The Four Pillars of Kazra

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

The Four Pillars of Kazra

Post by Caesius »

//Given the small amount of documentation, I felt compelled to transcribe a conversation between a curious adventurer and Jaelia, Priestess of Kazra. Subject to approval from Driller and the DMs, I welcome any sticky applied to this thread so that all newcomers know what to expect when walking the dark path of Kazra.//

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My greetings to you traveler. Do you wish to learn of Kazra?

Well met.

What brings you to me?

I seek power and I'm told that you can deliver.

Indeed, quite a request. What makes you believe that I have this thing that you seek?

Let's not quibble about the details. I think you know what I seek.

Perhaps I do and perhaps I don't. Only Kazra can decide.

How do I gain Kazra's favor?

You must practice the four tenets of Kazra. Three of them open the door. The fourth is the strongest of them. Through the fourth pillar you can gain the prize that you seek.

Three pillars... a fourth? What are you talking about?

From the dawn of all creation there has been a battle. Some would say between good and evil. That is nonsense. It is between the power of the selfish gods and their creations. The morality of Vor preaches peace and good will and the thousands of ways that you must weaken yourself to oblige the weakness of your neighbor. This is utter rubbish. This only serves to keep men weak and powerless against their "benevolent" lord.

You mean to say that Vor spreads the seeds of weakness in men?

Yes, you are beginning to understand. The only way for mankind to reach greater achievement is through conflict. It is only through the weeding of this weakness that you can truly become masters of your own fate.

"You can become masters of your fate"? You speak as if you are not a part of this conflict.

You are wise for one of your kind. For this I will reveal the fourth pillar to you and set you on the road to your true fate.

What is this fourth pillar? For that matter, what are the first three?

There are four pillars of power that are forbidden by the inept Vor. These are the ways to gain power in the midst of his pathetic light. The first pillar is subtle and must be performed subtly. It is like the water that erodes the shores of your enemies.

Lies.

Yes. In the same manner that the almighty Vor lies to your kind to keep them weak. Take this example and use it against your own enemies.

I understand what you're saying. Truth is only for those who are strong enough to seize it.

Yes. This is the weakness that you must weed out of your kind.

...and the second pillar?

The second pillar is manipulation through modification of the rules.

You mean cheating?

Appropriate, but I never really liked the word.

So the second pillar is cheating?

Yes. These rules and moralities were put in place by your almighty Vor to keep you weak in breaking them you weaken them in the world. Once they are gone your kind may free themselves to the truth.

Why should I respect a weak enemy and tie my hands by playing by their rules. The idea is to win, not to appease some sense of morality. Yes, this could make sense.

You are learning quickly.

And the third pillar?

Stealing or better named: usurping. Only those strong enough to hold a thing are worthy of it. it is your duty to your kind to usurp those things that you can to marshal their benefit toward the end goal.

The end goal?

Success of your kind and the overthrow of the masters that you now serve.

Yes, I see... and the fourth pillar?

The fourth pillar. The most exact and final demonstration of your power over the weak nature of your kind. The removal of those who obstruct your path.

You mean murder.

No, this is not murder. Murder implies that it is an unjust act. They are your enemies. These are the ones who keep you enslaved in a world that is far beneath your potential. To kill them is the same as killing the orc who seeks your destruction. They are the same. They are the enemy.

So then how do I know who is my enemy?

Who stands in the way of your need to weed out the weakness in your kind?

That could be anyone. Anyone who does not please me at the moment.

Anyone who stands in the way of your goals.

Yes, those that stand in my way would have to be swept away.

Then you command who is your own enemy.

Yes. I am the one. I am chosen to lead my kind into a new age of freedom from the shackles of our old lords. I will make us be like the gods and we will rule as they do. Yes it is all clear now.
The only constant is change.