BSK1 - Snake Cult: Warrens

Report any bugs you find here.
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

BSK1 - Snake Cult: Warrens

Post by Kamileon »

Sr Nuumite seems to be locked in transitions from fighting guards to the Warrens part of the Snake Cult Quest.

Relogged in 3 times and still stuck.

Will play a diff char until Sr Nuumite is freed?

Thank you Driller!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BSK1 - Snake Cult: Warrens

Post by driller »

What happens when you login with your character?

-driller
Kamileon wrote:Sr Nuumite seems to be locked in transitions from fighting guards to the Warrens part of the Snake Cult Quest.

Relogged in 3 times and still stuck.

Will play a diff char until Sr Nuumite is freed?

Thank you Driller!
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

I sit in the Loading stage and nothing loads.

Should I try again?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try it after a reset.

-driller
Kamileon wrote:I sit in the Loading stage and nothing loads.

Should I try again?
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Driller,

I guess it's the third transition. Fall asleep to jail is fine, jail to upper level is fine (temple?, didn't read the words, and can't back track now) so from the place where the rooms are (found the fate statue) to the northeast transition to get out aka Snake Cult: Warrens - I'm stuck again. It's not Loading Area.

Same character - Sr Nuumite.

Gonna switch to Diamon but avoid that quest until Nuumite can get out.

Will try again after next reset, again.

Thank you!
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Still not working.
I'll transport out using a scroll portal, but that needs to be fixed.

It's the Northeast corner door to the Warrens that's not loading.

I'll be back on tonight!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Does it only happen to this character?

-driller
Kamileon wrote:Still not working.
I'll transport out using a scroll portal, but that needs to be fixed.

It's the Northeast corner door to the Warrens that's not loading.

I'll be back on tonight!
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Tried to go from Barracks to Warren with Cassandra. Same thing. Area for Warrens isn't loading. Same login, different character.
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Driller,

Tried again with Sr Nuumite and same place can't get through.

HOWEVER - using my Paradox Rune login and Gunak character on another computer, I got through.

The computer I use with Kamileon has Windows 7 on it, if that makes a difference. The computer with Paradox Rune has Windows XP. Could this be part of my problem? If not, then it must be something with my login name Kamileon? Since neither characters with my login Kamileon can get through.

------------------------
Had Gunak (Paradox Rune) make a portal on the Warrens side, brought Cassandra (Kamileon) in, portaled her back to the keep, then hopped on Gunak's portal to see if I could get into the Warrens that way and no go. My thought is that it's got to be either my Windows 7 not playing nice or my Kamileon login is fubar?

I'm going to attempt to use Gunak (Paradox Rune) on this Windows 7 computer to see if he can get through, then I'll know better. Will report momentarily.

----------------------------------------------

Experiment completed. Definately the computer with Windows 7. Warrens wouldn't even load when I tried to log in with Gunak. Dropped out, went back to the XP computer and in with no problem.

Would this be a Windows 7 / NwN compatibility issue?

Hrm.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I do mostly use my Windows7 machine.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sound strange, the transitions are just standard ones. I changed them to a waypoint method. Try it again.

-driller
Kamileon wrote:Driller,

Tried again with Sr Nuumite and same place can't get through.

HOWEVER - using my Paradox Rune login and Gunak character on another computer, I got through.

The computer I use with Kamileon has Windows 7 on it, if that makes a difference. The computer with Paradox Rune has Windows XP. Could this be part of my problem? If not, then it must be something with my login name Kamileon? Since neither characters with my login Kamileon can get through.

------------------------
Had Gunak (Paradox Rune) make a portal on the Warrens side, brought Cassandra (Kamileon) in, portaled her back to the keep, then hopped on Gunak's portal to see if I could get into the Warrens that way and no go. My thought is that it's got to be either my Windows 7 not playing nice or my Kamileon login is fubar?

I'm going to attempt to use Gunak (Paradox Rune) on this Windows 7 computer to see if he can get through, then I'll know better. Will report momentarily.

----------------------------------------------

Experiment completed. Definately the computer with Windows 7. Warrens wouldn't even load when I tried to log in with Gunak. Dropped out, went back to the XP computer and in with no problem.

Would this be a Windows 7 / NwN compatibility issue?

Hrm.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I do mostly use my Windows7 machine.
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Still with the problem of not loading. I'm researching an answer for it. Seems to be a problem between NwN and Windows 7. I think I have the Gold version on my windows 7 machine and definately the Diamond version on my XP machine. I am finding there are complaints about the game and 7 playing nicely so will try to resolve it that way and make my son help me out since I'm not THAT much of a computer guru. Just enough where it counts to get me through. :D

Oh and I did try running Sr Nuumite on the XP machine and got into the warrens. Now unfortunately I got myself locked in a cage so am trying to get Gunak to get me free but can't until I resolve the 7 issue. Which means it's definately a 7 playing with NwN issue as far as I can see.

The warrens won't load on the 7 machine either so I do believe there is some issues there. Just odd that the older quests aren't a problem with getting into areas. I've never seen the Snake Cult one before, and it's the one I'm having issues with. Another theory is - because the older or other quests I've done prior to changing to windows 7 are somehow embedded into the memory? Nawwww, can't be.

At any rate, I may have my son look into this problem for me since I'll be off to work shortly.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I run WIn7 and have done the quest multiple times, never had a problem. Clear out your override folder, perhaps you have something in it on your WIn 7 PC?

-driller
Kamileon wrote:Still with the problem of not loading. I'm researching an answer for it. Seems to be a problem between NwN and Windows 7. I think I have the Gold version on my windows 7 machine and definately the Diamond version on my XP machine. I am finding there are complaints about the game and 7 playing nicely so will try to resolve it that way and make my son help me out since I'm not THAT much of a computer guru. Just enough where it counts to get me through. :D

Oh and I did try running Sr Nuumite on the XP machine and got into the warrens. Now unfortunately I got myself locked in a cage so am trying to get Gunak to get me free but can't until I resolve the 7 issue. Which means it's definately a 7 playing with NwN issue as far as I can see.

The warrens won't load on the 7 machine either so I do believe there is some issues there. Just odd that the older quests aren't a problem with getting into areas. I've never seen the Snake Cult one before, and it's the one I'm having issues with. Another theory is - because the older or other quests I've done prior to changing to windows 7 are somehow embedded into the memory? Nawwww, can't be.

At any rate, I may have my son look into this problem for me since I'll be off to work shortly.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Kamileon wrote:Still with the problem of not loading. I'm researching an answer for it. Seems to be a problem between NwN and Windows 7. I think I have the Gold version on my windows 7 machine and definately the Diamond version on my XP machine. I am finding there are complaints about the game and 7 playing nicely so will try to resolve it that way and make my son help me out since I'm not THAT much of a computer guru. Just enough where it counts to get me through. :D

The Bioware site, the old closed forum, has a how to set up NWN to run on WIN 7. Setting up to run was admin ... have you done all that?
http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic ... ows%20%207
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Fixed. NwN runs fine on my son's win 7 machine. So we did a few more tests and determined for whatever reasons, my nwn file somewhere was corrupt. I can run it on my win 7 machine now and have had no problems with the Snake Cult areas. Just odd that it kicked in at that quest and the other ones were working fine.

He checked my configs and my drivers and then we put his copy of nwn on my win 7 machine to test it and it worked fine. So I did finish the Snake Cult quest without a problem after that.

Sorry to have been a bother about it all, but glad to know it wasn't really a bug after all - just my files giving me grief.