Can't wait to get back

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Trudes
Count
Count

Can't wait to get back

Post by Trudes »

Well, i'm that desperate to get back in BSK I'm buying a new computer!
having loaded the game onto the other half's laptop and feeling the excitement build i was very dissapointed when i kept crashing on entering the keep. After tweaking the settings and updating drivers with no luck i have decided to bite the bullet (or the 0% credit card lol ) and buy a machine that is up to the job. So hopefully i will back next week 😀.

in the mean time im reading through old posts on here to jog my memory. After years of not playing this game i find i have forgotten loads! It's an age thing lol. Actually, it's probably going to be a new game completely for me, i used to have a notebook with everything written down which i threw out a couple of years ago thinking i wouldn't need it again, if only i hadn't! I had a pretty good forger char and i cant even remember what properties forge stones have! I had an awsome sorcerer and several good rogues and one of my favourites... my Vampire, i loved that char! Oh well, it will be fun learning again, i'm hoping as i progress through my memory will be jogged ☺

I'm so looking forward to meeting old and new players in game, i will be dragging my Son and his friend in with me! Did i mention i am super excited? 😆

Trudes x
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't wait to get back

Post by driller »

Welcome back, I hope you new PC has no issues.

-driller
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Thanks Driller . ☺
AcaciaJade
Commoner
Commoner

Post by AcaciaJade »

Do you happen to have any idea why it might be crashing like that? Ive been having the same issues and ive been scouring the bug reports on the baldersgate support webpage and i guess its a very common bug but apparently noone can give a straight answer as to why its doing it...or atleast theyre not posting the answer. Id hate that i spent the money on the game just to not be able to play it since i just bought my laptop back in october so buying a new computer isnt an option.
-Lady Sabel
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Hi Jade,
I have no idea why this is happening either. I just presumed it was the laptop i was using. Although i can build a char and get into the game at start point ( i even managed to stay a few mins with one char) the graphics look fine, the sound is fine then i crash. Then when. I try to log on again i get booted as the char is about to enter the game. It's very frustrating!

I want to buy a new comp anyway, but I'll be very a annoyed if this doesn't load on it because i intend to buy a pretty good gaming laptop. 😐
Mausman
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Mausman »

Hijacking yer thread :P

I also hath returned!

A newer computer should run it just fine. Not sure what the specifics on your old(er) machine were, but that might have been part of the problem.

I'll be rusty with the mechanics likely...been knee-deep in nwn2 mostly the past few years on various servers, so I'll need to think about how to use concepts I have in a nwn 1 setting :P

Anyway, fun stuff! hope CEP will follow soon!
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Yay Maus! Will be great to see you in game. Rob has been in BSK this weekend too and he's brought his neighbour in also. 😁
AcaciaJade
Commoner
Commoner

Post by AcaciaJade »

My laptop is a hp spectre its a bummer because i just bought it a lil while ago for and i can run the base game and all expansions with no issues but cant get a server to load it gets about 3/4 loaded then crashes...
I dont get it because i can run dragon age, nwn2 and ffxv on it with ease with decent graphics.
-Lady Sabel