The Maguc Cube

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

The Maguc Cube

Post by Capt Cliff »

The Magic Cube might be bugged. I recieved one from driller when he first introduced it. I xfred to a toon who could use it but when I put the cube in the storage chest there is a problem. When I retrieve the cube from the chest it falls from my inventory. Now I went and killed Loknar and he dropped the cube but since I had one I could not pick it up. Clean-up scripts got it. I then put it in my chest and now it sit on the ground in the keep. No one can pick it up they get an error message about only having one.

I was able to pick up the cube by picking it up then quickly using the rune of recall. The cube stayed in my inventory.

Will Loknar always drop the cube or only if you have the quest?
DM Centaur
Commoner
Commoner

Re: The Maguc Cube

Post by DM Centaur »

As you 'put' items in the cube, it qualifies as a container.
Containers should not be placed in the Perm chest... which is possibly why it is bugged.

Cure for character - if still bugged, then you will need to speak very nicely to Driller. (this may involve cookies)

Long term solution - dont put containers of any type or description into the Perm chest.
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

I here the cube can do +5 EB on weps?
Maybe, if this is the case, allow upto +10EB? Just a thought.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Already another solution to get the +10 EB on a weapon. :shock: :wink:

Mask

P.S. Shouldn't be put inside a perm container at all, even to x-fer it....kind of bug it, but was able to take it back, just pick it up and log out directly, on the login back, it should be in your inventory and fix.
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I now have another toon with the same problem. I do the quest the cube drops from my inventory when I pick it up, it says "You can only pick up one of these". Now I got it by using the rune of recall as I picked up the cube. Is my account corrupt?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Could be. I will have to look at it. What are the names of the two characters with the problem?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I now have another toon with the same problem. I do the quest the cube drops from my inventory when I pick it up it says "You can only pick up one of these. Now I got it by using the rune of recall as I picked up the cube. Is my account corrupt?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:Could be. I will have to look at it. What are the names of the two characters with the problem?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I now have another toon with the same problem. I do the quest the cube drops from my inventory when I pick it up it says "You can only pick up one of these. Now I got it by using the rune of recall as I picked up the cube. Is my account corrupt?
Richo Cain and 'Otis Holly' thos eare the only two I have tried the Marvale quest with.

BTW; the first time this happened out at Marvale I got some one else to port in and try to pick up the cube that dropped from Richo's inventory. But they also got the message "You can only pick up one of these"!!!??? It dropped from there inventory. I let the clean up script have it.