Old History of Blackstone

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Old History of Blackstone

Post by Jazelle »

Since I have a copy of the old history of Blackstone and other groups and there is a asking for past history so that it won't be forgotten or rewritten I will post more of it here. Sorry there are no dates but I do remember the first post was from around November of 2004. Enjoy. -Jaz
---------------------------
"VlosBD696"

Rumor has it that Nellie the baker's daughter has run away with some rogue fighter. Her father is offering a reward for her return.
-------------------------
Rumor has it that a great amount drow have been showing up at the Keep. There is talk that there has been a great war in the underdark and some drow are either seeking surface allies or fleeing the destruction and using this time to venture to the surface and escape the harsh rule of Lloth's priestesses.
------------------------
Several days ago Lome, Platina, Valluis and Ortel were seen leaving the Keep for Starkson island. It was over heard that they were going to work on ridding Ortel of Xanth's blood and that Lome has found a way to replace it. Since that time Ortel has been seen little around the Keep and when she has been seen the drowess looks very tired and has a cloak tightly wrapped around her as if she is very cold. Most of the time she is snuggled up against Lome and seems to be very ill. Her color is off and has a very grey look to it and her eyes are dull red and not their normal bright red glow.
-----------------------
Rumor has that Eala the young daughter of Alan can fix anything even broken hearts. She is often seen with Shyl and oddly Ortel's brother Kar'Fain.
----------------------
Valluis can be seen sitting on one of the benches around the great oak. He seems fixed there except for the times when a certain female bard draws him away.
---------------------
There is a new bard at the Keep someone named Tallow Silverweave . A two thousand year old elf from the south lands. He can be found singing songs and telling tales under the great oak. Toss him a few coins and he will sing a song for you. He has also been seen at the Tavern with a few ladies he has invited for dinner.
--------------------
Jur'Qun and Kar'Fain rumored to be Lady Ortelassa's brothers have been seen in the Keep and after they comfronted the Wizard Lomeldur they have been behaving themselves. Though they both looked like they had lost some blood over the deal - her brothers not Lomeldur.
-------------------
Lady Wine has been see out and about looking worn but healthy. Apparently there was an aldercation between her and her daughter Nalia over some child. Little is known about it but it was said angery words were exchanged between them and a sword was drawn.
--------------------
Rumor has it that young Owen son of Banre the blacksmith has entered the service of Blackstone Watch we wish him well in service to the Keep.

--------

"Myel Damy II"

Now how did you forget the one about some idiot posting a cheap 500 gp reward on my head. I do not fear them I have both guild and hired allies that will see to these threats against me. Not to mention of course me myself..............ahemm hm hm hm

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

The faithful of Xanthurous are rumored to have noted his presence, yet none have seen him.

Several reports, of those Xanthurous was known to associate with finding a silvery-white feather, creates curiousity.

Reports of a large white skinned humaniod in the wilderness, leave the locals whispering of a hairless Yeti.

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

A large mass of patchwork flesh calling itsself, Remanes, has appeared and seems overly curious. It seems to be in servitude to a winged male whom seems to have a slightly unstable humor and a tendency to overreact as though unsure of his limits.

--------
"Arch Magika

Rumors are heard, that Lady Nalia Kendears has grown more Drow-like. Last she was seen, she peirced the Lady Wine Kendars in the middle of the Keep with her sword. After that, she disappeared, and is nowhere to be found.

--------
"VlosDB696"

Captain Zim mutters as he drinks another mug of ale at the tavern... "I tell you there was Mountains falling from the sky and one nearly got my ship. They were all over the island and there was that drowess of Wizard Lomeldur and some white winged creature up by the Lighthouse arguing back and forth. Every time it seem the wing thing lost a point there would be another mountain heading to the castle.

"Damnest thing you ever saw, there was things around then the golems spreaded out fighting and trying to put out the fires that were everywhere. The Castle was burning I tell you. And there they were arguing the whole time. " He shakes his head and takes another drink.

"Later it was made all right again but they were gone and I saw smoke coming from Skara. I can only guess what happen there. Lord Driller does not pay me enough to have a damn mountain fall on my ship I tell you. I would leave here but I can't. " Mutters as he drinks another mug then pays the bartender and leaves.

--------
"Luna778803"

Rumors are heard that Naobi Celestias is not herself lately, she can be seen wondering around with unusually bright red eyes, her composure gone and has snapped a few times at the locals..

--------
"VlosDB696"

By the power of the mages they are able to scy through time and see what happen around Starkson castle a few days ago.

http://swords.20megsfree.com/BSK/TiffatStarkson.htm

And they are shocked indeed.

--------
"Gibbo"

Is... is that the Mage Towers? If there were any Order members injured in the tower during those brutish attacks, there's going to be more than mountains and fire to worry about.

--------
"Oblique Ombreal"

Some members of the Blood Cult in the Underworld have been found completely drained of blood with twin puncture marks on the neck...

--------
"Vortex79"

There are rumors of a group coming to be known as the Red Tide that is centered around those of red dragon heritage and/or of pure red dragon blood. Not much is yet known, but in the whispers it talks of a council or party structure with a lack of belief in personal property and an a strong belief in distributed wealth. Members of the group are reported to be wearing a small shoulder patch red star on their shoulder for an insignia with a red dragon's claw clutching a world in the center.
The world is a strange place.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"VlosDB696"

Streea sturs and listens as she heard talk of a gathering of dragons. "Ah now that is what I have been waiting for. Dragons shall once again rule all." She streaches and starts to move around. "I most find Wright."

--------
"VlosDB696"

There is heard several mages running for cover or finding reasons to leave the Keep for a few days....

--------
"Myel Damy II"

Rumor has it Myel has changed guilds....but why?

Something happened to him and he no longer wears the black robes....still intent on chaos however he dresses in robes of light grey (silver).

--------
"VlosDB696"

It is rumored that Lady Ortelassa's elder brother Kar'Fain has some connections with the happenings a few days ago in the Keep. The lady Shyl had words with him and upon seeing his face fainted dead away. It took a great deal of effort to revive her and in the end it seemed that Kar'Fain's orders to her worked.

Several paladins and knights upon hearing that she was a bonded slave to him were ready to kill the drow but Lady Ortelassa stopped them and pulled Kar'Fain over to the docks to talk. They were unaware the Paladin Vallius followed them and was able to over hear their conversation. Apparently Lady Ortelassa was very upset at her brother and was seen yelling and kicking him after several others showed up.

After some heated words all except for Lady Ortelassa left to where is unknown but her brother Kar'Fain was with them and being watched. The Lady Shyl seems to be better but there are still questions.

--------
"DM_Griphon"

A few commoners near Bordermarch have reported a large snowy orc in the northern forests. One traveler claims that the orc stopped him on the pathway to Skara Brae and demanded where the Lord of Dread could be found.

Rumors in the Drow city imply that political power is beginning to shift. Perhaps Lloth's favor is changing to another household? Others blame the increase number of Illithid in the Underworld.

Reports of a wicked child lurking in the Underworld are surfacing in the Keep. The child is said to place a curse on anyone who attempts to help him.

Foxmore reports that tomorrow peasants should bring in their livestock into the barns due to the possibility of heavy rain.

--------
"Star Child"

Myel found Star Child while she was in hiding in the Dark Forest. He stripped her of all her worldly possessions and everything she knew (//how else am I gonna explain all of my inventory disappearing in two bags of holding).

Myel then began to teach Star Child the Dark previously known as Star Child Thelandira the art of the Arcane. Through her bard learnings she is now studying to be an arcane archer for Myel's guild W.A.R.. Under Myels tutorlidge her bard skills will reach epic proportions and she will lead any new archers in the W.A.R. guild to do the bidding Thork Gordak.

Only a few members of Black Stone may be able to return her to her previous state. Platina Aurinelle seemed to be able for a matter of minutes reach Star's true innerself but it will take more friends and loved ones to restore her memory of who she once was (the ranger druid of Starkson) and restore her possesions....

Star Child The Dark Archer of Chaos

--------
"VlosDB696"

Once again Master Kallow has been seen very happy with himself, humming an odd tune while tramping throught the swamp looking for of all things strawberries.

--------
"Vlos696"

From the area of the Oasis can be heard the sound of a woman in anguish and grief. Her pain of lost fills the air sending chills of death going down the spines of any who hear. Faintly behind her crying can be heard a dragon roaring in anger and longing it is as if the two voices are really one. The sound never wavers as it is carried upon the air but it's location cannot be found as it echoes off the walls of they canyons around the Oasis. After a while words can be deciphered but they bring no comfort to those hearing them.

“Oh, Wright who killed thee…. They shall die so say I.â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Vortex79"

Rumor has it the fallen dragon Furyion has re-obtained his old form with the aid of a group of friends in a ritual aided by magics that brought forth an unnatural eclipse to the Oasin desert. 3 holy symbols from each of the gods that has one was consumed and a mage, representing the power of Eon, A druid representing the divine forces of Lia, and a Rogue with a thirst for blood representing death and a life-bond with the drake all gave of their abstract ties to these forces to perfect the rite, unbonding him from a millenium old grievance. The question now is whether the god initially responsible for his death was watching... or so the bards say.

After the fall, it is said Furyion re-established contact with an 0ff-world allegiance of dragons known as the Red Tide that preside over a foreign nation with which he had affiliation in the past.. claiming to be restored. He now presides as the party Chairman for the Red Tide in Black Stone and it is well known he is now actively recruiting to constitute its body upon this world offering up to a 100,000 gold starting commission for enlisting privates as well as bonuses upon promotion.

Word is circling he is also looking for a large, uninhabited tract of land to terraform to his liking and to make a masterpiece in honor of his "Fatherland". He is also somber over the long departure of his beloved Shyl and anxiously awaiting her return.

--------
"Purple"

Arieela the Bard made a song to Tiraamao the cortesan:

" the great beauty of Tira, cannot even be measured bu the great city of Mira. The godess rules all beauty, and lays low all the filthy.

The Goddess Tira of all beauty, pays attention to all she loves, Many seek the beauty of Tira, for she can bestow her blessing upon thee. "

--------
"Aeshen"

Rumour has it that the Arch Wizard Aeshen has been defeated by Lloth, tearing his le'Shay essenses from him. And that Aneska O'N'Haal penetrated Starkson and fought the Lady Winesa in combat, but that she wasn't in controll of herself is also of note as well.

--------
"Arch Magika"

It is rumored, that the Starkson was on the edge the other day, when Nalia Derathisia managed to escape from their prison. It is known that Nalia has become devilish in her mind after her father had a failed attempt to possess her.

--------
"VlosBD696"

It was noted that earlier Ortelassa had a baby daughter about a month ago. More news came to light that she delivered in Skara along the stream next to the bridge and many were present. Naobi, Natasha, a small hin named Odin, a very pale and sickly looking Vallius (who at one point thought he would have to be the one to deliver the child), Platina (who saved poor Vallius and was the midwife in his stead), the father Lomeldur Kallow (who also looked a tad bit green around the gills but was very happy) and several other odd people including a rather annoying fighter called Death Hand who for some reason guarded the bridge. Naobi later killed him to shut him up and took one of his hands and waved it around.

The daughter named Lirima has light slate gray skin, blonde hair like her father and red eyes like her mother. The child is doing well and was greeted warmly by her brother and sister.
-----------------------
At the Mayor’s office there was a claim made of ownership by Ithadour the druid in challenge to Celantar over a contract brought about between Xanthurous and Naobi. After much debate and evidence (bribes too) presented, just as the Mayor was going to render a verdict Celantar announced that he was withdrawing his claim and that Naobi was free of all debits and obligations. This shocked many and confused the poor mayor who was muttering something to himself about damn bad timing and lost of funds for a new manor. Lomeldur Kallow looked rather relieved as he followed Ortelassa out of the Mayor’s Office and was seen putting a rather large coin bag back on his belt. It was also announced that Naobi and Vallius would be getting married.
-----------------------
Rumor has it that a certain feather winged Sigil born god has been added to a well known Drowess's household and as such falls under the protection oddly enough of Starkson. Lady Winesa has given a grace period for said god to make amends and prove himself.
-----------------------
It was over heard by some at the Oasis that a Myel Hanna stated that he would skin Lady Ortelassa’s children alive if she kept resisted his advances, she apparently told him where he could put his advances. There was a mage fight that included the Court Mage Lomeldur Kallow who was seen picking up the body of Myel and taking him to the town portal. Much later some adventure’s found body parts in the Underdark that looked oddly like a drow-sun elf cross. Myel was known to be half drow and sun elf and has not been seen since. Lome was later seen at the Oasis washing off something that had a reddish tint to it and whistling.
-----------------------
Rumor has it that farmer Karlen’s nanny goat had a kid with two tails and that there has been snow falling in Skara and along the Blackstone road an area not noted for snow.

--------
"Star Child"

My newly revealed possible father must be excused for his actions in the Oasis. The man I once feared is now the man I desire to know. I still have not gotten to have the conversation I wish to have with him. It was heard that after a little conflict in the Oasis the Sun Elf Lome brutally, violently, and horiffically tore Myels face to shreds in the underdark with some sort of sharp blade. The matron mothers of the underdark have taken his body and are now reviving him only to torture him to death again and again. I seek the help of Oblique Ombreal to guide me through the underdark that I might find him....I must find him if I am to know anything of my past. I will also seek the help of my dear friend and sometimes saviour Platina Aurinelle. She is the only cleric I know powerful enough that may be able to break Myel's sickness. For it is quite clear that he is mad.........

News of another cleric named Sheria M. (//Draeth) has come to the Keep. She is the only cleric I have ever met whose power has the potential to meet that of Platinas. Sheria I feel has a dangerous something deep in her soul but for now she makes a formidable ally......for now.

A man who calls himself a silver dragon disciple named Lynus Silvar has come to the Keep to investigate Sheria's presence here. He also has some unquenchable desire to eradicate all evil....everywhere. Not good for balance though quite admirable.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Platina with Ortelassa in fast persuit was seen running to the Oasis where Vallius Angelus and Naobi were in front of the Kazra temple. It appeared that Vallius was stricken down by a failing of his heart possibly due to the stress and strain he had gone through.

Platina was able to heal him and he was taken to the temple there Gelanna was able to help with his healing and had him taken to one of the alcoves. Platina left and Ortelassa stayed to watch over both Vallius and Naobi. Apparently something happened and Ortelassa and Naobi had a few short words Ortelassa left using her rune stone. Vallius was over heard telling Ortelassa not to leave.

Hours later Ortelassa reappeared at the temple in sleeping robes and seem to be lost and in a trance. Lomeldur was with her as she went to the alcove and seem to repeat her words with Naobi then again use the rune stone and vanish, the wizard followed her.

Platina was called to Starkson about Ortelassa's condition she was later seen upset and very hagared as if she herself had gone through a shock. Since then all inquiries to Ortelassa's health have been turned away by the wizard Lomeldur. Whom has not left Starkson since and it is said that all means for Ortelassa to leave her room has been taken from her for her own good.

Platina it is said is looking for Naobi to find out what happened.

--------
"Star Child"

Star pulled Lady Ortel to the side to talk about her and Lomes recent actions to her alleged father. Ortel seemed unwilling to let Myel alone due to his irrational behavior lately. Star with some resistance and accepted this fact. She has no hard feelings but only hurt feelings. Myel may be the only contact she has to her past if it proves true that he is her father.

Star Child and Oblique went to the underdark the other day in search of the body of Myel. After killing several drow Star broke into the house of the number one house in the underdark and fought the Matron mother head to head (//dont ask). Before killing her she admitted that she was the one responsible for having Myels body delivered to the Umgah for even further torture. Star sent Oblique to retrieve Myels body while she finished exacting revenge upon the drow for what they did to her suppossed father.

After seeing Myels condition his companion and mercenary Oblique Ombreal sought the healer Platina Aurinelle. It took some time for the legendary cleric of the Keep but she managed to heal Myels sever wounds. His ears were cut off and in his hand. He had sever lacerations on every part of his face (//Lomes damn knife). Not to mention the fact that the Umgah managed to incase half of his body in stone while torturing the other half.

This was life changing for both Myel and Star Child. Myel didn't think anyone would have compassion on him for the weeks of torture he spent in the underdark. When Platina saved him it seemed to touch his heart in a special way....somehow it got through. He made a heartfelt apology to Platina for his recent actions. He will forever hate Lome for what he did but in some ways wants to balance out his relationship with Ortel. Platina however is now considered a friend. Myel and Platina will be the glue that holds the truce between Starkson and WAR.

Star was filled with rage. Oblique noted Star's revenge stricken face and demeanor in the underdark.....Maybe it did not take Myel to bring this side out of her at all. If they truly share the same blood she might intrinsically follow the path of chaos.....on .....her own. An event like that can trigger this in her perhaps.........................

--------
"Caesius"

A few days after Ortelassa's episode with Naobi and Vallius, she was seen running from the portal in the keep wearing naught but swimwear... Stranger still, the High Priestess of Lem was seen pursuing her... also wearing naught but swimwear...
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Vallius_Angelus"

Vallius Angelus can be seen hobbeling about the keep with the aid of a staff after his recent heart failure. Certain Priestess's say he should be back to normal soon enough...So long as he can stay away from the temptations of alcohol.

--------
"Luna778803"

Rumors have been heard of Naobi's sudden absence from the keep. Some say she locked herself in the starkson. But those who own rooms in the starkson state that when they walk passed her suite they are met with silence, except for the occasional sound of breaking glass.
She was last seen walking away from the temple with a look of pain and sadness plastered on her face. Many said hello to her but they were all met with a blank stare as she broke off into a sudden run heading towards the docks. Nothing can be told about her normally controlled composure lost but some suspect it has to do with her fiancee Vallius.

--------
"Star Child"

Myel has not left the WAR guild house since his incident with Lome. He sits there and reads volumes and volumes of books on Chaos Theory and Eon. He rarely goes out to hone his skills and when he does he does so alone. He speaks only when spoken too. When I askes about the Starksons and Platina he surprisingly spoke highly of them both. When I asked about Lome and Ortel he simply scowled with a deep purple glow that came from his eyes. Every time I ask him questions on my past he simply waves his hands and disappears......

When Thork and the others are gone Myel rules in their stead. Anyone wishing to enter the WAR guild may talk to me The Star Child of Chaos and I will reach Myel. Recruits are welcome but inspected thoroughly. We have no tolerance for the undedicated........

--------
"L'Anjil"

overheard in the local tavern...

gnome with a huge nose: and then she set what looked like a scale from a
red dragon in the corner of the clearing...

elf ranger smoking a pipeweed pipe: bah, I haven't heard the likes.. it's
just a myth.. can't believe nothing those
gypsies say.. no scale from a red dragon's tail
gonna let ya see where you can't see

gnome with a huge nose: maybe so, but then the white mage, and he
was white alright cuz i saw.. took
his clothes off in the middle of the keep and
showed his lily white skin he did and didn't
she start laughing saying something about
never thinking she needed a mage with white
skin instead of a mage with white magic...

elf ranger smoking a pipeweed pipe: now that's even less likely that they
could turn that scale into a scrying tool

gnome with a huge nose: maybe so, but they tried.. that mage sent
mage fire flying through the air to the scale
and she ran towards it ..

elf ranger smoking a pipeweed pipe: you can't say they actually believed
they could do it

gnome with a huge nose: yes Celyndil, i heard her say she was gonna use
it to scry a drow sorceress

elf ranger smoking a pipeweed pipe: well did they do it?

gnome with a huge nose: not yet, but they were sure excited! It seems
that they were really close and only need
another scale and for the mage to be a bit more
powerful and it's done.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Ortelassa walks into the Mayor's office.

"Hey you guard get the Mayor and make it quick!" She tells a guard who seeing the drow sorceress thinks quickly that he should get the Mayor and runs off.

She taps her foot and looks around the room. The Mayor enters looking a bit flustered he apparently was eating lunch. He looks at the Drowess and frowns.

"Well what is it woman? I'm a busy man you know." He say gruffly still wiping his mouth with a cloth.

"I wish to file charges against Sando for murder of not one but two people. I would like there to be a trial as soon as possible." She replies.

"Oh? Murder you say. Well of course who has he murdered?" He asks in shock.

"Myself and my daughter Lirima." She replies matter of factly.

"What? Well your hear alive so what is this nonsense?"

"Sando in front of Ithadour attacked for no reason and killed me not once but twice while I was pregant with Lirima. By shear luck Ithadour revived me and was able to stay off another attack by the vampire Sando. I wish to file charges against him since I could of lost my daughter as well. He also tried to steal a item from me that I did not have and said that was the reason for his actions. I wish justice and under Lord Driller's laws of the Keep I wish him tried for murder." She states.

"Ah, well you are sure about this? Hum, and you have a witness you say." He thinks. "Vampire.... Hum. I don't agree with vampires.... fine very well I will have this fellow arrested and we will try him. Bring this Ithadour with you and we shall see. But you better be right I will not have a circus like last time here with this Naobi and that Celantar fellow. Fine go until he is captured I don't expect to see you again here." He replies.

Looking over at the guards he orders. "Here you tell the watch to arrest Sando on sight for Murder charges brought against him and be quick about it." Turns to Ortelassa. "There now if you don't mind I have business to attend to good day madam." Nods and turns to leave.

"Good day Mayor may justice pervail." She replies smiling then nods and leaves.

--------
Oblique Ombreal"

Oblique has been spotted relaxing in Oasis, soaking in the rays, with a look of contentment on her face. A rare sight for the usually stoic and hooded Drowess...

---

There have been sightings of of undead in the southern wastes... One of which was described as a Dracolich Disciple... And ultimatum was made to adventurers present that the Withered Heart of a Nobleman be presented to appease the Great Dragon of Death or else there would be more undead incursions in the future...

--------
"Caesius"

Platina has been seen around the Keep talking to various healers inviting them to a new Guild she calls the Platinum Rose. It is rumored that even some non-healers also wished to join this volunteer organisation. Of an interesting note, the Celestial's complexion has been much paler of late yet she seems to be of excellent health regardless and has been actually more active on the adventuring scene...

--------
"Gibbo"

One archmage of the Arcane Order has been seen less and less inside the Keep. Recently, commoners whisper that she's been changed, seems more secluded and distant when she once struck up riveting conversations with even the most humble of farmers. One traveller commented that he saw the archmage standing atop the mountain in the frozen north, barely clothed and chanting to the howling winds and swirling snows. T'was an odd sight for any to behold.

A shifter named Allannon has been seen sulking in the wilderness. He seems empty and alone, as though something was torn away from him. As many know, a shifter who has no inner self may go mad with all the forms at his disposal.

Many commoners have expressed a concern about the increased amount of closed door diplomancy. Whispers of political corruption in two of the realm's most successful guilds decaying the overall well-being of the realm float through the streets and slums, unheard by those locked away in places of power.

Next week it is predicted that another thunderstorm may hit somewhere south of the Blackstone Swamps. Farmers and foresters in that area are warned to move livestock and crops to the barns before damage from the storm hurts their production.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

In an effort to 'open the doors' on diplomacy, Lady Winesa openly discussed her issue taken with Sando and his attacks on her people with the Hunters. Sando's timely acceptance of membership with the Hunters, shortly after a death warrent was placed on him, led to some harsh words amoung those gathered. Over 10 or so gathered, and the talks degenerated into threats and innuendo from third parties who misstakenly thought their input was wise or wanted.

The failure of open discussion of sensitve matters did not doom the friendship of the two allies. Talks were resumed and agreeable terms met in private. Sando's death warrent is suspended and the Hunters and the Starkson will renew their alliance.

Oddly, the confrontation which occured led to better understanding and a strengthening of friendship.

Tamana, Sando's appearent mate, challenged Lady Winesa's right to call for Sando's life in the first place in a confrontation just outside the Hunters Lodge when the meeting was finished. In reply, Lady Winesa stated, "We have the authorty given us by others. No more, no less." Tamana voiced her ire, but was ushered away by Sir Auran on Lady Raven's command.

The word is that Lady Winesa has left the matter to Lady Raven's skillful management.

--------
"L'Anjil"

*a large nosed gnome skitters into the room filled with pipesmoke and with an exasperated wave of his hand, clears the pungent wisps from his view*

"Celyndil? Where are ya?"

*a voice from the recesses of the tavern beckons the gnome*
"You seem more excited than normal Fron, what has your attention?", the ranger takes another puff from his pipe.

"They did it!! The scrying scale has been made!"

*The inn echos with the scraping of chair legs on the wooden floor as several cloaked individuals hurry from the tavern.*

--------
"Caesius"

While Platina has been seen helping travelers in the waste and coordinate the efforts of other Healers of the Platinum Rose, she has also been busy tending to Starkson business while Wine and Nadia have been away of late.

Rumors Lomeldur confined to a cell in Starkson were followed by sightings of the wise Elf heading towards the underdark.

Now there are rumors of Ortelassa in one of those cells.

The Militia has not offered comment as of yet on the matter.

--------
"Vortex79"

Rumor has it that the Starkson have offended the wyrm Furyion when, while trying to aid a fallen common friend, Angelus, Lome would not even stop to talk to hear of a possible solution Fury had developed. Instead, Angelus was taken straight to StarksonKeep where no one could get in but the Starkson. Not only that, Furyion's fashion sense was openly crticized by Ortessla after everyone else says his hat looks good on him leaving him even more upset. Pity that, according to Furyion's statements, Starkson's principles are being conflicted outwardly with its behaviour of late.. They only wish to deal with select people instead of aiding the populace.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Ortelassa reads the post at Jorn's and laughs. "A dragon wearing a hat, silly to say the least and on top of that it's brown on a red dragon. That is the worse color combo I have ever seen. If it was black maybe but brown on red! Really." Ortelassa said, to Jorn as she looks over a fruit basket and another with strawberries.

"As for Vall he was ill and wanted to leave, that oaf was only causing him more pain being there. As it is the matter is personal to Vall and he wishes it to be kept as private as possible. It's not a Starkson matter it is one for Vall and his friends to help with. To wit he and Naobi not only are expecting a child they are to be married soon so he has enough to deal with right now than some pesky dragon." Shakes her head as she gives Jorn some coins.

"The members of Starkson do what they can for others but really don't they have a right to some privacy when matters are not for other's concern besides Vall like myself are not members we merely associate with them. I don't see why someone should have to leave open a family matter to some dragon because he feels nosey." Picks up the baskets. "Thank you Jorn I will see you again in a few days. Be sure to have the strawberries."

"Shall do Lady Kallow." He nods smiling.

"It's Ortelassa not Lady Kallow." Shakes her head. "Oh, bother." Nods as she leaves the shop.

Once outside she goes over to the docks on her way to Starkson. There is an old Paladin there to greet her. "Ah, Rolande you are here." She says trying to shake his hand and almost loosing the basket of strawberries. He catches them for her and takes her other basket too. "I know from what Lomeldur tells me that these mean much to you." He chuckles, "At times."

"Ah, well yes they do make me feel much better - at times. Well Lome will be happy to see you as will the children. I have told them you are coming and that they will be going with you for a while." Sighs. "If it could be for other reasons that would be well, then we all could go on a visit with you to the Order of Seven but that is not possible."

"We would love to have you there Ortelassa. It might do you some good to be away from all of this but as you say it's not possible right now. Maybe next time but for now I will visit with your family and find out all that has happened since my last visit here." Puts out his arm to her as they go to board the boat. "Shall we my dear?"

She smiles and takes his arm and boards. They chat on as the boat sails to the island.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

Rumor has it, that the Ghost of Arieela still haunts Vallius Angelus for reasons known to him and his close friends. Those who have troed to remove the Amulet from Vallius' neck have been struck by pain beyond imagination. Lomeldur Kallow tried to dispell it, but the anger of Arieela inflicted pain upon Vallius. So far the attempts has been futile.
----------------
It has been common knowledge that the Dracolich ventures the surroundings of Blackstone Keep. Hordes of his Legions have been attacking randomly. He seeks the Heart of the Withered Noblesman or he shall flood the Keep with his undead Legions.
----------------
The Dracolich himself attacks adventures at random. Many have suffered from his blade. He attacks from the shadows and disappears just as quickly.
----------------
Rumors is heard in the whispering corners of the Keep, that Kona, the Priestess of Kazra, seeks to restore the former glory of Kazras Army.
----------------
The Dracolich raised an army of the weak minds of humans, and attacked the Starkson Castle itself. The defenders of the castle was overrun, and had to flee into the castle. At their luck, the Dracolich could not penetrate the Wards the Castle is surrounded by, but only time shall tell, if he is able to force his way through

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child witnessed the Mahiem at the Starkson from afar. "A pity.....and I could not do anything to help." Then suddenly like a freshly lit torch an idea shined bright in her head. The dracolich used the Hunters against the Starkson. "What if we unite" she said to herself.

Star rushed to the WAR guild house as fast as possible and darn near kicked Myels door down in the midst of his unending studies on chaos theory. "We must talk.....WAR must go to war." She looks down to the floor at face of her alleged father. He obviously did not want to be interupted. A lavender glow came from the half drow's eyes. Star's eyes turned to the book Myel just so happened to be reading. Then she realized that he was not reading a book at all but actually writing one. It was entitled
The Chaos In The Keep

"If Choas is what you want then Chaos is what you shall have father". The calling him of father completely disarmed Myel's initial irritation with her. The mentioning of Chaos warmed his half drow heart.

"Has my daughter finally came to terms with her calling" he wondered.

"The Starkson now have a strong treaty with us despite Lomes previous offenses" she began. Myel spit at the mention of Lomes name. Star continued. "The one I have recognized as the dracolich has arose and spreads havok through out these lands....I know it is chaos which is a good thing yet....his Chaos has gone too far father"

"No such thing my girl for chaos has no limits"He said

"he killed the Starksons at their gates father and I could do nothing to stop him"

"Sooo did he get the sun elf (refering to Lome)?" Myel said with joy in his voice.

"Yes father...but he also got Platina Aurinelle". Immediately Myel's gaze shifted from one of bliss at the thought of Lomes death to one of anger. "he also called upon the Hunters to help him and they aided the lich in a murderous onslought upon our Starkson allies".

Myel shuttered at the news and grabbed his skull staff of power. He pulled his silver hood over his head and grabbed Star by the hand. A simple portal spell was whispered from a book he had taken off the corpse of a shadow devil. This love hate relationship between Platina and Myel has been pushed to its limits and Star knew it. Myel though he on the surface hated Platina for her law and order ways, he also loved her for all she done for his daughter while he was away from her. She knew he would not stand by and let WAR not get involved in this business with the Hunters.

"They are a dangerous foe the Hunters are" he said as the portal carried them from the waste to the Keep. "We shall see about their actions nevertheless........." He winked to Star.

Thus Myel has returned to the Keep
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"DM_Griphon"

The drow sorceress, Ortelassa, and a handful of her companions were seen entering Bordermarch. A few minutes past before a massive explosion shook the entire Frozen Forest. The band was seen exiting the town, however one odd sight was that the drowess was completely drenched in water, from head to toe.

An increased number of patrolling squads have been noted in the Underworld, and when crossing the Bridge of Doom adventurers should keep in mind that it is not only the wizard's Guardian they should watch out for.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

the stones of Starkson Castle have all taken on a blue glow. the same glow is slowly spreading as if to eventually engulf the entire island. is it possible the long awaited incantation to reform the grand structure is soon at hand?

--- ---

a large dragon has been spotted flying around the region calling out, "here lichy, lichy, lichy...." the voice sounds oddly familiar to some even through the deep bellow the dragon makes.

--- ---
word from the Starkson is that SIE willingly aided the dracolich in use of a mind control spell against the Hunters and in leading a joint assualt on Starkson Castle. rumor has it, Winesa failed to see any humor in such actions.

--- ---

a open attack against the Starkson.... most unwise to consider. some would say just plain foolish to attempt.

--- ---

the citizenry of the Starkson have seemed excited. word that Lady Winesa's illness is lifting and she will soon be up and about her normal self has them all over-joyed.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

When making his appearence at the Trolls Cave, the Dracolich made a mockery of the mortals. a few headed for the Keep and returned with assistance through Sir Auran Goodman, Platina Aurielle, Zortak and Silith Paine. The battle between them and the Lich was brutal and both Auran and Platina fell severel times. Lord Vallius Angelus made his appearence in the middle of the battle and joined the fight.

"If you slay me now, I shall live to fight yet another day" yelled the Lich out.

A few moments after, the lucky adventurers made the killing blow on the Lich. For now the Lich and his Legions have not been seen for some time, and some even question if he still lives.

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

Clyde the farmer has been spreading a rumor about a drow with red wings and a big man with angel wings and goat legs having some kind of kiss on the far side of the Skara Brea bridge.

"Afta a few minutes of close talk'n they both sat. Din later the drow stood ov' the man 'n stuck 'm wit a shiney spear. Lights 'n stuff shot up'n out'n 'm. D'n she got close 'n lights come from his eyes 'n got 'er. D'n, he wer gone 'n some glowing light wer der. Da drow juss sat 'n cried 'n cried 'n cried. I seens some strange goings ons, but dat der was right up der wit dat time dim dragons fell firm the sky and flattened da barn. Dis is n'ver a bor'n place. Yes sir bob. N'ver bor'n."

Other speak of what happen also, but Clyde offers no more other than to talk about when his prize melon took first prize.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

The Dracolich have once again showed himself. This time it was in the Hamlet to the surprise of Vallius Angelus and Naobi Celestias. He warned Vallius not to cross his path again. Natahsa, the Warlock of the Arcane Order, showed up behind him, motioned to Vallius and Naobi, that she was ready to fight.

The Dracolich warned Vallius not to cross his path again, but both Vallius and Naobi tempted him to kill them. As the Dracolich made his disappearence, Natasha tried to harm him, but was a second to late. The Dracolich showed up behind Natasha, killed her, and left her behind with Vallius and Naobi.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

The strangest event happend this very day. All of the sudden 14 people fell backwards and was dead. ( Those involed is: *Mara*, Bathzaal, Weylyn Bladedancer, Rhyn Dy'ness, Oirwyn, Fay'the, Star Child of Chaos II, Natasha, Vallius Angelus, Lomeldur Kallow, Jenny Talis, Lore Sylvanesti and Tinker BloodKin) Soon after it was made known, that the Dracolich was killed by Li Shadizar in the Arena, which resultet in the deaths of the others. Quite some time after, they all regained their life, as one raised them all from their graves.

--------
"DM_Demitri"

Rumors continue about a group of celestials assisting other adventurers in a proactive way. Healing some, and raising others completely without bias as to whom they help.

It's whispered that they may be calling themselves Celestial Guardians, or something of the sort. Though this hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

The most commonly seen celestials doing this have identified themselves by name as Shyla, Rhyn, Maric and another young celestial who doesn't seem to speak common but is believed to be named Yuiko. Also seen associating with them are other celestials identified as Rayin, Garai K., and Catana.
--

In other rumors, Inquisitor Rodran has been accused of lying, and cheating young adventurers by having them perform questionable acts and then not being forthcomming with his promises of payment.

Rodran denies such things as bogus jealous accusations of evil who wish his rightous work to be banished from the keep. He refuses further comment on the matter though.
--

Adventurers have reported a significant increase in Lycanthropic Nachtwolf beeing seen at night in the pasture. As of yet, there's no word of anyone investigating this claim.

When asked, the Mayor said only that such creatures have plagued the area for some time, but never in such numbers. The mayor inferred that if the source of this growth in numbers is found there may be a reward. He declined comment of what kind of reward there might be though.
--

In other local news, Marisa, baker Kilross's wife, has had twin boys. Both healthy as could be, as reported by midwife Andrina. Also, they celebrate their 11th aniversary this comming week. Congradulations Baker family!

--------
"Delor_Bloodthorne"

Rumor has it that a shadowy figure comes and goes within the Keep and has been spotted by the Dock Watch guards. He has been seen boarding Captain Zim's ship a number of time.

Zim was asked about this figure and said that he knew the young man. When asked about the destination, it was only said that he was paid to ferry him to Starkson Isle.

Some people claim to recognize the figure as familiar to them, but noone knows who it really is. Members of Starkson have been unavailable for comment about this person.

This same person has also been sighted in such places as Blackstone Road, The Troll Caves, although witnesses aren't sure he was there or not, and other dark places, such as the Crypts and Deep Woods. There have been reports of this figure appearing and disappearing in the sandstorms of the Wastes.

--------
"VlosBD696"

There are reports from the Servants at Starkson That the Wizard Lomeldur Kallow along with Natasha the Witch both who were bound to the Lich lost all memory of their magic and the time frame in which they learned it. For weeks now the people at Starkson have been trying to help them regain what they have lost.

Despite his memory lost Master Kallow has asked the Sorceress Ortelassa to marry him and she has after much talk accepted. There are now three couples at Starkson who shall be wed in the coming months. So despite the sorrows from this Lich's activities there is some rejoicing as well. It is also rumored that soon Naobi will give birth to a baby girl. Vallius the father and her soon to be husband hovers protectivly around her.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

An eerie silence have come upon the Keep. The Lich has not shown himself for a long time. People starts to wonder if those who have lost their souls, have lost them forever, or the Lich is pondering on his next move. One thing to be sure of, he still lives.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Luna778803"

Rumors have been heard of chaos in the starkson about a week and a half ago. A maid from the starkson clearly stated that she say the drowess ortelassa, platina the friendly healer, and vallius each run into Naobi's shared suite in an almost panicked pace. When the maid pressed her ear to the door she heard Naobis screams of pain and after about 2 hours a child cry. The following morning when naobi sauntered out of her suite with a current flat stomach and told the maid she had finally "popped". A beautiful baby girl names karina. She seemed over joyed and not her own evil self as she left the starkson.

--------
"VlosBD696"

The very tired and pregnant Ortelassa along with Winesa was seen talking to the Dragon Fury near the main gate. It was over heard some talk about raising a god and that the drowess had the key to this task.

Later the drowess was seen Skara talking to a wisp apparently in debate. The drowess did not look well and looked very frazzled. She left to show a traveler the way to Boardermarche and was later seen talking to the druid that has made the forest east of Skara his home.

She was later seen going back to Starkson castle in much approved health but still looking rather thin. She had in her hand a silvery feather that she held tightly to her.

--------
"DM_Griphon"

The gnomish thingy in the hamlet was reported to have gone hay-wire, turning typical farming equipment into homicidal killing machines. A man and a halfling were seen tinkering with the machine just moments before there was an explosion in the hamlet, and a pretty decent fire that caught onto two nearby homes. Thanks to the rainy weather //and a server reboot//, the fires were drenched and the machine broken... for now.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

Rumors spread fast... Now it came upon knowledge to some, that the Lich has claimed his 20th victim

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

A small band of people was seen headed ofr the village of Bordermarch. These people was the very pregnant Ortelassa d' Streea, Drugrin Mugnar, Panidien Eura and Lady Nadia Luelle. Strange as it was, Ortelassa was constantly under the effect of Shadowshield.

Ortelassa draw the summoning circle in the snow, just outside the Templ eof Lia. Thus entered Nadia the circle, and Ortelassa put the Phylecaty in the middle.

"Just tell me when I shall sing, and I shall sing with all my heart" Drugrin said nervously.

They readied themselves, and Ortelassa began to cast a spell. Right after she thrusted her staff into the Phylectary, thus breaking it. The ground began to shake, and suddenly the Lich appeared in the circle.

"WHAT?" he bursted out. "Gorsa... " he narrow his eyes and looked at Nadia, knowing he could not touch the servant of Thanatos.

"What?" Nadia smiled" I just want to give you a hug"

The Lich was caught inside the circle, and Nadia touched him with ease, thus releasing all the souls he collected throughout his time. Battle started, but no of their magics so much as even made a scratch on the Lich, which called for his reinforcements. Those were quickly disposed of by Ortelassas band. Desperate of means, Ortelassa cried out for Lias aid to destroy the Lich, and thus he vanished in lights. They cheered for their victory...

"I cannot hold him for long" Ortelassa heard in her mind. "Rally your troops, to defeat his mortal body. I shall keep him for long as possible"

Ortelassa knew it was not the end of the Lich, but for now, she could relax and finally focus on her pregnancy.

--------
"wdpepsiman1"

Rumor has it that Akon gave Raven Swordmisstress of Chaos an ancient spear called *Spirit of the Dead*. It is beleived that this spear can destroy the lich once and for all.

The hand that guides the implement, must equally control it, else the tool guides the master. Against that, beware.

--------
"dartgande"

Rumors have began to speculate that Captain Malakai Scourge has plans to begin his campaign for all of BSK's seas soon. Apparently, the pirate Captain has already obtained a ship, has a secret hide-out, and is admist recruiting the most shrewd and violent group of individuals known amongst the keep for his crew.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I'm not done.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"DM_Griphon"

One of Blackstone's strongest religious leaders, Warlock, has been honored by killing a mysterious creature known as a Seeker. The battle was fierce, and many a Seeker (aka three) left because they were bored to tears with the resistance of the defenders.

Warlock has earned his title, and a new name: "Skip, The Seeker Slayer". Some honor him by elongating the name to Skippy, others take it a step further by saying "The Skippster" or "Skipper" (obviously from a comical play of some ship wrecked saps).

Everyone should honor this honorable and very very important religious leader by calling him Skip!

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

There was held a familiar Tournament the other day, and the Battle Coordinator proudly presents Natashas panther familiar, Puck as the first winner of the Familiar Tournament. Prize was one years of supply in Deer meat for the panther. Congratulations Puck

--------
"Gibbo"

Later in an interview for the Blackstone Bugle:

"I pity da' foo' who thought he could take a pop-shot at me. The witch didn't help at all... talk about useless. This whole thing with her getting her memory back didn't help either. Before, she just forgot she owned me and didn't feed me, but now... she's too busy with all her important friends from days of yore. I'd like to call her something that sounds like witch... but then I know I'd just get a fireball or something like that to the face. Isn't there a law against that? Where the heck are the authorities in this matter? Domestic abuse anyone?

Oh.. the fights.. Never did something like that. It was great! What was that one thing's name? Zal? He looked rough... twice... TWICE! He made quick work of some dumb lookin' dogs. When I got down there, the sand was still wet with their insides. Talk about gross. It's bad that they were dogs, but then I had to step in their remains?! Zal put up a good fight... a Hell of a fight, in fact. What the heck was the witch thinking when she signed me up?!

Deer meat.. I mean, that's great... big nasty wet raw gross bloody meat. Yay. The battle coordinator (I think he's having an affair with the mayor's wife, but you didn't hear that from me) really ought to think about offering a harlem. Yeah, pussy-cats all around, all the caviar a fat cat could like, and the cushions... satin, in sunlight, fluffed just right. *purrs* Maybe a 'nip' den underneath? Don't look at me like that! Cool-cats need to have a chemically induced good time too.

Why are you still here? Get out of my house. What? This is your house? It's mine now, sucka. I'm gonna scratch you up helluva bad. "

There were also reported several bards in the area with large scratch marks on their faces... crying about being beaten up by a sardonic feline. Of course, Spiderman is to blame.

--------
"DM_Griphon"

Any who were in the Bordermarch area last night felt an eerie pulse occur shortly after the horrid find in Tagnar's tavern. Some of the local residents claim to have spotted a woman in all dark clothes, holding a wicked looking bow, and having two different colored eyes, walk back into Bordermarch to converse with other travellers only moments after a small quake shook the mountain.

When questioned back at the Keep, a guard said: "Everything will be back to normal soon. The murderer was caught and brought to justice, according to our bounty hunter."

--------
"Addyrcap"

Talk amoung the Hin of the community has word that Seraphina is actively seeking donations and help to have a 'place' built for the hin of the community.
She was seen rescently speaking with Warrick Addyrcap a priest of Lia, where it was overheard him saying; " Gosh that ain't gonna be cheap! well maybe we can seen backers, most tall folk would love to get us outta the town. Ya know maybe Lia wouldn't mind me usin' a few tithes from the temple to aid abit as well! I say we ask a few tall folk for help too, backers yeah thats what a person needs!"
"You mean more hin? to join us?" Sera was heard to say.
" No, I mean backers, money, the tall folk with cash, we ask them, and hope outta the goodness of their hearts, and for a worthy cause, they'll donate!, lets go to Skara Braae and discuss this more.."

Word has began to spread to all hin, to seek donations, and find Seraphina, or any of the Addyrcaps to try and get this taks accomplished.

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

Chatty wisp-like creature who speak in rhyme have been appearing speaking about a Lord, a master, or a God they serve. They refuse to name this Lord saying something long the line of, "Those who seek the truth and want to know the way, will seek out others who seek the same and by working together bring about a brighter day."

Bright circles of runes have been appearing at random. Sometimes a scroll or two appears in the middle of these runes. Sometimes a rune will appear near a wounded or falled person and a ghostly figure, rushing about in a blur, heals or returns life and disappears in a flash.

Odd events all, and no clue other than the scrolls to point to the source.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Zortak"

A bird lands on one of the branches, singing a sad melody.

NO doubt those who never hear the song of the Nightingale are denied a special privilege. Keats’ exquisite verses give some notion of it, and William Drummond, another English poet, has sung sweetly of the bird best known to fame. “Singer of the nightâ€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"VlosBD696"

The drowess was seen insulting people and sturing up trouble. Each time someone lashed out at another person the drow's eyes would glow red and she would smile in delight. After Lomeldur showed up the drowess left for shara.

Several went after her and it was said hours later that both the Lia temples at Starkson and Bordermarche were desercated the statue at Starkson was split and the fountain at Bordermarche was broken and the wates poisoned.

The drowess was trapped at Bordermarche and rendered helpless by several there. She was then tossed over Lomeldur's shoulder and they all left for Starkson along with several others asked to join them.

For hours there were lights seen around the Mage tower at Starkson and later several very wery mages and a paladin were seen leaving and quickly went to their homes to sleep. More informations shall be had by talking to these people.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Rumors were heard from a servant at Starkson Castle that there had been heard a scream from the suits area and that much later the mage's lab had been blasted by something. That much of the equipment there had been rendered into ashes.

One of the servants found Lady Kallow walking the hall towards suit four. She walked very close to the wall her hand trailed along it. Her eyes were a deep red and she looked straight ahead.

--------
"Zortak"

Randris, Zortak's adoped nephew made a plea to Vor, just before he walked into the great Oak and vanished

--------
"Star Child"

My father Myel AKA The Chaos In The Keep finally decided that it was once again appropriate to leave the WAR castle in the desert to see what was going on in the world. What he found was quite pleasing to his eye. He quickly discovered that the great Lady Ortel was somehow blinded and now vulnerable. Somehow in the chaotic heart of his, he mustered a little bit of pity for the drowess and decided not to attack her while in this state. Not to mention that the newly reborn Silith The White (who once was a great ally to the WAR guild mind you) came to her rescue outside the Starkson Castle.

Myel was wounded badly. However there is some good news. Thork Gordak ruler of W.A.R. has mysteriously became quite lame and crippled over time. We were wondering why he has not shown his face in or out of our desert castle for months. Finally due to his condition Thork gave over leadership of the fallen W.A.R. guild to Myel of Hana or Myel Damy as some know him. Myel quite enthused at this gesture instantly accepted leadership and went right to work. We have lost many members in these past months since Thorks departure. Myels seclusion has not helped any at all. Even I was too busy training and recovering from the dracolich's attacks to pay attention to the dwendling membership of my own guild. Myel has brought two new members to WAR who we can already tell will be quite valuable. One a monk and a force to be reckoned with and the other a mage (whom the palemaster Myel is beginning to like more and more). Myel seeks more memembers daily.

Many have said that they have seen a little girl half elf roaming the Keep that looks just like me and is claiming to be me in fact. It happened after the dracolich attack. My entity so they say of Star Child Thelandira was separated from me. If I shall see her I will kill her....for there can be only one me and this druid is ruining my reputation.

In Myels efforts to ressurect the WAR guild he attempted the impossible in my eyes. He tried to seduce my Lady Platina Aurinelle into joining hands with him so that they can make an effort to rule the Keep. It is Myels firm belief that with Platina at his side and his new WAR guild back on the rise that not only can they one day rule the Keep but perhaps the world........

Though he is my father I must say that even I doubt some of his intentions. I will be the general of this great army of W.A.R. nevertheless.......

Star Child of Chaos

--------
"Luna778803"

Talk has been heard of Naobi's short journeys to the keep from the starkson.. Those on the dock heard this conversation occur between the captain and Naobi:

"Im really going broke with your boatfares you know..." Naobi said in a joking voice.

"I know Naobi but if I let you go to the starkson free I will have to let everyone else," Captain Zim responded with a wave of his hand.

"But Zim you know my situation with Vallius, im always running back and forth with supplies and such. And I have been good to the keep you know," Naobi says as she smiles innocently.

"You know my rules Naobi. That smile doesnt work on me," Zim responds in a stern voice.

"Fine fine Zim.." She hands him a bag of coins with a pout. "You should be rich by now..."

"Aye Naobi, but im not.. as you can tell."

She smirks and responds "Yes I can tell Zim, but I must be going.. If you see Natasha tell her I need to speak with her."

"I will, just go befor you scare away the commoners."

"Oh ouch! " Naobi shouts over her shoulder sarcastically as she walks away towards the merchant area.

--------
"Caesius"

Randris recently emerged from the tree holding an infant in his arms. He gave the child to Platina who was present for this event and told her that the child was hers, that the tree guided him to the baby's spirit. Witnesses report that after overcoming the shock of seeing the child she had lost so long ago that she went to the dark forest in a hurry with the child in her arms.

Later on, Zortak, Platina and the baby girl known as Tinas were taking a liesurely stroll through the keep looking like a very happy family.

--------
"Zortak"

There are runors of a union to take place between Zortak, an elven druid, and lady Platina, a cleric of Lem. They are often seen in the company of each other, caring for an infant.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

Rumor has it Vallius Angelus, has been moving about the Starkson more and more. His health seems to be returning to normal, largrely aided by Vor, but mainly the undying love and care of his fiancee, Naobi Celestias.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

word of odd happenings in the Starkson is mentioned by some of the staff as they gossip with friends in the Keep.

Sarah Lynn claims a drow has taken up residence in Lady Winesa's room.

Thomas whispers of raised voices within the Kallow suite shortly after Lady Winesa paid a visit.

Jack the Trapper laments being badly mauled by a pair of panthers. e suggetes they seemed to know the location of all his traps and to actually enjoy stalking and toying with him, before they caught him and bit him serveral times.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

Townsfolk speak of seeing Vallius Angelus, walking weakly through the Keep clad in full armor, bearing his Sword and Shield. Some say he wheezes like a sickly old man as he walks through town usually heading to the Road outside of the Hamlet, where he's been reported to be weakly fighting the Undead out there....

"I saw him I did...That arrogant old arse..." One of the local patrons of the Playful Maiden say's to the bartender. "He's been 'obblin 'bout like a lame dog he 'as!" *laughs with a sickly cough* "He get's out 'ere, right, an' he can barly lif'' 'is own sword to swing at one of 'em beasties!" *takes a swig of Ale, then resting his head on the table* "My 'ow the mighty 'ave fallen, eh?" *chuckles lightly as he dozes off in a drunken stuper*

--------
"VlosBD696"

Rumor has it that Vallius for some reason strangled the drowess Ortelassa to death. Several saw him in the Hamlet talking to himself and others running around trying to locate a certain entrance to the underdark.

Later reports said that the drowess was brough back to life but that something odd happened and it has something to do with Silith and Celantar. Many who were there won't talk about it and shrug people off then walk away.

Vallius was seen a few days ago talking to a eyeball with the witch Natasha up near Boardermarche. It was said by a tavern staff there that Vallius again tried to kill Ortelassa but others stopped him and this Celantar showed up.

Today it was observed the witch Natasha talking to a druid. He gave her two items a staff and robe and was heard saying that he was sorry he could offer no more information. Ortelassa was talking to Oblique at the time and was waiting to speak to Natasha but the witch ran off for the docks.

They followed her and were seen entering the Starkson Tower. After a while the staff could hear a woman wailing and crying from the tower. To them it sounded like the drowess's voice but they were not sure.

Afterwards the witch went to Hidden Shores and was searching the shoreline for something. She kept looking out to sea and muttering about that, 'He better not be dead. I must be wrong.'

Since that time the drowess was seen leaving the castle wearing the Court Mage's robes and carrying his staff. She headed for Hidden Shores and has not been seen since.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

Vallius after a long period of being ill, recently took up wearing black again after a visit to the Sacred Grove. He had been snappy and seemed to be losing his mind, rumors say even going as far as to kill the Drowess Ortel. However recently he has seemingly had a sudden change of faith. His armor has been returned to it's usuall blindingly birght color, his Sword now glows with a Holy Aura never seen before, Rumor has it he had a meeting with Vor himself. Whatever it was he has been much happier since, a warm smile once again on his face, after too long a time of wearing a scowl.

--------
"Luna778803"

The servants of the starkson heard raised voices last night between Captain Malakai and Naobi in the tavern. Soon after more voices were heard and Vallius rushed into the tavern. After much yelling and threats Naobi stormed out of the tavern then the starkson running towards the oasis. A local merchant in the oasis reports that she ran into kazras temple her eyes a bright red mere moments after entering he heard her growls, loud bangs, and explosions... The merchant was rather unhappy.. she keeps scaring away all that try to buy from him.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Vallius_Angelus"

Locals report of Vallius follwed by an entourage including, Naobi, Natasha and Silith, walking through the Keep. Vallius cradleing a large object covered in a cloak, there was a slight sweet smell eminating from it, that which is one associated with death. The party made no comments as they walked somberly with their heads hung to the Starkson.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

(( it is possible one may stumble over a letter written on Starkson stationary which was improperly disposed of by one who received it.))

Dear Citizens,

By order of Her Grace, Winesa Kenders, all are asked to take stock of their goods. While the armory has many items, it can never be said that an armory is over supplied. It is asked that you evaluate items of use which are not longer of need, or might better serve another citizen or a member of the Milita. All manner of items are needed.

Each of you are also encouraged to make known what your own needs are. It is the desire of Her Grace, that each of her citizens are as prepared as possible to answer the call to arms should it go out. Communication and preparation are paramount to our continued success.

Of special need are items which protect members from harm, improve a members physical or mental abilities, or augment the skills of a members trade. Finished goods are preferred, but Forges Stones, Socket Gems and gold are appriciated and universally helpful.

Please contact Chief Supply Officer Ova Laden, a member of the Starkson Council, or Lady Winesa Kenders herself wth either the items you wish to add to the Armory or the list of items which could aid you most.
For fastest processing, note the form on page two.

Lock, Stock, and Barrel,
CSO Ova Laden

--------
"VlosBD696"

The cremation of Lomeldur Kallow will take place Sunday after 10 pm ETS in front of the Lighthouse on Starkson Isle. Thank you and hope to see you there.

--------
"Sylvarius"

Rumors around the keep state that one Darion d' Sylvanguard witnessed an assassination attempt on a Blackstone commoner in the docks district. The attempt was fortunately foiled by a nearby guardsman, and Darion was able to heal the wounded commoner with some handy first aid kits he had brought along for adventuring.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Rumor has it that there was words spoken between Ortelassa and Auran in the Hunter's new castle. That Raven and others became involved and that the Drowess stormed out of the castle.

Later Natasha and Ortelassa were seen at the lighthouse going over plans for the services for Lomeldur when Auran and later Silith showed up. There were again heated words for a long time then the drowess fell on her knees and there was silence for a great length of time with only Silith speaking the words "That is correct." Several times to Auran.

Finally Auran was heard saying. "That was a complete waste of my time." And stormed off quickly leaving the island.

--------
"Luna778803"

Two guards were seen conversing in the tavern:
"She threw some dark energy or somethin' at him! I knew not to get involved with 'er, she's scary with those glowing eyes.."

"What did the man look like," the other guard asked curious to who he could look out for in the keep.

"Oh, he has black clothes on and light brown hair, but you didn' let me finish." The guard took a pause befor continueing as he glanced around the tavern. "He was ranting about 'er burning his clothes.. then he took out a rapier and stabbed her! He stabbed the dark daughter for Vor's sake!"

"He stabbed Naobi?" the guard asked with a shocked expression on his face.

"Aye right through the gut! But I must give the dark one some credit, even with a rapier in her stomach she fought him, not any women would do that..." the first guard states with a far away look in his eyes.

"Well look at who her family is... but thats besides the point, what did she do to fight him off?" the second guard asks edging closer in his chair.

"Well from what I could see.. her eyes started glowing even more red, then she gripped his hands and the man started glowing a sort of black! 'Is skin wus getting burned off it was! Then the man took a swing at her and hit her square on the jaw, she took it well though she did and just spit the blood from her mouth in his face.. he then proceeded to twist the rapier around in her stomach as she growled and hissed... then the sissy called for me, Well o' course I had to go and try to seperate the two but by all means I didn' wanna get near Naobi, I've seen her when she's angry, I heard rumors she almost blew up Skara when she had one of her temper tantrums." the guard nods as he finishes and takes a swig of his ale.

"That really must of been some sight to see... what happened after you seperated them?"

"Ah well.. I didn' exactly seperate the two.. she just kind of jumped back when 'er drow friend came.. I think 'er name is Ortelassa or somethin'. Then miss Naobi took out a rune stone and dissapeared... don' know where she went.. probaly home to the starkson or somthin'. She was bleeding alot though.. maybe she's even dead." the guard says with a laugh.

"Aye wouldn' that be good, but no doubt her father would take out his anger on the keep.. So lets hope for the best aye?"

"Aye.. the best..."

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

"'At 'ill teach that miserable wench ta burn me clothes! She 'ave any idea 'ow much thease cost! I aint stingy when it comes to me fashion!" The man continues muttering as he is seen leaving a building in the Keep. "An' if 'at damn Drow dun' piss well tha' hell off...She'll be next I swear it..." The man continues ranting like a billgerant fool.."I swear so 'elp me...*notices a beautiful young maiden* Well...'Ello, 'ello..."*grins as he finishes wiping the Godlings blood off his Rapier then sheathing it as he follows the Maiden, lurking behind her in the shadows*

--------
"VlosBD696"

Rumor has it that Ortelassa beat up a rogue thief going by the name of Willy in the Keep near the tree a few days before the happenings with Naobi. It is said that she thrashed him with her staff most likly breaking a few things then she stomped him with her hight heel boot in the groin and walked away. Willy was seen rolling on the ground complaining.

It is also rumored that Natasha the Witch has been asked to fill in for the vacant position that Lomeldur Kallow had held as Court Mage at Starkson. It was thought that the Drowess might take her intended's place but it is said she pushed for Natasha to have it.

Molly the Mayor's upstairs maid has taken a nine month leave of absence to her home in Skara. The Mayor was not around for comment. The position is now open for another. She needs to be buxsome is what he says.

The new Hunter's Castle is causing all kinds of talk and people wanting to pear into it.

It is said that Dreadlord is again pretending to be asking for 5 gold toll for using the roads. He said the Mayor ordered him to collect due to the wear and tear on the grass. His friends say he has gone a bit off and could be dangerious if encountered it's best to humor him and run away.

The rumors that Ortelassa has taken up with Celantar are true and it appears that she is once again expecting a child from the union. Whispers with the Starkson staff is that the child is the one she had lost earlier and that Tani found the spirit of the child and returned it to her. That the child is somehow Lomeldur's but also Celantar's as well. Then again consittering her family back ground and her mother it's no wonder she has a large family.

Rumor has it that Zoe was put in a deep sleep by Silith and that it has something to do with Alucid and Delor. There has also been talk about Cenatar but that he is not directly involved.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

A hooded figure in black can be seen sneaking around the keep, quickly scattering like a Cocroach at the slightest hing of danger. Anyone unfortunate enough to speak to him will find themself faced with his back as he takes off running. Though through it all he seems to be searching for something...Or someone.

--------
"Gibbo"

Whispers on the tongues of men and women alike describe a strange scene from a couple nights past:

Some farmers claim that on her morning walk through Skara Brae, Natasha, the rumored Witch of Bordermarch, collasped on the path for a moment... however got up and began cursing to the skies.

A woodsman claims to have seen the wizardress talking to herself while staggering down the path in the Dark Forest, and that a strange succubus approached her and tried to converse with her.

There were reports by hidden scouts in the Swamps that the same mage was later seen talking to herself in the swamps with the succubus creature on her heels.

Ghostly tales of a battle happening on the mystic Island of Terror finally reach the taverns of Blackstone. It is said that for an entire day magic caused the earth to shake and lit up the skies around the dark island. Suddenly, once the explosions ceased, there was a strange purple light glowing in the distance, a shaft of light that vanished into the heavens.

The wizardress has not been seen in Skara Brae for some time... which concerns some farmers because they are now without their weather forecaster.

--------
"Star Child"

No one knows why but the ruler of WAR after finding out that his guild house has been utterly destroyed decided to take leave. Myel had a long discussion with Ortel. He wanted her to join her on his journey but she ever so rudely declined the invitation as always. He then went absolutely nuts and was running around the Keep Merchant district naked using his pale master skills to raise the dead. When he finally came to his senses he found Eclipse and gave her some gifts. Shortly after that he vanished and is no where to be found. Hopefully my father Myel will return and reclaim the WAR guild that he loved so much and was dedicated to. I in the mean time have left to see why and what has become of the guild house. If this was done by man then man will pay dearly for it.

Believe me I shall return.

A trusted friend and hired cleric assassin of Myel's can deliver messages to me. Her name is Wynter Lake. I must say I get the feeling that she is not to be messed with.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Luna778803"

~Talk has spread that Naobi Celestias was recently seen, running at full speed towards the oasis. Along the way she ran full into a commoner, both of them falling to the ground due to the force in which they collided. The commoner reports he got a glimpse of her face and there were tears coming out of her eyes befor she pulled up her hood quickly and promised death to the commoner. She then muttered something about being weak so very weak, and continued muttering about how the only place she was welcome was the kazrite temple~

**Kona the priestess of the kazrite temple walked slowly out of the gate and sighed lightly. A merchant approached her with caution, curious to why she was out of her precious temple**

"Oi.. miss priestess, if you dun' mind me asking, why have you graced us with your presence?" the merchant asked, slowly inching towards kona.

Kona glances at the merchant and sighs in frustration and annoyance while rubbing her temples as she replys, "It's that damn Naobi, shes giving me a headache for kazra's sake! Why couldn't she choose the temple in marvale!"

"Eh? Naobi? Why is she givin' you a headache miss?"

"She's just sitting in the corner with her hood up, crying, sobbing and muttering nonsence all day and night.. the balors are used to her ranting I suppose, but I am not." Kona says matter-a-factly as she glances towards the gate there's a loud boom and dust flies out of the entrance. "Oh there she goes again..." she walks quickly back into the temple and slams the gate down with a loud snap.

The merchant sighs and glances at the temple befor walking away, all the while muttering "Damn Kazrites.. always disturbing business..."

--------
"Dragonbardsong"

Rumors of a drow male showing up around the keep arise. Seems he has also been seen talking to a strange woman with a skeletal arm, as well as a wolven helmet.

An excerpt from the converstation:
Wright: I ask only this..Find a way to keep some of these weaklings at bay..Kill them, Imprision them..Do what must be done..

Strange Woman: Fine..Whatever you say..Though I warn you wrym..You fool me..And I promise you will be reunited with the demons below..

Wright: You speak as though you would stand a chance against me..

After the converstation, Wright was seen meditating by the large lake in the Oasis, his form slowly returning to the one he was so passionate of..Though it steadily failing..Briefly after, a line of cursing in draconic could be heard echoing throughout the Wastelands.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

*echoes emit through the walls of The Starkson* "I shall not fight, Abbil...I have proven my worthlessness thus far, I shall interfer no longer. You and your "God" shall do just fine without me..." *later that night a strange visage could be seen, a tall white haired warrior with wings, appeared on the Starkson Isle, taking the Paladin, to speak alone with him...Though others followed..What words passed between the two are known only to them, though some could be translated* "I can not fight in this battle...I will not hurt her like that..Forgive me.." *the Tall Angelic Warrior's lip curls in disguist* "Thousands have died because of her father, and now more shall fall aswell..I leave Vor to forgive you, for I am afraid I may not be able to.." *The Angelic Warrior turns and fades, as the Paladin hangs his head in shame*

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake Writes:

My Lord Kazra came to me face to face the on the morn of the Kazrite raid (//honestly he did). After so long a time I thought my lord had abandoned me. I shall never doubt again...

"Seek my champion Seamus" he advised me "and I will make you my champion as well. First I have some missions for you and Seamus to accomplish. If ye have need of my services during these missions pray to me and I will give you blessings. If you fail me however I will kill you." My lord then began to give me a detailed description of three missions that he wanted me to do before I became favored in his sight. Two have been accomplished and the third is in the making. The silent lord Kazra was very displeased at the havok reaped upon his temple. The first of the two missions was against the Sword Bearer Lord Vallius and the second against the Hunters.

We three walked into the Keep yesterday unafraid and far outnumbered. Nevertheless Master Seamus prepared himself as did our Warlock companion. Seamus struck first with a shroud of darkness over the entire Keep. Warlock began to call spells from the sky that nearly destroyed everyone including the Raven, Vallius, Natasha, even severely hurt the mute Eclipse (Though she was the most valliant of all the fighters opposing us). The "whipped" disciple of Vallius called Ando tried to draw his sword (nothing like his master's sword) I quickly responded with a harm spell followed by empowered flame strike. Ando fell swiftly. Warlock called an Ice Storm from the heavens....Ohh the blessed cold of ice and Wynter. The chaos soon ceased. Many men hunters and heroes alike had to be raised. We Kazrites managed to slip away through the darkness. I was followed by the risen Vallius but he brought me no harm. He said he wishes not to fight anymore. I granted his wish and withdrew my mace. I recieved a few minor threats from towns people. Using my assassin skills I was able to flee the town unscathed.

I have not forgotten about my last and final mission however. It is in the works now.

May Kazra be pleased...

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

*The Paladin enters his place of serenity, kneeling before the Pillar and the White Flame to pray* "This shall be my war, as much as I would wish to avoid it and have a quiet life with Naobi and Karina...This is my war, I shall be the Torch Bearer, my father.." *his posture slightly shifts, his head still bowed in reverence* "If what is said is true..We must restore him to the light, Father...He must be returned, my Brother shall not live in the shadows any longer.." *his speech changes to the tongues of Angel's before he stands and quietly walks away*

--------
"Pharo_IK"

the staff of the Starkson seem to all be of the same opinion....Lady Winesa has been in a foul mood. the furniture in her room has had to be replaced... 3 times in two weeks. almost all her time is spent in her room not answering the door or in the temple with Golems blocking any from entering.

even her great cat, Void, usually very friendly, has been sour of late. what is going on is uncertain..., but one disturbing rumor states that she has mounted her scimitar over her fireplace and packed her armor away....

all this following a heated arguement in the tavern with several members of the Militia. many rumors are whispered about that disagreement, but each is more bewildering than the last.

the staff are concerned...

--------
"Caesius"

A silvery haired woman with glowing blue eyes and golden chainmail wielding a brightly shimmering twinblade has been seen practicing combat maneuvers.

She seemes to be preparing for upcoming battle, arcane energies charged and crackling around her person.

She looks up with a serious expression at a planetary conjunction occuring overhead and wordlessly draws a runic circle around her to focus the celestial energies and strengthen her for the war to come.

--------
"Vallius_Angelus"

*A note is posted upon the cork board of the Keep* "My brothers, I ask that you seek me out soon, (Saturday, 8pm EST, after the reset) For there shall be a meeting of the Starkson, and I ask all those whom have given me their oath of service to attend so that you might meet my Soverign Lady, Winny Kenders. Continue your training and do not think twice to seek my aid if you are in need. Act accordingly, and above all go with Honor. May Vor watch over you all. -Vallius Angelus."

--------
"thork_war"

Recently a Certain very large orc has been seen again. Thork has suddenly appeared back at blackstone, many said he fell ill and left to die. Old friends welcomed the big lug back with open arms.
Thork now wields a Scythe of his father called the Great Scythe of the Nine Hells. He speaks of a large scale battle which him and Clax were called away to fight in. With their help their father was able to conquer all of the five lands of Etheria. Thork now much more scarred and aged actually has much more life and vibrance about him. Now he is beginning to ressurect W.A.R. With a strong alliance with the wounds and being set to marry Gory, Thork i determined to bring W.A.R. back to its former glory.

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

Severel times, demons have been pouring into this realm by portals in the surroundings of the Keep. Last time, it became obvious, that the little gnome, known as the summoner has power beyond understanding.

A small village girl, that loves to collect flowers around the Starkson Castle, saw the Gnome approach the castle. Soon after, she also noticed Natahsa, head of the Arcane Order made her appearance. she could not hear what they spoke of, but suddenly she saw the Gnome conjure spells, and she almost didn´t belive what she saw.

"It is true, I say! I saw the Lady Assillia!! she stood there, like she was a zombie!! But before anything happend, the gnome made her disappear again! It´s true I tell ya!!"

After that, Demons appeared, and the girl ran in fear.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Arch Magika"

It seems, that Nalia Kendars, finally returned home to the Starkson, where she now has her home.

--------
"VlosBD696"

A commoner speaking to several farmers.

"I saw them I did over his body they were. Had candles and odd stones and these papers all over their floor they were. Then the drowess she started speaking to the Witch. Yes'em she did said something about cheating time and fooling gods and angels to not make him anew.

"That drowess said she needed time to find someone to bring him back some name she said all sad like as if the person she was talking about met something to her. Then the witch nodded and she went and stood on one side and the drowess on 't other. And she started speaking in the spider speech of theirs, she did make one think a spider is ready to crawl down your back. I was looking about I tell ya.

"Then Both of them start casting that then spell that plays with time only it all stayed in one spot over his body. I saw a fly go into it and it just stopped there in mid air and stayed it did. Then they caste some more spells and finally she did one that made the man and that fly disapear, she did.

"Then the Witch said something and the drowess said it was her fault he's dead and they crossed words then she left and the drow sat there she did. And after a while she left too and it was all quiet like. I beat tracks too that Vor temple there is now spooking I tell ya." The man finishes nodding his head to all around him.

"Ya don'tn say gov'ner. Land 'sakens. Bet ya it 'twas that knight who fell up at Bordermarche that Sir Vallius. His missus has been bailing somthing awful and cursing at her father too she has, Me Geretta she works there at Starkson she hear it all. Bad business here with gods walking about and all. Tell'ya there will be a big war battle soon. Best get ya crops in early I says." Says another farmer shaking his head and looking about seriously.

The gathering breaks up.

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

The Prophets of the Stars and the Seers of Shadow are said to have met. Only in moments of great danger do the Oracles of these too opposed paths meet, for the only thing they agree on is niether group wishes the end of the world.

And so it was that the elements battled with their pawns until one was extinquished and the foundations shaken.

When the four are made three, what can not, will be. The door opened for those that kept will be free and rewards will shower on those who turned the key.

In the absence of the effort to shine a light...Darkness reigns sending forth blight.

--------
"Kretch"

A beggar mutters to himself in the darkness.

"Flames everywhere. Nothing is safe. The souls of the dead cry out. Weapons are broken. Free at last. Nothing can stop it. Betrayal. She will kill us all. "

His mutterings turn unintelligible. Laughter echoes in the shadows.

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake:

The battle was over. Wynter lay on the ground near death and barely breathing. It was the life force of this child of Kazra that was keeping her alive as she was. Escape from the Hunter Castle was evil. While they were off preparing for war she simply awoke and ported away to the same battlefield. Things were not so easy now however. It seemed as though time had stopped several times this fight and that is what lead to their down fall. "An awful and brutal preimptive sneak attack from behind our ranks." She thought as she lay on the ground waiting to take her last breath. Just as she thought she was about to die excrutiating pain passed through her abdomen and she let out a scream. No one was around she was going to have this baby alone in the great chasm battlefield. The only thing that remained was some remnaints of Kazras fire and hell. Yet even the god himself had abandoned her it seemed.

Wynter was used to pain though. She gritted her teeth through every bit of labor and pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed until she could reach down with her own hands and pull the baby through. .... "A boy" she smiled. The name Orion was whipered into her ear by Kazra. He had not left her alone after all. "Orion Kazurus Lake. Wynter muttered the name of her new born son into the air".... "How will Naobi feel to have a younger brother." she thought. She looked at her son and smiled for the first time in weeks. "a mighty hunter he shall be. Worthy of his fathers name. May Kazra bless his soul. "

Wynter took her child by the great tree in the Keep and began to worship by the new obelisk her god had raised thereby. The great goat god Calentar came to tear down the tower. Wynter tried to stop Calantar but she could do nothing with her child in hand. Then Calanter cursed the child Orion Lake with the madness of Mork Gordak. He said because Kazra cursed him and Ortel's child then the child of Kazra will be cursed until his childs curse is lifted. Wynter now can not stop the baby from crying all the time. "Damn that goat....... Is winning in battle not good enough"

"May Kazra banish the goat"

Wynter Lake

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

The God of Emotion and Solemn Promises looks in the mirror, disgusted. His usual stark white feathers looked as if someone had taken a torch to them. His silver hair dirty and in tangles. The almost luminestant marble white of his skin, ashen, grey, pale... He felt worn, tired, and irritated...

"The Kazarites.... They mourn their loss... Fools..."

Lloth, long a thorn for many had offered her aid to Kazra. Kazra of course considered her help minor and unnecessary, but feigned a measure of appriciation. Not that Lloth hoped for his success. She just wished to contribute to the suffering of those that Kazra's followers would battle. The Starksons, Hunters, and Arcane Order each had challenged her or countered her and she welcomed a chance to add to their misery.

The battle at the Chasm was indeed a thunderous event. Celantar had been present for some time watching the Kazarites prepare. Warlock and his allies planned out various suprise attacks and began to prepare the battlefield to secure their victory.

With a smirk, Celantar summoned up three warriors, supriseing the Kazarites.
"They are spread thin, purhaps I can kill them off now? Rules of war be damned..."

A temor cut his thought short. His next batch of summons never appear as he felt Lloths presence spread over the field, then Kazra... then by Kazra's will the sky went dark, night fell, and all of Celantars attention focused on Lloth as she started casting her magics.

The mortals appeared, fought, died, and in the end the alliance of the Hunters and the Starksons proved overpowering. Lia spent her time interferring only enough to keep Kazra from smiting her champions, leaving the true effort to the mortals.

Lloth on the other hand proved quite the chore. Not one of her handmadiens arrived as she promised Kazra, but then, as he lock horns with her, he was unable to send his own forces to aid the Champions.

At the battles end, she had not even bothered to manifest. Her power, extending from the DeamonWeave, was enough to make him glad she had not personally arrived and hopeful that the Drow belief that she can not leave the DeamonWeave is true.

Lia, shooting Cel a parting nod of approval, departs.

Kazra, angry as expected at the defeat offers Celantar a parting comment to ponder.
Do not celebrate this victory little God, battles are not necessarily lost with mortal bloodshed. What I have in store is still to come.

The thought runs through his head.
"Not lost? How can he speak as though unsuprised? As though the defeat does not mean defeat?"

Joining the celebration for a moment in the Starkson, still uneasy within their walls, he hears a curse on his name. Curious he goes to find Kazarites schemeing and offering prayers at an obelisk pridefully erected in the Keep by Kazra.

"I think it is time for this to go."
Purposefully baiting the fools gathered, angry over his confussion at Kazra's taunt, hoping for an excuse to make an example. Then a female, full of pride said a few words which drew all of his attention...

"Behold my son, the son of Kazra! He will be your downfall, he will be the..."

Her words stopped being sound and became daggers in his heart. His anger swelled as he looked on the child in her arms. Vengence blinded him as the thought of Kazra's curse on his own newborns flooded his mind. Without a pause he reached out and grabbed the nearby boy, Mork. Insane beyond reason, infected without hope of cure, Celanter grabbed his head and without thought laid a terrible curse of his own. His divine power amplified with his greif and anger.

"Kazra placed a curse on my children, so I give his child a gift in kind. I give him this boys insanity. His mind never at peace, a curse never to be lifted, until Kazra lifts his taint from my own."

Leaving without a care for the torment he created on this new mother or the panic in her heart, he hears a parting comment from one named William.

"Who is he? What manner of thing is he to speak so to us or make a demand of Kazra?"

Returning to the celebration, he sees and informs those gathered what he did. Some disapprove, some are indifferent, but the words he meant to say with pride, are spoken mechanically.

Looking in the mirror, he closes his eyes and thinks of his newest daughter and son. Considers the worry he has for them. Wonders what his own curse is unleashing on that child. Exhausted from the days events, looking forward to rest, he is kept awake by the thought of the boy.

"That child... innocent despite his heritage, despite the corruption his mother has planned... What have I done?"

For a moment he feels as if Kazra may manifest nearby, then the feeling fades and he remembers the words spoken after the battle, he wonders about it all.

"What have I done?..."

--------
"VlosBD696"

Ortelassa curls up next to Celantar on the bed. Even though she at the moment can not see him she knows from what Kree' has said he has had it rough with fighting Lloth. She puts her hand oh his face and rubs it slightly trying not to wake him as she lets her feelings flow to him to give him strenth. "It will be alright Ussta Qu'ess."

She's very tired and worn looking herself and if one were a elf they could tell she looks many years older in just a few days. She has been using drow magic to keep Sir Vallius's body in tact and in status. And keeping up the wards are drainning her. The blindess from helping to use the crystal is slowly fading and shadows she can see now. But still it is unclear to her.

Finally she settles down and falls to sleep. The children are quiet also sleeping in their cribs next to the bed. They have been far too quiet for babies and they have slept far too much. But there is something that hovers over them...

--------
"Draxximus"

A dwarf in the tavern can often be seen collecting a group of small time adventurer's and hunters, known for telling his stories of course, and starting a few bar fights; his name? Slaughterfast Smackya of the Elf hating Clan Smackya...

Aye that crazy Baustaurd be preachin bout' his Sil'ant lowd again...
ye know that crazy delluded wizard, proll'y belayed insane by one of 'es own alche--.. .. chemicals.. exploding.. yes.. anyway...

the rather grough dwarf continue's talking, realizing for once he was loosing the crowd with his blithering roaming the line that seperated boredom and lack of whit, damn near playing jump rope with it.. it was time to spead things up...

Aye.. Aye.. wait now.. I aint got to the good part.. He claims his power is remanifesting, that its almost time fer em to become the devour'er of livin things once more.. Now. I dont know bout' you, but puttin two and two together from the retheric he preaches, and the nonsense that doom sayer's been speakin.. I almost wanna beleive there is somthin to this.. but with spell casters.. ye never know..

The dwarf would continue on with a few more stories, this time boasting of him hunting some ogres and cracking some skulls, cutting up with those he had met in blackstone.. he began sharing gossip, and telling more stories that he would take completely out of context..

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira

The red headed green skin elf sat in the Hamlet with her hood covering up her unkept hair and her eyes. "Is anyone coming" she thought. She admired the nature around her the way she used to when she had practiced in her druid days. The hawk Golden Eye kept a watchful eye on her as its new master told the bird to. Golden Eye had not spoken to Star since here return from the Nine Hells. Lately the bird has been traveling with some monk that goes by the name Forvid De'Blu. The monk claims to have known Stars father Myel quite well but will never state how.

Star waited and waited and waited and waited. A wizard named Hand Xilo told her that many young men of BSK would come to her here in the Hamlet seeking guidance. Hand believed that there was something about Star that would make her chosen of all others to lead this bunch of rift rafts. Hand was the only wizard Star dealt with since her father had disappeard from the Keep. Hand looked after her at times but could by no stretch of the imagination replace Myel. "they will follow you" he had told her only days before. She wondered why. She had no purpose now. No guild house to return too. No father. No knowledge of her past or any chance of obtaining it. That dream disappeared the day Myel went crazy and fled to the Nine Hells to be with the dead he loved so much. There is a Rumor that the reason Lord Thork Gordak has been away so long is because he has gone to rescue Myel. "tough luck" she thought out loud. That is when Golden Eye cawed and switched to another tree still keeping his eye on the Dark Child.

One by one they came to the Hamlet. Slowly they gathered but they still came. "why did he choose me. I am a loner now. Well except for the fact that Thorks son Mork keeps chasing me around I am." she thought again. *sigh*. They began to all talk at once and ask questions. Star raised from here seat in the grass that she once loved to roll around in. "Quiet!!" she said. "I have the floor here. I did not make this choice on my own... You all wanted Hand to lead you but he refused. He asked me in his stead. That is the last of it. You all want purpose. I will give it to you. Mine was taken away. You all want a house... a place to meet. I will get that to you. Mine was taken away. You all want make a name for yourselves I know this. You want to be remembered by your children so that your generations after you will remember their rich past always. Well then. I will give you that too. Mine was taken away." Dead silence came over them. Even the birds and the crickets seemed to pause their noise as if to listen to the once druid. "Well then" she continued. "Which one of you knows how to wield a great sword. Tell me your name and I will decide your rank." One man stepped foward first. Star continued on "Who can read this scroll I have in my hand yet is no rogue......."

This went on all night until all were finished. They all sat and looked at Star with a gaze as if to say "well what do we do next?"

The green elf with pinkish red hair pulled out two green rapiers that dripped with acid and eminated extreme power. Qui salith and Li salith were the rapiers ancient elven names that stood for "double" and "trouble". "I want to introduce you to my blades Qui and Li salith and now my bow." She put the sword down sticking them upright in the ground by the sides of her legs. The acid made a hissing sound when they it dripped on the ground. No one new where the acid came from but it seemed never to run out of supply. These weapons were birthed from the 4th layer of Hell. Her bow however she had with her from years past. "Acies Ab Acuo Caducus... also know as the eye of piercing death." They stared in awe. The bird Golden Eye cawed in disapproval.

She put her bow back on her back. She picked up her two swords and slid the blades slowly down one another as she watched the acid fall to her feet. She spoke to them but her eyes were on her blades and her tone was translike as if they werent even there. "Well dont just stand there....... we're broke....... lets go make some money......" she brought her arms to ther side and pointed the blades upward. On cue her hood fell farther over her eyes and she ran to black stone road with bloodlust in her eyes. She did not know if the this new group had even followed her or not. Nor did she care. "If these MERCS want a leader......... then theyre gonna be lead my way..........." She thought.

And before it could strike, mutter a groan, or even see the attacker, another Zombie fell dead........

Dark Child Thelandira

--------
"Pharo_IK"

the golems, more active than usual, carrying books, plants, crates, vials, and even bodies in various states.... answering to noone when they are questioned.

in and out of the lab....
in and out of 'her lab'....
in and out of 'the suite'....

some of the servants who have served the Starkson for years, usher newer staff away and with expressions of worry..... refuse to comment other than to say, "she is at it again..."

pleasant but focused, Lady Winesa moves about the castle... taking even more care than usual to insure doors are secure and that she is alone.

she does pause to ask others if some have been seen.... Nadia, Ando, Tani, Talisha, Xan, Platina, and others.... it is clear she wishes to speak to them all...

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira

"You know I have have put much faith in you Rikler". The Dark Elf and the half bread elf Star Child fought off the undead and talked at the same time.

"You have told me this many times Dark Child... how many times must you say it" Rikler's dark presence was such that it could be felt.

Star was just as impressed with Rikklers bowmenship as she was with his magic. "I tell you this because others among us distrust you and I dont want their beliefs to become right" Star fired another acid arrow killing the zombie warrior that walks Black Stone Road.

The fighting stopped. There was nothing left to kill. "You speak of Kalus do you not?" he asked.

"Possibly"

In Riklers usual fashion he summoned his hell hound and went back into his nonchalant mode. The Hell Hound managed to kill the new coming undead with no problem as he talked to Star in an uncaring manner. "What of you fearless leader" He said with a smirk. " Do you trust me?"

"I would not have made you Commander & Major if I hadnt. You have such a heavy burden. You are over Bards, Sorcerers, and Wizard. With Hand Xilo not around it is a wonder you don't stress over this burden?"

"I do not stress over much at all. In the clan cult where I am orignally from there is no space for stress."

"Very well Mr. Evilstorm. I wish you well"

Star walked on quickly. She had plans to meet Thaedee and Heidel at swamps to travel to the hidden crypts. "Why did I lie to him" she thought. " I should have just told him how I felt. For some reason or another I dont trust the mage either. He is too powerful an ally to reduce down to a mere private though. I am comfortable with my decision" Star convinced herself. She just had this funny feeling however that Kalas might be right.........

Dark Child Thelandira

--------
"AnnubisRe"

Rizwan Nabard, a priest of Kazra, returns and learns of the defeat of his comrades:

" Had not the winds swept me away to places far, this outcome would have been far far different! I much look forward to the day of vengence - this will be a day when my allies will have their wounds healed and the fallen will rise! I will sing songs to inspire my comrades. and bring about woe and trembling in our advesaries. Let them cherish their small vistory, for it shall be their last!"

--------
"VlosBD696"

A knight is seen walking from Skara with a half-drow woman over his shoulder. She is trying to argue with him and every once in a while he shakes her or gives her a good slap on her behind to quiet her down. His face is stern and stone like as he walks to Starkson. Everyone seeing him quickly get out of his way then afterwards smirk at the young woman's delemia.

"Taint' that the drowess's elder daughter on his shoulder?"

"Yep."

"shouldn't someone stop him?"

"Nope."

"Oh, well anyway how much do you want for that crop of hay this year?"

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

Celantar listened and his anger grew. He had heard the womans pleas for mercy and granted them, feeling that to turn a heartless shoulder to her would be....

What? Wrong? Hardly, considering what was done to his own children. But then, thats just it, isn't it? Vengence without mercy leaves one hollow to the plight of others. To just turn away a greifing mother, even the mother of the child fathered by one who laid great hardship on thosehe cared for, would be.... something Xanthurous would do.

With a shudder as the memories of a past life passed like a cold shadow, a past life as a part of a being made of 14 prisoneers, Celantar forced himself to listen to this 'grateful and thankful' mother.

He listens as she lies...

He listens as she curses his name...

He listens as she ridicules his kindness...

He listens as she tells her audience how she tricked, manipulated and milked his weakness to get her way...

He listened as this mother proved without doubt she held no love for the child, she only saw him as a tool for her own glory, a means to an ends with no value but to be used, as her ticket for prestige amoung Kazra's followers who might discount her....

He listened... and though the pain in his heart was great, as she poured forth her lies and deciet and the emotions of it flowed, he took it all in.

Later that night, he touched the sleeping child head and gave it another gift. He left all it all for the child, locked away to be opened later. The truth of his mothers feelings. The lies in her words when she speaks of caring. And he leaves another....

Within this child, meant to bring death and destruction, he leaves the sense of love and pride which kind careing parents offer. He leaves the sight to see truth for lie. He leaves.... more....

As he leaves he enters her dream and manifests, forcing her to recognise his presence. "When this year is up Wynter, your childs madness will return unless Kazra releases my children. I will not lift this curse again unless my request is met. I will however promise you this, your child will be your undoing . Unless you learn to change your ways and learn kindness, graditude and how to love selflessly, he will see the truth of you and know the deciet in your words, in you heart."

As she responds he leaves abruptly after cutting her off, "Does Kazra care so little for you and your son? Why has he taken no interest in his own childs fate? What an honor it must be for you, used, cast aside, and not thought of again... I gave you a year out of kindness and pity... In return you mock me and mine."

On wakeing she finds her little boy sleeping peacefully, then notices he is clutching something. Careful not to wake him she wrestles it free only to realize it is a roll of scroll paper.

Opening the scroll she reads the titles and she containes herself, not wanting to wake the baby. Setting them aside to deal with later the words refuse to leave her mind for some time.

The Foundation of Faith.
The 12 Tiers.

Held by her child, in his crib, in her room... What has he done?

Was that dream of his appearance truely real?

What has he done?...

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"VlosBD696"

"The lady is packing I tell you. She came in angery and even though she was holding her side and barely standing up with that staff of her's she was pulling out cases and chests and order all of us to pack."

"But she can't do that she's one of the council she's suppost to stay here."

"She was going on that if no one respects her what the hell use is she to Winesa. I heard her yelling at one of the squires then out in the foyer there was such going ons. Magic all over the place. Then she came here and told us all to pack."

"What a about her daughter and the little ones?"

"They are going too. She said that Celantar will find her and she's explain to him. "

"What about the Lady? She won't like the drowess leaving."

"I dont' know. Maybe one of you should go tell her before we are finished packing."

"I'll go." The servant before anyone else can speak, he runs off towards Lady Winesa's room.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

Winesa curses lightly as the knocking on her door wakes her. the banishment of the cursed Blood Goddess from Starkson took everything she had.... after already over doing it.

a slight smile is on her face as she opens the door, the memory of ripping Ss'thra's head from her shoulders almost makes her want to take up adventuring again.... almost.

"yes dear? what brought you to my door Thonoff?" she always greeted people as kindly as she could. too often those she met had suffered a tragety and seek her for help. the last thing she wants to do is to add to others worries.

with a bow he answers, "your Grace, there is a matter of importance in the Suites. Lady Ortelassa has the staff packing her belonging. she said she is not staying where she is not wanted."

oh blast!.... she thinks to herself... i do not need this now. we have too much to deal with and in fighting will only weaken our resolve.

she smiles softly and nods her head, "Thonoff, please tell the staff to unpack Lady Ortelassa's belonging. if she wishes to leave, she may.... after .... she has secured residence for her children. " she pauses for a moment and continues, "what else has she said? she is not one tobe angry quietly."

"no my Grace, she has said she does not feel respected and that she is somehow making things harder for us all."

"i see. very well. please inform Orte-ah .... Lady Ortelassa.... that she is free to leave if she wishes after she secures a proper residence for her children. have the other staff put her families belonging away and inform me when that is done. also, ask her to visit me at her earliest convienence."

"yes Your Grace, i will do so." Thonoff heads down the hall and stops short as Winesa speaks again.

"Thonoff, as you pass the library, send one of the scribes please."

she sits for s few moments, trying not to let the frustration mount as she waited for the scribe. it took a while, but then the scribes were often wizards also and everyone knows how hard it is for them to step away from their notes and books. opening the door after the knock reveals Eli with a binder full of paper and quills and other thingshe anticipated using.

"Eli? good to see you again..... your son is still doing well i hope?" she motions for him to enter and closes the door behind him.

he follows her to the chair and sets up hs little makeshift table, setting up his tools just so, politely responding as he does so. "yes ma'am. it is nice of your Grace to ask about him. his arm mended well and he is back to earning bruses again. i fear he may take up the sword."

"he is a bright boy. let him enjoy his bruses, so long as he keeps to his studies. i appriciate your coming so quickly." she continues to keep her smile and it is genuine enough. she did find the little boy delightful when she visited him in the infirmary and liked to keep up with the children of her citizens as best she could.

if a nod of thanks Eli finished his preparation and opened his jar of ink and looked up, "we are all here to help as needed my Grace. shall we begin?" Eli never was much for small talk, which suited just fine as she just realise she had for gotten the boys name and as Eli's wife had died in the last attack, Winesa did not want to refreashen the pain the poor man was dealing with.

" yes dear, please have the mages duplicate this and send it out to all Citizens, Militia Members and those otherwise on the roster."

she thinks for a moment and adds to it. "have a copy also sent to Lady Raven, Lady Natasha, Mayor Reynne, Lady Seraphina, Lady Lake, Lord Warlock, Lord Dread, Missus Shyla Rayne, Lin-Wu Shadowmancer, Lady Star Child, the Vizier of the Oasis, and the oppropriate High Priests or High Priestess with sizable followings."

as Eli nods and dips his quill as Winesa begins...

"To all under the Starkson Banner, allies, friends, and others of regard:

There is a Spirit which presents a danger I have yet to assess fully. Starkson forces have foiled its attempt to recuit one servant and I have slain of its agents. My information indicates it has 12 more. The manner in which it effects others has forced me to this bold move of asking you all for aid.

It seems to seek out the holy and unholy and askes them if they want something. It even invades sacred places and has been confused by some as an agent of their chosen God or Goddess. It uses the life force of those it tricks to spawn children whom are to be carried and once born enter this world as the incarnation of this Spirit as some kind of Blood Goddess.

I do not know about each of you, but I have had my fill of new Gods and do not think any of us want to risk the 'birth' of another Xanthurous like being.

I am asking that you spread the word to all, not to entertain or converse with any spirit asking if you want to purify others, taint others, bring balance to choas or chaos to order. This Spirit seems to need some kind of consent to gain power over its victims or to trick the victim into drinking blood from one of the remaining servants.

These servants consider themselves Divine Vampires. I have my librarians searching our archives and ask you each do so also. Please pass on any information you find that it may be cross checked. These vampires seem to drink to feed the Spirit and prefer those with great faith to dominate and feed on.

I do know that the Spirit can sometimes be banished for short periods, but that great effort is needed and great favor must be granted by the God or Goddess called on.

I ask that you warn your people, and I respectfully request your assistance.

As one we will succeed,

Lady Winesa Kenders

Grand Dutchess of the Sovereign Isle of the Starkson Protectorate.

--------
"Pharo_IK"

"Eli, please also put out a general notice to all under our banner. they will adhear to the Oath they gave, they will give respect due to those i appoint to positions of trust and rank, and they will give thier honest effort.

any who 'can not' do so need to see me so we can remedy the concern.

any who 'will not' do so need to see me for discharge."

Eli jots down his notes and collects his tools. a bit of polite meaningless chatter is shared and he leaves to attend the needs he has been ordered to.

Wine nibbles on a bit of fruit, then returns to bed with the sincere hope that she can sleep several more hours. beneath her blankets she dreams of a time when she will not have to deal with petty management issues in a hands on manner.

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira

"You know your orders Thaed" Star had made her commander stand in the cold of the Frozen Way for nearly an hour discussing this confidential matter.

"Yes my lady..... do.... do the others know?" He asked with a slight tremor in his voice as he saw the glare with which his general stared at him. He felt an even darker presence in her than usual. He thinks it is because of the news Arillius Devilbane and Major Ellidan gave him concerning Thork Gordaks Death.

Star was definitely changing. The joy in her heart to hear that Myel her father was safely returning to the Keep this week was severely dampered by the news of Thorks death while saving him. "No" she said coldy "and they are not to know. You have your orders and you know I am very busy do you not?" Before she even gave her second in command a chance to answer she continued "To shadows Thaed... now go"

Thaed did what he did so well but with slight hesitation this time. His mouth opened as if he wanted to say something else but the look on Star's face told him to do otherwise. He fell within the shadows as usual so much so that not even Star's superior elven eye sight could detect him.

A tear fell down her cheek and her heart felt heavier than a thousand stones at the thought of Thork's death. She wrapped her cloak around her scantily clad body for the winds that blew along the Frozen Way nearly froze her in place. Instead of using a portal of which she had plenty of she sadly walked one step at a time through the Frozen Way hoping that she would find Gory Wound along the way to tell her of her husbands death. Then she would wait at Zims port for the arrival her father Myel. The boat was do to come in a day ago yet something was causing the delay. "I never even got to tell Thork what I have done" She spoke aloud to herself. "Now that idiot son Mork of his will change the WAR guild forever"

She began to sniff as another tear fell down her eyes. Thoughts of Thork filled her thoughts and the sacrifice he made for Myel. And she continued through the snow allowing the winds to bite at her bare hands one foot at a time.........

Dark Child Thelandira

--------
"VlosBD696"

As she hobbles away from Wine's office the drowess barely nods to those servants and guards that pass her. She was in deep thought, very tired and hurting. The attack on her by Ando had caused her to loose what blood she had recoved from the happenings at the Starkson Temple.

The Blood Magic was working sluggishly and this troubled her greatly. She needed Celantar or Ithadour to assess what damage was done to her from that damn Blood Goddess. Her wings were no were near their normal red instead they were light pink and hung along her back barely moving.

Her mind went over the events of the past few days. Ando's treason and betrayal had gone hard on both Winesa and Ortelassa. Ortel had only gone by Wine's orders she had always tried to work for the good of Starkson to say otherwise hurts her deeply.

She finally reached her rooms and watched the servants putting everything back in place she sighed and walked toward the bedroom. Perhaps if she laid down for a while things would be better.

Suddenly the distance to the room seemed miles away as she heard a servant shout. How odd the floor was against her cheek and her head was hurting. Her arms would not obey her as she tried to push the floor away from herself.

"Collen hurry she's hurt bad. I think she's cracked her head on the tiles when she fell. Get a healer quickly." Shar told him as she put a towel under Ortelassa's head.

She could see that the drowess's brow had been cut open and was bleeding profusely on the tiles. She knew the drowess normally healed quickly, something was wrong and and she was sure that Celantar would be upset over it all.

Ortel tried to move but the darkness was closing in on her and she could not run from it.

"... Lome where is the light you said I would see?"

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira

Commander Thaed took Star's side as she began to chant the words that would activate the wand. A blast of green light shot forth from Stars wand to the middle of the arena floor where Commander Rikler and the hopeful new recruit stood. A wicked smirk plastered itself across Star's face. Now was the chance to see how Riklers training came and for him to prove his worth. If he wanted this fighter Filessa in this guild she wanted to see how the two could work together.

There were many watching the spectical: Ando Reyne, Caedo Operatio, Tonks, Ellidain also known as Ivan the Child Eater, Aiden, Sepiroth and more. "Do not be afraid" Star shouted aloud as he could see fear beginning to swell in the eyes of Rikler and his hopeful recruit.

"They may not pass. Never before have they fought such an enemy" It was Thaed again always giving his cautious advice which Star appreciated very much at times but cared nothing for at other times.
Star had faith in Commander Rikler and was hoping that he would prove to everyone that doubted him that he is worthy to be third in command of this guild.

Still the fear swelled in the twos eyes. The black dragon was still assessing the situation. It had not even made its first move on the two adventurers. Instead it was wondering where he was and how he got himself here. The black dragon steered his eyes toward Star and immediately understood. For this was not the first time she had called upon him. Shadowlyxstarx (also known as Shadow Star) the black dragon of Star then turned his gaze back to the two adventureres in the ring. He bent his huge neck down and stared each of them slowly in the eyes. Back and forth between the two did his gaze fall.

Rikler let fear take him first. He dropped his sword and fell to the ground. "Do not be afraid. Forget the sword and use what you use best Rikler. Magic!!" Star emphazised this again and again trying to encourage him. It was not very long after that that Felissa tried to hide in the shadows. Not wize against a dragon who can hear every step you take. Immediately Felissa slipped from the shadows and she too was overtaken by fear. The hopeful recruit ran in the corner and tried to hide to no avail.

"Now" Shadow Star said aloud. His voice hissed and green acid fell from his teeth unto his tongue. He was ready to strike.

Dark Child Thelandira now extremely frustrated, disappointed, and mad reached for her bow to take the great beast down. "Blast" she thought. "These acid arrows will be uneffective on a black dragon" She was running out of time.

Shadow Star inhaled a breath so large that it could be heard even within the Keep. The great black dragon spread his wings out to keep balance while before he spout out a great green acid blast at the two adventureres. Star Childs response was ever to slow but thanks be to Lia another guild member responded with great speed. It was so unexpected yet at the same time a pleasant surprise. Captain Ivan the Child Eating dwarf jumped from his seat and into the ring with his axe hacking at the dragons legs. The dragon screamed in agony and choked on his own acid blast. Caedo Operatio then drew her blades and joined the attack. The dragon fought valiantly and Caedo soon fell. It was Ivan who swung the final blow that sent the dragon back into the wand where it came from back to its homeland. Star picked up the wand which was now on the ground and smiled at the boastful dwarf who had saved the day. Then she frowned at the disappointment of her men.

Ando Reyne began to shout insults to Star about her cowardly commanders. Star shrugged him off. "Dont you have some Starkson business to attend to." She said as she made her way to the middle of the arena to confront her fallen commrades.

"Not when you have been accused of treason by Ortel" Ando replied and then he let more insults fly out of his mouth.

Star wondered how the ever so great Ando Reyne could ever uphold such a vicious accusation. But there were greater matters at hand. With a look on her face that instilled more fear far greater than the dragon before, Star made her way to face her commander. She didnt even have to say a word. Commander Rikler, now ashamed bowed his head down and slowly walked out of the arena. Felissa stood to hear judgement by Star and Ando's insults failed to cease from the stands.

Dark Child Thelandira

--------
"VlosBD696"

The drowess hovered between the darkness and the grey light.

Her eyes blinked - People came and went from the room watching and waiting.

Her eyes blinked again - Her daughter's cold hand touched her brow then held her hand and waited.

Her eyes blinked again - Celantar was there then gone only to return again.

With every blink it all changed. She had no idea how long it really was between blinks. Minutes, hours, days?

A few moments of light when her eyes are close always with the nightmare of seeing the knight killing the child then ends with him telling her she murdered his daughter - hypocrite she mutters to herself. Then she turns towards the darkness.

It's always there the darkness to fill the gaps it never left her.

--------
"ST_DM_Myle"

"Yer sure? Kazzie inside da Stark'n"

"Ya! Wit a few of 'im demons ta boot. I lef out in a 'urry!"

"Yer say'n that Kazzie and dat winged god..um what's his name."

"Celantar. (Leans to his freind and whispers) Some call him da winged goat. (Looks around fearfully fora moment then grins proud of himself.) Not that I'd do so myself.

"Yer know'n better din ta talk about dah gods like that. Yer gonna get us both kilt!"

"Nah, 'sides, I heard dim talking later about what happen. Want tah hear it or not?"

"Yer know I do! Stop yer stall'n."

"Kazzie showed up like he owned dah place. Kin ya imagine. I betcha the ol' gal upstairs is gonna raise da roof when she hears. Anyways, he, Kazzie that is, he actaully touched both der kids. *He shudders before getting back to his tale* Seems der kids were sick causeof somethin he did a while back."

"What?! Yer mist it? Kazzie put someting in Celantar's lit'l drow girls belly. *Smirks* Drow girls 'ave all dah fun it seems! *Snorts and yells as a bit of ale shoots out his nose* AAGH! Curses that hurts!"

"Here yer worried about me call'n a god agoat and all ya do is smarty about a drow and yer do'n yerself in *Laughs*"

"Just shut yerself... *Wipes his face and points at his friend* Yer goat cursed Lady Wynters child, Kazra's own! Right aft dat battle out in da wastes. Day beat the Kazzies, den Celantar curses Kazra's child!"

"Like I were saying, Kazra show'd up and healed'm up. I didn't even know Kazra could fix things. I jus thought he messed things up."

"Yer firgetten, 'is a god. He does what he wants pretty much. Just cause 'e donna heal donna mean 'e cant."

"Well, whatev'r it be. Kazra and Celantar, both lift'd der curses."

"What about dat Blood Goddess thing? Have ya ov'r heard anything about it?"

"Jus that 'r grace turned to one of them *Makes wiggly fingers infront if his face* things and ripped a vampires head off that work'n fer it. They are be'n all hush, hush."

"Yer should ask around more. Seems that glowy light thing is being blamed fer it all...."

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake

Wynter wakes abruptly out of her sleep. It was not noise that woke her however, but the lack of. The crying had stopped. Her son, now one and a half years old, was completely silent. The dead silence of the room is what made Wynter rise quickly from her bed.

Was Orion dead? Had Calentars sickness finally killed him?

Blood dripped from Orion Kazurus Lake's crib. "That damn goat god and his whore Starkson." She said as she ran to Orion's crib fearing the worst. "That bitch Ortel will pay and her children" Wynter, with tears frozen on her cheeks reached out to her son's body.

To Wynter's surprise the body was still warm. She felt the warm pulse of blood upon her cold fingers. "Could this be....... He is not dead. He is...." She held her son away from her should she could look at him. Orion's eyes opened red as fire just like his father Kazra. "alive". Suddenly Wynter felt a godly presence enter the room. Her first instinct was to bow down in worship. Her second instinct prevented her as she realized that she was visited again by her lover.

"He has my eyes." Kazra's voice was dark yet full of passion. His words resounded upon Wynters brain as if he had been speaking within 1000 deep caverns of the underdark. "I have lifted the curse off of Calentars children to save the life of my own." All Wynter could see was the red eyes of Kazra walk the length of the room back and forth. She switched her gaze back and forth upon the eyes of Orion and the eyes of Kazra. Both of their presence's warmed with intense heat which made Wynter quite uncomfortable. The cleric of Kazra and coldness could not take the firey heat that dwelled within the father and son.

Wynter held the baby out. "You hold him... he is your son and this is your first time seeing him.

"Nay". The dark voice said. "I have saved his life. That is enough." The red eyes squinted and finally the outline of his shadow began to become visibel in the dark room " See to it that he meets his sister."

Wynter sorely dissappointed at Kazra's lack of affection to their own son replied."Sister?"

"Naobi........."

Wynter had only one run in with Naobi and did not want another one. Nor did she want to displease her god..... her lover.... the father of her child. She slowly began to pack her things and with the warm one year old in her hands she set out to find his sister. For what reason she did not know but she would not disobey Lord Kazra father of shadow and hell.

Kazra's presence, as it had done before, faded back into darkness

Wynter Lake

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira:

Star looked over the blood splattered arena floor from the tournament judge's stand. She liked it here for some reason. She had more meetings here than anyplace else. She longed for a guild house. Star shuffled her bank statements around counting them over and over again. "4 million gold will not due for a home worthy of our name.

Footsteps. At first Star thought it was Thaed entering the arena but her elven sense of hearing discerned that the footsteps were too heavy. "human" she said to herself "and well armored". It was her war cleric Berforam. The clerics in her guild had done well in their training. Michelle, or Mimi as they call her has excelled in healing while Berforam on the other hand specialized in war. Zeal Evilstorm was too much like her father Rikler, she loved her cleric spells as much as Rikler loved his mage spells, but Star didnt mind that.

"Captain Berforam" she gave him his proper recoginition.

"I have a donation for the house and idea that may stir things up a bit"

Star was more interested in the donation at the time. She had other things to worry about on her mind. She had been quite upset lately after her father Myel, only being in town for two days, gave her hand in marraige to Mork the son Thork. Berforam could read her attitude but persisted anyway.

"Guild business" He said hoping to incline her ear. "A tournament to test the how far we have come along in our training and teamwork."

Star raised an eyebrow. "An excellent idea" she said in a monotonous voice. It seemed as though she was not interested as all. However she was. "Gather the men together and pair them off. One greater with one lesser. Understand. Tell them that they will need to use their specialty and their wits. Only the best will be rewarded. Now be on your way I have..... some things to take care of."

"What of the winners. What will be their reward?"

Star took a moment to consider Berforams queston. She wondered why he did not immediately obey her command to to leave. She simply lifted the wand she kept strapped to her leg and said one word. "Shadowlyxstarx"

Berforam understood and without hesitation left the arena just as noisily as he came to carry out Stars orders. A tournament for the brotherhood.

Dark Child Thelandira

--------
"VlosBD696"

She felt foolish as the pain filled her shoulder and side. The golems were searching the fortress for her. They had found her once and had surprised her and now her arm hung useless at her side unable to hold her golden sword. The blood from the long cut was still slowly flowing, she had tried to stop it but the slash went from the top of her shoulder down her side. There was just too much area for her one hand to staunch. She had tried to find a vial of healing in her bags but the one she had found fell from her fingers and slid across the frozen floor and right next to a golem. She had quietly pressed herself into the shadows and was able to escape it seeing her.

Why was she here? Her mind tried to remember as she hide in the shadows. She remembered talking to the Witch in the Mage Tower. She remembered there were several people there with them she could feel their emotions except for the void around the Witch. Celantar had done just what Nata had wanted and cut off the link totally so much so that she was a void to her now. She remembered their talk and how Nata's words were flat, uncaring full of annoyance that Ortelassa was bothering her. As soon as she was finished the drowess left, she looked around and only felt that she wanted to be alone. She had gone to the Keep and found a portal open to the Mystic Cave. That was a good place to be alone with her thoughts she entered the portal and found the forge empty, she had wandered outside into the bitter cold. How could Nata stand this cold she thought to herself. Looking around she saw the fortress. It offered some shelter so she went there and wandered its halls. It was not until she had reached deep into the fortress that the golems had become active.

Cenatar had told her over and over again that she needed to let her magic feed and rebuild. She should have gone to the Keep and the tree there to sit and drank up the emotions that flowed around. She had tried to heal his shoulder when Nao had attacked him but she had not been able to do anything, and when Vall had attacked her it had taken Celantar to heal a wound that the Blood Magic should of healed easy. Pain again lanced through her shoulder as she moved the wrong way. She needed a portal but she could not pull out her book to summon one. She put her staff on the ground again and tried to feel through her bags for something that could help her then her fingers fell on Kree's bottle.

Painfully she uncorked the bottle letting the small pixie out. Kree' flew about her little pixie voice clucking like a mother hen over a hurt chick. The drowess looked worries as Kree's voice went up in volume she tried with her hand to signal the pixie to be quiet, then she heard it the metal clank of a golem coming down the hallway. She did the only thing she could do and that was to cast a quick spell and send the pixie outside, she quickly sent a mental command to Kree' as the spell took hold for her to get help. Then she grabbed her staff and crawled further into the shadows and prayed the golem would not see her. A trail of blood froze in place on the icy ground pointing the way to her hiding place.

--------
"Gibbo"

Kree had told her all she needed to know. A general location.

To an on looker, it was as though hell visited the Maug Fortress that bitterly cold night.

The great metal doors that were fastened shut to prevent an intruder from escaping now were flung open with such force that the noise clanged through the entire fortress and Frozen Way. The posted construct guards turned on a dime to intercept the new intruder to their fortress, but she was already upon them like an angel of death. Sparks flew as scythe sliced through the cold iron of the Maug. Another squad was rushing towards her as she stood hunched over the scrap metal of those who got in her way. She straightened her posture, and summoned to her command enough magicks to melt the entire squad where they stood. The molten goo hissed and steamed on the icy floor of the fortress as she rushed by, and soon picked up a trail of frozen blood. Only a few drops here and there, but then it was like a thin line of it through the shadows. Another entered the fortress at that time, and soon both of them found the drowess huddled in some corner, unmoving and looking like a bloody and frozen mess.

Another Maug turned the corner to attack the group, and was promptly annihilated.

The archmage knelt beside the drowess once she realized the drowess was at least alive.

"You don't have to be here, you're quite busy," the drowess said weakly.

"I'd rather be here, actually," was the reply as the wizardress made a very hastened attempt to stop the bleeding. The other mage cast a spell to protect the drowess from the cold, at least stopping any further damage. The wizardress fashioned a make-shift sling from a few bandages, and soon enough, the three of them jumped to the temple where they sat for a while.

The drowess took it all in, the feelings of people going about their business. A paladin joined them and the other mage left them. The drowess and the archmage spoke a while, one pleaded with the other to take some blood from somewhere, but it was a futile attempt in the end. It seemed as though the drowess was trying to convince the witch to use and develop her own blood magic ...

The witch had been warned by many that it can only bring suffering and pain. The benefits of wielding such a bastardized form of magic were gravely overshadowed by the possibility for diaster. She had seen it for herself... was seeing it. Over and over. She wanted nothing to do with it, but smiled and nodded and said she would consider it just to comfort the drowess.

----

Later the magelings that were working on the secret project: Apparatus, with the witch commented on that evenings happenings.

"She's batty! Completely off her spellbook. One day she has us working like dogs, then the next she treats us to dinner? Then we're all killed by her damned friends?!!"

"At least her and the lovely Caster Eclipse raised us afterwards..."

"Shut up, Miguel.. you're going to mess up one of those calibrations if you keep staring at Caster Eclipse's... twin-bladed swords..."

"I am NOT, Hanz!"

"Guys... you're going to make me laugh when I'm drinking here... "

"Last time you did that it was with an invisibility potion and you shot it out of your nose right on your latest thesis report. Hahah! That was good, you spent like a day trying to find that stupid paper and it was right on your desk the whole time"

"Good times..."

They all sigh in fond memories and there's a small moment of silence.

"So, what was up with the archmage tonight? She really railed on us... then came by and apologized for the whole thing and gave us a bonus??? Maybe she really is losing it."

"I think it was just a show for her friends. That silver-tongued paladin friend of hers was there and so was the Minister. You know she has to keep her image up."

"Wait, which paladin? -The- paladin? I didn't think he was allowed in this part of the castle.."

"No, numb-skull, not that one. One of her long time friends. I've seen him and Caster Kretch with her a lot a couple years ago. Dying Again, or something like that."

One of them laughs.. "No way... that's his name?"

"I heard the Sovereign talking about him like that once, and the Minister. I guess it's true"

"Well, whatever, I'm so glad the damned project is finally at its final stages. The archmage hasn't asked us to do anything in a while."

"I heard she took some short-leave to another kingdom."

"Oh, well, whatever. At least I'm getting paid well for this."

"Yeah, and you get to look at Caster Eclipse all day."

"SHUT UP, HANZ!!!"

--------
"Gibbo"

Reports of serious kidnapping finally make it around the whole of the keep after quite some time. The reports seem to be confirmed by the large number of people that were involved. It seems that one of the leaders of the Arcane Order was captured by a massive and powerful dracolich while she was meditating in seclusion.

A massive search group was assembled and entered what are only known as the Crypts of Sorrow. The group fought tooth and nail against hordes of monsterous undead as one very useless damsel sat with the dracolich on an isolated island surrounded by void.

Once the rescue group found this island, there was a massive fight between the undead and the living, most of both sides ended up dying horrible and painful deaths. The archmage was found, dead, trapped in a circle of large spires. It seems she was killed in an explosion during the battle, however she was quickly raised by the group's clerical support and soon after the group left the crypts once all were accounted for.

--------
"Nivek"

Have the MERCS disbanded? If so, why? Was our guild house ever built? So many questions...???

Thaed has been wondering around the lands of Blackstone in the hopes of finding his fellow Mercs. He thought that he saw Rickler, but it was only some lowly Human in disguise. Then he caught a glimps of Dark Child but by the time he got to the area she was at, Dark Child had disappeared without a trace.

Thaed has returned to his aimless wondering in hopes of finding his friends or a grand adventure.

--------
"Star Child"

Star Child Thelandira

"How many times must we go over this Overlord" Star looked at the Keep's overlord with her usual dark scowl. The wizard Hand Xilo stood behind her protectively as always. He still felt the need to watch over the young elf even though her father, Myel Damy was back from The Nine Hells to look over his daughter. Hand was particullarly worried in the way that Star spoke to the Overlord. She could be quite impatient and brash. "I dont see what the problem is. Hand drew the diagrams over and over and you still take your sweet time in sending construction crews?!"

"There is much construction of many guild houses to be done around the Keep Star Child. You can either build the damn guild house yourself or wait on me" The Overlord spoke very candidly and calmly in his usual nonchalant manner.

Hand Xilo looked at Star with worry as he saw her arise from the desk. She was breathing heavily with frustration and irritation. Her elven eyes narrowed in anger and she with a quickness and nimbleness drew Li Silith one of the rapiers forged in the 4th level of hell. She slammed the blade down through Hand's blueprints of the MERC guild house and into the table where the Overlord sat. The acidic aura dripped from the blade burning holes both in the paper and the desk itself. Hands eyes widened and began to try to remember some protective spells for he knew that the Overlord would definitely try to have them both killed for such insolence. The Overlords men all drew their shiny great swords and waited in anticipation and bloodlust for the green skinned elf girl to make her first move. Star heard the spidery words of magic being whispered behind her and began to feel her skin turn hard as the stone that she stood on. Hand had cast a stone skin spell on her for her own protection. The Overlord however did not blink an eye, nor reach for his sword, nor even move a muscle. He just stared uncaringly into the eyes of the elven girl as her blade stood upright slowly burning a hole throught the middle of his desk.

"Do you know what I have gone through for this" leaning her face over the desk closer to the Overlord's face. " I fought vampires for nearly two weeks straight and nearly died! I have asked my own men to put their lives at risk to gather up more money for this house! I have meeting after meeting after meeting trying to recruit more and more mercanaries all for a place to call home and you sit there as if you dont give a Sh#@!!! I have sat in this office of yours so long that my men are sending out search teams to try and find out what happened to me. They talk in the corners and alleys at night wondering if I have abandoned them or if I am dead and all you can do is Tell me is to wait on you or build it myself!!" Star was fed up. Judgeing by the robust builds and large swords of the Overlord's men Hand knew that his stone skin spell nor any of the spells that he could remember at the moment would help them much. Sweat began to drip down Hand Xilo's face but otherwise his outword appearance was less nervoous then his inside would let on. He thought Star's mouth had surely done it this time. Then the Overlords own wizard came down the steps wonering what the commotion was all about. It was the Mystic Mage of the Town of Trinsic.

"Hustle and butles and all ruckus.
by the gods whats all the fuss?"

The mystic mage always seemed to rhym his phrases.

"Nothing." said the Overlord "Star Child was just leaving is all" again uncaring and twittling his thumbs slowly. "Go be with your guild members Star. They miss you"

Star was astonished that the Keeps Overlord had nothing to say. In fact he had very little reaction at all!

"Dont forget you blade..."

Dark Child Thelandira

--------