Rod of Frost

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

KaiSci
Commoner
Commoner

Rod of Frost

Post by KaiSci »

Several people have been running around zapping eachother with rods of frost...some people think its funny and jjoin in...others thing its stupid and should stop for ruining RP

Well i have a solution for everyone...if we found a place to play freeze tag (away from the keep and high trafic areas) Would that be aloud? that way ot would keep the the frosters happy and the people who dont like it happy to

This is really to the DMs and Driller but player comment are welcome on this matter

KaiSci
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Freeze tag sounds like the sngle most fun game ever!

I wanna play!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Re: Rod of Frost

Post by ValentianNizzle »

KaiSci wrote:Several people have been running around zapping eachother with rods of frost...some people think its funny and jjoin in...others thing its stupid and should stop for ruining RP

Well i have a solution for everyone...if we found a place to play freeze tag (away from the keep and high trafic areas) Would that be aloud? that way ot would keep the the frosters happy and the people who dont like it happy to

This is really to the DMs and Driller but player comment are welcome on this matter

KaiSci
Let's call it the Arena and lock another thread.
KaiSci
Commoner
Commoner

Post by KaiSci »

I see someones happy..
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Kai said,
...if we found a place to play freeze tag (away from the keep and high trafic areas) Would that be aloud?
Don't see why not suggest a higher level area like the underdark or somthin so a low level don't get hit/mad. . . :shock:
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Why, oh why? I know BSK is RP 'lite', but this is completely RP-null and void. I do not see a "freeze tag" league ala Harry Potter and the Quiddich events being a part of the BSK universe.

If someone wanted to RP out a mage training camp of some sort with many different obstacles, that would be one thing (even though that would take a lot of effort to create). I, personally vote against the entire idea. It gives too many people the idea that if ONE area is for freeze tag ANYWHERE will be fair game for freeze tag. It seems that many people can't restrain themselves from attacking BSK citizens just because they're bored. I cannot imagine what would happen if this idea gets out of control.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I think I know the situation which you base your opinion on. Heres the story:

A halfling was throwing punches at the town crier. In an effort to spawn some RP, I cried "Assault! Guards!" This attracted the attention of many of the Keep's citizens, including Cervantes, who used his rod of frost to attack the halfling. Of course, it did nothing, but it looked as if it had. My character joined in by using his bladecaster sword to throw some spells at the halfling, who retaliated by chucking a firebomb at my character. Then he went stealth.

My party and I then exited the Keep and headed north. Out of nowhere the halfling throws another firebomb at me, and then he runs away. If I had been a few levels lower, it might've killed me. Or, if there had been other lowbies in the area, it could've killed them.

In conclusion, we already have OOC crap in the Keep already, which has been atacked over and over again, but this is an RP-Lite server. I'd rather have it in the Keep where there is no PvP than in other PvP zones.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
KaiSci
Commoner
Commoner

Post by KaiSci »

The point of this is to PREVENT the random rays flying everwhere...you get a guy hitting you out of area they get a punishement plain and simple...atleast thsi way people have somewhere where they can go and blow off some steem and kill the bordum
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I'm still completely against this idea.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

If you're bored, then stop playing or go to a different server. There is no need to quell the boredom by irritaing everyone else.
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

Most the people that play "Frost tag" do it within party.
That means thier party members are completely safe, and anyone else, is 'off limits'. I haven't ever heard of anyone playing frost tag that was running around randomly shooting non party members ;)
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
KaiSci
Commoner
Commoner

Post by KaiSci »

If you're bored, then stop playing or go to a different server. There is no need to quell the boredom by irritaing everyone else.
Which is why we should get a spercific area for it so it dosent annoy everyone esle
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

K guys if you wish to play tag with rods of frost the arena is an area set aside for playing or actin the fools ..

It is an area set away from the main stream areas where a lot of people RP ...

I have seen one or two playing this little game and didnt take any real action because like stated it doesnt do any harm but yes i agree when trying to RP in the keep it can be annoying so i suggest taking the game into the arena if you wish to play this kind of game
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
Ensign
Knight
Knight
Location: Leodis, the West Riding of the County of York, England

Post by Ensign »

Well, if you are bored, turn off the computer and go for a walk, if more bored people actually left the sever and didn't just hang around doing nothing other than hitting benches of zapping doors, we might not get the annoyingly more common periods when the server is full.
"Bring forth the Holy Handgrenade of Antihoch"
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Use some common sense folks. If you lack common sense, refer below:

:arrow: If you use a hostile act in the Keep, such as zapping someone with a spell, your consenting to PvP. Just because the Keep is a non-PvP zone and the effects of some things are harmless, that does not mean that tossing spells or bombs at eachother is 'harmless'. Initiating an attack is still 'initiating an attack'.

Feel free to use your dicebag inside the Keep and RP/mimic attack actions.

Also, if use of such spells/effects in the Keep is appropriate to the RP, then as long as all the participants are in agreement, AND your spells/effects are not overly intrusive to bystanders, then have fun with your RP. Just keep in mind that if someone gets caught in the crossfire, they may well consider it an attack.

If it turns out that your pestering others, relocate elsewhere, or at least out of sight/range.

:arrow: When if comes to managing a FreezeTag Event, consider it the same was you would consider any other PvP sport, even if your in party. It is best held in an arena. If you hold the event outside the arena, do not use lowbie zones. All participants must consent. If you kill someone with a freeze ray.... Laugh cruelly, take a screen shot to post for general mockery, then raise them. :twisted:

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle