Shalnath

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Graves
Baron
Baron

Shalnath

Post by Graves »

My group and I have been trying to run Shalnath for the past few days, but every time we go down there it's despawned. We've discovered that one player is repeatedly killing him right after every server reset, effectively shutting the Shalnath boss fight off from the rest of the server. This is especially unfortunate because for players without multiple accounts, it requires coordination between multiple people to find a good time to go down there.

I don't know of a perfect way to mitigate this other than restricting multi-clienting in that area. Possible ideas:

1) Increase spawn rate. However, this would just allow said player to farm it even more often, probably with no change in end results.

2) Instancing Shalnath's lair. However, this would allow multiboxers to kill Shalnath 5x in a row, unless you can figure out how to instance by IP address instead of account.

3) Restrict multi-clienting in that area so no one is able to solo the fight.

Suggestions?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Re: Shalnath

Post by Roland Deschain »

No one is soloing Shalnath. It is a group of PEOPLE.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Graves wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:28 pm My group and I have been trying to run Shalnath for the past few days, but every time we go down there it's despawned. We've discovered that one player is repeatedly killing him right after every server reset, effectively shutting the Shalnath boss fight off from the rest of the server. This is especially unfortunate because for players without multiple accounts, it requires coordination between multiple people to find a good time to go down there.

I don't know of a perfect way to mitigate this other than restricting multi-clienting in that area. Possible ideas:

1) Increase spawn rate. However, this would just allow said player to farm it even more often, probably with no change in end results.

2) Instancing Shalnath's lair. However, this would allow multiboxers to kill Shalnath 5x in a row, unless you can figure out how to instance by IP address instead of account.

3) Restrict multi-clienting in that area so no one is able to solo the fight.

Suggestions?
Its a group of multiple people and we wait for a while till we kill him. Lets see I seen you test shally at 6am.....its now 3pm in the afternoon my time and I JUST NOW killed him. SO you had ALL that time to do it but, instead your here whining. Yes I do it every reset but, why let it go to waste? We give you and your marry band plenty of time to go down there get killed and than normally we step over your corpses down there when we kill him. So stop your complaining and spend more time studying. This is another waste of time on your part to try and get me to stop playing my way and your just hiding behind Shalnath but, I'm not hurting no one or anything on this.

btw,
I actually kick my own characters out of the party when someone wants to join in and let them replace one of my guys. Would have done this for you when you asked me for a invite but, that's your punishment for trying to target/bully me I killed you down there and you still haven't let it go.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Even if it's more than one person -sometimes-, the fact still remains that it's not -every time- and it's still being soloed by one person at least -some of the time-.

The end result is still that no one else is able to run it. Please be constructive, or at the very least honest.
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Also, I should not be required to be in good standing with a specific player in order to complete the final boss of your game.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Graves wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:03 pm Also, I should not be required to be in good standing with a specific player in order to complete the final boss of your game.
Again your missing the point of …"I Gave you more than plenty of time to kill him".... 9 hours to be exact. If you were so sersious about killing him as you say than, he would have been dead when I came back 9 hours later. I don't solo him hes actually been changed so 1 player can't/would have a very hard time soloing him. Your just upset because we can kill im and you can't. If you can't take the Heat stay out of the Lair. Yes I could kill him solo quad boxing but, I haven't yet to be honest.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Graves wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:00 pm Even if it's more than one person -sometimes-, the fact still remains that it's not -every time- and it's still being soloed by one person at least -some of the time-.

The end result is still that no one else is able to run it. Please be constructive, or at the very least honest.
No, 99% of the time it is a group.

Also, most days we give people until close to server reset before killing him. Also 99% of your "facts" are wrong and are fabricated in your slander wing--zero campaign.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Graves wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:03 pm Also, I should not be required to be in good standing with a specific player in order to complete the final boss of your game.
What is that supposed to mean??

You come on here spewing garbage lies that are totally FALSE! There are a minimum of 3 people and many times 4 killing him.

I've personally seen your dead bodies in there from your failed attempts. So the server should stop killing him until you finally achieve success........if that ever happens.

Here we have a classic jealous example of a caustic player claiming unfairness. Maybe we can ask Driller to put you in a trophy for trying to kill Shalnath and failing.

Would that make you happier?

Get in the game and settle all things. It's much more fun than coming on here whining.........yes whining about you inabilities in a freaking game!!
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Trust me your not in my good graces nor have you been. I would love to kill you everytime our paths crossed but, I always take the better more adult path. Your starting to worry me a little because this has no bearing on you killing shalnath i'm starting to wonder if you have some man crush on me or what your deal is with me but, again just as Aldrek, Tar Valon and Shally Those bosses are there for anyone to kill. I don't go cry everytime your in the tomb of terrror so why do you care about this?

Also I love how your not mentioning that I stood around and watched you do your "solo" test lol and than I went to raise you when he killed you but, you decided to respawn and said No Thank You. That in itself shows you don't hvae it in you to be a bigger person and let the past be in the past.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Ok, I've made my best efforts not to respond to your nonsense on the forums, but it looks like your little crew is rallying to defend the fair maiden.

No, I've seen you down there, seeing your characters soloing the boss. That day you PKed me? You were soloing it with 5 accounts. I literally watched you do it, and saw you typing to me from all of the accounts present. Stop trying to use smoke and mirrors to look good for your buddies.

There is no "slander Wing-Zero campaign." There is a "stop letting multi-clienting interfere with other players' experience" campaign. Wing-Zero just happens to be the only offender so far. I will never not see it as exploitative and toxic. The server as a whole doesn't have an epidemic of it, it's just one player.

No, you've never stepped over "corpses," because every single time we've gone down to get it done it's been despawned. You've seen my corpses from getting combat log info and testing things out, not trying to kill it, usually because I beat you down there right after a reset. Sure enough, after my second attempt, you showed up with your accounts right after reset. In fact, you straight up confirmed that you were there to kill it when you said you need every kill after every reset. Your response was literally "Yep, every single one."

No, I didn't want a res from you, because you refuse to apologize. You threw a temper tantrum (that is still ongoing) when I said multi-clienting through group content is lame. You're barely cognizant enough of it to admit that it's an unfair advantage, let alone apologize for acting the way you have (aren't you supposed to be part of the "good" guild that is supposed to be fighting PKs? Your guildmates somehow approve of your actions?)

All of these insults seem to be consent to PvP to me. I'll see you all in-game.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Graves wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm All of these insults seem to be consent to PvP to me. I'll see you all in-game.

Can't wait : ) since you've got mine I've got yours : ) see ya there
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
driller
Site Admin