Starkson Members sign in please :)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Starkson Members sign in please :)

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

I noticed that the guild directory of the Starkson has not been listed for awhile.
Starkson folk, please mention your characters name that is currently in the Starkson, their postion, rank, and the tower(s) they have access to I will update the guild entry I made abit ago,
Also any important history, stories etc that need be added to the entry please post here. I'll update it soon as we start getting soem info rolling in :)
:) thanks,
~Pemm
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Starkson history can be found at http://cottg.swords.cc all of it was transfered there and is under The Starkson Protectorate forums. That is also the offical website for Starkson too.
The world is a strange place.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=96

Pharo_IK did a lot of work on this thread. It may need to be in the Public Cork Board, but oh well. You'll find some Starkson history in there as well as alot of Blackstone history.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

a while back, Starkson evolved into The Starkson Protectorate and became a multi-server guild. the guild had a presence on 3 servers: Blackstone Keep, Legends of Talan'ith, and Dark Isle. we intiated a branch on Highland Saga, but things did not work out. DI has since shut down as the team is working solely on NWN2.

around last october, Driller took BSK down. at that time, Starkson was only present on LoT and all the members either migrated there or moved on to other servers/games.

a few weeks later, when Driller brought BSK back on line, the majority of members remained on LOT, but several returned to BSK. i was juggling Starkson on both servers, but few of the Starkson members who remained on BSK bothered to put consistant effort into the guild. since the LoT members were more active, i naturally began spending more and more time there.

as time went on, Nadia's player was able to return and log on regularly again and took up the effort of leading Starkson here on BSK. Part of her effort included a desire to split from the main on LoT so that the BSK branch could develop and address BSK specific issues uniquely. the Starkson had evolved and changed alot and she wanted to return to more of the original concept. as i was tied up on LoT and not fully up to date with happenings on BSK, her plan was a wise one.

since the split, there has been a feeling of uncertainty. while related by history, each branch is striving to develop its own identity. as both branches are in the midst of changes, some of the LoT members are not sure if citizenship or rank transfers if they visit BSK. on LoT, we have basically adapted the idea that BSK Starkson citizenship transfers over to LoT if we are aware of the character as a member (member in good standing) of the BSK Starkson, but that ranking depends on individual situations.

the Official Starkson Site in cottg.swords.cc was declared 'offical' back when i ran all three branches. as Nadia is heading up the OOC leadership and Fawn is heading up the IC leadership for the BSK branch now, they are of course encouraged to use it as a resource, but it is solely up to them. i think it would be a valuable resource and tool for our various members to get to know eachother and associate freely.

it is important to note, however, that unless Nadia and/or Fawn endorse use of the Starkson forums from LoT, then it is only suitable as a reference for BSK members. Most information there is regarding LoT or back when i ran the BSK Starkson. any changes they have made, might not be recorded. however, i would behappy to have a BSK specific forum added if that would help out :)

but regarding the direct question regarding members:
in any case, my character, Winesa Kenders, who previously lead Starkson, makes appearances from time to time on LoT, but is retired. i still help Ortel and Deyen run things on LoT.
my other Starkson characters, LittleTail, Stone, Ova show up on BSK from time to time.
LT is a Battlemage on LoT. Not sure if the same ranking remains on BSK, but before, she was a BattleMage on BSK also.
Stone was previously a Knight on BSK.
Ova was a member of the Militia who held the rank of Supply Seargent.

i would be happy to help relay any other information which would be helpful or give access to the closed Starkson Forum Boards to the BSK leadership.

just let me know. :)

Pharo
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I'm sure Pharo can add to this but this is a list of the BSK Sovereigns of Starkson.

Lord Jon Stark - (Ruled for a while left then returned and was going to betray Starkson was removed)
Lady Assialia - (trapped in a crystal defending Starkson)
Lady Winesa Kenders - (Long time Sovereign retired)
Lady Platina - (Short term while Winesa was away)
Lady Ortelassa d'Streea Kallow - (Was Sovereign until BSk was taken down then moved Starkson to Kil'Dar. Is still Sovereign of Kil'Dar's branch and works with Sir Deyen.)
Lady Manx - (Sovereign for a short time then retired)
Lady Nadia - (Sovereign when no other is around perfers to be Secertary of State)
Lady Fawn - (Current Sovereign.)
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Chiffawn wrote: For now, Starkson and the current administration only wish the public to know that an accurate history of Starkson is and has been in the works for some time.

If anyone reading the dissembled version of Starkson history has any questions, you may address them to Lady Fawn and she will be happy to research the accurate answer for you.
How are you collecting this history? And how do you know fact from fiction? Perhaps those who were there might know something more than you do. It's a thought. Personally I know Pharo's history to be correct and has been rped... why becuase I was there.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

the future is yours to build. do not try to recreate a past you were not present for.

Pharo
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

I was there. For all of it, starting well before Winesa had any involvement with Starkson and became known as Lady Winesa, and I'm still there now.

I was the one who previewed Fawns words and edited what her post said. Thus, validating it to be factual. Attempting to say that the history is not by opinion and biased would be fool-hardy.

Botton line is that many seem to think these are solely Fawns words. While many are, know that if she says something I don't agree with, I'll correct it. In this though, she made sure to consult me before even making this particular post about Starkson's History because she didn't wish to be hostile or untrue at all. And she's not.

Normally I wouldn't reveal that I also play Nadia, but it seems that Hordack and Dark_777 have already revealed that information to the general population, so it doesn't matter now.

Did either of you wish to dispute the fact that Nadia/I have indeed been around and with Starkson since the time when Winesa was still a part of her evil group (which I wont name for now) and not a part of Starkson? or that perhaps I don't know the history of Starkson well enough to say what was written was biased towards the opinions and views of Winesa?

Either way, a simple fact remains true no matter if in fantasy or reality: History itself cannot be written without some bias based from the beliefs and views of the writer. Exactly why you would both jump immediately to discredit Fawn as well by saying she wasn't there and cannot say these things could only be a product of misunderstanding or a reaction to a percieved threat or attack. Relax though, my friends, as it was none of those things.

Lady Fawn DOES consult me on her actions many times (though not always), and mostly before she takes some action or another. Even though she doesn't need to, she does anyway. I might add that she's given ALOT more leeway and benefit of the doubt to certain people who I would not have.

Fawn is the Soveriegn of Starkson, sanctioned and advised by Lady Nadia Luelle. Fawn is not perfect, nor can anyone expect her to be. Last I checked, none of us can claim (truthfully) to be perfect (IC or OOC). Thus, histories aren't perfect (including mine), nor are the methods of trying to run a guild perfect. Yet so many seem to like casting those stones, don't they?

Here's a novel idea: How about members of Starkson actually play their Starkson characters in support and RP with Fawn. This way you could each see if the hype you hear about her from the mouthes of those who have some IC or OOC distain is true, or just opinion?

Jazelle~ I hope you are recovering well my dear friend, and look forward to hearing that you are bouncing around happy and healthy as can be again soon. :D

Pharo~ You are, and have been, a dear friend of mine for a very very long time. Your help is appreciated, though I would ask that you not take offense when something is stated to be written from your view-point, when the fact is exactly that. I could not claim any different. Besides, to say the history listed is biased from your view-point does not discredit it any, it only tells another fact. Though the rest about Nadia being sanctioned by the founders to place (sanction) and advise Starkson Leaders is quite true and was RPed about 5 weeks or so before Lady Assai's player left the server unexpectedly. Winesa didn't not come onto the Starkson scene as as even a member until Lady Assai was gone. Nothing said above by Fawn was a lie, or false, but at the same time it was not trying to make either you or Jazelle sound bad or to say everything you wrote is false. Just to correct some of it and to make it known that Starkson has a very in-depth history, which is written from the view-points of others. This includes you my dear friend, just as it includes me too.

Thanks for your understanding my dear friends,

~Demitri
(aka: Lady Nadia Luelle)
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

Normally I wouldn't reveal that I also play Nadia, but it seems that Hordack and Dark_777 have already revealed that information to the general population, so it doesn't matter now

//Just to let you know, neither Hordack nor myself were the first to disclose that information. That can of worms has been open for quite sometime now, and had nothing to do with me//
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

// Demitri be mindful of your remarks and BS. I have been nice and haven't made any statements per Driller. But if you continue I will voice my complaints to Driller and send screen shots of comments that continue to be made by your member's both IC and OCC. Thank you :D
Normally I wouldn't reveal that I also play Nadia, but it seems that Hordack and Dark_777 have already revealed that information to the general population, so it doesn't matter now
Hordack The Dark
Rune Brodersen
Knight
Knight

Post by Rune Brodersen »

if any of you need some information on why the starkson was created in the first place i might be of some help. My memory might be a tad foggy but i would like to help (it is afterall quite some time ago). I used to rp with Jon even before he came up with the idea.
Even though i was never an actual member i was in in contact with all of the starksons (leaders or whatever you call em :P ) from the beginning to the end.
Just hit the respawn button allready..
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

Thank you for the contributions and informations.
When time permits I will once more edit the post on the guild list.

I would appreciate a DM locking this topic however, at this point. Thanks,
~Pemmyton.
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )