Some Random Bugs / Suggestions.

Report any bugs you find here.
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Some Random Bugs / Suggestions.

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

Hi Driller, returning old school BSK player. Some possible bugs / suggestions.
Some issues or possible tweaks I have come across.

After completing the third shrine the quest doesn't move into my completed quest list, it stays in my active quests.

Waste East. There are some seriously bad pathing problems with this whole area. I will go to fight a Giant, end up under it, then have to click away from it, then click back to fight it. I don't know if its the general terrain, or something f'n with mesh way pathing but it never use to be like this.

Aildrek's Tomb opens (once a month) Considering it is an active quest it is hard to complete if the door is shut all the time, I remember the old server use to open the Tomb once or twice in a server reset, although the good gear in the chests were only present once a reset (First in best dressed) which is completely fine, but it slows down questing for end game.

Server resets, I remember the server use to reset every 4 Real Life Hours, which made shopping at Marvale and Akons Easier to get the once a reset buys, and made Ailderk's Tomb more accessible (I'm sure you're working on this)

With CEP removed we are quite limited on visual looking gear, so perhaps the coding on the general apperance change could be re-done or fixed, there were about 3 - 4 options when I flicked through them in Kalus's and then they repeated the current visual without any change.
Also adding Shield, Helm, Cape visuals to be cycled through would be great too, give us that personal feel.

Loot Table: Now I know loot is a touchy subject so that people cannot get too advanced too quick, but a play through thus far for a cleric level 26 I have managed to find 7 forge stones in total. 1 Purple, 1 White, 1 Cobalt, 2 Indigo, 2 Bronze.
Now I know the higher end stones are at a lower %, but heading into end game I figured I would have found one of the higher end stones:
Blue, Yellow, Red, Silver, Crimson, Green, Scarlet, Gold.
Testing yesterday I hadn't found a forge stone in about 10 levels, so I figured I would go back to the kobold cave where I found my last bronze.
Low and Behold, one chest in a bronze.
It seems like the higher end stones aren't random, running off a % or off a level thing where defeating monsters well above your level, or entering hard areas which adjusts the reward value.
The General loot is ok, perhaps some more simplified tables with level progressive gear would work better, some +2, 3 and 4 amulets, some gear with bonus to Attributes and some general scaling gear would go good.
Akons feels a bit dated these days, I think some more targeted gear and more variety would be better served there, More Amulets, Rings, Boots and Cloaks.
Perhaps implement some better trinkets for helping out and about leveling wise for the higher levels and of course, making the cost of the items f'n loads more, I can farm for 2 - 4 hours and buy what ever I want at Akons (Doesn't seem right for the end game store).

Time for some new quests (I'm sure they are in the works, but some people don't like to grind all the way to level 40).
I have completed most of the quests and shrines (Besides, 7th, 8th, 9th) and high end area quests. My char is level 26, with grinding lots of levels to go to these quest areas.
There needs to be a few more quests and paths to take, the only new quest from 10 years ago (and no im not at end game yet so there could be more)
Is the Ocean Road, that's not much in 10 years, plenty of paths to take all across of blackstone, heading further north in the snow (to the great wall Would be epic)
Quests for troll heads and the random caves out and about in the world.
Sailing further south, and going to a few random islands off a sail boat on the ocean road, just some different variety and varing level areas to keep people on their toes.

I also think adding 3 sockets back into shields / helms would be a good idea as well, with the removal of Greater Belts (/20 resist: Bludge, Pierce, Slash) The monsters hit for a metric shit tonne, 25% and a /10 belt isnt massive when your going into end game and switching armor out at every area is stupidly annoying too.

Sorry that this has been so long winded, but these bugs / suggestions would make blackstone feel a bit more at home like the old days when the server was pumping 40+ and you had to fight for a spot.

Cheers Driller and thankyou for all your hard work in porting the server to NWN Edition, and keeping it operational for so many years.
I lost my NWN discs years ago and haven't been able to play for years, with it back on steam, I remember why I love NWN and its because of BSK, not just the game.