BSK1: New loot addded

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

BSK1: New loot addded

Post by driller »

I have added more loot to the drop script. Please let me know your thoughts.

-driller
reno32
Commoner
Commoner

Re: BSK1: New loot addded

Post by reno32 »

Does this mean that more forge stones are likely to drop now?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

That part hasn't changed, but it will.

-driller
reno32 wrote:Does this mean that more forge stones are likely to drop now?
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I've seen considerably better drops over the past couple of days , although not much in the way of forge stones . good drops are great but I got to be honest and tell you from a players perspective 90% of the drops you find are sold to juk or Akon when you get over lvl 30 . even the most high end armor other than chicken king's pale in comparison to plain old socketed armor and I'll give you an example . say you find armor that is +5 , +10/20 damage reduction , +4 disc , +3 str , cast true seeing . that would be some awesome armor but umgah , bloodcult , and other 30+CR monsters wield +20 weapons so the 10/20 damage reduction means absolutely nothing and the cleric in your party can cast magical vestment that equals the ac , armor even this good is useless when you consider that 3 sockets in armor you bought for 100gp can drop a 100 point hit down to a 75 point hit with 25% damage immunity . allowing for a few very rare drops most are absolutely useless at the higher lvls..you gotta be forged up .When forgies drop players start talking to one another in order to trade which in itself engenders RP . when forge stones drop people keep playing instead of getting discouraged after they've gamed for hours only to find scrolls and potions . the 'ting' is most definitely addictive until the last 30 'tings' have been saphirres .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Forge stones(except ambers and such) will now drop more frequently. This is only true if you are fighting mobs near your level, farming the Blackstone Road with a high level will not work.

-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

It would be nice if Marvale Front still dropped helm's and shields for any level. Or they could be moved to Akon's or to the Marvale Front store with only one of each offered per reset. Any way just a suggestion.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

tropiofCancer wrote:I've seen considerably better drops over the past couple of days , although not much in the way of forge stones . good drops are great but I got to be honest and tell you from a players perspective 90% of the drops you find are sold to juk or Akon when you get over lvl 30 . even the most high end armor other than chicken king's pale in comparison to plain old socketed armor and I'll give you an example . say you find armor that is +5 , +10/20 damage reduction , +4 disc , +3 str , cast true seeing . that would be some awesome armor but umgah , bloodcult , and other 30+CR monsters wield +20 weapons so the 10/20 damage reduction means absolutely nothing and the cleric in your party can cast magical vestment that equals the ac , armor even this good is useless when you consider that 3 sockets in armor you bought for 100gp can drop a 100 point hit down to a 75 point hit with 25% damage immunity . allowing for a few very rare drops most are absolutely useless at the higher lvls..you gotta be forged up .When forgies drop players start talking to one another in order to trade which in itself engenders RP . when forge stones drop people keep playing instead of getting discouraged after they've gamed for hours only to find scrolls and potions . the 'ting' is most definitely addictive until the last 30 'tings' have been saphirres .

Well said as always Gabe, to be honest this was my main reasoning for leaving. Drops sucked, forge stones dropped once ever hour or two of straight grinding. Since this has changed I'm going to sit back and watch player feedback and if its positive i'll update everything and start playing more often.

Thanks,
-Zero
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule