Trash Compactor

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Trash Compactor

Post by Capt Cliff »

How about having a trash compactor that people can use to clean up the server of those useless drops. Anybody can use it at any level with cost being reasonable. If you want to promote useage have it spit out a gem occasionally of random value or better yet a socket gem on rare occasion or even a forgie on that 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance! =P~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trash Compactor

Post by driller »

Not sure what the fuss is about, the server auto cleans drops.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:How about having a trash compactor that people can use to clean up the server of those useless drops. Anybody can use it at any level with cost being reasonable. If you want to promote useage have it spit out a gem occasionally of random value or better yet a socket gem on rare occasion or even a forgie on that 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance! =P~
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Perfect for those dexers that are perpetually on the verge of encumbered ... we know who we are.

As for reward for using it ... I like the idea but would rather 1 GP for every use. You'd be able to buy the forgie before getting it :lol:

At one GP you would also not be able make money by torching arrows ... although that would take a loooong time to get rich from!!
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about, the server auto cleans drops.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:How about having a trash compactor that people can use to clean up the server of those useless drops. Anybody can use it at any level with cost being reasonable. If you want to promote useage have it spit out a gem occasionally of random value or better yet a socket gem on rare occasion or even a forgie on that 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance! =P~
Yeah stuff does eventually disappear but policing your drops right away should help lag. Yes? In the heavy used areas I see junk all over the place!! Certain players, not to mention names, only pick up gold and forgies.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I haven't seen lag caused by this, the only lag I am aware of is when the NWN2 server reloads BSK2 and thrashes the disk.
But, if you want a device that will destroy stuff on your inventory for a bit of gold, I have no problem with that.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about, the server auto cleans drops.

-driller
Yeah stuff does eventually disappear but policing your drops right away should help lag. Yes? In the heavy used areas I see junk all over the place!! Certain players, not to mention names, only pick up gold and forgies.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

trash compactor is a cool toy. though have seen clean up script do its thing on several occasions. if your in a mob of dudes might wana take a break and grab said item before it poofs :shock:

:lol: but it works though =D>
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I don't mind a gp cost to use but there must be a reward to the gp expediture. I see Fen's point about someone burning 1 gp arrows to get a forgie. Perhaps the forgie option should be an urban legend but the occasional socket gem would be cool. Rewards people for being neat. But if no reward is coming then a portable trash can is all I am suggesting.