List of suggestions

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

List of suggestions

Post by Kane0 »

Hello there! I'm new, so please forgive me if these have been raised before.

On creature spawns and behaviour:
- Spawn times can be way too fast. For example the last section of Goblin Mines if you aren't lucky you could end up fighting two or three sets of boss-worgs. An extra minute or two would be much appreciated.
- Some spawn locations are right on top of the player. This can be really big trouble for archers, mages, etc. This is most hazardous when backtracking through areas. I think the easiest fix is to make the spawn boxes bigger and place the location in the centre?
- Some creatures can see you long before you see them (looking at you, Tyranoid archers) and others spawn close and run fast so they appear almost on top of you. Combining these two can make for a real hard time for some.
- Some spawns are clumped together, so moving to engage can suddenly double the creatures present by the time you arrive. Not a problem on its own, but sometimes you are just swamped through no fault of your own.
- Those sharks, man. Those sharks.

On merchants and crafting:
- Somewhere we can acquire 40-60% bags for mages, dex chars
- Regular +1 and +2 ammo for sale somewhere in BSK would be lovely
- Stacks of potions and kits for sale so we don't have to buy them one by one.
- Some fancier potions like say flame weapon, keen edge, stoneskin, ghostly visage, etc
- Potions of heal? I can guess why these aren't available, but what if you change the amount they heal to say 100-150HP instead of auto-full?
- Could socketing armor give resistance instead of immunity? Socketing armor really isn't worth it as is...
- When socketing equipment can there be a heads up about the level restriction of the new item, like the forge gives you? Saves you making a weapon you can't use for another level or three.
-

On journals, maps and quests:
- Journal entries for quests list the expected level or level range of the quest, so you don't go into the sewers at level 2 expecting Nordock rats.
- Following from above, matching quest gold/xp rewards to this expected level. Something like 1000gp and 250xp per level?
- More markers on the minimap please, like what is there in town. Cave entrances, portals, quest givers, etc
- Many maps a big. And empty. not so much a problem, just something I noticed. Anything we can do to breathe some life into these larger areas, or just shrink them down a touch so it doesn't feel so empty?
- That handy dandy starter book you get? Maybe also include the deity and subrace details that new characters get inside it, plus some handy starting information on quest givers, sockets, crafting, etc.
- Some maps are wierdly out of place for their average challenge. Bugbears being a long ways away from other lowbie quests is an obvious one, and the fish people right next to the area you go through to get to the lvl 1 kobolds is another.

Miscellaneous:
- Please increase the timer on doors autoclosing by an extra half minute? They slam in my face so often I think i'm developing a complex.
- Also please increase the time a loot chest hangs around like an extra 20 seconds or so. If i'm knee deep in orc guts I don't want to face the hard decision between getting mauled while battle looting or losing the chance at loot I fought hard for.
- Long shot, but just wanted to hear your thoughts on integrating other crafting systems. I believe CNR features gemcrafting and enchanting, could fit in well with existing sockets and forging.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: List of suggestions

Post by driller »

The distance between a random spawn point and the player has been adjusted from 10m to 20m.
Doubled max potential spawn time.
Re-added potion stacks back to Cartigan , also added arrows.
Magic Bags of various types added to several merchants.

The rest probably won't be done for various reasons.

Thanks for your input.
-driller

Kane0 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 am Hello there! I'm new, so please forgive me if these have been raised before.

On creature spawns and behaviour:
- Spawn times can be way too fast. For example the last section of Goblin Mines if you aren't lucky you could end up fighting two or three sets of boss-worgs. An extra minute or two would be much appreciated.
- Some spawn locations are right on top of the player. This can be really big trouble for archers, mages, etc. This is most hazardous when backtracking through areas. I think the easiest fix is to make the spawn boxes bigger and place the location in the centre?
- Some creatures can see you long before you see them (looking at you, Tyranoid archers) and others spawn close and run fast so they appear almost on top of you. Combining these two can make for a real hard time for some.
- Some spawns are clumped together, so moving to engage can suddenly double the creatures present by the time you arrive. Not a problem on its own, but sometimes you are just swamped through no fault of your own.
- Those sharks, man. Those sharks.

On merchants and crafting:
- Somewhere we can acquire 40-60% bags for mages, dex chars
- Regular +1 and +2 ammo for sale somewhere in BSK would be lovely
- Stacks of potions and kits for sale so we don't have to buy them one by one.
- Some fancier potions like say flame weapon, keen edge, stoneskin, ghostly visage, etc
- Potions of heal? I can guess why these aren't available, but what if you change the amount they heal to say 100-150HP instead of auto-full?
- Could socketing armor give resistance instead of immunity? Socketing armor really isn't worth it as is...
- When socketing equipment can there be a heads up about the level restriction of the new item, like the forge gives you? Saves you making a weapon you can't use for another level or three.
-

- Journal entries for quests list the expected level or level range of the quest, so you don't go into the sewers at level 2 expecting Nordock rats.
- Following from above, matching quest gold/xp rewards to this expected level. Something like 1000gp and 250xp per level?
- More markers on the minimap please, like what is there in town. Cave entrances, portals, quest givers, etc
- Many maps a big. And empty. not so much a problem, just something I noticed. Anything we can do to breathe some life into these larger areas, or just shrink them down a touch so it doesn't feel so empty?
- That handy dandy starter book you get? Maybe also include the deity and subrace details that new characters get inside it, plus some handy starting information on quest givers, sockets, crafting, etc.
- Some maps are wierdly out of place for their average challenge. Bugbears being a long ways away from other lowbie quests is an obvious one, and the fish people right next to the area you go through to get to the lvl 1 kobolds is another.

Miscellaneous:
- Please increase the timer on doors autoclosing by an extra half minute? They slam in my face so often I think i'm developing a complex.
- Also please increase the time a loot chest hangs around like an extra 20 seconds or so. If i'm knee deep in orc guts I don't want to face the hard decision between getting mauled while battle looting or losing the chance at loot I fought hard for.
- Long shot, but just wanted to hear your thoughts on integrating other crafting systems. I believe CNR features gemcrafting and enchanting, could fit in well with existing sockets and forging.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Awesome! That was a really fast response.

I’d be happy to lend a hand if needed, and would love to hear thoughts on the rest of the stuff.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not available for potions and there are other ways to get these.
Some fancier potions like say flame weapon, keen edge, stoneskin, ghostly visage, etc
Unbalancing.
Potions of heal?
Actually it is worth it when you take forging into account.
Could socketing armor give resistance instead of immunity? Socketing armor really isn't worth it as is...
I think this time to time, but I have always put it on the back burner.
When socketing equipment can there be a heads up about the level restriction of the new item, like the forge gives you? Saves you making a weapon you can't use for another level or three.
All of these kinda go under the category of handholding. When you smooth everything over, you kinda lose personality.
I adjusted doors and loot chests recently. Not sure when you collected these thoughts. I want to keep BSK crafting unique instead of another server with CNR .
Miscellaneous:
Kane0 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 pm Awesome! That was a really fast response.

I’d be happy to lend a hand if needed, and would love to hear thoughts on the rest of the stuff.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Ooh, two more:

Some sort of LFG tool, like an item so you can run around and do stuff while waiting on people who may or may not respond. Have it announce your current location or instruct to send a tell instead of the Scribes's announcement to meet at BSK. With the usual 5-min limit of course.

I understand we can't socket ranged weapons because of how they interact with ammo, but how about a socketable item that generates a bundle of ammo once per day?
Last edited by Kane0 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I was on for 4 to 5 hours today and got 3 loot drops! The loot drops have to increase or people will go some places else or stop playing all together. Yes driller I know you have a grasp on the statistics but people I party with ALL complain about loot drops. They disappear and I don't see them anymore. I am not wining or crying just reporting the fact. If the game is too frustrating people leave. One must have the gear in order to survive in the tougher areas. So prime the pump ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have adjusted it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 pm I was on for 4 to 5 hours today and got 3 loot drops! The loot drops have to increase or people will go some places else or stop playing all together. Yes driller I know you have a grasp on the statistics but people I party with ALL complain about loot drops. They disappear and I don't see them anymore. I am not wining or crying just reporting the fact. If the game is too frustrating people leave. One must have the gear in order to survive in the tougher areas. So prime the pump ...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:19 am I have adjusted it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 pm I was on for 4 to 5 hours today and got 3 loot drops! The loot drops have to increase or people will go some places else or stop playing all together. Yes driller I know you have a grasp on the statistics but people I party with ALL complain about loot drops. They disappear and I don't see them anymore. I am not wining or crying just reporting the fact. If the game is too frustrating people leave. One must have the gear in order to survive in the tougher areas. So prime the pump ...
Thanks ... there has been an improvement. Hell Akon's Golem even dropped a loot chest. Considering what was in it Akon is a bloody cheap skate! For he is not paying that Golem what he's worth!
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Would there be a possibility of new or altered subraces? Some don't appear to be very enticing.

Oh, maybe some extra sections on the forums for character builds, crafting/trading and other stuff?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There is always a possibility, what is it that you want?

You can post that stuff in the Public Cork Board. Just do in in RP style.

-driller
Kane0 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 am Would there be a possibility of new or altered subraces? Some don't appear to be very enticing.

Oh, maybe some extra sections on the forums for character builds, crafting/trading and other stuff?
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Oh, hmm well off the top of my head a how about:

Aasimar: +2 Wis, -1 Str, +2 Lore, 1/Day Endure Elements, 15% Negative damage vulnerability, bird wings
Tiefling: +2 Int, -1 Cha, +2 Discipline, +1 Saves, 15% Divine damage vulnerability, bat wings
Feytouched: +2 Cha, -1 Con, +2 Tumble, 1/Day Invisibility, 10% Acid and Electrical damage vulnerability, fairy wings
Dragonborn: +2 Con, -1 Dex, +2 Appraise, Bonus Feat: Alertness, 15% Sonic damage vulnerability, dragon wings
Wispling: +2 Dex, -1 Wis, +2 Spellcraft, Bonus Feat: Mobility, 15% Magical damage vulnerability, walking trail
Wildblood: +2 Str, -1 Int, +2 Heal, Spell Resistance 12, 10% Fire and Cold damage vulnerability, glowing eyes
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

And a few more musings

- Give a minor lore item for Cartigan to sell, like a +3 ring or something
- On Cartigan, put him behind a bench or something so he doesn't get shoved around the room
- Enable appraise for merchants, for those that invest the skill points
- A persistent chest we can use to transfer loot between our characters
- A persistent chest we can use to donate gear for new players
- Some sort of NPC we can use to delete characters we don't want anymore
- Change Fate Shrine Balors to something a bit more level appropriate. Perhaps Slaadi?
- Some sort of 1/day summon item from Cartigan or Foxmore. Or better yet, something that scales with the level of the user so we don't have a dozen different variants of summons (Earth elemental stone, Summon IV wand, Instrument of the Winds, etc)
- Is there supposed to be a troll quest? Seems odd that there's nothing attached to the cave/miniboss, or maybe I just haven't found it yet.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I think a few merchants already have rings of insight do they not?
I will add a move to WP so he returns to where he belongs.
Merchants already have appraise.
I know people meta game, but at least make them work at it.
Same as above.
The Dock Master already does this.
I think they are fine, you are tempting Fate. But, maybe a dialogue explaining very bad things along with the good can happen.
I think the variety is better, instead of an generic all summons item.
There was, I need to add it back in.

-driller
Kane0 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:45 pm And a few more musings

- Give a minor lore item for Cartigan to sell, like a +3 ring or something
- On Cartigan, put him behind a bench or something so he doesn't get shoved around the room
- Enable appraise for merchants, for those that invest the skill points
- A persistent chest we can use to transfer loot between our characters
- A persistent chest we can use to donate gear for new players
- Some sort of NPC we can use to delete characters we don't want anymore
- Change Fate Shrine Balors to something a bit more level appropriate. Perhaps Slaadi?
- Some sort of 1/day summon item from Cartigan or Foxmore. Or better yet, something that scales with the level of the user so we don't have a dozen different variants of summons (Earth elemental stone, Summon IV wand, Instrument of the Winds, etc)
- Is there supposed to be a troll quest? Seems odd that there's nothing attached to the cave/miniboss, or maybe I just haven't found it yet.