Crafting

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Chosaint
Commoner
Commoner

Crafting

Post by Chosaint »

Curious how it works, I have never done it in Neverwinter Nights, I was also noticing there are normal gems that look like they can be crafted into the socket gems and possibly forge stones?

Im pretty new here as well, havent played Neverwinter Nights since its release and didnt play it all that long, is there a good resource for learning more about the intricacies of the game? Or is Blackstone Keep pretty different from the base game?
Humiz
Count
Count

Re: Crafting

Post by Humiz »

Hi here is some info:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2078

And some more:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/6 ... -pw-server

Socket Gems go into Weapons and Armor that have sockets, a hint, a merchant in blackstonekeep sells suchs items.
Forge Stones are used in a Mystic Forge somewhere in the World, a hint, a higher skill = better results.
And Gems ... well they are nice to lock at or trade with a merchant or player.
Happy hunting :P .

Thanks
Humiz
Ippydips
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ippydips »

Jumping onto the crafting question.. is the altar of Lia (For example) based on your crafting skill as well? or is it by character level?

Or do they always enchant a plain armor and weapon with the same stats?
magiscis
Commoner
Commoner

what info is valid here?

Post by magiscis »

Hi, I'm new here and am interested in learning the basics of crafting. This topic was started over 10 years ago. I'm assuming there is a lot of no longer valid information to be read. Is there a noobie's guide to crafting that can be used to begin crafting on the EE server?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: what info is valid here?

Post by Cornflower »

magiscis wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 pm Hi, I'm new here and am interested in learning the basics of crafting. This topic was started over 10 years ago. I'm assuming there is a lot of no longer valid information to be read. Is there a noobie's guide to crafting that can be used to begin crafting on the EE server?
If you find one, please let me know. I've asked like everybody I've met in game, but not many people online when I'm in game.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

I'm trying to find a how to guide for this server too. Anyone?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The reason you don't find a guide on this site is because I wanted people to explore the world, interact with each other and learn how it works without it being spoiled.

But, I will give you a few basics.

1.Sockets gems can be placed into socketed items, these items are sold at one of the merchants in Blackstone Keep. You can also find them in drops.

2.Forge stones can be used at a certain place to enhance your equip-able items. Some of the stones require skill to use, this in turn means to get the most out of forging you will need a crafter to forge the item. See this thread here -> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3229

My advice is to buy magic bags at Foxmore's and put any forge stone you find in the bags and keep them until you figure what they do or what they are worth.

Forging is the best way to make end game items if you want to join a party and take on one of the raid bosses.

3.Lia's altar is just a minor way to get a small boost.
babyscout
Commoner
Commoner

Post by babyscout »

Is crafting ability based on skill points spent in crafting (like.. craft armor while leveling?) or do you gain crafting skill just while crafting in game?
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

babyscout wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:00 pm Is crafting ability based on skill points spent in crafting (like.. craft armor while leveling?) or do you gain crafting skill just while crafting in game?
It is based on the skill points. There are build recommendations for designated crafters.
-Lady Sabel
babyscout
Commoner
Commoner

Post by babyscout »

Thank you!