Changes you like , Dislike , or would like to see

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Changes you like , Dislike , or would like to see

Post by TropicOfCancer43 »

Like a phoenix BSK is rising back out of it's ashes , and i have seen many changes since I started gaming here again almost all of which I like , but..I'm not the only player here and would like to hear from some of you about what you like , dislike , and would like to see . In the end Driller has the final word on how he will run his server but I believe he would like the input as well . I'll go first .
What I like best is the damage cap , I've lobbied for it for years and thank god it's happened . damage immunity got ridiculous for a long time . gear or not when I can take an 11th lvl character to ants ( CR 22+?) and not take one point of damage then something is seriously flawed . I hear there is a 35% cap and that is awesome .
Monsters should be able to crit you too , I like the sense of danger and biting your lip when it comes down to death at the roll of a die .
Hardcore settings wreak havok on mages . Casters here had it too good for too long . No longer can you stand in a group of umgahs spamming wiltings/icestorms at your feet with out fear of reproach . IGM's now have a purpose other than mage duels or killing some poor fighter you've cast Bigby's grasping Hand on .
Love the cursed sockets . When I would craft I would always add the red first then fully forge it , when it was finally complete I would add the sockets and Viola!..a perfect lvl 40 weapon . As for what I would like to see...." The forge has chaotic other worldly properties and you never know what is going to happen when you go fooling with primeviel magics ' I say revise the whole system , have blues act as purples , reds as yellows etc . make people learn the forge again .
Dev crit is great for monsters but NEVER players..nuff said .
i'M going to beat a dead horse now from 07' as far as what I would like to see but before I do I wanna quote DM Xeen real quick :

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Proposes changes #2
by dm_xeen1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 pm

any way to fix the feats divine shield and divine wrath etc from being stripped by scrolls, wands and mage spells?

feats shoud not be able to be stripped by those things

thanks
The following magical defense spells are not in the script and therefore are not breachable: barkskin, clarity, death ward, displacement, entropic shield, freedom of movement, haste, improved invisibility, invisibility, invisibility sphere, magic circle against alignment, mass haste, protection from alignment, and undeath's eternal foe.
You should still get a dispel check against spells but they shouldn't be auto stripped
Exactly right , For those of you new players who don't know Mordekainens Disjunction will dispel EVERY spell you have in place with out so much as an oppossed roll . Now the breach aspect of the spell does what it should but the dispelling factor that follows it disregards any form of lvl check .
Last edited by TropicOfCancer43 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Re: Changes you like , Dislike , or would like to see

Post by Axe Madness »

-immunity cap
-sever still survivable with elite belts
-monsters doing more things more often examples KD on hit paralyze disarm
-certain monsters with increased movement makes it interesting when it runs you down.
-bag drop rate seem to have had decent luck with getting a couple of those.

neutral
- TOC's forge stone rearrangement idea. would be cool to not know what your doing to relive your newb days so to speak it is also a pain. shiny new amber now does on hit sleep! #-o lol.
-monsters with improve crit or keen whether or not they have it is unknown to me for sure but seen alarming number of crits roll up in row at epic lvls. it is cool but painful with current DR set up.
-cursed sockets didn't like at first but apparently can fix it

dislike
-dev crit on average joe monsters (boss only preferably may have been changed already.)
-lack of greater belts this really makes it hard to go to the heavy hitter areas. i currently get nailed for 90-100+ (crit)1-3times in 30seconds.

like to see
-greater belts for sell or pop up in drops
-if not belt forge stone that adds to damage resistance X amount/X type
-+4 to ability items at akons or drops or both.
-full pvp server no safe heavens i've seen it done to a successful level
-
Last edited by Axe Madness on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Yeah I agree with Madness , dev crit maybe should be reserved for boss monsters , although I would take the dev crit over Tar Valons on hit Harm anyday .
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

TropicOfCancer43 wrote:Yeah I agree with Madness , dev crit maybe should be reserved for boss monsters , although I would take the dev crit over Tar Valons on hit Harm anyday .
fought that asshat other week dev crit DC 85 :lol: yea i died. but he died to! :evil:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Although I just started playing again on BSK I would definitely like to see the dispel and similar effects working as intended to where you either succeed or fail based upon your rolls and rolls of those you are trying to effect.

As for the rest I want to test it out some more and see how things look when I'm a few levels higher.
Allanon Shannara
Bandiogar Shannara
Elranduri Shannara
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Cursed sockets can be fixed by gleanna :-)

Like the idea of changing the forge stone properties around..nice. Thought Driller would have to tweak the drop rate, so maybe a no go. But nice thought Nick. I too love the fact that casters aint so tough now.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Mainly am glad to see BSK 1 return, as far as I see it people are voting with their feet. Most I see on BSK 2 is 2 whilst have seen at least 5 on throughout day and night on BSK 1 sometimes as many as 12 to 15.

Dislikes I have a few, but you can't satisfy every whim of every player I guess.

Somethings I like to see fixed or intro'ed as follows;

One handed trident can't be socketed also like to see feats for this weapon intro'ed (ie. improved crit etc..).
Like to see the transition from the Hamlet to Blackstone road fixed so I don't lose my familiar on going through particularly at low levels.
Removal of elite belts from Akon's as they are never likely to be bought there just too expensive for what they are.
Boots of speed to be available at Marvale store instead of Akon's.
Quest book to be only individual updated so not messing others up that just happen to be in party for the social aspect of being in a party.
More bags available in drops or even those boxes that don't offer any weight reduction.
Letters of rights to be increased to included 500,000 gold, 1 million, and 5 million, even if at an increase % to purchase than the current 3%. This being tied to the need for more bags or boxes for storing letters of rights.

That'll do for now :)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Changing all the forge stone/gem properties would cause a lot of pain. Unless there was a carrot out there. Perhaps a major quest item, like the arrow box, but it's a non-transfereable arcane book of the forge. A how to book with expanded capabilites. Oh, say if you add a quartz stone to the "*****" colored forgie you'll get strength or add a diamond to the "***" colored forgie and you always get AB. I see some problem with this in that once one person knows all will know. Perhaps those talking lips could give a clue or a riddle in lieu of a how to book. you get a random one each time.

Finish Gloomwood. Have it like a spiral of areas, starting in the SW corner, getting progressivily harder till you come to the druids.

Get rid of the belts at Akon's, no one buy's them there any way. Add heal potions at Akons. With all the crit damage, yes! Add a few more rings.

Have elite combat gloves at 15 resistance but only useable by 10th lvl fighter/WM/DD or better.

Have plain equipment with nothing on it. Like a hood or helm with no concentration. Plain cloak.

Convert the Monastery out in Skara Brae to a Wizard castle that high level sneakers can bust into and have fun looting. Must have lots of chest and lots of traps on everything. If the monastery won't work how about the hunter lodge in BelTyne?
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Hmmm ! +4 weapon store has no rapier nor a scimitar
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Like: Hardcore Rules
Immunity Cap
Bag Drops

Dislikes: Sap, Umgahs having this and Crits will encourage too many PM builds.
The idea of changing the forge I dont care for as much. unless the forge stone drops are upped while people experiment.
Combat gloves only offering 10 resist. 15 would be nice since immunities have been capped.

Suggestions: One-time forged throwing weapons.
Combat gloves 15 resist
100% Magic Bags
Good sneaker gear in Drops/ for sale. Anyone with caster levels or UMD can get plus 50 spot. While sneakers struggle to not be spotted.
Unique Items in drops or possible in boss chests/drops.
( unique Items could be anything from chicken king armor, last word robes, Universal elemental rings, Bone rings, etc etc )
Socketed Items that drop with a small chance of having a unique 2dX non-forge obtainable damage ( negative, positive, Divine, )
If Sap is kept on the umgahs Make the forge stone that gives immunity to mind spells drop a little more frequently.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Roland touched on something with the socketed items/weapons with extra properties . Would be great to see drops that characters would actually forge or would use after 30th level .
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

After rolling a couple of characters and playing around in almost every major area I would like to see:

Hardcore rules, watch out party members here comes Ice Storm maybe a Hellball if you're lucky
Crits - Watch your health especially on the more squishy classes
Drop Rate on Sockets/Runes - Seems to be well balanced

Suggestions:
Greater Belts - Umgahs are hitting really hard and since immunity is capped would be nice to get a bit more reduction
Improved or Elite Combat Gloves - 15/- or 20/- would be really nice
More gear available for sneaker classes at the thieves guild or as drops
More Magical Staff's for Casters

Dislike:
Dispel, still no check against whether you're dispelled or not

Had problems with Umgahs still debuffing even with immunity to mind affecting spells and shadow shield on. Not sure if anyone could clarify why this is happening.
Allanon Shannara
Bandiogar Shannara
Elranduri Shannara
Serinity Swift
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Serinity Swift »

Things I like that have changed since the server went down and came back up. I like the new quest or quests that have been added not sure how many have been addedv but the ones i have noticed i liked. I like the new guild halls that have gone in thus far and I am looking forward to seeing more changes to the guilds as well to ease up space they are using which is not needed. I also noticed some of the old faces returning and I am happy to say thus far no one I had issues with in the past has either come back or if they have they have not bothered me at all and hopefully it stays that way.

Things I dislike about the changes since the server went down and came back up. The hardcore rules make mages worthless it is hard enough to do anything as a mage let alone to make his or her casting of spells harm themselves and or thier party members. Last night my roomie was on the server playing his mage and cast ice storm on a creature who was not standing next to him but his spell did not go off on the creature he told it to it went off on him killing him. This makes playing mages be less and less appealing to players if they are going to die for casting a spell to defend themselves.

Things I would like to see the other cities in the realm have a meaning behind them instead of being semi useless pieces of space being taken up for next to nothing other then like one shop and one quest giver. A realm should have more then one city that has a purpose behind them not go out exploring and hope to find a town and once you do the town has no citizens living in it only one shop in it then an area that only has rp purpose for being in a city for playrs to just sit and talk with no other purpose behind it I feel areas should all have a practicle purpose behind them and should have ann in game reason such as maybe more quests, possibly a shop of some sort or something else that would be useful to the players. I also thing the creatures need to be alittle more balanced then they currently are.
[b][color=#0000FF]Grand Master Sensei Serinity Swift[/color][/b]
[i][u][b][color=#FFFF00]~Shining Order Monastery~[/color][/b][/u][/i]
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Serinity Swift wrote:Things I like that have changed since the server went down and came back up. I like the new quest or quests that have been added not sure how many have been addedv but the ones i have noticed i liked. I like the new guild halls that have gone in thus far and I am looking forward to seeing more changes to the guilds as well to ease up space they are using which is not needed. I also noticed some of the old faces returning and I am happy to say thus far no one I had issues with in the past has either come back or if they have they have not bothered me at all and hopefully it stays that way.

Things I dislike about the changes since the server went down and came back up. The hardcore rules make mages worthless it is hard enough to do anything as a mage let alone to make his or her casting of spells harm themselves and or thier party members. Last night my roomie was on the server playing his mage and cast ice storm on a creature who was not standing next to him but his spell did not go off on the creature he told it to it went off on him killing him. This makes playing mages be less and less appealing to players if they are going to die for casting a spell to defend themselves.

Things I would like to see the other cities in the realm have a meaning behind them instead of being semi useless pieces of space being taken up for next to nothing other then like one shop and one quest giver. A realm should have more then one city that has a purpose behind them not go out exploring and hope to find a town and once you do the town has no citizens living in it only one shop in it then an area that only has rp purpose for being in a city for playrs to just sit and talk with no other purpose behind it I feel areas should all have a practicle purpose behind them and should have ann in game reason such as maybe more quests, possibly a shop of some sort or something else that would be useful to the players. I also thing the creatures need to be alittle more balanced then they currently are.
Having a couple new cities would be cool. The area west of Blackwatch is a good canidate for a pirate town. Develope Bel Tyne. A desert raider town north of the eastern wastelands or in the wastelands some place or expand the Oasis area. Towns needs lots of houses to break into and lots of chests to loot, and traps to disarm.

We have Arileks' (SP) tomb to raid but how about a mage tower or hold or castle equal to Arilek?