Player Name Taken?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Player Name Taken?

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I can no longer login under 'Sorcy Sid'. It says that player name is in use. Any way to get that name back? I also tried messaging that name and the player was not found.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Name Taken?

Post by driller »

This happened to another player. This should work for the Steam version. Go to your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder and find a file called cdkey.ini, rename it and try to re-launch the game.

-driller
Sorcy Sid wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 am I can no longer login under 'Sorcy Sid'. It says that player name is in use. Any way to get that name back? I also tried messaging that name and the player was not found.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I see that Steam has created a different cd key for my work computer. That key has somehow taken my original 'Sorcy Sid' login name at BSK. Assuming my toons are associated by cd key, and not my 'name', can I make both keys identical? Can you then delete the work computer key that has taken Sorcy Sid so I can regain it on the proper key?
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can change the CD key in the cdkey.ini to match the one originally used. Your CD key is tied to your login name.

Your Sorcy Sid cd key association is tied to the original key you used when the account was made, you need to change the cd key in the in file to match what you used when you first made the account.

-driller
Sorcy Sid wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 am I see that Steam has created a different cd key for my work computer. That key has somehow taken my original 'Sorcy Sid' login name at BSK. Assuming my toons are associated by cd key, and not my 'name', can I make both keys identical? Can you then delete the work computer key that has taken Sorcy Sid so I can regain it on the proper key?