No ant loot

Report any bugs you find here.
SmileForFun
Commoner
Commoner

No ant loot

Post by SmileForFun »

The last day I was hunting the Ants together with Boo. Went all the way from level 14-27 with him without finding any loot. Same happened today when I went to solo the place, 2 levels later, still no loot.

Anyways, best if you know.

Edit: Tried hunting waste dragons, they drop loot no problem.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: No ant loot

Post by DM_Avalon »

Same issue in ants with several players of varying levels
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not enough players are dieing in the ants, how do you think they get their treasure?

I will look into it.

-driller
DM_Avalon wrote:Same issue in ants with several players of varying levels
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

Seems to be working as usual now ... Thankyou
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

driller wrote:Not enough players are dieing in the ants, how do you think they get their treasure?

I will look into it.

-driller

Your right Driller , for years now ants have been the killing fields for xp and gear . The temptation is too much for most players , With only 11th level gear you can go to ants and level to 30 w/o fear of dying..If you have PM lvls you won't even take damage . I remember when you had the damage immunity cap at 35% , a shame it was so CPU intensive . I have a suggestion and thats to have the ants do slash/blud damage , after all I would assume an ants mandible would crush as well as cut . Another option is to let the ants in the hive out in the wastes .While we're on the subject I'd like to see socketed weapons imbued with extra melee damage (blud/slash or pierce) Then weapon choice would be on a level field . One of the things I've seen I like best since you brought the mod back is umgah captains using morning stars , one little thing like that changed how people face Nethris .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

When you say socketed weapons have extra melee damage, you mean by default?

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:
driller wrote:Not enough players are dieing in the ants, how do you think they get their treasure?

I will look into it.

-driller

Your right Driller , for years now ants have been the killing fields for xp and gear . The temptation is too much for most players , With only 11th level gear you can go to ants and level to 30 w/o fear of dying..If you have PM lvls you won't even take damage . I remember when you had the damage immunity cap at 35% , a shame it was so CPU intensive . I have a suggestion and thats to have the ants do slash/blud damage , after all I would assume an ants mandible would crush as well as cut . Another option is to let the ants in the hive out in the wastes .While we're on the subject I'd like to see socketed weapons imbued with extra melee damage (blud/slash or pierce) Then weapon choice would be on a level field . One of the things I've seen I like best since you brought the mod back is umgah captains using morning stars , one little thing like that changed how people face Nethris .
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Default maybe not but I guess you could find a suitable place to sell them . They don't add any extra damage they just add an extra type or damage like morning stars do both pierce/blud damages . Even with the added property its still a level one weapon . It wouldn't do a thing really other than bypass something/someone with say 75% slash or blud or pierce immunity . Its a really cool and really simple addition that works around insane damage immunities .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am not sure if that is possible.

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:Default maybe not but I guess you could find a suitable place to sell them . They don't add any extra damage they just add an extra type or damage like morning stars do both pierce/blud damages . Even with the added property its still a level one weapon . It wouldn't do a thing really other than bypass something/someone with say 75% slash or blud or pierce immunity . Its a really cool and really simple addition that works around insane damage immunities .
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Was worth a shot . I already have several drop items with 'extra melee damage bludgeoning' and I also found a flail once that was socketed and had massive criticals already on it so I thought it might be possible .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can add an extra property, but not an inherent one like morning stars have.

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:Was worth a shot . I already have several drop items with 'extra melee damage bludgeoning' and I also found a flail once that was socketed and had massive criticals already on it so I thought it might be possible .
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Hive gaurds in the wastes?!? Huzzah !! Love it ! "Release the Kracken Driller !"
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I agree about the ants, I adjusted them a bit to make them more dangerous, if it is to much let me know.

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:

I will look into it.

-driller

TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

I've gotten the cold shoulder about pushing for this but I think it was for the best . you can go ahead and get ready for complaints about it but I know somewhere DM Myles is giving me the most slightest of nods in agreement to this ( Like Pei Mei in Kill Bill I'm sure ) . the fact is people were grinding out character so fast they never took time to develop or RP them . BSK has always been easy going and liberal with the XP but 15 levels in 4 hours was never the intent (I presume) . What I posted about the ants was my opinion and mine alone I don't think my opinion should be the law of the land but I've played here long enough to post my opinion about it...I'll come clean..Lobbyist for the Druids of Talrash showed up with a big screen TV and boat loads of cash..they said they were lonely cause no one ever came around anymore and asked me to do something about it. At least now I can sleep better at night for having said that .
Arial_the_Destroyer
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arial_the_Destroyer »

Spent a time in the ants with my lvl 21 dwarf .... no loot drops at all during my time there.
Arial Le'fentholin
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

TropicOfCancer wrote:I've gotten the cold shoulder about pushing for this but I think it was for the best . you can go ahead and get ready for complaints about it but I know somewhere DM Myles is giving me the most slightest of nods in agreement to this ( Like Pei Mei in Kill Bill I'm sure ) . the fact is people were grinding out character so fast they never took time to develop or RP them . BSK has always been easy going and liberal with the XP but 15 levels in 4 hours was never the intent (I presume) . What I posted about the ants was my opinion and mine alone I don't think my opinion should be the law of the land but I've played here long enough to post my opinion about it...I'll come clean..Lobbyist for the Druids of Talrash showed up with a big screen TV and boat loads of cash..they said they were lonely cause no one ever came around anymore and asked me to do something about it. At least now I can sleep better at night for having said that .
ToC your suggestions are spot on. The ant's should do bash damage on their KD attempt, if possible. They also have a stinger which is pierce, so all three types not unreasonable. But it needs to be balanced by obtainable gear for the player. Perhaps a series of belts with 10/5 resistance in various combinations or even 15/10 belts which you can get at Akon's or dropped by the Umgahs. Another possibility is having 2 socket's on helm, but you can't put 2 of the same sockets on it so no 10% immunity. Are the 10% immunity helms still in the loot table? They used to be. Make the helm a special drop like the BSK hood. Play balance is important. If you make it too hard people go someplace else and I mean another server.