To All Members of the Shining Order

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Eganlunnosric
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Eganlunnosric »

*Henry Vorlander hears about the SOM meeting and heads directly to the SOM to attend. When he arrives, he greets Lin-Wu, the Sensei’s and all the Members. Henry waits in the meeting room and stands when each member enters. When all members are present, Henry takes his seat to the side of Lin-Wu*

*After Lin-Wu’s instruction, Henry bows his head to Lin-Wu, then turns and bows his head to Balion. When Berforam Huollopainen speaks, Henry nods to his words*

We will see that Vor’s presence is felt and his will is done, Lin-Wu. Our Lord Vor does not intend to stay idle while SOM’s people are hunted indiscriminately. They will know the power of Vor, they will feel the wrath of the Shining Order, and they will taste the steel of our blades *looks to Balion and Berforam* Let the hunters now become the hunted my Brothers.

*Henry waits for other members to give the information Lin-Wu asked for about what is known of these enemies.*
~One light shines brighter than all others~
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

*Kyo bows head to Lin-Wu*

I will share what I know with you.

Those who have attacked our Brethren are from a group called the Dark Ocean Society. They are led by one called Harmou. Harmou used the Mantis Clan’s Monastery to secretly train his group of assassins. Harmou was Sensei to our Sister, Lassiandras before anyone knew of his deeds. When she found out about his actions, she was brave and honorable in trying to stop him. It appears that Harmou is seeking an item that Lass may have.

Lass should tell more of this, as she knows this information first hand and I do not.

*bows head to Lass*

Yoritomo Koji is also from the Clan of the Mantis. Koji was around after Lassiandras left the Monastery and came to us here. He has much information that would assist the Shining Order in putting a stop to Harmou’s attacks and plans here in Blackstone. His Father fought against Harmou and drove him from the Mantis Clan’s Monastery.

Koji should tell more of this, as he knows this information first hand and I do not.

*bows head to Koji*

The attacks on our Brethren started a few weeks ago with an attack on Yoritomo Koji in Blackstone Hamlet.

Koji should also tell us what happened during this attack. He should be able to provide specifics that I cannot.

The second attack was made on our Brother Arundel. This attack was right here in Skara Brae, in front of our own Monastery. They left Arundel’s body at our doorstep.

Arundel should tell more of this, as he knows this information first hand and I do not.

*bows head to Arundel*

The third attack was the one on Rico. Rico has given us the details of his attacker as he remembers them.

*bows head to Rico*

*When Kyo is finished speaking he bows his head to Lin-Wu once agian*
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
nevamind
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nevamind »

*Yoritomo Koji rises and bows to Lin-Wu, and each of the Senseis in turn*

It is with a heavy heart that I come to you today my brethren, for the harmony that you have fostered in this land now threatens to be shattered.

From the far side of the world, the currents have brought the Dark Ocean, and even death will not stem the evil that flows in their wake.

For those of you whom I have not met, I am Yoritomo Koji, of the Mantis. I have chased the storm here in an attempt to thwart the will of a madman, only to see that I have come too late. Allow me to tell you of what has befallen my Clan, so that you know what it is that you now face.

The Dark Ocean Society, or Genyosha, was formed in Kawanakajima, my homeland, ten centuries ago, in response to a mandate by the Emperess Isia. The Daimyo warlords had grown strong with the death of her husband, the Emperor, and she feared that their greed would lead to the death of her son, the last Kodo. This would spark a civil war which would plunge the realm into a dark age.

To counter this, she called for the creation of nationalistic societies that would seek to expand the realm by waring with the barbarians of the surrounding lands. The Empress was wise in dictating the formation of the se societies, so that their armies would not become extensions of the daimyos. Twelve were created, one for each cycle of the moon, and named for their patron, giving them divine sanction. Any man in the Empire could join the crusade, but could only join the society for the month he was born. Additionally, every third son was required to join.

A patriotic fervor swept the land, and the daimyo rushed to gain control of the societies, since their members would win the newly conquered land for their own. For a while, the plan of the Empress succeeded. The daimyo became embroiled in the politics and formation of alliances necessary to control the societies, and the Empire was safe from their scheming.

This changed at the Battle of Karasai, in the lands of the Kudokan, the shapeless ones. General Gaito of the Genyosha led the Dark Ocean Society in an invasion of their sacred lands, defying the will of the Emperess. The Kudokan awoke the Shuten Doji, vampiric spirits of their ancestors, to enact revenge. The Shuten Doji possessed the souls of members of the Dark Ocean Society, perverting their spirits, and usurping their will. Their bodies would not die, but the darkness ate their flesh from the inside out.

General Gaito, under the influence of the Shuten Doji, convinced his men that the Empress was responsible for their fate. He said that she had ordered the societies to their doom, because she feared the power of the daimyo. He and his men, with the power of the spirits driving them, and the dread minions of the Kudokan besides them, cut a bloody swath towards the capital. The depleted armies of the daimyos were no match for them.

As the horde bore down on the Crysanthemum Palace of the Emperor, the desperate Emperess called upon her divine mother, Amaterasu, to save them. This prayer unleashed the Four Winds, ferocious demigods of terrifying aspect and power, which tore the land and its people asunder in their fury. If it were not for the intervention of the Gods of Balance, who captured the Four Winds, nothing would have remained.

Few survived the terrible apocalypse. The Crysanthemum Palace was shattered, the line of Kodo ended. The socities returned to their homeland, to rebuild their clans. Many of the political alliances formed in that time remain to this day, as do offshoots of the societies themselves.

It was known then and since, that the Dark Ocean Society was not destroyed in the apocalypse. Fueled by the undying might of the Shuten Doji, there were those that survived, and fled to the dark corners of the land. Their mission, emparted on them by ancient magic, could not be dispelled. They were tasked with the destruction of the Empire, and its allies, and that task lies with them still.

And now, in our age, they have come to the surface once more. The old gods are gone, but not all of their legacies have gone with them.

The old Gods of Balance captured the Four Winds, but only Amaterasu could return them to the Heavens. And now, it seems, that Harmou, leader of the Genyosha, seeks to unleash the Four Winds once more. Without the old Gods of Balance to capture them again, they will travel this world unchecked, destroying all in their path.

Perhaps you wonder if this is true, or if the land you pledged to protect could possibly be at risk. Kawanakijima is a world away. Well I tell you this, the secret of the last Wind, the West Wind, lies in this land, possibly in this very hall, in the keeping of one of our sisters. If released, yours will be the first land to fall.

I will tell you more of the Genyosha, this Dark Ocean Society, and what they seek here. I have joined the Shining Order in the hope that my knowledge could help you earn victory. My Clan has failed to stop them on the far side of the world. To fail again will doom us all. You have witnessed the power of their champions, and this is merely the beginning...

*Yoritomo sips his tea through clenched lips, taking a moment before continuing the tale*

//next post coming soon. Having difficulty logging onto server since the new update. As a mac user I'm using the Beta Patch, and it has been disasterous so far. Hopefully I will find a way to solve it soon, but till then, will continue here//
-Yoritomo Koji
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

*Lin rubs his knee a bit*

Now that is starting to make sence, and i can guess that the Dark Ocean Society needs the item that our sister Lass have in hands right ?

*Hakma intriged clears his throat and looking to Lass and Koji he starts*

Please, if you see fit, can you tell us more about this item ? I´m a bit curious about that, maybe my magical knowledge can be helpfull within this matter.
nevamind
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nevamind »

*Yoritomo bows his head slightly in response to Lin's question*

Since the Four Winds could not be destroyed, the Harmonious Gods of Balance had to contain them. The four Gods of Balance chose their greatest agents, and each set upon a target.

The North Wind was forced to become ethereal by the Spirit of the Void. The South Wind was imprisoned by the Grandmaster of the Elements in The Chamber of All Things. The East Wind was lost in the Maze of Infinity created by the Voice of Reason. And now, Harmou has control of their prisons, and is preparing a ritual to release them in unison, once the key to unlocking the West Wind is found, which brings us to the problem at hand.

The Green Man understood that the West Wind was once a man, who had been given True Love by the Benevolent Gods as an experiment, for they wished to gift men with the ultimate blessing: a world of unconditional love.

The Insidious Gods upset the plan, causing the death of one of the lovers. Unable to bear the loss, the man who would become the West Wind was carefully manipulated by the Insidious Gods until he spiraled out of control, unleashing a wave of fury across the land. Eon chose to make him a demigod to gain control over the power he should not have been given.

The Green Man, knowing all this, difused the West Wind's anger by tricking him into seeing his own reflection at the Pool of Tranquility. Stunned for a moment, The Green Man took the magical focus of the West Wind's fury, a locket containing a picture of the two lovers.

Harmou, a master for the Dark Ocean Society, secretely trained disciples in the dojo of the Mantis, for the Dark Ocean Society was outlawed long ago. He chose that location because it was near the Forest of the Fairy Queen, who had been given the locket, called The Talisman of the West Wind. His agents caused an outbreak of the undead, crippling the power of the Fairy Queen.

Desperate, knowing that the locket would soon fall into Harmou's hands, the Fairy Queen seperated it into two, and gave one half each to two girls on pure heart from the Mantis dojo that would spend time in the forest. They had learned from Harmou himself, and would know how to avoid his agents. She blessed them so that they would become legendary guardians, and they took the amulets back with them, hiding them under Harmou's very nose.

The one girl summoned the Mantis Clan and the Harmonious Wheel Party, and revealed to them Harmou's plan. Harmou later captured her, and killed her, taking her half of the Talisman.

The other girl is the one you know as Lassiandras, who was unknowingly geased by the Fairy Queen to find a safe haven on the far side of the world.

But Harmou's magic was able to scrye the location of the amulet, and his agents have arrived. The Mantis Clan was defeated by the Dark Ocean Society as we tried to prevent his taking of the prison of the South Wind. Our spies told us he was coming here, so I set off to warn Lassiandras, and try to protect her. It seems she has found protection far greater then I could have provided or hoped for, in the Shining Order.

They have begun to show themselves, dark warriors of incredible power. I have fought one myself, and was bested. Their dark tide flows now through the streets of Blackstone, and to our very doorstep.

Know that to walk the streets is to tempt death. They will not stop until they have the talisman, and then the ritual of summoning will take place, and the Four Winds will once again roam this world as they did in ancient times, destroying all in their path, and without the ancient powers to hold them in check.

*Yoritomo bows one last time, nearly touching his forehead to the ground in respect. It isnt until he sits that you see he has his jaw clenched.*
-Yoritomo Koji
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

*Kyo takes in the information that Koji shares. Some he knew, some is new to him.*

*When Koji finishes speaking, Kyo's head tips slightly to him and he smiles warmly in an attempt to ease the burden that weighs on Koji's heart.*

*Kyo then waits for anyone else to add comment, or for Head Sensei Lin-Wu to address the meeting again.*
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

*Lin nods*

Thank you Koji, now i know exactly what´s going on. My words about this matter are:
1- Find who they are, locate them and destroy them
2- Lassiandras must have total protection now, and so the amulet. Please, don´t ask her where is the amulet, it her information only and MUST be secret, the less people to know where is the amulet, more secret and safe it is.

If anyone has something else to report or ask, please do so. If no one else has something to say, i consider this meeting closed for now.
Now let´s go back to job and work on it.
If anyone wish to summon a meeting just come to talk to me or post on this board
*points to it* at this 3rd floor, so only the high tiered members will read and non members wont have knowledge of it. Thank you *stands up and bows*