Yuan-ti (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Post suggestions for improvements here.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Yuan-ti (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Post by hisokaa »

I have recently attained the 23 Season.
I am a cleric / fighter / stormlord / Divine champion.

After fighting numerious amounts of Dragonkin I decided wow these guys are pretty easy for a cleric which can cast about 25 + buffs to help him fight.

Defeated the Red Dragon on my own only having to use one heal and one regen cast.

Went and belted the dinosoar sideways.

Finally got to Yuan-ti, fought one on one with a Yuan-ti without problems then the spawns hit hard and fast and found myself overwhelmed with dammage of 25 every strike, 5 magical 20 physical.

Lucky for myself im immune to sneak attacks else I wouldnt have been able to escape.

I find that the Yuan-ti are a touch overpowered, and not really spread out enough.

Their AB consists of +43 and with a AB roll of +20 a total of 63 AB.
My character at level 23 has an AC of 51 which gives him less than 25% chance of ever dodging an attack from a Yuan-ti.
Being a cleric im able to cast all AC additives to help me fight, +10 from Magic Vestment, +5 from Divine Shield, + 5 from Barkskin, + 5 from Shield of Faith, + 3 from Reciticion and +1 from Haste. With my armor and shield giving me +10 AC, +3 ac from Tumble and a natural AC of + 8, I am only missing one AC Modifier and that is Dodge from a blue forge stone on my boots and Armor skin feat to give another +7 total AC bringing me up to a total AC of 58.

I can only fear for a character that has had no luck in finding any decent AC equipment or blue forge stones to increase their AC, I think the Yuan-ti need to have their AB lowered by about 10, and have their area extended in all directions so they dont spawn so close to eachother.

The only way to defeat them is in a party of 3+ which isnt a bad thing, but this is pretty much the only training area for an epic character to get any decent EXP and if your unable to get a party together due to being the only one on the server or you play at differet times due to where you live it becomes a long and boring journey to level to 30 at the dragonkin.

It would be fine to lower the EXP attained from Yan-ti also so that you can implement another training area for after say level 27 through to level 30.

In which if you could get a party together you get very good loot drops with items to be sold over 10 + K perhaps some magical equipment with some additives also boots, belts, robes, cloaks, helmets, rings and amulets.

But thse enemies would be extreemly hard of course e.g. the Blackguard Paladins that use to be in the blackstone keep 1.

Just an idea for thought.

Cheers Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
arwan
Count
Count

Re: Yuan-ti (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Post by arwan »

and to think i know your character is a super build basically a god.. what about the people who dont make those builds but make casual builds what about us.. my guys have like 35 ac.. and no magic capabilites. i have a 5% chance to NOT be hit. its suicidal for me to go past the swamp as they can hit my 35 ac rather well already with those archers.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Hmmm well, I don't consider my characters anywhere near super builds. I don't even look at those build sites. Ta-Ta dominated in yuanti using strategy and pulling one at a time till she could handle more. Alucard fairs (faired ) quiet well there, if you don't count the disarm bug that cost him a fortune before. Although Alandros my WM can't hang there without a group. But it IS the EPIC area! It isn't suppose to be an easy place (even for super builds). but I would like to see more Epic areas. I've been crying about areas for a while now.....I'm sick of Yuanti for hours. Certainly the Underworld can be restocked with SOMETHING interesting and some dang Quests would be nice.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

The Yuan-ti are still overpowered for level 23 through to 30 characters.
And Imagine a straight fighter with no equipment. My cleric is what we would call, a 'premade' build, meaning i went through it level by level and picked it apart, and if its having problems there, thats saying something.

Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
Richard Larkinson
Knight
Knight

Post by Richard Larkinson »

I totally agree with whats been said. The yuan ti area is very very hard, and with there being some areas beyond it that are not populated with spawns, and the final dungeon ahead in the temple portal, I cant even imagine how hard the spawns will be in there eventually.

Even with my 30th Cleric, with parties in the past going as a dedicated party buffer and party healer, its absolutely impossible to keep everyone alive for 2 to 3 rest periods unless the slowly slowly one at a time tactic is used. Even then, a bad spawn in such an enclosed area can be quite devastating with the party suddenly under assault and fighting for their lives. In all honesty I see those areas as they stand now for a massive party of 25ths +, with 3 or more dedicated healers to stand a chance of having a good go at them all without having to rest every 10 mins.

The suggestion that the area needs to be opened up a bit, with more spread out spawn points is a good idea. Maybe even an approach of some sort towards the temple, winding through the jungle with more dino's and huge raptors saving the stronger but slightly toned down yuan ti for inside the temple. The temple could also be expanded and opened up a bit with maybe even a boss at the portal entrance.

I would love to see this part of the module to be interesting as its kind of the penultimate sequence of fights before you head towards the other cavern areas and then into the final set of dungeons.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

The area is tough but tbh its actually quite easy with tactics, my cleric Neluril can control that whole area solo, granted hes lvl 30, the trick to that area is to wait by the transition until the spawns heat up, the area lures you into the centre under a false pretense that the zone is empty, then whamo!! Yuanti all over the place and your quickly mobbed. But if you delay your initial charge you can actually pick them off 1 at a time by luring them.

Now on the other hand if you have a decent party, the tactic changes to a full early assault on the area. Neluril & Ta-Da have taken centre stage often in the past, once you wipe out the initial spawns they respawn at a more managable rate. In fact the zone can become dull because your stood in the centre just waiting on spawns eventually.

I agree with the earlier comment that the underdark zones should at least be populated with some temporary epic mobs, seems a little pointless to have the zones there but nothing happening for so long.
OrionNebula
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

shadowflame wrote:The area is tough but tbh its actually quite easy with tactics, my cleric Neluril can control that whole area solo, granted hes lvl 30, the trick to that area is to wait by the transition until the spawns heat up, the area lures you into the centre under a false pretense that the zone is empty, then whamo!! Yuanti all over the place and your quickly mobbed. But if you delay your initial charge you can actually pick them off 1 at a time by luring them.

Now on the other hand if you have a decent party, the tactic changes to a full early assault on the area. Neluril & Ta-Da have taken centre stage often in the past, once you wipe out the initial spawns they respawn at a more managable rate. In fact the zone can become dull because your stood in the centre just waiting on spawns eventually.

I agree with the earlier comment that the underdark zones should at least be populated with some temporary epic mobs, seems a little pointless to have the zones there but nothing happening for so long.

my druid kery patson can control the whole zone as well.. mind you not indefinitely but for a little.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

A decent archer build with hips can dominate there even at lower epic lvls, those blasted trees get annoying though lol, the Yuanti hide behind the trees in the shadows so they can be a pain to pull that way.
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well Alucard (build 2) can do pretty good with strategy as well but my AC is like 54 buffed and such. And Ta-Ta hide and seeks with her arrows on Favored Enemy/ Improved Favored Enemy. Strategic play is the ULTIMATE equalizer.