Suggestions for Rogue Improvements

Post suggestions for improvements here.
BKS
Commoner
Commoner

Suggestions for Rogue Improvements

Post by BKS »

Here are some suggestions for making Rogue characters (skills) more interesting to play/have:

1. Add a Theives Guild with a fence who will buy traps (removed by remove trap skill) and who sells rogue only magic items.

2. I used to occasionally find blue imbue and red enchantment gems when locking picking chests. Now that these stones no longer exisit, could we please add the chance to find forge stones and socket gems to the treasure chests?

I was happy with the previous spawn rate of blue/red gems. Sometimes it would take days before you ran across one, but it made all the tedious lock picking worth it !

3. Please consider adding some quests where a high lock picking, trap removal and trap seeking skills are actually necessary?

These are just a couple ideas. I hope others have more and will share them!
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestions for Rogue Improvements

Post by hisokaa »

Definately a hidden thieves merchant like there use to be in BSK1, who sell things like rougue links, rings of hide and such.
They use to help a sneaker level so much better.
Hisokaa Is Back
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I've also been disappointed that after I finally make a rogue character all the chests in the warehouses no longer are USABLE. :( That bites! And every time I pick pocket an NPC they don't have JACK! Could you fix it like the old classic Ultima Online? Where NPC's could be pick pocketed and if caught they attack you (with a cool down time for hostility of course). being a rogue with NOTHING to do with all those skills is saddening.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Rogues get even more difficult at higher lvls especially in epic areas, Dragonkin are a no go for sneakers, and nearly every creature in the underdark used to have the same sneak immunities too, (i realise the bonespiders ect are not there now but it used to be a real pain)

Id also like to see some quests where a rogue is mandatory for success, the mines is great fun at early lvls but i feel we need an epic zone/quest where only the highest skilled rogues can gain access for there group.
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Oh THAT would be soooo kewl.