Un-asked for resurrection

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Scep
Commoner
Commoner

Un-asked for resurrection

Post by Scep »

As one of my party members and I lie on a cold stone tomb. (DEAD) Another adventurer walks up and resurrects me. I give him thanks. He then says "I want payment for resurrecting you." I see the he also is injured and I had only one more healing kit that I could have used on myself. But, I used it on him. He then points out that could have left me there to die. I expressed my thanks one more time and walked over to my fallen friend. As he lifeless body lays there. The adventurer pulls out a scroll and begins to read it. Life was back in my friend. She gives her thanks. And once again he asked for payment. She asks him how much? He then replies with a looking up and down over her body. And says "A night with you will be payment." She was appalled that one would after such a horrific event ask for such a payment to a lady he did not even know. He then states that he could just go ahead and place us back in the form he found us. (DEAD) As we talked things over on payment, on a resurrection that wasn’t even asked for. More of our party members show up. One of them had a couple scrolls to give him as payment.

Unfortunately as the transaction was taking place last the server went down. And both of them lost the items.

Now I just want to know is there a payment due on such a scenario. And being a season two at the time and the best payment I could have done was the heal kit. Is there something else’s I could have done different?

-Scep
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

No payment is due, if the guy decided to ressurect you then thats his loss.

If the guy kills you again, screenshot it, and all the text above it leading up to that moment and PM the screenshots to a DM or to driller.

Killing you after walking by and ressurecting you, is the same as no concent PVP which is not allowed.
In addition, the proposition of that nature is a violation of the pg-13 rules as well, ( or of not, it should be ) If you have screenshots of that I still suggest you turn them in to a DM.

Furthermore, to whomever made such a disgusting random sexual advance to someone unknown to them, go read the thread below about Internet Crimes.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
_Time_Stop_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _Time_Stop_ »

Since it was not asked for you do not need to pay him what so ever. He did not have to rez you no one asked it's his lost. Now if you had asked then he should say that there will be a payment... then again the dead can't speak.

As for the payment he said to the lady I'm sure others in the group would of paid him willingly for such an offence with their blades.

Note even in PG13 movies and books there are those who make advances on women BUT do they get what they suggest? In most causes no they get someone's blade instead.

It is the forcing of the act that goes beyond the PG13 rating. Then I would say he over stepped his bounds.
Time holds still for no man, only a woman can make it seem forever.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Your actions were just fine. In fact, in general it sounds like it was a touchy situation but mostly resolved well.

I do have a question, was this incident kept in character or did it present as OOC perversion?

If it was IC, RP it.
If he kills your character for failure to "pay-up", well... you did not really lose anything, so you have nothing to report to a DM.

If it was OOC perversion, then respond politely with an explaination of your feelings. If your killed for your morals, take a screen shot and report the incident to a DM.

If the RP seems to lead to a "death or deed" situation that your characters would probibly RP to perform the "deed" in order to survive, this DOES NOT mean you have to RP the act if that goes against your own RL comfort level.
In this case, RP the initial behavior like hugs or kisses and then pull a "Leave it to Beaver" moment from a classier generation and let OOC take over like this:

//As the intensity of the moment rises, the scene fades to black. Later as the darkness receeds, they find themselves disengaged and offering some parting thoughts.

At this point, have the characters part ways in whatever fashion is appropriate.

It is possible to RP pleasant and unpleasant intimate encounters without ever actually RP'ing past "first base".

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
_Time_Stop_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _Time_Stop_ »

Or the lady could ask the group to keep her honor and they all can have a good time beating up on the louse.
Time holds still for no man, only a woman can make it seem forever.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

_Time_Stop_ wrote:Or the lady could ask the group to keep her honor and they all can have a good time beating up on the louse.
Yes, but did the "group" show up in RP or did they OOC wander by because of party chatter?

If RP, then yes... If OOC.... leave the actors to play thier parts.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Scep
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Scep »

For all that was there everyone including the unkind fellow was IC and it stayed that way. Untill the crash and we went to the chat channel. He then asked in there still for payment but other than that thank you all for the input it will help in the future.

-Scep
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

*frowns*
i seriously DO NOT think you should encourage anyone to 'give it up' because of a ressurection, Roleplay or otherwise.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I think I'd have to agree with T'banyin given that there is a strong message on the server to respect each other's RP. If someone is RPing in a way that is inappropriate (in your opinion), then you should have a right to say so. Although I do like Myle's suggestion for the "fade to black" approach.

The fact that this character gave a rez to someone is their own dumb luck if the person cannot pay them back. I have played an evil character at one point who would save someone who was dying, and ask for payment, but if the person had nothing, I would say that they would pay me back another time and I noted their name in my journal. If I ever encounter those people at a later date, I will ask them again for payment. What comes of that will be left to the RP that comes at the time.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

if anyone ever needs a res... just PM me in game. i'll come asap.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:if anyone ever needs a res... just PM me in game. i'll come asap.
Your most likely the one who'll be needing a rez... and I'll most likely be the one arriving at the scene.
Scep
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Scep »

viobane wrote:The fact that this character gave a rez to someone is their own dumb luck if the person cannot pay them back. I have played an evil character at one point who would save someone who was dying, and ask for payment, but if the person had nothing, I would say that they would pay me back another time and I noted their name in my journal. If I ever encounter those people at a later date, I will ask them again for payment. What comes of that will be left to the RP that comes at the time.
I like that. I wish that person would have thought of that also. It would have played out better.
XStorm
Commoner
Commoner

Post by XStorm »

it was my character Sharwyn ... that he asked that of ... it was IC and I will take it that way ...

XS
Lady Sharwyn ..........

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

T'banyin wrote:*frowns*
i seriously DO NOT think you should encourage anyone to 'give it up' because of a ressurection, Roleplay or otherwise.
No encouragement was offered. I specifically pointed out details regardings the "if" part about the RP personality of a character. A persons character may not necessarily have the same moral code of the player behind the scenes. My advise regarding that was geared to educating someone who was personally uncomfortable with the likely direction of thier characters RP so that they could allow the RP to develop without conpromising thier own RL values.

In the case where the PC would not lean to such behavior to save thier own life, no encouragement was given to suggest doing so.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

ValentianNizzle wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:if anyone ever needs a res... just PM me in game. i'll come asap.
Your most likely the one who'll be needing a rez... and I'll most likely be the one arriving at the scene.
Oh, so very true :D