Party limit

Post suggestions for improvements here.
warlock
Count
Count

Party limit

Post by warlock »

Any chance we can have the party limit of 8 players/party increased? I've recently found myself being involved in parties where we'd easily exceed the current limit. Looking at what we have ahead of us, a limit of the double would seem sane for now. Is this something you can look into Driller?
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Gimili
Count
Count

Re: Party limit

Post by Gimili »

warlock wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 pm Any chance we can have the party limit of 8 players/party increased? I've recently found myself being involved in parties where we'd easily exceed the current limit. Looking at what we have ahead of us, a limit of the double would seem sane for now. Is this something you can look into Driller?
I full agree, I'm also in parties often that reach the current 8 maximum. I think a cap 16 "for now" would be pretty great. It'd allow more people to communicate without having to use "tell". It also allows people to all hang out together and train.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I can, but it can cause extreme lag.
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

driller wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 pm I can, but it can cause extreme lag.
It can or will? Can we try with upping the limit to 12 instead of 8, to start with?
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

warlock wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm
It can or will? Can we try with upping the limit to 12 instead of 8, to start with?
It will! Can't you remember Warlock the Bioware server lagging when parties got too big?
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

Capt Cliff wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:05 pm
warlock wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm
It will! Can't you remember Warlock the Bioware server lagging when parties got too big?
Ahhh, I forgot. I now remember that it was quite of a struggle back in the days with the lag. Maybe todays hardware running blackstone/or the game engine may have changed since then to make the lag a bit smoother or even non-existent? Could it be worth to up the limit for a day to see if it has become better?
Blackstone Keep Veteran
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Beamdog did raise the concurrent number of players on a server to 255. So raising the party number to 12 to see how things work out wouldn't hurt. If there is a lot of lag because of it. Driller can always change it back.

--NS
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

nobody-special wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:09 am Beamdog did raise the concurrent number of players on a server to 255. So raising the party number to 12 to see how things work out wouldn't hurt. If there is a lot of lag because of it. Driller can always change it back.

--NS
Yep, agreed. Totally worth a shot!
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

@driller:
I have a lag measurement device that you can have if you want to. It's a device that players can turn on and off. It measures and reports the heartbeat so you can see when/if it's lagging.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks. I use nwnx it has a profiling plugin.
Cornflower wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm @driller:
I have a lag measurement device that you can have if you want to. It's a device that players can turn on and off. It measures and reports the heartbeat so you can see when/if it's lagging.