Blackstone 1 update

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blackstone 1 update

Post by driller »

I removed the Underdark because it really served no purpose. The Umgahs are still there, they will be a secret area to find.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:No Underdark?

No Umgahs?? :cry:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ah ... ok ... I'll have to start looking.

Oh, I have a magic cube in my inventory. But it's now a big red X. What should I do with it? I think I can't drop it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I still need to fix that one.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Ah ... ok ... I'll have to start looking.

Oh, I have a magic cube in my inventory. But it's now a big red X. What should I do with it? I think I can't drop it.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Can you provide any insite as to why you dropped the haks? Faster game play? Lag? You might want to put a sign on the pier explaining why for noobie's.

Oh, I believe one of my toons has the Urn quest but those areas are gone. Is it some place else?

An what of Shally? Is the 7th Shrine in a new area? If you not finished, not a problem, just wondering.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I wanted to make it easier for people to join considering NWN population is so low.
The Urn quest was combined with the Orc Golden Orb quest. If I remember correctly, I think I put it in the Far Waste.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Can you provide any insite as to why you dropped the haks? Faster game play? Lag? You might want to put a sign on the pier explaining why for noobie's.

Oh, I believe one of my toons has the Urn quest but those areas are gone. Is it some place else?

An what of Shally? Is the 7th Shrine in a new area? If you not finished, not a problem, just wondering.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Crunk the Frost Giant quest is broken. I got the head, the guy gives me a great news and accept reward speech but zippo!!

BTW, the Urn quest in my journal still tells me to head west into the forest.

Also, minor CEP problem but the waste quest giver has only a head and hands. You need to recraft her robe.

If there are trolls in the long passage they are not showing up. Also no ants in the southern waste or the trigger isn't firing. I like the new monsters in the ant hive.

Do the haks add crafting or is that handled through CEP. I lost my favorite helm configuration for my DD. The rapier craft options is really scant. Half the game is tricking up your guy to make him look cool. IMHO.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.I will check the Crunk quest.
2.I will remove the urn from the journal.
3.Gulwyn will be fixed.
4.The trolls are in the Troll's Nest in the Northern Dark Forest, they have their CR adjusted of course.
5.There is still crafting, but the items available are less now of course.

Thanks,
-driller

Capt Cliff wrote:Crunk the Frost Giant quest is broken. I got the head, the guy gives me a great news and accept reward speech but zippo!!

BTW, the Urn quest in my journal still tells me to head west into the forest.

Also, minor CEP problem but the waste quest giver has only a head and hands. You need to recraft her robe.

If there are trolls in the long passage they are not showing up. Also no ants in the southern waste or the trigger isn't firing. I like the new monsters in the ant hive.

Do the haks add crafting or is that handled through CEP. I lost my favorite helm configuration for my DD. The rapier craft options is really scant. Half the game is tricking up your guy to make him look cool. IMHO.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

There seems to be a problem with your nerfing script for armor. Some of my 25% armor gets nerfed to 0nly 10%. Some gets a +1 AC added. But that's the hitch in the giddy-up. I now have some armor with 10% but with 3 +1 AC on it. Seems to have increased by one each time I kogged on. Now I had cleric AC buff on the armror if that's any help. I just tested it. It seems the nerfy script replaces the +5 magic vestment cleric buff with a hard +1 AC on the armor. So now I have some armor with 1, 2 and 3 +1 AC stats on them.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will look at it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:There seems to be a problem with your nerfing script for armor. Some of my 25% armor gets nerfed to 0nly 10%. Some gets a +1 AC added. But that's the hitch in the giddy-up. I now have some armor with 10% but with 3 +1 AC on it. Seems to have increased by one each time I kogged on. Now I had cleric AC buff on the armror if that's any help. I just tested it. It seems the nerfy script replaces the +5 magic vestment cleric buff with a hard +1 AC on the armor. So now I have some armor with 1, 2 and 3 +1 AC stats on them.
EdmundBlack
Commoner
Commoner

Post by EdmundBlack »

driller, give it up already. You killed bsk1 when you decided to lose everyones character saves, thousands of hours worth of creative gameplay lost. Why? Pray, do tell.

This is your server driller, and it is / was a damn good one, but its the players that breathe life into any server and now you have none. You only have yourself to blame, it was you who lost our characters. Careless.

Time to move on, BSK was great and I have good memories of my time playing there.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Why not?

-driller

EdmundBlack wrote:driller, give it up already. You killed bsk1 when you decided to lose everyones character saves, thousands of hours worth of creative gameplay lost. Why? Pray, do tell.

This is your server driller, and it is / was a damn good one, but its the players that breathe life into any server and now you have none. You only have yourself to blame, it was you who lost our characters. Careless.

Time to move on, BSK was great and I have good memories of my time playing there.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I agree with driller. Why not? BSK was a creative server and with some more creative juices can once again be a place to play and role play, and have fun.

Edmund data is lost or destroyed, it happens. So your uber player charactor with max stats and who is impossible to kill is gone, get over it. Driller already has added some new twists that show promise. You might want to show your support and play on the new BSK, and make suggestions instead of na-saying. But people are who they are. IMHO.

driller wrote:Why not?

-driller

EdmundBlack wrote:driller, give it up already. You killed bsk1 when you decided to lose everyones character saves, thousands of hours worth of creative gameplay lost. Why? Pray, do tell.

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I checked out the trolls in the north dark forest. They don't give xp when you kill them.

A suggestion; redo the cave ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It was basically just a bunch of huge areas with not much in them. I have saved the relevant ones which will be secret areas.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:No Underdark?

No Umgahs?? :cry:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Let me know when you sort this out. I have a couple set's of armor with multiple +1 AC on them. I'll need to get them fixed.

Oh, do socketed armor have 3 slots but now you can only fill 2 with immunity or are they now only 2 socket slots on armor?
driller wrote:I will look at it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:There seems to be a problem with your nerfing script for armor. Some of my 25% armor gets nerfed to 0nly 10%. Some gets a +1 AC added. But that's the hitch in the giddy-up. I now have some armor with 10% but with 3 +1 AC on it. Seems to have increased by one each time I kogged on. Now I had cleric AC buff on the armror if that's any help. I just tested it. It seems the nerfy script replaces the +5 magic vestment cleric buff with a hard +1 AC on the armor. So now I have some armor with 1, 2 and 3 +1 AC stats on them.