Twisted Threads

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Kai checked every body, which ones were breathing, which ones not. As Galen had followed behind and actually made himself more useful. Tending to the men as she just sat down and watched. They were still breathing and really she didnt care if they lived or died. Since they were all busy she might as well do something useful herself to something she did actually care about. ~

~Humming to herself from a bag she had connected to her belt she took out some medicine she made herself along with bandages, she began to patch up Hellion. He sat next to her still on watch, the firey red eyes observing everything as his mistress tended to him.~

~ It seemed so peaceful now compaired to what had just taken place a few moments ago. Even the cheering from the Captain and Galen rejoining the crew had been silenced as she acted like her normal self shortly after. A leader without a heart it seemed. ~

~ As Hellion was all taken care of she stood up, just about the time Galen had finished off fixinging the rest of the sailors. Some of them helping each other up. Kai shook her head watching them all. Shortly walking over to where the sword had been dropped. Picking up the large bladed weapon she grazed her fingers over it lightly to clean it off. ~

~ While doing so she heard Galen address her. And it made her just grin. Lifting her eyes to the sky as she then stood while putting her sword back in place to be on her back. Glancing around to the remains of the area and then to the broken row boat.. Giving a bit of a sniff as she then finally looked at Galen~

" What's the matter don't like to swim? "

~she laughed then clapped her hands together and began to rub~

" Alright men, get yourself down to the beach. Since most of you weaklings aren't in any shape I will have to go get a boat. Don't think this won't be coming out of your pay either. "

~ Looking back to Galen as she put her hands on her hips~

' And for your information. Hellion guards the ship not these pathetic excuses for mortals. There is no men on the ship, so you can wait here if you want. "

~ Taking out a leather strap from a pocket she began to tie her hair back as then she turned to head off to the beach. But before she was out of range she spoke loudly to Hellion ~

' Watch over them and make sure they get to the beach. Any straglers are getting left behind. "

~ Her figure to now disappeared as she arrived to the beach. Sitting herself down as she took off one boot at a time. Exhaling as she jumped up and down preparing herself. One step at a time she walked into the water until finally she took a deep breath and dove in. ~

~ Even with the large sword to her back she still did not get weighed down like a normal human would with that much on. Once she had reached the ships anchor chain she pulled herself up. Legs wrapped around while her arms pulled her up. Wash rushed off her body to join back to the sea as she climbed up the chain. Grabbing the ledge of the ship she pulled herself on board. Grunting as she flipped over to hit the deck.~

~An "oofing" sound was given then wincing as her back hit it first. Today was not a good day for the woman. So much in such little time. Yet after she gathered herself she got the row boat ready then some how got it down by herself. ~

~ With a pair of ores she rowed herself back to shore. When close enough she let the waves push her to the beach..Climbing out she pulled it up then just sat to the sand slightly out of breath as she now waited. ~
Your worst enemy is yourself.

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

His task was easy enough, it seemed.

As the good Captain was taking the long way back to her ship, Galen would be helping the other sailors back to the boat. Occasionally he would suspiciously glance over at the hellhound. His instincts told him to start chanting the most powerful incantation he had and blow the thing away, but he refrained from action for now.

Most of the sailors were able to get up without a problem and made their own way to the beach in good time. Galen quietly watched as they left over the last grassy hill before disappearing on the slopes of the sandy beach. His gaze then shifted over to the side...

One man remained, and he struggled to get up from his leg injury. Even now the hellhound seemed to prowl nearby, just waiting for the chance to take another man's life.

But it wouldn't happen tonight, if Galen had anything to do about it. He walked over, his armor clinking softly as he moved. Taking the man under the arm on his uninjured side, Galen helped him up with ease.

"Tanks, mate..." the sailor said, still suspicious of Galen.

"No need to thank me... just lending a hand where I can," the knight responded as the two headed off towards the beach.

"What'd you say ya name was, Mister Sir Knight?" Galen couldn't tell if he was being mocked, or the man was just that socially awkward.

... but here he had to recover his quickly constructed lie.

"I'm no knight, mate, but my birth name is Mathias." Galen smirked a little. It was so absurd to be using an alternate name. These people couldn't care less what his name was.

"But ... uh... my friends all call me Galen. So Galen will do just fine," he added to his answer. The sailor nodded and informed him that his name was Jim Finch. It was an odd sailor name, but Galen tried not to judge by a name alone.

They reached the beach, and in time too: Just as Galen and Jim reached the other group, another row boat was surfing into the sand. The Captain had pushed it up on the shore further. The men prepared the boat to launch, and began to pile on board, taking positions at rowing oars as two others waited at the back to slide the boat off into the waves.

Galen stepped got in, and sat among the men, trying not to feel too out of place, but failing just as miserably. He rightfully assumed that this sailing trip back to the Keep would be a very humbling lesson.

He looked to the Captain for whatever signal or command or divine decree she might bark out. He realized he didn't even know what to call her, aside from Captain. Hopefully he'd find out more once they reach the ship.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ As they all piled into the row boat Hellion jumped in after she started pushing the boat with the men into the water. Grunting as she forced it while her boots dung deep into the weat sand. As she got it futher in she let go. Falling to the sand as her legs had sunken in. Cursing to herself she took off her boots then pulled them out. Running through the little waves shecaught up. Throwing the boots in then jumping in like a fish hitting land. Crawling to the front of the boat she leaned back to rest as she told them to start rowing. ~

~ She had done enough work for all those men. The boat went up and down with the waves until they got closer to the ship. Pulling up along side to the rope ladder Kai held it close as they all started to board the ship. Picking up Hellion she climbed the ladder with one hand, it took her a while but she wasn't leaving her beloved hell hound. Placing him on the deck she went back down and got her boots. Tossing them over her shoulders as they threw down the ropes to attach the boat again.~

~ As she climbed back to finally set foot on her deck she helped the men who were capable to pull the row boat back on to the ship. It had taken hours but they finally got it. ~

~ Hellion seemed happy to be back on board. Roaming around freely but constantly keeping an eye on the man in golden armor. The pretty boy out of the bunch. ~

~The crew made the fastenings to the row boat then started to prepare the ship. Kai gathered what strength she had as she held her boots on her shoulders while walking to her quarters. Stopping at the door as she turned to the men ~

" As soon as everything is ready set sail for the Keep. No slacking either! I pulled more then my fair share of weight, its time for you slackers to earn ya keep! "

~ Her voice was stern and with the sound of control as she then turned her eyes over to Galen..Nodding upwards she then spoke~

"And you, Come with me. "

~ Opening her door as she left it open..The men watching as they slowed down their work for the moment being curious..Kai snapping her eyes back around to them ~

" You all like yours eyes dont cha? I would advise you all to keep them on your work if you want to keep em "

~ Entering into ther room as she plopped her boots down on the floor by her desk. Grabbing a bottle of rum she uncorked it..When Galen would enter she would say~

" You clean yourself up in here but then return down below deck to sleep with the crew. That understood? "

~ She didn't bother turning around as she took a swig of her drink then set the bottle back down..Moving and just falling face first on the large bed that was lavishly decorated..she grunted from the pain and just rested while the crew did their jobs finally. She didnt care who was in her room at the moment she could barely move after all that. She didn't even want to think about the next day. Just hoped she would be able to move at all would be a blessing. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

The floor boards creaked softly under the weight of his steel boots as he entered the Captain's quarters. The ship itself swayed gently from side to side with every passing moment. Galen tried very very hard to keep his balance, and it showed as he took each step with a bit of caution.

He looked around this lavish cabin room, and could not help but gawk at how well furnished the inside of a ship could actually look. As he had entered the room, he took one look behind him as all the sailors watched, seemingly trying to work as efficiently as possibly while satisfying their curiosity at the same time.

When the Captain addressed him, he snapped back to her, giving her his full attention once again. ... but she had already flopped on the bed, exhausted from everything that had happened this night.

"Yes, Ma'am.. understood. Thank you, Captain," he replied as he looked at her, almost expecting her to .... at least move or give some indication she heard him. It was as though she had already passed out from fatigue.

Galen assumed that there would be no small talk between him and the Captain on this voyage. Or... if there was, it would be extremely small talk. There was a faint ghost of a smile playing on his lips as he thought of his stupid little joke.

The chainmail he wore under his chest plate clinked softly as he moved to the opposite side of the room, to a large dresser, mirror, and wash basin. Dropping his modest pack of belongings to the ground a bit more noisly than he wished, Galen looked over to see if he had disturbed the Captain. She was still unmoving and seemingly uncaring of his mere existance.

Galen's eyes slowly made their way to peer into the looking glass, where he saw himself for the first time in over a week. Rough stubble had formed over his cheeks, neck, and chin. Hair was almost pastered to his head from being matted down in the elements, and even in the candle light of the cabin, the sheen of natural oils glisened softly. His skin was a tad tanner than he remembered, which was natural for someone who had been romping through the forests and plains for a week. Even his armor was a muted gold now, dulled and dirtied from his long venture.

He glanced over his shoulder to the bed, where the woman remained motionless. He felt suddenly uncomfortable with a woman in the same room. He sighed softly as he turned back to the mirror. He began to undo the metal plating of his armor as quietly as he could. He placed the armor plating in a little pile at his feet, and slid the chain shirt over his head, placing it with the rest of the armor.

Even now, through his stained dirty undershirt he could feel the cool night's air against his skin. He had to peel the shirt off his skin because it was so drenched from water and sweat from the last couple days.

Galen dropped the shirt and moved to pour a bit of water into the wash basin. He took a cotton cloth from his own pack and dipped it in, quickly scrubbing away the dirt and grime from his face, neck, arms, and chest. He shifted his weight a bit as he struggled between his own embarassment and temptation to spend time for a more thorough wash.

He thought better of it, and quickly fumbled in his pack for the one spare shirt he brought with him. It was plain looking, loose fitting, and thankfully dry. Donning his new sleeveless shirt, he sighed a breath of relief.

He finished taking off the plated pieces of his plated leggins and greaves, wearing his simple tanned leather breeches at the moment. He collected all his armor pieces and his warhammer, placing them into the pack without making much noise.

Galen stood up with his pack, and turned for the door. He walked past the bed and quietly opened the door. Just before leaving, he paused and turned back to the bed, and the Captain.

"... Thank you again, and good night, Captain."

And he turned and left to go find some bunk space.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Kai didn't care shape the cabin was in. It was cleaner then its usual self, empty rum bottles all over but today there was none. Laying stomach down on the bed facing the window next to her. She didn't answer him when he said something. She was more focused on just her body finally getting to relax, letting the rocking of the boat sooth her. To him she might have seemed to be sleeping with her eyes half closed. Though that was not the case. ~

~ Through the small openings of her eyes she watched his reflection in the window when he thought she wasn't. When he went to clean himself up with the water in the bowl. Kai couldn't help but wonder why. Fighting back laughter, keeping her silence while he stripped to clean himself up. ~

~ Now the entire time she kept up the appearance of looking asleep that was until he was about to leave. Kai rolled over on her back, pulling a pillow to prop her head on as she grinned.~

~ Folding her hands to her stomach as she rose both her eye brows then pointed with her right index finger to a large screen~

" You know there was a full bath with soap behind that thing. "

~ Winking to him as she laughed lightly..~

" And your welcome. "

~ Her tone was amusing so was the expression to her face as if giving the indication that she did in fact watch him. Of course she was going to, he was in HER room while she was weak. She would have been a stupid woman to not pay attention to a strange man near her. ~

~ As he went to leave she just curled up on her bed slowly from being sore. Moaning as she flipped part of the covers over for some comfort. With a pillow between her arms as she hugged it while resting her head to it she waited ~

~ A weak whistling was released for Hellion to come to her. Once someone would know to let him in..her heavy tired eyes would see him ~

" Guard the door I am going to take a nap my friend. "

~ Hellion gave a light bark giving a signal that he understood...once he was at his post and she was left alone...Kai shortly fell into sleep to only rest for a short while as the boat now sailed back to blackstone. ~

~ Which not a very long trip at all. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

He froze in the doorway, feeling his cheeks flush to an embarassed red color. Galen cleared his throat and laughed with her very awkwardly before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

So much for smooth and sauve, tinhead, he thought to himself as he stood just outside the door for a moment.

Shaking his head slightly, he looked up to find the hell hound thing looking right at him, not several feet away. Galen blinked, being a little startled. The beast made a noise and moved past Galen to the door... but stopped and looked back at the knight.

"Er... here you go..." Galen said as he reached for the door latch. He let the hellish mutt in the Captain's quarters, and reclosed the door.

"... good boy..." Galen muttered. He was half expecting the infernal thing to maw off his arm.

Turning quickly on his heels, he walked off to find whatever hatch there was to go below deck. The only men on deck were the few on the first night shift, while the others, Galen soon learned, were already below deck getting some shut eye.

Galen lowered himself down the hatch, using mainly his arms to hang on the ledge for a moment before dropping to the floorboards. There were cots and hammocks strung up in loose rows around the room. Men were sleeping, or at least trying to sleep. Galen tried to move as quietly as he could to a nearby empty hammock. Sitting his bag down, he kicked off his boots and eased himself into the suspended hammock. The ropes groaned a little as he relaxed into the hammock. It was surprisingly comfortable!

... of course, for the last few days, Galen had considered a patch of grass and a rock for a pillow as comfortable.

There was a little shuffling in the hammock beside him as a man rolled over to see who had bunked next to him.

"Oh.. 'ey, mate," the man greeted him. Galen recognized the voice as Jim Finch's.

"Hello, Jim," Galen replied with a curt nod as he wiggled his toes in the air. "How is your leg?"

"Better, I'll be back on it come dawn," Jim examined Galen a little more closely, noting the ruffled shirt and washed appearance. "Capt'm and you had a socializin'?"

Galen blushed again at what he thought was some sort of implication. "Uh.. no no... she just let me wash my face and all."

"Figured so. She's a bit of a wild one. Never know what she might do next... my mates back at port called me crazy for signing up with this ship. Too many stories."

"Stories? What sort of stories."

"Entire crews go out with this ship and never come back. The pay is too good to pass up though... so it's worth da risk. Some say that Captain Ki'kai be cursed with the worst luck too."

"Ki'kai..." he repeated the name, having heard it for the first time.

"Aye, that'd be her name... Ki'kai Scourge. Some say that there be a dark cloud that follows her. ... after tonight, I think I believe it. That thing tore a couple of my mates to shreads," Jim paused in a moment of silence for the lost shipmates.

"I'm sorry about your loss, and I feel responsible," Galen said as he looked coldly towards the shadows. "The destruction of the demon was my charge... my responsibility and mission."

Jim smirked a bit. "Don't worry, mate... I owed a couple of them some gold. We'll all live. Night, mate."

Galen glanced over, unsure of what to say. These sailors did not value life as much as he did. It was something new for him to get used to. The knight shifted his weight in the hammock to be more comfortable. Fatigue and soreness were weighing on him heavily, and he felt ready for a few hours of sleep. He didn't even feel his eyes close before he was already drifting asleep.

When he would awake at dawn, the ship should have arrived back at Blackstone.

... hopefully.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~The hours of the day began to fade below the horizon of the sea once more. The rippling water seemingly welcomeing the enchantment and mysteries of what the night brought. ~

~ As the moonbeams slowly crept through her window they shown brightly to sweep over the angelic face of the woman pirate. Bringing her peaceful rejunvenating sleep to a hault. Slowly the eye lids lifted to break out of the darkness and let the light slip gently to brush along her colors of blue. ~

~ Kai moaned as she rolled over to be face to face with Hellion who was now right next to her bed waiting for her to wake up. Snorting smoke in her face she ended up coughing and pushing his face away as she mummbled~

" Alright alright I'm getting up. "

~ Stretching one last awakening stretch she whimpered from the soreness of her muscles from the little adventure they had before boarding the ship. Huffing as the hands hit the mattress and she pushed herself up then rubbed her eyes. ~

" Guard the door "

~ Her tone muggy as she finally got out of bed and started walking to her bathing area. Since Galen chose to bath with the water bowl and not the prepared bath she always had ready she took advantage. ~

~Taking her time she peeled off her skin clinging pure black outfit that was tripped with a dark red. As she stood bare her hands were placed on her hips as the eyes stared down at the water that was probably cold now. Her mouth expression shifted as she really didn't want to go in but she had to. With her heightened senses she could barely stand the smell of herself. ~

~Taking a few deep breathes she braced herself then bent over to hold on to the edging getting herself in quickly.~

" Holy..!!! "

~ Squealing a bit almost too girly for the type of person she was. Shivering she quickly grabbed the soap and the bathing cloth. Putting them in the water then getting the oils for more of a perfumed smell along with items to cleanse her hair with. ~

~ With her skin all bumpy from the cold water she hurried after getting everything, washing her hair and whimpering before she dunked under to get the sudds out of her hair. After that she washed up her body and when she thought it was enough she did not hesitate when getting out. ~

~ Soaking the floor as the water rushed off to splash on the wood, and almost even making her slip. Wobbling she contained herself by grabbing the tub itself. Cursing underneath her breath Kai soon went to get the gold and black outfit. It having a short breast hugging top and skin clinging yet comfortable pants. Then of course the belt with the skull symbol to match the flag on her ship and the boots when she did finally in fact find them. ~

~ As she emerged from behind the screen she had prepared herself. Her eyes set their sights on the jumping Hellion, excited knowing he was going to be let out of the confinments of the room finally. A laugh was brought out as she absolutely knew that feeling. The one of a animal being caged. ~

~ Something that never fitted anyone in her family and obviously not even her companion. A sick little grin soon twisted that soft amusment to her face. Just that image of Hellion jumping brought so many memories flooding into the mind. Ones of her brother Malakai, the way they were. It was no wonder he stayed in the life he choose even if the sea was more awkward to be on now. That was not the most important part. ~

~ It was freedom. ~

~ Opening the door as Hellion bolted out to the deck. The hands who were working stood straight when Kai presented herself out in the fresh air. The grin still to her luscious lips as she nodded upwards in acknowleding them then turning to take the wheel.~

~ Unlike how they were with Galen, they barely spoke to the Captain. They were all just mere men who needed the adventure, the sea and especially the money. Besides as Galen had already heard the rumors. No one in her crew ever lasted long. ~

~ As Kai reached the upper part of the ship she took over as the shores of Blackstone were already in view. Kai immediately barked her orders loudly out at the crew. Them scrambling to get the jobs done. ~

~ Hellion soon after wandering around to stretch his legs came up to sit himself down right next to Kai to watch over the men below. ~

~ Even with her eyes on the horizon Kai spoke softly to her pet. ~

" Ready to have some fun my sweets? "

~ A dark laugh was softly given yet it echoed so tastey to the hound's ears. His red eyes glimmered with anticipation of what was to come. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

A short while later, the Morning Star pulled beside the docks. Sailors lept from the boat to the dock in order to tie down the loose ropes to the pillar supports. The Star's sails were taken down, and it was brought to rest next to the wooden docks.

Galen looked up to the lit towers of the Keep. Torches illuminated the streets, and he could hear the familiar sounds of a slumbering Blackstone. He had been here often enough to call it familiar.

A cool sea breeze ruffled his hair, and he smiled as he felt his mission coming to a close. He carried a sack of his belongings over his shoulder, his plated armor and chain shirts clinking together whenever he moved.

He would send word to the old woman that the infernal creatures that had raided her village were defeated. Galen hoped that with the demons' destruction will bring the woman some closure for the loss of her grandsons... but he was certain that it would be little to ease her mourning.

He began moving from the front of the ship to the exit ramp. On the way, he gave Jim Finch a quick salute. Galen assumed he'd never see the man again.

Stepping off the ship to the docks, Galen had to keep his balance. The transition from having 'sea legs' to 'land legs' was always one he would never get used to. He walked towards the end of the docks, and actual solid ground.

Ahead, he saw Captain Ki'kai conversing with the Dock Master concerning her docking permit. He approached, slowed, and stopped behind her. It would be only polite to thank her for allowing him to come with her to port. She would have a dozen more important things to do, but Galen felt he ought to do it, so he would.

He quietly waited for the Dock Master and her to finish discussing the terms of her docking permit. If and when she would turn to him, he'd smile to her...
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Paying what she needed she finished up the conversation with the Dock Master.Grumbling afterwards as she turned putting the bag full of coins back into her pocket. She hadn't noticed Galen waiting for her so of course Kai ended up bumping into him. The wind pushed out of her lungs being caught off guard from him being so close..~

" oofff "

~ was the sound that slipped out her mouth, steadying herself as she came to stand straight in front of him..Giving a charming grin as if that just didn't happen. ~

" Ahh, well umm. I guess I will be seeing you around if you stay around here that long. "

~giving a bit of a half wave with one hand she then turned to go find some business to tend to in the Keep ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Those fists were as fast as lightning!

Post by Gibbo »

"Er-- Wait!" Galen exclaimed as he took several quick steps to catch up and walk beside Ki'kai.

"I wanted to say thank you for safe passage to port, and for helping to destroy the overfiend last night," Galen said with a cool, calm voice. He then cleared his throat and admitted something all men would rather not. "I could not have done it by myself without your help, and for that I am grateful."

Galen looked up and recognized the sign to the Playful Maiden tavern. They had walked the distance from the docks to the tavern, smoothly dodging around playing children, busy merchants, and determined adventurers alike.

"Truth be told, I will not be around in the keep for long... a day, or two. Sadly, I cannot spare anymore time than that." He did not know why he was still talking to her, but words came out nonetheless. Fatigue and adventuring for a week will do that to a man.

"So, please, Captain, allow me to at the very least treat you to a hot meal and fine drink before I have to leave. I would be honored if you let me try and repay that much to you."
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~She abruptly stopped when he wanted her attention. Turning on her heels to look at him better with those slightly angelic eyes. She shrugged her shoulders as then lips formed into a grin~

" No problem. "

~moving the hair of her face from the wind blowing it to try to hide what beauty she had~

" I am well aware of that. Price you pay for not going to train better before going on ventures like that. "

~ She was about to walk away when she thought he was done, talking about only staying a few days..smiling and nodding she shortly gave a wave to say bye but then he spoke again. ~

~ Turning to look at him once more she placed her hands on her hips, looking to the tavern then back to him.. An eye brow raised. ~

" Unlike the crew I ate already before docking. I have training to do sir so if you do not mind. Thank you for your polite gratitude but I don't need to be buttered up by alcohol or food as if I couldn't pay for it myself. "

" I did what I did no need to get all mushy on me. I'll see you around perhaps sir. Take better care of yourself would you? I don't think I will always be there to save you. "

~ She winked then blew him a kiss as she turned to leave ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Galen watched her turn...

...Turn... to face a very very very large half-orc. Three other men stepped out from behind this monster of a man.

"'Ello, luv," the half-orc said to her with a toothy grin. His jagged teeth were yellow, and from even where Galen was standing, he could smell the reek of rotten meat.

Before she could reply, one of the others, a spindly man with lanky arms and knives strapped to his vest, spoke up with a high-pitched squeaky voice, "Aye aye ... all hail, Captain Ki'kai Scourge... professional 'sea-trader' and treasure hunter extraordinaire. Seems you forgot about our little deal, luv."

The half-orc piped in, "Aye. Ya 'ought ya could just sail on outta port wif-out giving us our due payment for that job, eh? Bad mistake coming back so soon, luv. Now we're gonna take that payment, one way or another."

The other two men, of normal build and both with the features of a usual 'scumbag' revealed a couple of clubs. The half-orc let a spiked chain hang from his left hand. The lanky fellow had a knife in his hand without anyone else noticing it. .... and like always... there wasn't a guard to be seen in the dock district of the keep.

Good gods above... what sort of woman is this?? Galen thought to himself as he lowered his bag of belongs gently to the ground. He tighten his grip on the Rune Sledge, loosening his posture for a fight.

The lanky man looked over Ki'kai's shoulder and sneered at Galen, "Oh, look boys... she brought her boyfriend too. Maybe we can take a bit of the luv's payment from him too."

Sweet Light above, why are you testing me so today? Galen glanced towards the heavens as he had to restrain himself from trying to cause the first blow. He had trained himself not to attack first, but only in defense. He hoped with whatever dealings Ki'Kai had with these scumbags that she would be able to sweet talk her way out of this mess.

Galen forgot one very important detail...

... this was Ki'Kai Scourge. What fun would that be?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Before she got a few steps , her eyes were to the groun as she bumped into the large man who seemed to come out of no where. ~

" Ooof, watch where your! "

~ her sentence stopped in the middle as she looked up to them all. Her jaw dropped as she remember the half wits from being. As they opened their mouths to demand what they thought was their dues she charismatically smiled like a little innocent angel. Standing herself then dusted herself off as if nothing just happened. ~

" I paid you what you were worth and what you did. You didn't hold up the entire bargain so I paid you what I saw fit! "

~ after dusting herself off she quickly flipped her dark locks of hair away from her face as she drew in a deep breath then exhaled. Smiling to them all , a smile that could charm. The blue oceanic eyes twinkled with allure as she tilted her head while soon placing her hands on her curving hips..~

~ As the one commented to Galen about being her boyfriend , she looked back rolling her eyes as the smile faced with a grimacing look then as she turned back to the bullies of sorts she flashed her charming smile once more. Fluttering her dark eye lashes as she touched the chest of the leader ~

" Oh please you know thats not my type. "

~biting her lower lip flirting. She was doing the best she could while her stomach turned in disgust at all it. Oh how she hated this, she hardly used her womanly ways to get out of things. Usually she didn't have to men were just suckers anyways but this was business and at the moment no one but Galen was around. ~

~ So she tried to take her chance this way before tryin to have to slaughter them in plain sight, but if need be that is exactly what she would do. Either today or another day. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

"Ah ah ah, luv," the lanky one said with a bit of a smirk on his face as Ki'kai came onto him. "We'd rather just take our fair share of ya profits and get us some real escorts. Wouldn't we boys?"

"G'yar..." the half-orc grunted in a sophistocated reply.

"So make this easy for us, luv, and give us what gold ya have in that change purse on those lovely hips you like swinging around, and we'll call it even," the man grinned as many of his men snickered... knowing full well that the pouch held a lot more than what they most likely deserved, if anything.

... meanwhile, Galen had been watching the encounter... and decided to try and repay what he believed was a debt he owed to the Captain Scourge.

Stepping forward, he moved between Ki'kai and the half-orc, then looked at the lanky man.

"I do believe that proper business hours are now over, and you should revisit the Captain by appointment when she holds her office hours," Galen said clearly, and with enough of implied firmness to make the other four men to glance to each other cautiously.

Things were tensing up quickly.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Shifting her weight as she stepped back. Smiling to them all as the eyes moved around to all of them while looking for Hellion. He must have been waiting for the men to get off the ship first before being at her side. As the one spoke of her hips and the money she carried she curled her upper lip a moment. That was way too much money to demand from her. ~

~ As soon as her big mouth went to open and speak Galen stepped in. Her mouth shifted as she put her hands on her hips. Great, whatever those men were thinking before about her and him being involved it probably just applified. ~

~ Running a hand over her face while not the leader of the ugly things stared down at Galen. ~

" Looky looky, we got ourselves a wee bit of a hero. Come to save the princess eh? "

~ they all laughed as one came to poke Galen in the chest. ~

~ As the riff raff picked on Galen, taking the attention away from her. Very quietly she stepped back..Their eyes focused on Galen since he seemed to be the one who might just try to start things. ~

~ Kai reached behind her while yawning first and slowly drew her greatsword. Which when drawn it was hard not to notice. ~

~ As soon as the large blade shined the sun's light in the eyes of the large annoyances they shifted their attention to Kai. ~

~ The leader looked to each of the men around him. All drawing their swords. ~

" Now lovey, becareful with that big ol' thing someone might get hurt. More you if you don't put that thing away . Not to mention your knight in shinning armor here."

~ They all chaotically laughed, quite irritatingly. Some even going the lengths to even put spouting out some spit during mid laugh on Galen and the others. ~

~ Resting the blade confidently against her she grinned so arrogantly. Tilting her head. For now she knew Hellion was making his way off the boat. His scent to the air, the footsteps to the dock. It was just something about the beast that put her at ease. ~

" Aww, don't tell me your afraid of widdle ol' me boys. Telling me to put it down, how thoughtful. "

~ She squeaked at the end of the sentence, scrunching up her nose with a angelic smile still. Shrugging up her shoulders in the effect of the expression. Yet it ended shortly as her face became serious. ~

~ Hellion came to stand next to his mistress as the smoke rolled up from his nostrils. He was just in time as the anger already was being bottle up as best as it could. ~

" Now boys..We can do it this way. or another "

~ Leaving her left hand to bring her index finger to her lips, closing her eyes ~

" You can leave quietly, leaving my sight never to bother me again by the time I count down to 10. "

~ Shifting her sword wit her right hand she dropped her left from her mouth to join it as the eyes opened though from their regular blues golden hues had replaced. The eyes of the beast within stared them down as a devilish grin wanted them to stay to be slaughtered. ~

" OR, hang around. Try to touch these heavenly hips to get that money. But I swear to you. You have more chance of me spreading your worthless body parts all over these stones before you touch one coin of MY MONEY. "

~ Wiggling her eye brows ~

" So what will it be boys. Life or death? "

" Personally, my friend here is a bit hungry, so if you choose death lets hurry it up. "

~ Hellion growled as he took his stance ready to pounce. His stomach rumbling loud enough for them to here as he licked his lips eagerly waiting. ~

~ Glancing over to Galen when he would turn to look at her, she would wink..Treating this all as one big game. ~

~ Waiting for their answer, the one right to the leader didn't wait for an answer either. He reached out to grab Galen to cover his mouth, while attempting to put a blade to his neck ...~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai