A couple of questions

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
drangotti
Commoner
Commoner

A couple of questions

Post by drangotti »

There are few things I don't really understand:

1. Is it possible and realistic, with a high hide/move silently skill, to Hide In Plain Sight againts true sight users, and their +50 spot? And before level 40?
2. How do I reach the store underneath, if someone can provide an answer without spoilers for others? I've been there once almost randomly.
3. How is it that some weapons have a d6 dmg added, and other a d8? Are there superior socket gems?
4. How do crafting skills impact forging? Do they impact crafting as well?
5. Finding secret places involves Search or Spot?
6. Bladecaster: If I take the first 20 levels as warrior, can I take three wizard levels afterwards and receive a sword that is adequate to my level?
7. Bladecaster: Does the sword stop improving after lvl 20?

Thanks; that's all I can think of at the moment.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of questions

Post by driller »

1.That will depend on your skills vs theirs plus dice rolls.

2.Explore the Waste. Go west!

3.Socket gems of the same type stack up to three times in weapons.

4.The higher your crafting skills, the better the item forged(tpyically).

5.Both.

6.I am pretty sure, it would work. But I need to check to code to be certain.

7.I would have to check this too. If it does, I will add another level or so.

-driller
drangotti wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 pm There are few things I don't really understand:

1. Is it possible and realistic, with a high hide/move silently skill, to Hide In Plain Sight againts true sight users, and their +50 spot? And before level 40?
2. How do I reach the store underneath, if someone can provide an answer without spoilers for others? I've been there once almost randomly.
3. How is it that some weapons have a d6 dmg added, and other a d8? Are there superior socket gems?
4. How do crafting skills impact forging? Do they impact crafting as well?
5. Finding secret places involves Search or Spot?
6. Bladecaster: If I take the first 20 levels as warrior, can I take three wizard levels afterwards and receive a sword that is adequate to my level?
7. Bladecaster: Does the sword stop improving after lvl 20?

Thanks; that's all I can think of at the moment.
drangotti
Commoner
Commoner

Post by drangotti »

Thanks, driller
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes to question 7 and the blade does improve after level 20.

-driller
drangotti wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 am Thanks, driller
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Hi!

I have a couple of question to follow up on that. In your last answer in this thread Driller, I'm guessing you meant "YES" to question 6 right?
I made a spellblade the other day and realised that it doesn't work when using a shield, or rather the spell doesn't work.
I get a msg saying you have to have the weapon equipped or the correct skill to use it (something like that). Is that how it's supposed to work?

Best wishes

Joakim
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes was the answer to question 6.

The blade should work with a shield equipped.
You must have at least 2 levels for fighter and 3 levels of sorc or wiz to activate the blade.

-driller
TressFX wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:35 am Hi!

I have a couple of question to follow up on that. In your last answer in this thread Driller, I'm guessing you meant "YES" to question 6 right?
I made a spellblade the other day and realised that it doesn't work when using a shield, or rather the spell doesn't work.
I get a msg saying you have to have the weapon equipped or the correct skill to use it (something like that). Is that how it's supposed to work?

Best wishes

Joakim