Something to Look forward to

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Something to Look forward to

Post by walkercubed »

Is there a bank? Any other towns beyond the Keep itself? Can someone suggest how to get the non-fighter types up in levels? Why did my first character get a magic item he couldn't use and then the second character got very basic gear?

Why is the area map so tiny on my main character but large on the second character. Then when i deleted the first character (it seemed unfair to have a major magic item) the area map is now small on the remaining character.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Something to Look forward to

Post by driller »

1.No bank, but there is a chest that you can store items in persistently.
2.Yes.
3.Hire a henchman in the Keep's Tavern to help you.
4.Item drops are completely random. You say couldn't use? I don't have item restrictions on. Did you have the right feats to use it? If you feel the characters item is to powerful, you could have sold the item or dropped it into a trash barrel. No need to delete a character.
5.Not sure about the map, it should be the same size. Which one are you using N or M?

Thanks,
-driller
walkercubed wrote:Is there a bank? Any other towns beyond the Keep itself? Can someone suggest how to get the non-fighter types up in levels? Why did my first character get a magic item he couldn't use and then the second character got very basic gear?

Why is the area map so tiny on my main character but large on the second character. Then when i deleted the first character (it seemed unfair to have a major magic item) the area map is now small on the remaining character.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Driller;

The item was shadow legion armor, (yes as a beginning character I'm restricted from shadow thief p-class) it was in my inventory as I started the character, not a drop, not earned. the unusally small map is the m-map (area map). This only happend on one character, the other characters get the normal sized area map.

So how do we store gold? the persistent chest doesn't accept gold. Can i get a house latter that I can store stuff for any/all characters?

henchman i had the 100 gold at first level but the conversation did not give option of spending it. only option was "to rich for me". however later with a 3rd level character it gave me the option of spending the money.

could the wierdness with the "deleted" character be because of him being a yuan-ti?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Getting Shadow Legion armor on enter is strange. I will look into it.
By default, I user a smaller Area map. But it should be the same size for every character.
There is no gold storage. I feel gold storage is just way for the player to bypass penalties.
I will look at the henchman hiring.
I'm not sure, but I will create a Yuan-ti and test it.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:Driller;

The item was shadow legion armor, (yes as a beginning character I'm restricted from shadow thief p-class) it was in my inventory as I started the character, not a drop, not earned. the unusally small map is the m-map (area map). This only happend on one character, the other characters get the normal sized area map.

So how do we store gold? the persistent chest doesn't accept gold. Can i get a house latter that I can store stuff for any/all characters?

henchman i had the 100 gold at first level but the conversation did not give option of spending it. only option was "to rich for me". however later with a 3rd level character it gave me the option of spending the money.

could the wierdness with the "deleted" character be because of him being a yuan-ti?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Having henchmen is a cool idea. The old man by the gate used to sell attack puppies but there only good for so many levels. Another way to level up is to find a friendly cleric to buff you. What are some of the names of the toons you run? I have not been on lately I have been killing supe mutants in Fallout 3. I have a high level cleric that can put a nice shine on you. Good for a few levels.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

I currently have three characters. Bayton (human ftr); Gansh (Grey Orc); Fess'Shaun (yuan-ti).

I have enjoyed the auto henchmen at first level, a real help.

All of my characters have the smaller m-map now, It doesn't zoom well and doesn't follow the character; but it does take up less space.

**bug** floating weapons-rack at the 2nd campfire (on the left) in the highlands
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks for the bug report.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:I currently have three characters. Bayton (human ftr); Gansh (Grey Orc); Fess'Shaun (yuan-ti).

All of my characters have the smaller m-map now, It doesn't zoom well and doesn't follow the character; but it does take up less space.

**bug** floating weapons-rack at the 2nd campfire (on the left) in the highlands
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

walkercubed wrote:I currently have three characters. Bayton (human ftr); Gansh (Grey Orc); Fess'Shaun (yuan-ti).

I'll keep an eye open for your log-on's names ... my toon is called John the Cleric. I can take a brake from killing super mutants to buff you up. I usually play from Thursday evening, PST, to Sunday morning.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

I'm +9:00 GMT so I won't hold my breath but It will be nice to see someone other than Hirelings.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Thread Finished
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Are we talking NWN1 or NWN2? I don't play NWN2 ... makes me seasick the way the camera follows the toon about.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

I am doing NWN2