Player Quests

Post suggestions for improvements here.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Player Quests

Post by DM_Avalon »

It's come to my attention that players are collecting and turning in player quests while still in party. Doing this affects ALL party members, and unless they are standing beside you when you turn in the quest .. they will not receive the xp and gold reward. Also it completes the quest in their journal so they have no opportunity to complete the quest for themselves.

To save a swarm of complaints to DM's about this ... would players please be considerate to the rest of the party and ask before taking quests ... or if in doubt drop party and ask for a re-invite once you are done.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Quests

Post by driller »

Actually, I have looked at this, but not sure why it is happening. The code always checks to see if whether you have completed the previous quests, if any. It also makes sure that you have the quest in progress before giving the reward or setting the journal. I will probably need some help to test in a party.

-driller

DM_Avalon wrote:It's come to my attention that players are collecting and turning in player quests while still in party. Doing this affects ALL party members, and unless they are standing beside you when you turn in the quest .. they will not receive the xp and gold reward. Also it completes the quest in their journal so they have no opportunity to complete the quest for themselves.

To save a swarm of complaints to DM's about this ... would players please be considerate to the rest of the party and ask before taking quests ... or if in doubt drop party and ask for a re-invite once you are done.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Player Quests

Post by Capt Cliff »

I can lend a hand if you need help. I have a guy now at 10th lvl.