Old Stories from Blackstone

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Old Stories from Blackstone

Post by Jazelle »

Here I will list the old stories that were posted. Starting with the oldest.
The world is a strange place.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Unen's dream

Post by Jazelle »

"Peh...soothsayers...Lord Driller...who is Lord Driller, anyway?!?!"

Unen found it hard to believe the uproar of armageddon. Apparently someone tried to kill Aethril because he wouldn't accept the fact that Kazra was coming to destroy everything.

"Lord Driller says this, Lord Driller says that... Doomsday..yeah, right..."

Unen unlocked the door to his room, walked in, and shut it behind him and locked it again.

He stood perfectly still, listening for anyone lurking nearby...
He was keen enough to hear someone breathing. However, he did not. With that, he went to bed...

*insert wavy horizontal line here*

Unen began to dream...but not of pleasant things. What he saw was most dire. The first thing he saw was the Wastes, the sand blackened by the approach of some high power...

Next he saw the Deep Forest, burned to the ground...

The Tyranoid Swamps barren, arid, and lifeless...

The Dark Forest burned just like the Deep Forest...

The Hidden Shore like a battlefield, a ruined land...

Bordermarch, flaming high despite the cold temperatures...

Next what he saw worried and hurt him the most...Skara Brae. Burned just like Bordermarch. Little remained of the holy monastery...nothing but a pile of rubble and ash...

Blackstone Road infested with a greater amount of more powerful undead...

The Keep, completely and utterly razed...

The dream paused on this image.

Next, he saw a bright light...

Something was blocking the light...

He could only see an outline of a figure; the light was too bright...it spoke to him...

"Unen E'lie of the Shining Order."

"Y..Yes?"

If this was who Unen thought it was...

Unen kneeled before his God.

"Rise, Unen. I must be brief."

Unen rose as commanded.

"Unen, you must go. Go, and take as much as the Blackstone populace as you can. Issue a mandate for the Order. They all must leave. None are safe."

"Lord, are these images you have shown me true?"

"They are. You must leave. I must be brief; I cannot explain. You understand."

"Of course, Lord. When?"

"The first of November of this year. You must leave by then. It is so. Tell everyone you see. Get Lin-Wu to help. The soothsayers are not wrong this time."

"I shall do as you ask my Lord, of course."

Unen lowered his head and bowed to the God.

When he looked up, he was looking at the ceiling of his bedroom.

He looked around...he was awake, and it was morning.

That was no dream...

That was a vision.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Bordermarch... The War of Shadow and Ice.

Post by Jazelle »

wdpepsiman1 wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
The hut settled against the ground like a beast, under the stone from the farther edge. It was set apart from the others, though built the same, a crude thing of bent wood and cured hides. The wind howling in the from the dark tugged at the hides, playing fitfully with the pale glow of the lantern that lit the interior. The hut was cold and damp, and not even the furs piled around it warmed the occupants. One man fumbled for a pile of twigs and struck the tinderbox lighting the wood. Others passed a cup drinking a warm liquid. They wore furs, the tree young warriors, and snall pieces of maetaland chainmail, looted from dead men. They carried swords of a dark metal that were never far from their reach. Their eyes fixed upon face of the man seated across from the. He was an old man, his face lined with deep cracks and scars, A mane of silver hair flowed from his forhead onto his shoulders, he was hunched now in his old agefrom the passage of years. His eyes were bright, darting pale blue sparks through the faint light of the lantern, watching each one and holding their gaze like an eagle looking for prey. He was very thin, even amongnst a group of men starved for meat, his clothes were rags that spoke of better days. on his left side rested a great longsword, its blade glowing with sonic light, huge green and white socketgems set into the pommel. His right hand was bound in bandages showing where is fingers had been severed. He smiled and began to speak: [/i]Aye you laugh at me. I know that. Youth is a gift that can afford laughter. When the arm is strong, the lips stretch easil: for a woman, a clean kill, a blue sky....an old man. I am old now, but once i was young like you, and just as foolish. I gave up more than you whelps will ever know. Once i sat in the halls of marble, their pillars filled with gems and gold. The food came in platters made of silver, rosted meats, birds, cheeses, breads and the finest fruits and the finest Starkson wine you ever drank. Aye in the good old days. the olden times. You hairy brutes are to young to remember, though i do. I cannot forget. I wish i could it would make this damn exile easier. Aye but what can an old man do? He sits in this cold and damp tent wondering where his next meal will come from, remembering things best forgotten. At last he nodded and pointed his stumpy hands towards them and spoke again. She was a woman, Raven! There are none like her today. Tall she was, her hair as red as the sun on a late summer evening. Her eyes as blue as a sea-pool, blue and green mixed together, that could suck the soul out of a man, if she choose. Though i have seen them red with blood and as cold as the the wind from the frozen passage. She was a woman you whelps might dream about, damping your blankets with the thought. She smiled as she killed. Few men in all the hundreds she slew could stand against her. I was one ---and still bear the scars of knowing her, albeit they are gladly borne. She is long gone unless she survived that last armageddic battle known as the Battle of Fire and Ice. I know not: i fell there, and i never saw her again, except in my dreams. Perhaps dreams are the best way to remember, now. The wind renewed it attack on the tent, howling through the tied seams. The fire sparkled against the wind, and the lantern flickered shadows over the watching faces. They were tensed, now, staring at the empty blue eyes of the old man that looked into the distance reaching for an age gone down into chaos, reaching for a dream, a memory, a woman. She was a woman aye, A swordmisstress, too, but always a woman. Raven we called her, I shall tell you how she got that name, tell you of our first meeting......

Thanks everyone for the great times
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Thief in the night

Post by Jazelle »

Aeon_Apogee wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
The woman let her self in quetly, calmly pushing though the locked door like it wasn’t there.
-these nobles keep some heavy security!- she thought, quietly swinging up into the rafters of the roof. A guard in heavy plate-mail chinked up the hall, slowly, measuring each step. He noticed the ajar door, and went over to investigate. It was the last thing he did, as the burglar swung down, and smashed is head against the wall, careful to let him hit and fall as quietly as possible.

After dragging the body to a secluded corner, she swung back up into the rafters, and paced along, sure to make no creeks and pops along the way. She slipped past three more guards and finally reached her goal, the door to the master bedroom. She dropped down behind the door guard and batted his head with the butt of her knife, sending him to the floor, out cold.

The door wasn’t even locked, so the woman let her self in, silently stealing past the main bed, where some noble lay entwined with his wife. She crept silently over to the nightstand, and exchanged a small neclace with a moon set in it with a note. On the note were two words.

Thank You.

She left, just as quietly as she came in.

-actions of Fade, theif of tact.

----------
The next day there was a stir in the keep’s noblemen. Some thief had snuck into the house of the lord Yates and stole his wife’s lunar locket, a gift given in the lord and lady’s recent wedding. Fade had no interest in what they were saying about the thief. She had no interest, because she knew who the thief was. The thief was her.

She fingered the moon-shaped neclace in her pocket, turning it end over end, gently feeling its every curve. Tonight she hoped to nail a bigger prize.

The sun had set an hour before, and in the greyness of dusk, fade moved, quietly slipping along the wall of the country manor. It had great security, at the door at least. Unfortunately for family Rel’alor the west entry was the least guarded, as it led to the servants quarters. She poked her head over the edge and pulled out a wand and a jet of blue shot out of the tip. The man below was instantly frozen into a block of ice. Fade dropped down, pulling the face-consealing scarf over her nose, and pulled a set of soft leather gloves on. Brushing past the ice-sculpture, she quietly picked the lock and let her self in. Quetly she slipped through the halls, and dodged into a side passage as soon as she could. She waited in a closet for a few hours, waiting for the pre-bed commotion to end, and the manor to go silent.

The last guard she expected to encounter was the one at the stairway, and very fortunately, he was distracted, by a very attractive serving woman. He was chatting up the woman, making blatant advances that Fade would have snickered at, were she not trying to be quiet. Slowly, quietly, fade drew her wand, and froze the scene. She smiled, -one day ah might have ah career as an artist.- she thought, again, slipping past the still life. Inside was the prize she was looking for. She passed the barrels of Starkson wine, imported from the island castle, and snatched a small stone from a pedestal. She stuffed it into a bag and calmly walked out.

Only an hour later would the manor awake, to the exclamations of a shivering guard, ice still hanging off his armor. Fade was well away before then, quietly dropping from the roof of the playful maiden tavern into her rented bed.

-edited for general errors-
--------------
Fade stared down into the porous stone of castle venator’s brick floor. The prison was cold at night, and Fade was dressed in her rather skimpy street-cloths. She curled up, and scrunched her forehead together, and thought… she thought for a day and well into the night.

At breakfast the Venator guard opened the cell, and he looked around. And saw nothing. He droped his head to look under a table, and Fade dropped him, by landing on his back, with a soft crack. She dragged him in and closed the door softly.

Some time later, Fade stepped out dressed in the man’s armor. She walked calmly past the guards at the door, and she walked towards the nearest storeroom. And from there, she disappeared, and it would be 10 minutes before the guard regained contiousness…
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

The Megedagik Brothers

Post by Jazelle »

BattleGuide wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Kohana and his brother Meribic were raised in a small Halfling community deep in the heart of Mother Nature’s most sacred of all places. There were few people who even new that this land existed. The Megadagik family were the protectors of their homeland. Trained as rangers these boys lived happy and carefree. The animals of this region lived as if they were all of one family.

As Kohana and his brother returned from visiting the town mage for supplies that their parents had sent them for, they noticed an unfamiliar smell in the air. The brothers began to move with grace and precision not making a sound as they traveled through the wooded area. Speaking to one another only in the sign language their parents had taught them for hunting. As they got closer to the village, they found the body of their younger brother with an arrow in his chest and his cloths burned as if some type of magical fire had hit him. “What happened?â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Wynter Lake Journals of the Mistress of Shadow and Ice

Post by Jazelle »

Star Child wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Wynter Lake

Her skin always looked a pale blue due to her extraordinarily low body temperature. However the woman felt quite comfortable in her climate. The only light that lit the room was that from her Cyan ring that lit the room a bluish tint. Her cold breath looked like smokey vapors as it exited her mouth into the warmer atmosphere. She sat down at her table, a frozen solid block of ice that seemed impervious to being melted in any way. The cleric of Kazra began to write of the many prophecies that invaded her head this day and the other events of the Keep

The Prophecies #1: Ortelassa Kallow

Journal,

I had the unfortunate opportunity to speak with the Starkson witch Lady Ortel. She spoke to me weeks ago about the life path of my son. She told me Orion Lake would one day turn from Kazra. Lady Wine was there also and vowed the Starkson protection over my son. This confuses me however. Where could have Ortel gotten such a prophecy. She said "It is written so shall it be done". Written where though? It wasnt until later that she revealed to me that it was Celantar, the damn goat god, that made such a prediction. This brings me hope for Celanter could be quite wrong. Possibly he may have misinterpreted everything. However there is one of Kazra that is prophecied to come that will bring the Kazrites into the glory that they lost on The Day of Shadow and Hell. The glory we deserve. I believe this person will be my son.... Kazra's son..... Orion Lake. But some believe otherwise. On top of that I now have found out that Ortel is linked to my family along with the Niave Wine. I wish it wasnt so. To have the damn Starkson, traitors during the Kazrite war, linked to me is curse and an insult in itself. The one thing in our conversation that brought me absolute joy was the fact that Ortel was also told of her path... another prophecy... from a new goddess. A Blood Goddess. For Ortel did say that she was going to die and there is nothing anyone could do about it...

The Prophecies #2: Elias 4th Born of Blood

He spoke to me from within the shadows. His skin was a light red quite like my son Orion's. However his eyes did not glow red as Orion's did. He bore the wings of a red dragon yte was not of a disciple. He spoke to me of devouring followers of both Kazra and Vor. He claimed to be a vampire and son of the Blood Goddess that haunts Ortel. It was a pleasure to meet her lineage. For an enemy of Ortel is a friend of mine. There is much more to this blood line. For I forsee that this Blood Goddess and her children will arise to power and take their rightful place as gods of the Keep... Time will only tell.

The Prophecies #3: The Messenger of Frost

There was snow in the Keep again. I thought it was my love and life Kazra. I called his name and he did not answer. Within time the whole Keep had been covered and snow and ice. What a change... what a joy... How could this not be a gift from my Lord Kazra. I called his name again and felt his presence close yet he did not answer. The kids played in the snow making angels. A little halfling named Dracco gave me his Monk Cloak because he thought I would freeze. He must not know me very well. For the first time in a long time I genuinely felt free in the Keep near the great oak. Then I heard it. Everyone else must have heard it too, for the kids stopped playing and everyone in the Keep stood perfectly still and turned their heads all in one direction. It was if everyone was a golem paying heed to one master for the all turned their head at one time. The noise. A stomp and the ground shook. Another and the ground shook again. Louder... and louder. Someone or something was coming to the Keep. What ever it was it was alone. Soon men just began to die around me for what seemed to be no reason at all. Finally the Ice Elemental, messenger of frost and cold, made its way. Dracco attacked but to no avail. It was here for something. It was here for.... me. "Your master seeks you." it said.

"Only Kazra is my master" I said in rebutal. The elemental roared and its aura brought the winds of all the winters in the past. More men fell dead at its presence. Didn't It know that I am immune to this frost. Actually I enjoy it. I not fear it or the cold at all. Kazra's presence with me was even closer now. He was protecting me from this thing.... this thing that claims that I have another master....

"You will see your master or die" It said.

"My master...." I held on to my dire mace of cold as a wizard hold his staff. "Is only Kazra!!!" I shouted in the winds above the roar of the elemtal.

"If you will not come for your master then your master will come for you!!" and as quickly as it came this messenger of frost left. The ice and snow immediately melted and the Keep was back to its original state at the blink of an eye. Those who had fallen were now all of the sudden made alive with bewildered looks on their faces.

"A master.... coming for me?" I gathered a party of five men together to look for where the wretched yet beautiful beast had gone. We traveled all of the way back to my home in Border March yet it was no where to be found. I even had to solicit the help of the knights of Vor. I hated every minute of that....

Yet nothing. All I know is that a master cometh of whom I have not heard.

The Prophecies #4: Mystic the Mystical Mage of Trinsic

Quite like his name everything he says does rhyme. It sent me and nine others whom I would have never would have traveled with otherwise to search for extremely magical items. Though he rewarded us greatly I still see no point of these items. He has something up his sleeve. Something big this mage is about to do in the Keep. I just dont know what...

Good Night Journal,

Wynter Lake

Mistress of Shadow and Ice
Cleric of Kazra

-----
Wynter Lake,

A Raven in the Snow

Her presence was strong as usual when Raven stood there next to the giant tower. This obelisk that Kazra had risen in the Keep. A sign... a harbinger rather that the day of Shadow and Hell would once again arise. Yes Raven's presence was strong indeed however it was different. Much different. She wore black armor and the auro of her sword was even greater than it had previously been. She spoken of Kazra as being her new diety and the diety of the Hunters.

I watched in admiration to see that Kazra had turned one who was once my most powerful foe to now being my most powerful ally. I had no idea that this woman Raven was the one whom the prophecy's spoke of. How could I have been so blind. When it comes to the writings of the Kazrites of old in the Kazramonon I was never ever wrong.... or could I still be write my dear journal. Do the writings still speak of Orion. Maybe they speak of both Orion and Raven.

It is my feeling now that maybe Raven is just here to bide the time until Orion Lake comes of age. I must say that I am quite pleased with Kazra's decision to choose her in the mean time and I will serve her loyally as I did Warlock years ago in the Kazrite war. We, all of the Hunters that is, have agreed that Warlock's name should no longer be mentioned in the Keep. If should rear his ugly head may Kazra cut it off. For he failed in leading us to glory on the day of Shadow and Hell. Yes... He failed me.... the Kazrites.... and Kazra himself.

They threatened Raven and spat at her and cursed her new god in the Keep near the obelisk. By the grace of Kazra he called her away too his temple. That left only me and Damian Goodmaine. Little did I know that other supporters were in the crowd such as Amanda Davenport who came to my aid after the scene was over.

Damian too left and then there was me. I alone faced the audience of scoffers in front of Kazra symbol. That dreaded wench of witch Ortel was there as well muttering off cursers and crap about her goat god. I paid no heed to her. For her time of sacrifice to the Blood Goddess is at hand. So I began to do what I have not done in Kazra's name in ages. I began to preach his sermon of Shadow and Hell. The crowd still scoffed and mocked.

Too get them to settle down and know a small portion of my power I called upon snow from Kazra to once again fall upon the Keep. And it fell.

Someone kicked the tower of Kazra and others followed. I asked that they be blinded for they can not dessicrate what they can not see. And they were.

One brave fellow Seperoth cursed Kazra as loud as he could and I asked that he be sticken dead. And he fell dead

"Anybody else?" I asked as the blue light of my aura grew brighter. The cool touch of the snow and wind made me stronger and Kazra's presence was felt more than ever. The crowd began to calm with a few disgruntled mumblings here and there.

"Repent or die at the hand of Kazra" I said. Only four were wize enough to take heed. Amanda Davenport, Logan, Lady Divinity, and the demon Ryoku. I feel sorry for the others. Kazra will spare them not.

Raven met me and Silith later that day. I was surprised yet happy when she asked me to be the head cleric of the Hunters. Due to the new circumstances I felt obliged to have it no other way. Me... a Hunter... who would have ever thought. Silith took her command as general under Raven. She must be the most powerfl mage in the Keep. Together with the backing of the all the Hunters with the backing of Damian Goodmaine and Veldraine. I do not think that we can be stopped. Not even by the swordbearer Vallius and his friends.

I don't even think that such a faithful and wonderful cleric as Platina Aurinelle of Lem could save them now.

I will let it be know throughout all the Keep that the Hunters have my blessings and my aid so long as they follow my Lord Kazra.

Good Night Journal

May Kazra be praised...

Wynter Lake
Cleric and Head Priestess of Kazra
-----
Wynter Lake

Days in the Maul Fortress:

Journal,

This is my first entry since our move here. Orion hates the cold here. It is even more cool here than in Bordermarch. He is much like his father as he grows though. When I look in his eyes I see the essence of our guilds name. I see Bloodthirst.

I have not yet left the Mauls. They have been quite gentle to us and protect the fortress from unwanted intruders. But I will venture out soon for I recieved a message this day from Logan. Acwell Wickwire is a great deliverer of these notes. For I have yet to see one of our members move in and out the shadows as swiftly as he. He brought me disturbing news of Hordak as well but that I can write about later. The letter from Logan states that we had trouble in the Long Passage and that judgement must be executed swiftly. I must look into this further.

Myel came by today. I don't know how he found us here. It was fun to watch him shiver I must say. I gave him the items he requested of me. That should be enough to Keep Ortellasa off our backs a while. Though since the treaty began she and her Starkson have been quite tame. It is the Hunters that bother us most. I told Myel I do not think his plan will work and that the next time he needs someone to play fetch not to call me. There was very little information that I was able to gather from Ainerielle the Priestess of Lia. But she said enough. All and all it will keep the Starkson busy. Too busy to bother us.

One soldier brought me a weapon he had found in his adventures. Powerful indeed but I have no use for it. I guess I will give it to my son when he is of age. He would wield it nicely.

Wynter Lake
Kazra's High Priestess of the Unholy Triumverate of Blood Thirst
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Just a girl...

Post by Jazelle »

Pharo_IK wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
//please do not post directly to this thread.//

born to Queldin and Talianna Nailo, L'Talausathia was average length, slightly under wieght, had almost non-exsistant thin red hair and blue eyes. she was a single child. she had all the attention and love of her firm, but open parents. they had no choice in their openness really. they enjoyed life to much. they pressed the limits all the time and while their rules were never up for debate, just about anything was allowed under supervision.

childhood was wild. not wild by most accounts, but wild by the nature of her young life. animals were in abundance. climbing trees was never considered odd and more times than not, the climb was a competion with one of her parents. even more odd, often it was her parent as some animal. her parents, and many of those in her life where shifters.

nature was never far away. down the street, at the doorstep, curled up beside her when she awoke in the morning.... and if that was not enough, her parents often took her out for treks into the woods and forests. it was not all fun and exploration. before she could carry a full conversation in the human or elf tongue, she new what to eat and how to find her way by asking birds and squirrels for directions.

never really smart, she was still considered bright, but her true gift was her ablitity to watch and understand. she could see a moment of an animals life and gain wonderous understanding of the animals mood, personality, and situation. unlike others of her family she had not even seriously entered the druidic teachings when she found herself taking her first form.

quietly watching, Tala and her parents learned a great deal about a small family of panthers. Ruracka and her 3 offspring had entranced Tala. she would sit for hours watching. she would spend days catching up and following without disturbing.

Krurar, the eldest male explored apart from the others and fell in a rock crevase. his whine caught Ruracka's attention and she tried to lift him out many times, but her head was simply too big. she pawwed at him to pull him out and only managed to cause cries of pain and draw up tuffs of fur. Defeated, Ruracka nudged the other cubs away and sat with her head on the rock. her confusion and sorrow filled her eyes as she sat, unsure what to do.

Tala's parents, thinking this a chance for her to learn one of the sad lessons of life, began to gently explain what was going to happen. upset, Tala wanted her parents to go help Krurar, but they refused and explained that this was a task set for the panthers. they explained to Tala, that unless one of the panthers could save Krurar, he would die and return to the earth. Tala cried and her parents allowed her to back away when she shied from their effort to embrace her. then Queldin and Talianna jumped in surprise as a form leapt past them.

a panther of moderate size stopped several strides away from Ruracka and immediately laid down and bared her neck and stomach. unhappy at the intrustion, Ruracka hopped to her feet and hisses and growled a warning, her remaining 2 cubs darting for cover. the intrudding panther, rolled around the spot on which she laid and purred loudly.... a submissive whine occassionally broke the echoing purr.

Ruracka lowered and crept up on the panther rolling around on the rockface. Tala's parents, fearing a fight which would disturb Tala bagan to back away and turned to take her with them. both looked at theother as they realised Tala was not behind them. as the thought entered their mind, they turned to face the rock. Ruracka leapt into the air and crashed onto the new panther. the mouth, too wide to allow her to save her cub, closed on the throat of the submitting invader and the hearts of two parents.... only 30 feet away.... sank in empty fear.

----

the Great Oak is many things and is many places. a tribe of wild elves once lived in a valley of many unique qualities... unique enough to draw a body of grey elves from their havens around the world, to live in a small conclave which was in a clearing. the clearing was large and had always been a simple feild of wild flowers, grass and various weeds.

first, tents, then organic formations of stone and plants were made to house the grey elves. magic which required decades of focus. skill which took centuries to learn. a gift simply beyond the scope of acheivement within the lifetime of humanity. the kind of grace and peace of mind and ability affored only to those who, like the elves, have no need to rush through a short life.

around the clearing, trees. trees for as far as one could walk for days. around the trees, four points. the ocean to the east, mountains so high that half thier majesty was covered white year round stood to the north, south and west. three wide valleys formed a large basin where they joined and in the middle a tree stood.

even surrounded by mountains, the sight of such a tree stole ones breath. this tree, was revered. the size was not truely important, nor was the fact that all the forest around it had sprung from its roots, even the way it was perfectly in the mist of all around it... equall distance from the mountains, their peaks, and how the distance to the valleys end matched to the shoreline of the ocean....

each night a light, undeniable gale sweeps forth from the tree in all directions. at the hieght of each season season the enviroment around the tree is the epitomy of each without fail. the leaves are curatives of decerning power.... those trusting gain health in measure equal to their faith. yet, still these remarkable events are not what is truely special.

from time to time, often in conjuction with the moons phases, the tree is visited by a spirit. not a god, not a devil... no visitor from another plane enters the tree. a entity known as the Great Oak, the Binder of Creation, whose reaching roots hold the world in an embrace and give life and drive to that which is natural.... The Great Oak, a primal force of creation.

in years gone, only a memory of records which themselves are old, the two gatherings of elves intertwined slowly, but certainly. generations of lost count, a human was found sitting at the base of the holy tree, speaking with a treant in the light nights air. a druid who refused to be run off, he was eventually accepted as he returned for years and years claiming to be called by the song of the great trees leaves in the night time breeze. joining to live amoung the elves, he found a mate and was wed to a elf maid of mostly wild elf decent.

-----

what compares to a parents fear as they watch helpless when fate alone decides what will be in store for their child, thier only child? how does a moment last so long and yet... pass so quickly that no response can take place? why is it a mothers face can be covered in tears, but her vision never clouds? where should it exist that no time for a panicked blink has passed and all her faith in her husbands protection flees a woman in a gasp which empties her soul?

Ruracka held tight and and slapped at her victim. no movement gave sign of struggle and as Ruracka lifted her head, releasing the neck of the flacid cat before her, she glanced at the two humans whom she knew well. licking her lips, the blood obvious, Ruracka growled and skittered over to the crevase her eldest was lost in.

all thought or worry about Ruracka was gone. the distraught parents both silently vowed to strike her down if she moved towards them. 30 feet becomes 15 inan instant and they collide in confusion and relief, the downed panther rolls to a sitting position and whimpers at them... the words clear... " i am ok, let the panthers save their own."

Tala, warned more than wounded slowly advances on Ruracka. the growl sends Tala to a sitting postion, she lowers her head submissivily and bides her time, waiting for Ruracka to look away. slowly she stands and proceeds to Ruracka. at 2 body lengths away Ruracka lunges and takes the offered neck in her mouth again, Tala goes limp and offers only whimpers of submission. after a few rakes on the shoulder and forearm of Tala, Ruracka releases her and places a paw over the top of Tala's head, holding her there for long minutes.

flies begin to pester the two stationary panthers and both twitch their tails and ears in frustration. Ruracka, looking over a outcropping of rock, sees the worry and fear which her nose had already noticed as it pours from the two nearby manlings. she snorts, shaking her head to ward off the flies and lowers her chin onto the nose of the new arrival. the snap of twigs signals the crouching of the watchers as they resign themselves to the moment.

as Tala begins to purr, Ruracka swats her roughly. as Tala yields a whine, Ruracka lifts her head and begins to lick her face. after a while, Ruracka has bathed Tala's face and neck and a portion of one of her arms.... Ruracka lifts her paw from Tala and licks her nose.

lifting her face to Ruracka, Tala nuzzles against Ruracka and Tala baths Ruracka tenativily, accepting the occassional swipe and clamping of her loose skin in Ruracka's teeth. nearly an hour passes and the bites stop and the swats lose their sting, Tala rolls over and is promptly tackled and one of her ears gently chewed. satisfied with her dominance, Ruracka stands and walks back to her spot next to crevace. the sounds of Krurar's protests had long stopped being persistant. the cries, pitiful and weak, come in short bursts and seem to only serve as his effort not to be forgotten.

Tala paw crawls to the crevase and looks down. a low warning from Ruracka sends Tala back several steps. pressing again, Tala slips forward and looks into the creavase again and catches sight of the trapped kitten. a series of retreats caused by Ruracka's irritation with Tala's nearness to Krurar is overcome with persistance and finally she perches above the crevase. slipping her head in she finds a tight fit, but one she can force herself to accept. the closeness of the rocks, the tickle of her whiskers, all her instincts cry warnings, then she feels the fur of the cub.

Krurar's cry panicks Ruracka. she leaps and slashes at Tala. the force of the blow knocks her away fromthe crevase, but luck granted another gift as she had just closed her mouth on Krurar. she released the kitten and kept on the ground where she lay. Ruracka's attention focused on Krurar, as she snatched him up in her mouth, she growled a 'follow me' command to the other two cubs and pranced off, turning to make sure she was not followed several times.

two shadows over took Tala. she looked up to see her parents. they looked so odd. she could feel their power, but they looked so weak, so frail. bright light forced her eyes closed and the aches of Ruracka's not so kind temper faded. the stroking of her fur was comforting and she began to purr. pleased at the attention, she laid her head in her fathers lap and let herself doze.

------

as time passed the community of elves, mostly quiet and keeping unto themselves, grew quickly. this actually took several generations, but since those generations where measured by the span of humans and the newly arrived half-elven children, it was a sudden change in the mind of the elves.

the growth in population did not take long to double. the children of the Nailonian line married into the local elven families. it was not a long time until the few who left, caused the arrival of new comers. soon the conclave of elves grew into a township, small villages popped up in the region and soon it was much like any coastal area dotted with settlements.

as crime and bandits became a hassle, patrols and possies started forming. leaders stepped forward and soon the fledgling townships were governed. as trade developed both the need for security and strong leadership grew and many of the settlements banded together into a trust called the Nailonian Protectorate. the Nailo family had long since played the role of community leaders in the central conclave. in tribute to the method the elves used to shape rock into living spaces the once small conclave in a clearing was dubbed as the town of Stonehome and became the seat of the Protectorate.

none of the independant settlements wanted to lose their independance, but they all recognised the need for banding together. rather than name the Nailonian mayor as king of the Protectorate, the title of Lord Protector was chosen. while afforded alot of respect and tasked with regional responsibility, each settlement had it's own mayor and the Lord Protector was expected to seek a mayors approval for any decisions effecting their jusidiction.

matters over the years resulted in the mayors often being popular political figures who left most duties to the local constables. constables were often retained from mayor to mayor as they often new the troubles of the regions and had methods for dealing with problems well thoughtout and starting fresh made little sense. raids from the 'moster races' and/or bandits were the main threats and the Protectors Militia often worked closely with or under the local Constables.

while not royalty per-se, the House of the Protector followed the Nailo family line. the children of the current Protector often called prince or princess. the druidic ways always seemed to flow strongly in the families line and in particular, the females who took up the ways of nature passed along a gift from the Great Oak to their daughters or sometimes sisters or granddaughters if they didnot have daughter to pass it to.

the exact story is not shared outside of the family, but it is said that the human druid which kept returning to the tree until finally accept by the elves, had a unusually keen perception of the world. such was howhe heard the call of the great tree, even though the elves had not heard it. it was by this humans hand that a evil, bent on bringing injury to the Grove of the Oak was foiled. in apprecitation the Great Oak gifted him with the Night's Breath.

however, the Night's Breath caused him to feel ill, but despite the Oaks offer to relieve him of the gift, he cherished it, asing not to be asked to yield such a blessing. other blessing entered his life, but none as dear as Cephanousa, the elf maid he would eventually marry. on the day he asked for her hand and recieved her enthusiastic reply, he cried out his wish that all could share in his joy and a whisper, on the wind, reached his ear. among the message was a request, "give the breath to your love as my gift on the night of your joining."

on the day they wed, as they finished their kiss, he turned to the crowd and greeted them. he once again professed his love of Cephanousa and spoke of the words spoken by the wind many weeks before and then he faced his new wife. he told her it was finallytime for him to let go of the blessing given him and the reason for the ill it caused him was known, "the Night's Breath is a renewing force which gives life, comfort, and washes away the past day to give forth the new dawn. as a force of creation, it was not meant for a man.... the cradle of life resides within women."

calling on the elements to aid him the air seemed to strike up a refreshing fury, then from his opened mouth a gale blew forth. as this wind whipped about the base of the Great Tree, Cephanousa knelt in reverence, lifted her head and took a deep breath. too all present it seemed the very sky dove into her. she rocked back as if struck, tears falling freely, feeling her lungs fill with something indescribable.

and so from elder to youth, woman to woman, the Night's Breath has passed. in time a young girl, glowing in triumph as she padded around covered in pitch black fur with yellow-green eyes and playfully pouncing on her elders received the now ancient gift of the Great Oak. there were chuckles from her family as she pouted, upset about being asked to keep to her girlish form and be serious... an accounting of her was made, Tala was deemed of age. her grandmother, who had no daughter of her own, called for the aid of the Great Oak and passed on the legacy of their foremothers.

a few hours after the exchange, a rider appeared, spoke of foul deeds against some of the smaller villages, and her father rode off.

------

a few days passed, the number not important, but the returning news startled the adults. Tala found that anytime the subject of something called the Daggers of the Mist came up in conversation, they always shushed her and talked with their words all in funny ways. father was always short tempered when those words came up and soon, nobody even spoke those words.

it was as if all the grown ups thought that by making gestures and picking big words, that Tala was too dumb to know what was happening. trying to show them she understood, she got a knife out of the kitchen, then she hid inside a basket in the family room. as she was noticed missing, the search begain.

after a short while the adults returned speaking nervously about where she could be. proud of her cleverness she burst from the basket weilding the knife in both hands in exaggerated slices, " you can not see me, but i see you!" not only did nobody appreciate her clever display at understanding what the grown-ups were talking about, she was spanked and sent to bed without dinner.

not that she went hungry, with a few chitters and squeaks, several nearby tree dwellers left and returned with berries and fruit. she determined from then on to keep what she knew to herself. the paddle soon found itsself missing and later in the fireplace. many things which where used to conduct spankings went missing. it was several months before her parents caught on and only then because the latest offending paddle was forgotten about and remained under her bed on laundry day.

word of the bandits grew and so did the concern as small villages no longer seemed to interest them. while some success was had in fighting off the Mist, they seemed to always depart with some measure of upperhand. most frustrating was that many of the trips to the forests and mountains were canceled due to her fathers participation in the counter-raids and the effort to protect those threatened.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Evil's Last Stand (lol it actually WAS..how did u know that)

Post by Jazelle »

Wynter Lake

//Most people I talked to said the weekend would be the best time for this. Its short notice but the pressure to do this became overwhelming.

After having gathered the pledges of many I Wynter challenge those very men who have sworn their allegiance to put into action their words. The Order of Bloodthirst will have their first council two days from hence (Sunday after the 8:00 reset in Bordermarch).

Only those of a loyal heart may come. All those of evil are welcome to come join. However, only those who worship Kazra will be given high seats on the council for he is our patron.

The guests of honor are the following:

Wynter Lake - High Priestess of Kazra (Star Child)
Logan Moonrise - Fallen Paladin (Berforam)
Damian Goodman - (Mathew)
Overlord North - (Lord Stubby)
Sir Acwell Wickwire - Twin Assassin (Dezba)
Sir Quaid Wickwire - Twin Assassin
Kohana Megedagik - Murderous Halfling (Battleguide)
Menas Spillman - (Pretty Fly)
Amanda Davenport
Typhoon - Blue Dragon
Trina Milkina - (Dogsbreath)
Erish Kiburd
Ander

Those are the ones who at one time or another have pledged to join us. (//any DM's that would like to come can too. Hopefully Griph as you know who). We will not have one leader but a council of three that will make our decisions and be our figureheads. At the meeting all present will help to elect this evil triumverate as their leaders, advisors, and authority. We welcome the chaotic as well but you must be warned, unlike in the past where our chaotic evil actions cost us great loss, I will see to it that we are lawful and orderly. Does that mean we will not kill. Nay it only means we will kill with more deadly precision, Does that mean we will not loot. Nay, it only means that there will be purpose for our greed. Does that mean that we will not reek havok upon the Keep and its citizens. Nay, it only means that the havok will serve our ultimate goals.

Our old chaotic ways have cost us years without leadership, the loss on the day of shadow and hell, and has scattered us in too many directions to do anything to our cause. Therefore I call for a method to our madness. Join us.

As of this day I declare Bordermarch, my homeland, as our major city. It belongs to us now. Those who have a problem with that will fall. For temporary uses however the Temple to Kazra in the Oasis will be a guild house for us. This council however, again, will meet in Bordermarch. Two days from this day!!

May Kazra bless us and may the chill kill those who oppose us.

Wynter Lake
Cleric and High Priestess of Kazra
------------
VlosBD696 wrote: ‹ Select ›
Bordermarche is watched over by Lia.
------------
Wynter Lake

If Border March is Lia's consider it hers no more.

We care nothing of her.....

Wynter Lake
Cleric and High Priestess of Kazra
------------
Kestal wrote: ‹ Select ›
so much as try anything with the temple of lia and your little party will meet a quick demise.
------------
The temple and shrine is holy ground and as such is off limits.
------------
Berforam wrote: ‹ Select ›
-We have Shalnath´s disciples help and a demmon named Rex Havoc and the own Kazra and my unholy blade.

- Logan Moonraise
-------------
Remember the last time in Bordermarche not even Kazra could enter the temple. The demon is his servant if the master can not enter then servant must sit outside and wait. Silvey shall not stand along remember that
-------------
Kestal wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Berforam wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Expand ›
-We have Shalnath´s disciples help and a demmon named Rex Havoc and the own Kazra and my unholy blade.

- Logan Moonraise

Is that suppost to post as a threat? Because...Shanlnath's demons are kinda well....well like rabbits, cute and cuddly and harmless.
-----------

Berforam wrote: ‹ Select ›
good to hear that , i like challenges
-----------------
wdpepsiman1 wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Do not worry friends of Lia for the Hunters have removed this vile bunch and Bordermarch is now open and free to all

Raven Swordmisstresas of Chaos

Guard carefully the torch that guides you through the night, lest that which threatens your path extinguish it.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

The last call for The Oreh'll

Post by Jazelle »

Arch Magika wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
As Hay Lin walked slowly away after Natashas souls was drawn out from her own, she wandered alone in the area of the Dark Forrest, keeping her thoughts to herself. She stops and looks at the Tavern, as she recalled the first time she ventured here. It was with her brother at her side. She smiles a bit to herself, recalling Taguon being the everlasting optimistic.

"Of course sis, we can handle it!"

Severel days, she walked outside with no sleep, and only the berries that the forrest provided to satisfy her hunger. She had made her decicion. She went back to the Keep, finding Natasha standing at the entrance, like she was waiting for Lin to show. She sighed deeply before greeting Natasha, to swallow the grief within her.

They spoke for a while, untill Lin sudden looked seriously at Natasha.

"I'm leaving" she said, hoping Natasha didn't care.

"You're... you're leaving? Natasha had a glimpse of surprise in her eyes. "But where?

"I will return home, and if Nalia wants to, I shall bring her too"

"But.. will he let you come home?"

My father, nor the Drow has no power over me, and will never have it again" Lin answered firmly. Stil she struggled to keep her feelings to herself.

They hugged, wishing each other luck. Lin turned toward the harbor, headning toward the Starkson. On the boat to the Isle, she fell on her knees, crying. Why must it be so hard...

She sneaked quietly into the Starkson. No one would notice, since Winesa gave her the keys ages ago, back when they were hearted friends. Lin didn't want to face any of the Starksons. She found Nalias suite, and knocked quietly. Nalia wasn't really surprised to see her mother.

"Nalia... " Lin started quietly. "I am heading for home, and..." She looked at her daughter. They never really were like family. All the time, they had struggled against each other. Suddenly Faith, Nalias daughter came out in the door, smiling.

"Hi!" Faiths eyes were nearly twinkling like stars, as she saw her grandmother for the first time. "I know, who you are" she grined.

"Hello Faith" Lin smiled.

"I kow what you want!" Faith looked curiously at both Nalia and Lin. "Are we going with her, mom?"

Nalia smiled to Faith. "Go inside, Faith. I'll let you know afterwards"

Faith nodded eagerly, and hopped back inside.

"Mother..." Nalia hugged Lin. "I do want to go with you, but Faith..."

Lin stopped her.

"I know Faith has her entire life here. But look at the danger that has befallen this place, Nalia. I will not force you, but it would be wise of you to leave, now with all the things going on. I want to bring you home... to my home, like I should have done ages ago"

Nalia sighed. She knew Lin were right. She didn't want to lose Faith, as she was lost to Lin.

"Come inside"

They both went into the suite. Lin looked at Faith, as she played with her toy dragon - with sounds. Nalia sat near her desk, and began to write a letter.

"Dear Winesa.

I know you have been my mother for many years now. But it is time for me to face my past. My mother came here this night, offering me to travel back home with her. This wasn't how I wanted it to be, but mother has a point. I can't risk Faith to any danger. I know you will do all to keep her safe, but I can't take any chances. May The Great Oak protect you, as you have protected me.

- Love Nalia"

She left the note to be seen, when someone would enter the room. She then packed a few things, and went over to Nalia and hugged her.

"Let us go now..."

They again went quietly out of the mighty castle, and headed toward the harbour. Abord the boat, Lin noticed it was the same boat, she arrived with back then. All three of them, stood in the end of the boat, seeing Blackstone Keep getting smaller behind them, untill they couldn't see it.

"Our prayers goes to you all"
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

True Adventure

Post by Jazelle »

Star Child Thelandira

All post to this thread (exept this one of course) please adhere to the following.

This is an IC thread for all those who may be even slightly involved in the Tuesday night quest to tell events from their char's point of view, show emotions or growth of their char that may not be possible to rp in game, or just express how their char is feeling at the particular part of the quest. Have Fun.

Star Child Thelandira
Starkson MERC Head of the House of Air
-----
Star Child Thelandira

The lone elf ranger girl stood outside the Starkson gate. This is where her Lady Ortel had told her to wait. She had a history of accepting mages and mystics of sorts as her council. Her very first friend was Platina Aurinelle, the most fabulous priestess of Lem she had ever known which had first introduced her to the Starkson. Then there was her derranged half drow, her father, Myel Damy who had some how changed her for the worse then lead her in the ways of WAR. After WAR was destroyed completely she wondered the forest of Blackstone alone until another wizard Hand Xilo had come along. It was Hand who helped her complete her training and learn to hide in the shadows. He also encouraged her to find others like herself and lead them so they may grow as she had throught the experience of adventure. She knew however that this task could not be done alone. She would need the help of those she formally knew before her transformation. She needed the Starkson. Now lead by Lady Ortel they welcomed her back with open arms. New faces filled the halls thereof. Some were pleasant like Panacea and some she feared who will remain nameless. "Familiar yes..." she said to herself as she waited "but different at the same time."

This was the second group of adventurers that Star would now lead to glory. The first group of MERC's "Darks Dozen" had grown all too fast and were ready to explore the world on their own. However for this group ultimate glory would come slower. Much slower. Yet it would all be worth it in time. Star now decided that it would be her life's mission to find new adventurers and lead them to full age. One Epoch Adventure at a time. This time under new leadership it was Ortel who first approached Star with this mission and told her "find as many as you can that will help you. Starkson faces a threat. We must know it, find it, and stop it." This would give Star an opportunity to reprove herself to her former allies. In the mean time they have been given the Hall of Air and keys. Well not quite given. It came at a price.

As with her last group once again she looked over the crossoroads on Starkson Isle and her elvish eyes sight could see them coming. Those brave young adventurers that answered her call. A cleric, a mage, a rogue, a monk, and dog. "Not bad" she thought to herself. "They may prove better than the last group. I guess I should go down and welcome them home."

Star Child Thelandira
Starkson MERC Head of the House of Air

------

VlosBD696 wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Ortelassa put in the crib her sleeping son Zha'linth, he was growing quickly, she smiled thinking of his father then she looked at Udosst sleeping in the other crib. Udosst was just like Celantar except for drow black skin. He slept on his tummy like a little cherb his little wings crossed on his back. Whenever he was awake the boy always was laughing and happy. She tucked the blanket around Zha’ and stroked Udosst’s wings lightly then looked up at the Nanny and nodded.

Without saying a word she left the room and went to her desk. There were reports and letters all over the table, slowly she went through them filing some away and others tossing in a pile on the floor. A few hours later she was done and had written letters to be delivered these she put in a pouch to be given to a page later. Then she opened a drawer and pulled out a small box and put it in a bag at her waist, closing the drawer she rose up and walked to the fireplace. There she sat down and picked up a bottle uncorked it and pour the rich Starkson wine into a glass on the table. Putting the bottle down she picked up the glass and swirled the wine around to give it air then took a sip and looked thoughtfully into the fire.

In another month’s time the boys would go with Celantar to join her other children in Sigil. There they would be safe under the protection of their grandmother. She would visit once every few weeks but never stay, there was too much to do here. Maybe later when all this business was done with she could take a few months off and be with her family. In the mean time Ithadour visited the castle now and then when he knew Celantar was not around. She smiled at the thought. They both stayed out of each other’s way so all of them where happy. Still that would mean that Ithadour could not see his son maybe she would keep the boys here longer.

She took another sip of the wine then opened the bag at her side and pulled out the box. Finishing the wine she put the glass on the table and opened the box. Inside was a small pouch amulet decorated with drow symbols in gold and gemstones it was a piece of art that only a high noble could possibly own. She rubbed her fingers over it before taking it out of the box. Carefully she undid the catch and pours out the small amulet inside.

It was made of cut black opal her fingers move over the carving feeling the household crest. They traced over the drow skull with carved flames of inlayed fire opal. Any magic attached to the piece has long since vanished over the years of her living on the surface. Her mind thought of just one name Valn’Elghinn. Several times she had thought to throw it away as Lomeldur has asked her to do and loose that last bit of her life from the underdark. But no drow could just toss away the gift of their birthright. Instead she had just put it away and forgotten about it.

The house of Valn’Elghinn was unique a gift from Lloth to the first matron for her unfailing service. It would never be caught up in the fighting between houses it would stand alone and untouched and in returned Valn’Elghinn would keep the great city’s undead army. They would not hold to any one side but use the army to protect the city as a whole. And so they were the silent house and Lloth’s toy to play with.

There would be no normal rise to glory as with other houses no daughter stabbing her way to the top. Instead it was all set and could never change. Lloth picked the next matron the Chosen one. Rarely was it the first daughter and this time it had been the tenth. Right after her test Ortelassa was picked and become the favorite the princess of the house and next matron. So she was trained for the role and she could not fail in anything. She was beaten and had to watch others die for her failings.

The drowess hated the choice she could not stand the thought of it but there was no going against the will of Lloth. So she rebelled in her own way by throwing wild parties and causing problems with her words and deeds. Then she crossed the line and the matron of the second house wanted her blood. Not normally either, but publicly spilt so that Valn’Elghinn’s matron would know her place.

So she had come to the surface for safety by her mother’s orders. To return when all was forgotten but she never returned instead she made a life on the surface and her own house – Kallow. It was all she could give to Lomeldur it was a gift beyond measure to name her house after him. Even now all her children keep the name even her two sleeping sons in the other room – but none had the name if Valn’Elghinn and they never would.

Her fingers rubbed the gemstone as she remembered the slave who had brought her the warning just a few hours before at the cost of his life. Kuy'yana had been a slave all his life he was born to a family of slaves. He had helped raise her and would warn her if her sisters were looking for her. Several times he had helped her get away from her brothers. He used to tell her stories about the surface even though he had never been there. She had enjoyed hearing them even though now she knew they were untrue. She had ordered the servants to bury him along the cliffs he would of liked that.

So it had begun the assassins were first, there would be more soon but she did not have time to deal with this family squabble there were other matters to deal with here. Starkson needed to be safe and the Blood Goddesses children dealt with and others who wanted to destroy the peace both Wine and she had worked so hard on.

Star and her group could find the answers for her. Then she would see how to make her mother and Lloth leave her alone and go back to the underdark. She knew Lloth wanted Kyorli to replace her and what that would mean. She was glad Kyorli was safe and could not be touched even by Lloth. Deyen had talked simply about just going in and destroying the house and killing it’s matron. It was not that simple, never that simple with Lloth involved.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

A Lady Bard's Tale-

Post by Jazelle »

Never one for conventions, Lady Tamara Englewood met her future husband not at her debutante ball, or a party filled with beautiful people, and all the comings and goings of a matchmakers dream event. She met him in the tiny town of Cypress, which was quite a distance from any of the more civilized towns or cities of the area. What was a Lady doing in such a tiny place, you may ask. Well, as mentioned, Lady Tamara was not at all conventional, she was looking for little more then a good time and handsome face. She found the barkeep, Antoine Brenner, who supplied her with both the aforementioned desires, but also supplied her with one little, itsy bitsy extra. An unwanted pregnancy, and forced marriage. Nine months after their initial meeting, Antoine and Tamara Brenner welcomed their daughter into the world- Mara.

Now, even from birth, Mara was an exceptionally charasmatic person. Her giggles and coos, and silky blonde hair and blue eyes, wooed even the most hard of hearts. She was a small baby, barely five pounds at birth, and not even 18 inches long. But she grew quickly, and each day showed more and more of the beauty both her parents possessed.

Now, after the conception of his daughter, Antoine made a vow to live a more settled and calm life. He remained at his position in the local tavern, selling drinks and food, and renting rooms to passers-through. But he no longer took advantage of the... other amenities that his job could offer. Such as cold nights in a warm bed with inebriated women. From the day he proposed to Tamara, he was faithful and loving, attentive and even grew to adore Tamara, as though they had wed for love alone. After the death of the tavern owner, he inherited the property and kept it running on sound wit and good reputation. Tamara would often perform in the tavern, singing pretty or silly songs, and playing instruments, or acting out short skits. As she grew larger and more pregnant, though, this stopped, and she hid herself away, ashamed of the weight she did gain.

It was evident, even from the day she bore Mara, that Tamara had not changed a bit. After the birth of their daughter, it was mere weeks before Antoine found her in the arms of another man, a tavern patron with whiskey on his breath and no gold to pay for it. Her many indiscretions were well known among the townspeople, but were quietly whispered about, not often mentioned in a voice louder then a whisper for the sake of the beloved Antoine. Antoine himself never spoke to anyone outside of his wife about the affairs, and only spoke to her of them to beg that she stop.

As Mara grew older, and more beautiful, it took many years for her to see her mother for what she was. Until she was 14 years old, Mara only saw her mother as a beautiful and loving woman who cared for nothing more then her family. However, at the tender age of 14, it was Mara who stumbled upon Tamara in one of her forbidden embraces with another man. She never spoke to her mother in the same way again.

At the age of 10, Mara showed an uncanny ability for the musical and other fine arts. She began to perform alongside her mother in the tavern, and was soon her own solo act, performing in her mother's stead. She would also set up a small booth in the back corner and draw tattoos in the village children with washable ink, as a way to make some pocket money. After awhile, she was also decorating the other tavern patrons with not so washable ink, and even gave herself a few permanent tattoos, much to her doting father's chagrin.

At the age of 15, three years before her arrival in Blackstone Keep, Mara's career in the Cypress Tavern was suddenly halted when a wardrobe malfunction caused the tavern patrons to whoop and cheer, which led to her father throwing curses and issuing threats to many in the room. Her mother also displayed her anger and dispare at the malfunction, but this was obviously only her way to trying to instill her own dramatic flair into the situation, rather then to protect her young and beautiful daughter. After throwing out all the patrons for the night, Antoine forbid Mara to perform again, and it was thus that Mara swore she would leave Cypress and become a great and well-known performer in other towns. That very night, she left her beloved home, and she was naught to return. When she left, her parents were engaged in a rather loud and spiteful argument, about whose fault it was she was leaving at so young an age. Her father swore it was Tamara's indescretion and unfaithfulness, while Tamara blamed Antoine's doting and possessive behavior. In truth, it was the combination of both that drove Mara away, though she would rather die then say so aloud.

Will she ever see her loving father or her deceitful mother again? Only the Gods know.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Tea Party with the Mad Hatter

Post by Jazelle »

Gibbo wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
This was a strange sensation. Looking down at her hands, she stared wide eyed at her small, smooth palms and gentle nimble fingers. She blinked in confusion; the scar on her left hand was gone, though she still remembered how she earned it.

Such small hands, surely they are not mine.

She turned her hands over and over in disbelief. Finally she touched her face, the crow’s feet wrinkles were gone from the corners of her eyes, and her face was smooth and youthful again; her features felt childish to her. She touched her hair, which was pulled back by a single ribbon. She had not bound her hair for decades.

Natasha looked down at herself, and was sent into a wide-eyed state of shock. She wore a lavender violet dress, fitted for a young woman. Her bust size was next to gone. She was shorter. She was thirteen again.

After several moments of awe-stricken silence, she snapped her head up and took in her surroundings. Blackness. All around her was this hazy darkness, save the encircled spot where she stood. It was cold. Typically she would have embraced the coldness, but a chill ran the length of her spine and she shivered once.

From behind her, she could hear footsteps in the distance. She whirled around, the edges of her dress twirling with her. Instinctively she reached to her side for her scythe, but it was not there, and this girl stood on the edge of the abyss, facing the approaching footsteps.

“Hello? Who is there?â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Journey to the Shadowgate

Post by Jazelle »

Oblique Ombreal wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›

Beyond Nethryss, Beyond the Bloodcult Stronghold... Beyond the Demonic Realm, within the Dungeon of Doom itself, the sounds crunching bone and the occaisional kiai of a woman could be heard.

Within, a drowess in red robes of simple design were shattering the restless dead with naught but hands and feet.

Just as she is about to head further down, bones strewn all over the place, a man appears, he seemed rather plain for a human, certainly out of place in an evironment that could only be described as hellish... But Oblique could sense great Ki within him, far beyond any mortals that she had encountered up to this point.

"Hey there, " he said. "care to join up?"

Oblique examined him for a moment then says in a cold monotone:

"You are worthy of the challenges within this place. I can feel it."

"I sure hope so."

"I am Oblique."

"Hi, I'm Frankie."

Without further words, they proceeded down to the next level of this damned place...

Frankie demonstrated his power, destroying most creatures that opposed him with but one or two swordstrokes. His skill was remarkable.

After slaying some more undead creatures, Oblique stopped for a moment.

"So what brings you to the depths of Underworld surfacer?"

"A demon named Shalnath has taken someone special to me."

"Shalnath? I had thought he left this realm along with the ancients... He is a most worthy foe. I had faced him once but it ended in stalemate. I could do no significant harm to him and I had to withdraw and recuperate often."

Oblique studies him a bit more

"However, with your skill with a blade perhaps we may prevail though I cannot guarantee you will find what you seek down here. This is the home of the Shadowlords now."

The statement was cut short when a demon looking like Shalnath hurled blast of hellfire at the two adventurers. The spell was evaded however "Shalnath" dissappeared like some ghost immediately after.

After fighting Soul Stealers, Voracks and Dracoliches, the two finally arrive at the Doom Lich. Oblique knew that her skills were not enough for the Shadowlords but she felt that this man's skills might be up to the task.

"I may not be able to do much in the coming battle. But it shall be a glorious battle to fight regardless."

"Thanks for showing me the way."

After the Doomlich was dispatched by Frankie, they stepped up to the rift leading to the Shadowgate.

Oblique spoke the words that unlocked the way and they crossed over.

The fight was brutal. Oblique barely managed to survive and all she could do was to speak their names and avoid their wrath as best she could. Frankie on the other hand made much more progress. Shadowlords collapsed into a pile of smoke and shadows one by one leaving only 3 shards. The Shard of Hatred. The Shard of Falsehood. The Shard of Cowardice.

Frankie stepped up to the mirror and he heard a word spoken within his mind.

Oblique knew of the word and it's intended use from other adventurers she had traveled with. She led Frankie to a non descript door which led to the "Secret Place" the mirror spoke of. There the word was spoken and the way to Driller's Keep had opened as expected.

Oblique and Frankie stood within the empty structure reflecting on the night's deeds.

"I must resume my search for Shalnath. Farewell Oblique, and thank you."

"You did most of the work, I am simply satisfied I survived."

And with that final exchange, Frankie dissapears as though he was a dream or a ghost.

Oblique looks down at the shards she had picked up.

"Foxmore better pay well for these..."

((Disclaimer: Not all dialogue may be accurate as I did not log the conversation so certain artistic liberties were taken to make up for memory gaps.))
---------------

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
*bows*

well done.

*leaves, dropping three shards as he leaves*

never forget the first time.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Poem for Tamana

Post by Jazelle »

BigTony21420 wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
as i am sure some of you know my wife Tamana has been kidnaped by William Mant. I am unable to find where he has taken her. for some of you i'm sure this is welcome news for my past has not been a bright one and for Tamana much suffering was caused. i have fought off my inner deamons and returned to the land a new man. in thw weeks passing after my return Tamana and i were enjoying a new happieness together until this tragity of her recent abduction.

if anyone have information they wish to share of her whereabouts i would be ever so greatful, however since i expect few to be willing to help one such as I, I simply ask one thing, William if you are reading this or anyone who can pass this message on to William, please let Tamana go Free, if you will not then pass her this poem and tell her i love her

"The Moon, she hangs like a cruel portrait
soft winds whisper the bidding of trees
as this tragedy starts with a shattered glass heart
and the Midnightmare trampling of dreams
But no, no tears please
Fear and pain may accompany Death
But it is desire that shepherds it's certainty
as We shall see"

Thank You,
Virgil Lestat

------------
Please do not harm her William. Let her go free, you cannot keep her prisoner. She is not a toy you can do with as you please, let her free and she may choose where she desires to be.

*attached to the letter is another poem*

She was divinity's creature
That kissed in cold mirrors
A Queen of Snow
Far beyond compare
Lips attuned to symmetry
Sought Her everywhere
Dark liqoured eyes
An Arabian nightmare

She shone on watercolours
Of my pondlife as pearl
Until those who couldn't have Her
Cut Her free of this World

Dawn discovered Her there
Beneath the Cedar's stare
Silk dress torn, Her raven hair
Flown to gown Her beauty bared
Was starred with frost, I knew Her lost
I wept 'til tears crept back to prayer

She'd sworn Me vows in fragrant blood
Never to part
Lest jealous Heaven stole our hearts
Then this I screamed
Come back to Me
I was born in love with thee
So why should fate stand inbetween?

Tamana I love you,
Virgil

-------------

*a third letter and poem floats arround the keep*

I still worry for you Tamana, i do not know if these letters are making it to you or not. i worry for the child as well. you had just told me you were with child before william took you. William i beg of you to let her free her health and the child's were failing when you abducted her, if she is held captive for much longer the child may die.

if these messages are making it to you Tamana, be strong, as soon as i find where you have been taken i will be coming to save you. i just hope it is not too late, i am confident William will not hurt you, it is for the child's life i fear the most.

I still recall, the first fullmoon of May
'Neath whose rays we lay together
And those bright nights on glassy waves
When we would glide lightly away
From the grain
For wicked flights of pleasure

And midst the writhe of parapets
Where angels sigh, lonely she sits
Upon the lip
Only a slip from whence I beg Her

Love would have conquered all
But for the Rapture
That ancient plan for my defeat
Denied Faith skies that would have set Her free
It seems again dreams wend to capture

Once dancing in a spotlit waltz
Through shadowed dimension
Given to the rivers that bedizened Her eyes
The world drifted by in lost momentum
With no divine intervention

it seems my love that every time we come together fate interviens and drives us apart. i will not let us be seperated again.

~Virgil
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

A Knight, The Night, and a Fight

Post by Jazelle »

Aco-Se wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Balion walked the streets of the Keep. Lately, he had been in a foul mood. He did not look around for directions, instead he followed a noble some paces ahead of him.

It was raining, poring down, actually, but he found that the rain calmed him. The wind howled, making his cloak dance behind him. The man turned into the alley behind Gruther's shop, his home must be in there. He kept walking straight, he did not want to worry the man.

Suddenly a dark shape lept from the top of a building, his outstretched leg out....Balion could only watch as the shape's armored boot slammed in to the man's neck, instantly killing him. Balion saw the robe, darker than night and ornemented with blood red, and charged him, his sword drawn and shield out. This was Ander, the man he wanted dead.

His sword slashed in an arc, but Ander had seemed to slip away. He took another try, this time the sword ripped into the fabric of the robe.

Ander's eyes glew red in the night, he growled and grapped the blade of Balion's sword with his metal gauntlet. He leaned in close and said in a low tone, "Now you die..." Balion didn't let him finish, he knocked Ander back with his shield. Ander stumbled back, and then leapt into the air, slamming into Balion. His hand went back for the punch, Balion could hear the energy in the glove.... He swallowed hard. He had been a fool to rush into this.

Then he heard men yelling. Ander looked up and sneered. "Stay out of my buisness, Kinight, and you may be lucky enough to live." He leapt up and ran off. He was much too fast, Balion didn't bother trying to catch up.

The guards approached him. "What happened here?" One said, his voice rough and demanding.

Balion was too tired for a lengthy story. He pointed to the corpse, "There was a murder here." Then he walked away. The guards didn't try to stop him; it was the only luck he had tonight.
------------
Revages wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
As Ander walked away from the site of the fight he cursed under his breath. Not only had that bloody Knight ripped his robe but he had made a gash in his ribcage. It was not too deep however, there was only the pain. And pain makes discipline.

His eyes searched around to see if anyone was following him, then he dissapeared into the alley behind Rodran's office. He did not like the guards, but from their reputation, they would not interfere with anything.

He approached the door slowly. To his right there was a pile of skulls on the ground, not alot of people noticed that. But it had caught his attention, and after trying to unlock it the door had swung open, as if beckoning inside.

The place was dark, eerie. One person who had followed him had remarked it reminding him of a slaughter house, right before he had been slaughtered himself. To his right were two benches and a weapon rack, to the left the was a bookshelf, a chair, and a desk. And farther left was a staircase, he did not know where it led. He sat down in the chair.

He never underestimated an opponent. That Knight would have to go, he was dragging too many people into this. He would foil everything if he had his way.

His training was almost complete. His plan that had been in his mind for months was starting become reality. The blood flowed from his wound onto his skin. He watched it drip onto his robe. His time was near.

-----------

Revages wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
// Sorry, I was a little late on that last post. This is a bit more recent.//

Ander's eyes had taken on a new color now. He had told the priestess he would serve Lia, but he doubt he ever would. Nobody guided Ander but Ander. No god would ever be his master.

He had disposed of his old robes and had taken on a new look. As Damian left Ander thought to himself, 'The fool is going about it all wrong. You do not make threats that you cannot back up. You do not reveal yourself until the right time....' And his time was not now. Didn't he know that the Kazrites had just been defeated?

Now he was watching Wynter making a fool of herself as well. Sure, that pillar was there to show Kazra's "power". Ander smirked. True power cannot be contained. If Kazra had anypower he would destroy the Vorites. If Kazra had any power he wouldn't have fools like this Wynter serving him.

He had served Kazra once. And it had cost him more than he had gained. He had promised power, and once Ander had made his part of the deal, Kazra had not fulfilled his. He had been quick to abondon the undead city he had helped create. He had been quick to abondon this sorry excuse for a master.

He watched as the drow shot a strand of hot web at Wynter's rear. He smiled to himself as everybody around had laughed. He could feel the hate in everyone go to Wynter. He could feel the desire in everyone to kill her. She was a fool, Kazra would abondon her like he did at the Great Chasm, and then what?

The next day he heard the rumors, Raven had given up to Kazra. Ander smiled wickedly. Now he would watch the Hunters crumble, he would watch them die like a headless chicken. He had never liked the Hunters, they were arrogant. They considered themselves the law, but they did a pathetic job of enforcing it, only when they felt like it did they do something. And now thier arrogance had cost them. What were they without a leader?

He had found the elf in front of the town hall. His eyes glowed blue, a sure sign of the one he was looking for. Maybe now he would be able to repent, maybe now he would be able to pay Kazra back for what he did to his servant.

"Father Unen?" The man looked up. There was a conversation, and then it was certain. He would be part of the Shining Order, his plan was going well.

----------

Berforam wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
Lin-Wu Shadowmancer ...

- Inside Head Sensei´s office into the Monastery -

Unen E´lie
I had a conversation with one Monk named Ander
Lin-Wu
*Suddently he quickly moves his head in Unen´s direction and say*
Ander ! ... Long time i don´t see him. But Unen Are you sure ? last time i saw him, his eyes was red as blood, he served Kazra or a dark faction of Xo for sure.
Unen E´lie
Now i see he is diferent... He seems to be no evil anymore and i sence he is also wise and can surelly be a Sensei into our order in a distant future
Lin-Wu
*thinks for a moment*
Humm this will be interesting , let him be one of us, as soon as the monastery is open he will become a brother, But i´ve beeing spying ang hunting kzrites for years, and i can tell you that they are sneaky, we can´t trust them , they would do anything to destroy Vor, and Shining Order is the new weapom of Vor for blackstone. but if you sence that he will be one of us and i´ll keep my eyes on him until i sure about his loyalty. Once a kazrite is very easy to be converted back to kazra, i can tell you that.
*Lin-Wu turns and slowy moves and walks to vor´s altar, as he walks his image vanishes*.