Not sure if its a bug or intentional

Report any bugs you find here.
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Not sure if its a bug or intentional

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

Hey driller, not sure if you meant to change the appearance of the way points and temple recall portal but they are all weird with pillars sticking out of the ground, and unappealing visual design now.
Sorry if this was intentional but they looked way better before.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: Not sure if its a bug or intentional

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Killuah Zodiach wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm Hey driller, not sure if you meant to change the appearance of the way points and temple recall portal but they are all weird with pillars sticking out of the ground, and unappealing visual design now.

I agree. I also get hung up on them every so often trying to get into the way point.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Perhaps less rune pillars, more glowing runes on ground and/or spark effects?
zhulf
Commoner
Commoner

Post by zhulf »

You mean the shifting pillars? I think those are cool as hell.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I was trying to do something neat with the new SetObjectVisualTransform function to turn the waypoints into some sort of mechanism.
Killuah Zodiach wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm Hey driller, not sure if you meant to change the appearance of the way points and temple recall portal but they are all weird with pillars sticking out of the ground, and unappealing visual design now.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The original waypoints used the portal tile which have 6 obstructive pillars coming out of the ground as part of the tile.
The new version has 6 rune pillars further away from the spawn point which gives more room.

So you get hung up on them more than before???
Sorcy Sid wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:56 pm

I agree. I also get hung up on them every so often trying to get into the way point.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Yup. I guess it's because they're clickable now.
driller wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am The original waypoints used the portal tile which have 6 obstructive pillars coming out of the ground as part of the tile.
The new version has 6 rune pillars further away from the spawn point which gives more room.

Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Yes. The new pillars are 'sticky', if I click on the way point from a low angle and don't click on the the center perfectly. My character bounces back and forth. The old style didn't have that problem since they were inanimate, IMO.

driller wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am The original waypoints used the portal tile which have 6 obstructive pillars coming out of the ground as part of the tile.

Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

An easy enough fix. I will make them static.

-driller
Sorcy Sid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 pm Yes. The new pillars are 'sticky', if I click on the way point from a low angle and don't click on the the center perfectly. My character bounces back and forth. The old style didn't have that problem since they were inanimate, IMO.

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:28 pm An easy enough fix. I will make them static.

-driller
Sorcy Sid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 pm Yes. The new pillars are 'sticky', if I click on the way point from a low angle and don't click on the the center perfectly. My character bounces back and forth. The old style didn't have that problem since they were inanimate, IMO.

An excellent idea!! I never saw the complete animation sequence but making them static works for me.!
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

if you make them static then you will lose the effects that you created for them.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, I can make it work.

-driller
nobody-special wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm if you make them static then you will lose the effects that you created for them.
wdpepsiman1
Commoner
Commoner

Post by wdpepsiman1 »

just walk up to the pillars and then click the portal good grief
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

^
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites