BSK1 - Can't Log On

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

BSK1 - Can't Log On

Post by Capt Cliff »

I am attempting to login after the 1:00 pm PST reset today but to no avail. The master server is down so no Gamespy. The BSK server is in the list but you can not connect and eventually you time out. Server update as well?

Oh, my last attempt to logon I did not get a time out ... it just sits there. After 5 min I gave up.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BSK1 - Can't Log On

Post by driller »

The server is set to allow login if it can validate your account via your public CD key stored in the server's nwnplayer.ini.

For some reason this isn't working. If I turn it off, it means anyone can log on as you and delete all your characters if they wanted. Better to wait until the master server comes back up.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I am attempting to login after the 1:00 pm PST reset today but to no avail. The master server is down so no Gamespy. The BSK server is in the list but you can not connect and eventually you time out. Server update as well?

Oh, my last attempt to logon I did not get a time out ... it just sits there. After 5 min I gave up.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ah, ok ... thanks for the explanation.

Oh, is this something you recently did, with this INI file? Because I remember in the past being able to log on to BSK1 when the Gamespy master server was down.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

A few players had issues logging in. It seemed that Gamespy was a little messed up at the time. I know 2 or 3 players had to make several attempts to log, and others had to give up after almost 40 miutes of trying. So you're not the only one affected.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Thanks Avalon, good to know.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count

Post by DM_Avalon »

I've been looking around the web (good dose of insomnia for me tonight) and have found nothing but complaints from players about the Gamespy master server. So far I've not seen anything from Gamespy ... informing us all of what is happening. I sat in chat on NWN1 and NWN2, and heard complaints from many players. Their friends had got into their respective servers ... but they were left out in chat with hours of failed attempts to log in.

I've wondered if it is something to do with the recent Bioware hacking *shrugs*. Lots of angry players are saying many different things.

Lets hope it's sorted soon
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Looks like it is back up now. Here is Bioware's notice about it.

http://social.bioware.com/url%3Dhttp:/s ... 706-1.html

-driller
DM_Avalon wrote:I've been looking around the web (good dose of insomnia for me tonight) and have found nothing but complaints from players about the Gamespy master server. So far I've not seen anything from Gamespy ... informing us all of what is happening. I sat in chat on NWN1 and NWN2, and heard complaints from many players. Their friends had got into their respective servers ... but they were left out in chat with hours of failed attempts to log in.

I've wondered if it is something to do with the recent Bioware hacking *shrugs*. Lots of angry players are saying many different things.

Lets hope it's sorted soon
DM_Avalon
Count
Count

Post by DM_Avalon »

Seems the issue is still with us. I've tried to log and I get the message ''Gamespy Disconnected''. I get to the page of favorites and history, but am unable to log onto BSK. It says ''Attempting to find server. Server found. Attempting to log in'' But I'm left sitting here forever, before it either times me out or I get bored.

I'll keep scouring the web for some kind of answer

I've been trying over and over with my player accounts .... seems I have to wait at the list of servers, until BSK is highlighted. Oddly the ping registers zero. But when I hit 'direct connect' I can log in (takes a couple of minutes).

If Gamespy 'disconnects' and won't show you the server list, retry until it does. It IS possible to log onto BSK. I've done it.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Still "no joy" on trying to logon on ... even with direct connection. The Gamespy master server is still down. No word on that link driller posted as to when their "fix" will be in place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If this keeps up, I will see what I can do about a workaround.

-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I am able to log onto Amia, but they may not require the ini check for logon on.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is pretty easy to test. Log in with a friend's account with a made up password and let me know if you still get in.
If the ini file check is working, then you will not be able to log in as your friend because the stored CD keys won't match.

If you can log in, then it means anyone could log in as you are anyone else. That's bad.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I am able to log onto Amia, but they may not require the ini check for logon on.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count

Post by DM_Avalon »

It's weird ... some people can log .. other's can't. I know Arial and pipo nr 1 were in game earlier today. Arial was able to log back in, but pipo had issues and was timed out constantly. Another player had no success from the start.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count

Post by DM_Avalon »

I've been finding a few ideas on solutions for players ... and I've tested a few.
Most successful is logging as usual to Gamespy, then going to 'Favorites' or 'History'.
Select BSK and 'direct Connect'.
Wait 10 - 15 seconds then hit 'Cancel' then attempt to connect again.

Rinse and repeat. You should be lucky and log onto BSK.

The number of attempts varies. I've succeeded on my first attempt ... then had to try over and over for success.
I created a new account to test and it worked after 5 attempts. As for my regular accounts ... 3 or 4 tries and I was in.

Please be patient and don't give up trying if you want to play.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:It is pretty easy to test. Log in with a friend's account with a made up password and let me know if you still get in.
If the ini file check is working, then you will not be able to log in as your friend because the stored CD keys won't match.

If you can log in, then it means anyone could log in as you are anyone else. That's bad.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I am able to log onto Amia, but they may not require the ini check for logon on.

Not sure what you mean ... "with a fiend's account and a made up password" ... that from the get go?

Ok, I have two accounts, Capt Cliff and Ensign Pulver. So I logged in as Ensign Pulver with a bogus password 12345678. I got in past the Gamespy initial page, no master server. I tried to log onto BSK and it errored out saying it couldn't verify my password ... yadda yadda yadda ... but I was able to log onto Amia!!

Dam I see 2 people on but still can't log on. I have 2 PC's and neither one can access BSK. Now my Ensign Pulver account on the machine I experimented with the bogus password continues to give me an error out message from the BSK server even if I enter the correct Bioware password. But if I use my other machine with the Ensign Pulver account I don't get the BSK server password error out I just can't log on, but direct access or otherwise.

Yeah the CD key for the program on my 1 PC with my Ensign Pulver account has been locked out by the BSK server. Using my #2 machine and another CD key with thethe Ensign Pulver account the BSK server does not error out but I still can't log on. I can log onto other servers but not BSK.
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.