Server Acting Strange - False Player + Loss of Graphics

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Server Acting Strange - False Player + Loss of Graphics

Post by Capt Cliff »

I was on Friday the 19th between the 5 pm PST and 9 pm PST reset and was getting some pretty strange results. The graphics for my Toon disappeared!! I had to log and relog but it came back. Particularly by the temple in the keep. A PC called Elranduri Shannara was hovering in mid-air next to the temple wall just south of the door. When ever I approached the temple or this toon I started to get graphics problem, screen shifting to the weird toons location and then back to my toon. I got a NPC type response from this toon . not the hand but the cicle with the talk picture. This toon, Elranduri Shannara, appeared in the player list but when I sent it a tell no response. I think this toon was erased by the owner but is now a ghost, if that's the proper term. Will check it after the 9:00 pm reset.

P.S. I tryed to enter the temple but I crashed. Oh and on the Bioware sight it shows 5 people on but when I log in there are 7 players.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server Acting Strange - False Player + Loss of Graphics

Post by driller »

You seem to be having a lot of issues lately. Are all of these things you are reporting happening with the same character?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I was on Friday the 19th between the 5 pm PST and 9 pm PST reset and was getting some pretty strange results. The graphics for my Toon disappeared!! I had to log and relog but it came back. Particularly by the temple in the keep. A PC called Elranduri Shannara was hovering in mid-air next to the temple wall just south of the door. When ever I approached the temple or this toon I started to get graphics problem, screen shifting to the weird toons location and then back to my toon. I got a NPC type response from this toon . not the hand but the cicle with the talk picture. This toon, Elranduri Shannara, appeared in the player list but when I sent it a tell no response. I think this toon was erased by the owner but is now a ghost, if that's the proper term. Will check it after the 9:00 pm reset.

P.S. I tryed to enter the temple but I crashed. Oh and on the Bioware sight it shows 5 people on but when I log in there are 7 players.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

No. This loss of image and the false PC was with a new toon that I was building.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Is this still happening to you?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:No. This loss of image and the false PC was with a new toon that I was building.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

driller wrote:You seem to be having a lot of issues lately. Are all of these things you are reporting happening with the same character?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I was on Friday the 19th between the 5 pm PST and 9 pm PST reset and was getting some pretty strange results. The graphics for my Toon disappeared!! I had to log and relog but it came back. Particularly by the temple in the keep. A PC called Elranduri Shannara was hovering in mid-air next to the temple wall just south of the door. When ever I approached the temple or this toon I started to get graphics problem, screen shifting to the weird toons location and then back to my toon. I got a NPC type response from this toon . not the hand but the cicle with the talk picture. This toon, Elranduri Shannara, appeared in the player list but when I sent it a tell no response. I think this toon was erased by the owner but is now a ghost, if that's the proper term. Will check it after the 9:00 pm reset.

from my experience this sounds like the character in question was on a router and using 2 characters at the same time with out assigning individual ports this in turn boots the character in question and leaves a ''ghost'' version anyone who approachs it can take control of it vaguely before returning to your own character if this happens during the save script you then have a duped character in your account profile. if this is whats going on then a reset will clear it up should the person log on again with 2 accounts it will happen again till that person fixs his router ports. [-X
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Normally I would agree. But I have a program in place that doesn't allow a single ip to connect on the same port.

-driller
Axe Madness wrote:
driller wrote:You seem to be having a lot of issues lately. Are all of these things you are reporting happening with the same character?

-driller

from my experience this sounds like the character in question was on a router and using 2 characters at the same time with out assigning individual ports this in turn boots the character in question and leaves a ''ghost'' version anyone who approachs it can take control of it vaguely before returning to your own character if this happens during the save script you then have a duped character in your account profile. if this is whats going on then a reset will clear it up should the person log on again with 2 accounts it will happen again till that person fixs his router ports. [-X
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

sounds like a mystery then or maybe a stoned video card. you be stealing my green stuff again? [-X should know better Cliff :lol:

unless of course there are more witnesses to this account then it's probably not a video card hic :shock:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Not happening anymore, so far but Zerch has not been on. But what Axe expained sounds good. I did lose control of my toon going back and forth between the ghost and my toon then my toon disappeared. An my VC is ok but I could not communicate with anybody via tells to verify it.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

This is not an isolated incident. DM Centaur and I dealt with this the other day with the same character in Question. Anytime I would try to enter the temple I would lose control of my character and gain slight control over Elranduri. Centaur even tried to boot the character, Which would only boot me. ( apparently because I had taken control of the character at one point ) There was another character involved as well although I cant not remember the name.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Roland Deschain wrote:This is not an isolated incident. DM Centaur and I dealt with this the other day with the same character in Question. Anytime I would try to enter the temple I would lose control of my character and gain slight control over Elranduri. Centaur even tried to boot the character, Which would only boot me. ( apparently because I had taken control of the character at one point ) There was another character involved as well although I cant not remember the name.
What happened to Roland is exactly what happened to me. I had a previous problem with the afore mentioned PC Elinrandir Shannara run by Zeshannara, see my "Player List Name Error" thread.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Capt Cliff wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:This is not an isolated incident. DM Centaur and I dealt with this the other day with the same character in Question. Anytime I would try to enter the temple I would lose control of my character and gain slight control over Elranduri. Centaur even tried to boot the character, Which would only boot me. ( apparently because I had taken control of the character at one point ) There was another character involved as well although I cant not remember the name.
What happened to Roland is exactly what happened to me. I had a previous problem with the afore mentioned PC Elinrandir Shannara run by Zeshannara, see my "Player List Name Error" thread.
then this is classic router mix up with same ports 8)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Axe Madness wrote:
Capt Cliff wrote:
then this is classic router mix up with same ports 8)
Now Zeshannara wasn't on. I'd see the PC in the list when I logged into the BSK site but when looking at the Bioware site the number of players online was different. Less on the Bioware site, I think it showed 5 players but on the BSK level it showed 7. I assume this router problem was causing an echo.
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

This other character also uses another key to log in a buffer which he has on at the same time. It'll be a port issue.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

look for your nwnplayer file its located in side your nwn folder

open it up and you will see a list of game settings. look for the [Profile] block and find the line Client Port=5121 change the last one or two digits to a different number on each computer that you use to play nwn should look something like

pc 1
[Profile]
Client Port= 5121

pc 2
[Profile]
Client Port= 5122

so on so forth if anyone sees this person again direct em to this post or one similar sure driller has one here somewhere didn't feel like lookin for it :shock:
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Tried that it was still doing the same haven't logged on since I'm not sure if will cause issues. It seems to happen when my ISP disconnects or timeouts, creates echo characters.
Allanon Shannara
Bandiogar Shannara
Elranduri Shannara