Twisted Threads

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Twisted Threads

Post by Gibbo »

The temperature dropped as the shadows stretched out on the ground, as the muddles skies above turned a blazing red then to a deep violet-blue. As dusk turned into night, the forests came alive with nocturnal creatures, their hoots and callings echoing across the woodlands.

Among these sounds was something out of place, the clinking of metallic plates rubbing and bumping against each other, as well as the crunching of twigs and foliage underboot.

Observing eyes continually scanned to the side and up ahead. They were close, he could sense their foul taint, and more than likely they could sense his own aura. The armored knight heard the leather straps of his war hammer strain as he tightened his grip on the handle. He pressed forward, knowing the most challenging obstacle of his mission was just ahead.

As he advanced through the forest, which was now dark, he came to a clearing. His golden armor was scuffed and dulled from days of traveling, but the light from the brilliant crescent moon still glinted off the gilded plate mail. Brown tendrils of hair that crowned his brow were held in place only by sweat and natural oils. His worn and nearly fatiqued complexion told his tale for him: he had been out here for days, possibly even weeks.

The clearing was actually a hidden shore, nestled away in a valley near an outlet to the sea. Night time mists hung over the grassy field, but even from here, he could see the elongated reflection the moon on the rippling waters. It was almost mystical, like an image pulled out of a dark fairy tale.

On the head of the hammer, several glyphs glowed an eerie yellow in silent warning to its master. The warrior noticed this and jerked his head up to scan the field. He spotted some movement on the far side, near the water edge. The war hammer wielding warrior approached, tightening the straps of his shield to his left arm. Even from here he could hear their infernal tongues hissing commands.

Just as he approached the rocky shore, three lanky bone demons tried to ambush him from the tall grasses, using their long claws and infernal strength to try and take down their pursuer quickly and viciously. Their demonic hoots and snarls could chill a lesser man’s blood, but this knight held his ground, raising his hammer to strike. The hammer itself suddenly engulfed in a blazing fiery light, and came down with a crushing swiftness, smashing into the skull of one of the fiendish outsiders. It shuddered and slumped down right before him, as he raised his shield in time to block against the slashing claws of the other two.

He jumped back as the demons recoiled, preparing another attack. The warrior immediately started mumbling the words to some magic incantation. Both demon-breed snarled and charged him, hoping to knock him off balance before the spell would be completed.

But the warrior seemed to move and even spellcast with a graceful nature. With his shield arm, he was able to send a screaming fireball at the feet of the snarling beasts. The explosion was bright, able to be seen even from a mile or so away, and landed with such a force that it blew the two oppressing outsiders yards apart from their opponent. Their smoking bodies twitched as their flesh sizzled, black wisps of smoke rising from their leathery skin.

Without hesitating, the gold-clad knight strode forward and bashed his weapon against his fallen enemies’ skulls, ensuring their destruction. Soon, the demonic corpses began to writhe and twist on the ground, but not of their own free will. Like all demons, their essences departed this world back to their Abyssal plane. Their bodies burned into ashes right before the knight’s steady gaze. His mission was accomplished, and the old woman’s family had been avenged.

Galen Raelius took a deep sigh of relief, and looked out to the misty waters. Soon he would be able to return to the Keep and to civilization as he knew it. It would be refreshing to relax for a day, bathe, and enjoy a hot meal. He had no regrets though, as this mission was for a good cause, he had not fallen in battle, and so all is well that ends well.

But then he caught sight of something out on the water.

Was that a set of sails?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Oh the curiousity...

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~Ki'Kai had made it to Blackstone sometimes within the daylight. Filling up the lower deck with supplies she was in need of more of. Paying out of pocket. Though its not like the coin was not in others when she had obtained it. ~

~ Wandering around the Keep she saw the usual. People hustling and bustling by. Some making fools out of themselves openly and some just being plainly annoying. Yet her luck she had met up with Tam. Walked through a winter wonderland. Talking while traveling to one of the tavern's up in the snowy village. Of course during the way they took out their sick frustrations on the local wildlife. All the while enjoying the snowflakes floating down to stand out on their black clothing as well as the land itself.. ~

~ The two women spent a great deal spending time with one another, gossping but their happy bonding time grew to an end. Tam having her own business and things to tend to. Along with Kai needing to set sail . ~

~ After a crew was obtained she left the Keep. It was a serene night out on those waters. Stars shinning brightly acting as a guide for the sailors who knew what they were doing. ~

~ Just off the coast of a piece of land, slowly the ship was creeping up on it as the wind had died down some. Now when it was all quiet to the seas. The men she had hired doing their duties Kai had gotten startled as lights and booming noises echoed through the air. ~

~Ordering a man to watch the wheel as she stepped away to the edge of her deck. Those sharp senses narrowed, allowing the eyes to switch in focusing as the reflecting turned her sight brighter. ~

" Hmm I think we should go take a peek. After all there could be some left over goods or coin. "

~ Gesturing to the men they prepared the ship as it turned to the cove. They set up anchor just off the land of it. Taking a row boat to the shore. Hellion was left on board to guard the ship, if needed on land he knew how to swim. ~

~ As the row boat washed up on the beach she jumped off to slightly sink into the soft wet sand. Hands on her hips those luscious lips grinned with slight fangs. Glancing back, the salty air snapped her raven locked to whip around her angelic face. ~

" Spread out and take a look. Be on alert though, what ever that was or who cased it could still be here. "

~ The men arming themselves they wandered off in all directions in the comforts of the slight shadows. ~

~ Kai herself with a sword almost bigger then herself strapped on her back headed off straight from the beach to the grassy land. Taking in the deep smell of the air, noting the scent of something other then nature in the wind. So, curiously she wandered a bit further...waiting to see what was to be found ~
Your worst enemy is yourself.

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

He had found a boulder to sit upon as he watched the tiny row boat beach on the shore. Black figures spread out along the shore, looking as though they were searching for someone, or something.

The pale moon beams were softened further by the mists just hanging overhead, but it was bright enough to tell that Galen was not smiling. His strong jaw remained clenched as he watched the shapeless black forms spread out, getting ever closer. Down below him, in his plain view of sight were the piles of infernal ash, where he had battled with the demons.

It was uncommon for a self-proclaimed knight to not present himself, however he was not stupid either. He knew not what sort of people these were, nor did he care to find out the hard way. Galen sat on the boulder and watched, his legs brought up enough that he could prop his elbows on his knees and have his hands support his head. Strapped to his back was his shield, and leaning against his leg was his weapon of choice, the Runic Sledge.

The knight took a few moments of consideration.

In basic combat, there are some core tactics: Run, hide, or fight. He considered all the possibilities, and decided upon one of them.

Reaching down to one of his beltpouches, he took out a vial of some orange luquid. He uncorked the top and downed the potion in one swallow. The contents always tasted horrible, and it was a challenge for him to gag down the whole thing. But even before he could make a face at the vile tasting thing, he vanished from sight altogether.

Still he sat there, watching and waiting to see if these people would go back to their ship, hidden from conventional sight. He was saddened at the thought of losing the opportunity to make it back to the Keep days ahead of what it would take to walk there, but better safe than sorry.

However, the landing party did not turn back as he predicted.. instead, Galen watched as one figure approached the scorched battlefield. The knight watched as this sailor knelt down by one of the piles of ash. He's at least a good tracker, and notices something out of place, even in the dead of night, Galen thought as he quietly observed the sailor. Might as well try and see what I'm dealing with here.

Galen reached down and palmed a loose rock in his hand before giving it a fling, throwing it silently through the air, across the way, and into some of the grasses away from both the sailor and himself.

It made a definite thwish and thud as it passed through the grasses and landed against a fallen log.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ As some of the men roamed around the surrounding area then began to come towards the burnt marks thats when they all jumped to alarm when that thud was heard in the distance. Even the one just below the hidden man went to his feet. All making gestures with their hands, they carefully went to investigate. They were hired help, they were not always hired to think. ~

~Yet as they all went to check out the noise Kai walked up casually to the burn markings. Stopping at they were right to her feet and a few feet away from the hidden man. Standing still as she smelt the air, he may have been hidding but, his scent was not that well hidden. ~

~ Acting as if nothing alarmed her she bent down to examine the dark markings. Touching it briefly with her fingers rubbing it together to get a feel for it, smelling it then tasting it with the tip of her tongue before spitting lightly.~

~ The keen eyes searched more of the area she now crouched to. Pacing herself. As the men were still off searching the more woodsy areas to see if someone was here or it was just an animal. ~

~Kai slowly stood..Turning at first her back to the hidden male. Her hands were placed to the curving hips. Her tongue ran over her bottom lip. As she just slowly, very slowly drew her shimmering greatsword. Holding it with one hand she scratched the tip of the ground with the blade . Pretending as if she was doing something, casually she turned while seemingly testing the ground with it. Stepping within a good enough distance to the hidden male. ~

~As another deep breath was taken , those eyes bright blues lifted from the ground as she stared at the air in which he was at. Slowly the sword was raised as she pointed it directly at him~

" So you going to be brave and show yourself now? Or shall I run you through right here and now? "

~ Tilting her head the raven locks swayed from one side while the sword we turned a bit, taunting the man as she now waited. Yet her patience would not be forever ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

"Indeed, M'lady. I have no lack of bravery. I just have a severe case of shyness, and one you must pardon me for. I mean you no harm, and I should hope you mean none for me."

As Galen spoke, he became visible again, magics distorting the air around him from the tip of his glossy dark hair to the bottom of his armored boots. His golden armor reflected the moonlight very softly. He was now standing, war hammer in hand, but still at his side.

With a very subtle glanced, he looked up towards the tree line with deep chestnut brown eyes. The others had gone into the forest. He and this woman had time to converse before they would return. Odds were good, and Galen figured that there was a higher chance of him living, should things turn hostile. He looked back to the woman and sized her up silently. The sword she carried was larger than she was, however she held it like it weighed nothing. Her locks of raven black hair drew his eyes to meet hers. He felt that there was something alluring and strange to those brilliant blue eyes, but he could not put his finger on it.

Then he did something that was against his very nature.

"I am Mathias Smith, well met."

He lied about who he was!

It was against every fiber of what he believe morally, however his morals also prioritized the importance of survival. He did not know this woman, or her sailors, so for now he would work under a guise of a foot soldier, and not a spell sword would-be paladin.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

" Uh huh "

~ Was the only gesture of words she gave to him when he spoke his fancy smancy words to her. Sword steady in the one hand the eyes watched as the magiced dispersed to show the hidden male finally. He wasn't too shabby but gold other then in her coin she never found too much of an appealing look. Taking in him fully seen she thought him a goodie goodie by his armor alone, along with the way he talked. it was properly addressed and no sound of cockiness or mocking. ~

~ Noting the silence when he stared and more into her eyes then to the body. That was surely reconized. As they stared each other down it seemed the ears made sure to keep locations on the men wandering around like idiots in the woods. The sea brought in a bit of a salty breeze, adding to the eerie feel of unspoken words in this meeting. ~

~ Yet the sword did not waver in her strong grip, she would hold it steady until she fall dead whenever that might be. She had none goodie goodies to be so righteous to slain whomever they thought evil, no matter if they trully were or not. ~

~ So many chaotic thoughts in the peaceful night until he spoke once more. A name, but was it his~

~ Sweetly and so angelic which might have been out of place for a pirate who was not of her background. Though Kai's heritage let it be pulled off as she stepped forward looking so harmless, so charsimatic. Fluttering her lashes as she smiled wider~

" Do you expect me to believe, oh such kind sir that in these circumstances. In a place like this. "

~ Quickly raising her blood stained blade slowly just to barely scrap along his skin of his cheek to show him the tip of her blade right by his eye ball, showing the blackness which was on the tip to his eye level.~

" With this black stained ground, that you are just going to give me any honest information. "

~ She then laugh slowly gliding down the blade so it was flatly along his skin to let him feel the steel on his cheek~

" You must have met some pretty stupid sailors in your time my dear but I assure you I am unlike any other. "

~ Scrunching her nose up as she squeaked with still that brilliant angelic smile to her luscious lips. As just as fast as her sweetness had come. It left as quickly. Her left hand was brought to her lips as she whistled calling for her men~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Her sword was sharp enough to sting against his skin, and also sharp enough to even take off a few hairs of his days old stubble. Even with her faked sweetness and mocked innocence, Galen's composure never faltered, his sincere and serious air never leaving him.

Her whistle was piercing, but not unexpected. Within moments, sailors came running down from the forest to heed the call. There was not much time before he would be surrounded by this shady crew of sailors. Galen lifted his warhammer just enough to gently knock away the tip of the woman's greatsword.

"There's no need for such things here, Miss," he said as he pushed her sword away from his face. His sincere and humbling manner of speech made it very difficult to tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

The other sailors had gathered around, unsure of what to make of this scene. They seemed to wait for some order, or command, Galen noted as he glanced from side to side, silently counting heads in the darkness.

But from who...? His gaze returned back to the woman as a new found realization dawned upon him. She was in charge.

Galen let his swordarm fall to his side again, then he gestured to the piles of ash several yards away with his shield arm.

"I have nothing to hide, Ma'am. The evidence to my 'honest information', as you put it, lies before you now."

He realized he was quite thirsty. He hadn't used his voice even this much in days. He hadn't talked to another living person in over a week. His waterskin had been empty as of this morning, and he hadn't had a chance to refill it. His throat felt scratchy and raw, but he did not let that hinder him now. Talking his way out of this situation seemed to be his only option for survival.

"Those are the remains of several infernals, demon-kin, and abyssal spawn. When slain, they turn to ash. ... I am the last of my squad sent to hunt them down after an attack on a nearby town." Galen hoped he could remember the finer points of his story as he fuddled through half-truths and his foot-soldier guise of a lie.

"I was about to leave the area when I spotted the sails of a ship on the water. I would not have remained for long otherwise, since it is bad luck to be near the spirit of a fallen demon. Much less three of them." Galen said, and glanced to one of the sailors who had just then accidently stepped in one of the ash piles.

"Ma'am, I have met some sailors in my time, and no, I do not find them to be stupid, but rather the opposite. They're resourceful, quick, and knowledgeable of the sea ways, which are all admirable qualities. However, I am as cautious of you as you probably are of me. I am just trying to get back to a port."

He looked back to the woman in charge with his cool, steady gaze. Flecks of gold also seemed to reflect in his chestnut eyes as he studied her reaction to his story. If she ordered her men to kill him right then and there, he would die, but not before wasting at least half of her crew. He hoped she felt the same way... and hoped her crew felt the same way.

... After all, they were all looking at a man who claimed to have single-handedly slain three demons, the remains of ash on the ground before them.

... and unseen to Galen, a glyph on his hammer began to glow just faintly. Perhaps the old woman told him wrong, and there were more than three... Something prowled on the far side of the clearing, and slowly made its way towards the beached row boat. One lone sailor guarded the boat, however did not see his infernal stalker drawing near.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~as he casually pushed aside her sword she laughed to the words that shortly were before. Leaning the greatsword to her shoulder still with only one hand. The eyes paid no mind to the gathering of her crew around her and the other man. After all they were on her payroll not him. ~

~ So many times in his silence she watched him take in his surroundings, the movements that his body made. Especially his arm falling when he spoke to her again. Most men found it hard that a woman was indeed Captain so perhaps he took a bit longer then typically to realize. Which did not bother her at all. ~

~Listening again to his polite speeches, raising both eye brows as she was paitent..then corrected him in the way he addressed her~

" Captain is better suited then ma'am in this suitation sir. "

~ As he went on about the demons, the black markings to the ground.Something she had grown accustom to down in the pits of the abyss itself. She just laughed at him while he explained it all. ~

" I am well aware of the scent and the ashes that are here. Though I thank you for so elaborately sharing your escapades with me. "

~tapping the sword to her shoulder as she moved her head in a light gesture to move the sway locks of raven that kept getting into the path of her sight. ~

" Back to port you say hmm? Well I could grant you a trip on my ship with us for a price. We do have nice places below deck to ...keep travellers comfortable and safe during the voyage. "

~ Grinning as those bright blues stared into his eyes that was until the glowing of one of his items caught her eye. Soon after a bellowing howl could be heard. Kai spun around as she looked back at the shoreline. ~

" Take him "

~ She gestured to the men to restrain the man in gold as she soon ran over to the beach by herself. As got to the edge a crispy man by a damage broken vessel which use to be a boat was found. Her upper lip curled..Something was here and it wasn't human. Carefully she touched the still smoldering body. Bringing her finger tips to the nose as she took in the scent of the demon.~

~ Cursing underneath her breath..slowly she began to back away from the attack. Eyes shifting from blue to a bright golden as the rage built inside. Few steps backwards then finally she started to run back to the men to let them know....but would she make it. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Fool of a woman...

Before any of her men had even made a move towards him, Galen was mumbling arcaic words under his breath as he dashed to the side with the least number of sailors.

One of them raised a scimitar in the air to hack down the charging knight, however it mattered very very little when the head of a war hammer had smashed into the sailor's gut. Another man tried to jump on Galen from the side, however instead of tackling the hedge knight, the sailor's face was smacked quite hard with the front of a metal shield. The man cried out as he fell to his knees, clutching at his broken and bloodied nose.

Just as he broke from the circle, there was another anguished cry from the sailors. Galen hadn't hurt another one... what had happ---

There was a hellish roar from behind him, and he turned immediately. His jaw dropped as he watched a man being ripped right in half by a massive demon. The thing stood eight feet tall, towering over all the sailors in the darkness, and was wider than three men were shoulder-to-shoulder. Its massive claws rendered one of the poor bastards into a bloody spray. Even in the darkness of night, Galen could see the rows upon rows of jagged teeth in its wide gapping maw. A hezrou demon had made its appearance, and was pouring its malice upon the damnable sailors.

Run! Run, you wanna-be paladin. They were going to kill you! Galen thought bitterly to himself as he took several steps forward, towards the hezrou.

Against his better judgement, he ran raised his shield and hammer, and charged back towards the fray. The over-sized toadish looking hezrou had plowed over two more men before the others scrambled for cover. It turned and lashed out with a paw, snatching one of the men by the leg. The man shrieked as the claws bit into flesh.

The Rune Sledge swooshed through the air as Galen brought his weapon down on the exposed arm of the demon. The sound of crushing bone was completely drowned out by the fiendish roar of pain as the demon recoiled back from the knight's attack.

A terrible stench came over Galen as he moved closer to the beast. The abyssal creature possessed a toxic pheromone that made Galen almost gag. He swallowed down his nausea and swung the hammer again, hitting the beast in the same place as before.

The hezrou snapped at him with its jaws. Galen lifted his shield in time to save himself from the attack, however the snapping of his shield's metal trim caused his arm a great deal of pain.

The realization dawned on him. The other three were underlings to this abyssal abomination, overseeing their hellish mission. His mission was not complete yet.

Galen lowered his shield to ready himself for his next attack, however the Hezrou looked just over the knight's shoulder at something behind Galen.

Galen took his chance. The Rune Sledge glowed with a brilliant, fiery light just as its master swung it at the demon's hideous skull.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~After Kai had started making her way back towards the men, she smelt the blood upon the breeze. Again another whistle was given. Louder and more high pitched to barely be heard by humans. At that Hellion had jumped overboard. Kai stopped when she was more in hearing range of the men. The scent of blood was heavier then just one lost soul. The right write twisted as she loosened herself up as she still held her shimmering greatsword. ~

~ Hellion was an accomplished swimmer from his travels with Kai. Reaching the shore in no time, shaking his black coat off as he wasted no more time to catch up with his mistress. ~

~She took a deep breath, cursing to herself and more wondered to herself how she was going to sail if all her crew was dead. Granted she usually killed untrustworthy crews but still. She did that AFTER she got to where she was going. ~

~Kicking the ground while pacing , that was until her head turned to see Hellion running over a little mound of land. Grinning as she nodded to gesture what way to go. ~

~They went around the area where the dead men now lay in blood. As they got closer they saw the battle unfold. The demon ripping her men apart and the golden boy trying to stand on his own. ~

~ A single soft laugh was given. Crouching to the shadows as her and the hell hound moved behind. Once to the edging of the cover they were in. It was time to be brave~

~ After all she delt with this kind for such a time now and after all. She would hide from nothing any longer.~

~ Standing up straight , bringing up her sword to again rest again her slender shoulder those devilish now golden eyes stared down to the firey one of her companions. ~

" This is not a day to die my friend so no accidents. "

~ Hellion snorted as smoke curled up from its nostrils and now they walked slowly..A good few feet away from what Galen was trying to do with the beast. ~

~ Clearing her throat as she steadied herself..in another language she spoke...to the beast it would be understood as ~

" You owe me a new crew you annoying little thing "

~ Granted that beast was no where near being little compared to her, but to the ones she was use to he seemed like a cupcake. ~

~ The hell hound stood next to her as it showed his fanged feet, heaving out smoke through its pearly whites just waiting to have bbq beasty. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Galen would have looked surprised to hear such a foul abyssal tongue spoken by the woman. The hell hound would've been a surprise as well.

That is to say, if he hadn't been in the middle of fighting the actual demon.

He struggled to keep his footing after each heavy blow dealt to him, however the beast was over seven hundred pounds in sheer infernal mass. The blows that landed hurt, but he dealt out punishment just the same. The knight's swings were blurs of movement, crashing the studded hammer into the joints and weak places of the demon.

The beast roared as Galen landed another blow, and in a counterattack, slashed out with a large claw. The attack took the knight off guard a bit, and he was hurled to the ground in a crash with a large, painful "Oof!"

His muscles strained, and his struggled to stand up again, watching as the demon turned to womanly captain, hissing back in the same foul tongue she had used.

Just in arm's reach, a man was crying out in pain as he slowly bled to death. Galen pulled himself away from the battle just to tend to the man's wounds. Placing a hand over the gash long the man's side, the knight called what little healing powers he had, and sealed the wound magically.

Standing up again, clinking in his battle worn armor, Galen prepared to engage the creature again.... though he stopped and paused for a moment to see how he could possibly help the arrogant woman and her fiendish pet.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ Her head moved as she watched Galen get flung like a rag doll. She found it slightly amusing but her attention went back to the beast as Galen gathered himself. Her sword was lowered as the other language was spoken once more. This time a bit darker when being spoken as if giving fair warning to clear out. The beast in turn spoke his answer. Which anyone could observe as a "i don't think so" answer. This time Kai answered back with a bit more forcefullness in her tone as it was threatening. The beast took a moment but thats all it needed. ~

~Moving swiftly from the place it stood to be directly in front of her and grabbed her around the neck. Lifting her off the ground as he began to squeeze. Kai coughing as she grabbed his arm with her left hand. With the beasts free hand he ended up disarming the woman of her greatsword. ~

~ Gasping for breath though she did not fight him as she just stared as he squeezed harder. Eyes softening while both hands were now to his hand trying to pry it from her neck to clear her air ways. Hellion growled but waited. He knew when it would be time to attack and right now it was not that time. ~

~ As Kai was seeming to lose herself one hand stayed to the hand that held her while the other one started to slowly drop down her cleavage. The beasts eyes watched her hand the finger tips as she grabbed in between the spiked red trimmed black top she wore. A stupid grin formed on his face as he stared then back up her deviously as he might keep her after she passed out. ~

~ That one little moment of distraction was all she needed with what strength she had left to call on. Pulling a enchanted dagger quickly out from her top as she then stuck it into his center of his neck. The magic spread through the body to make him quiver.~

~ The hand loosened from her throat but not before he threw her across the way and as he had done so she held on to that dagger to make it ripp through the rest of the side of his neck. Exposing the flesh almost down to the bones. A diving light glistened to the meat of the body .~

~ Kai's back hitting a rock near by as she fell free of the beast, thats when Hellion attacked. Pounding on the beast as he shreaded more into the open wound. Grabbing a vise grip as he thrashed his head back and forth. Blood squirted to stain the ground until the beast fell even still trying to fight the hell hound off. ~

~ Hellion viciously tore at the beast trying to rip the head clean off while Kai tried to stay awake. Moaning as she slipped down to the ground to lay. A hand going to her hand from the pain as with what sight she had , she watched on as Hellion went to finish the job ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

"Well..." Galen mumbled as he watched Ki'Kai get throw from the beast. He visibly winced when her -heard- her smack into the near by rock. His first instinct was to see if she was alright, but his second, more overwhelming instinct was his sense of duty.

The fiendish hound was busily trying to take down the thrashing demon. Galen had taken several steps forward, back towards battle. Whatever that dagger had been enchanted with, it was impressively effective. Whispering ancient incantations, Galen called forth his strongest enchanting magics. The Rune Sledge glowed in a hazy yellow light, emitting almost a fiery aura to it. Tiny glyphs winked in and out of existance all around it as the hammer was imbued with more and more magic.

He charged forward, closing the distance between him and the fallen demon. It thrashed and beat at the hell hound with massive claws. Galen twirled the handle of the warhammer in his hand before seizing a firm grip on the weapon, and let his arm drop behind him. He planted his left foot right beside the demon's toad-like head, and swung with all his might with his Rune Sledge.

The Hammer arced in the air, a trail of magic left in its wake. The head of the weapon smashed so fully into the beast's skull that there was a ripping of flesh, bone, and the crackling spewing of forceful magic delivered right to the demon's head.

The demon writhed in pain, its natural reflexes taking over more than the beast's own will to move. The thrashing slowed... and soon stopped. Black puss and oozing blood seeped from the massive wounds and began to pool on the grassy ground.

Galen looked over the kill. The hellhound had backed off, still growling at... well, either Galen or the Demon, but the knight could not and did not want to tell. With a steady gaze, Galen watched as the demon began to crisp, smoke, and finally begin to burn of its own infernal nature. The body was being incenerated, and the essence of the demonic creature was quickly on its way to the Abyss.

Galen said a phrase in an ancient, old tongue before turning away from the smoldering ashes to Ki'Kai.

Galen approached her, his warhammer dripping in demon gore. The glyphs of his hammer still glowing in the night's darkness. He took several steps toward her. She was carelessly reckless, foolishly stupid, had wanted him taken prisoner... and had done the most to bring down the fiendish beast, willing to put herself at lethal risk in order to accomplish her goal.

"Impressive move. Are you hurt?" he asked quietly as he offered a hand to help her up. He glanced at her throat... already there seemed to be some discoloration. By tomorrow morning, her tender throat would be black and blue with bruises, Galen guessed.

He was very tense... the woman seemed unpredictable. She could smile at one moment, then order her mutt to rip him open the next. ... but he was trying to be prepared... and mentally readied a powerful banishing spell.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~As her back ached she managed to sit up to watch. Taking note to herself she was well out of practice because of leaving her profession behind. Curling her upper lip as she sat with her legs crossed just watching now. Rubbing her back with one hand as she knew she was going to be sore in the morning. Eyes of gold faded back to their beautiful blues. Making sure Hellion did his job but not too well. ~

~ After all she wanted to see what the man had in him. Why act all in destructable the first meeting? Never learn anything that way. She laughed to herself. Now as she watched she also dreaded the trip back to the keep. Knowing she was sore and that half her men were dead. Sighing she also grunted ~

~ As Galen observed Hellion and the beast. Buying his time as debated on his moves. Finally he took some action. Kai winced at the sight. Thinking to herself. ' that had to hurt '. Hellion removed himself from the beast the moment the weapon of Galen struck. Trotting his way over to Kai. Scratches could be seen on his rip cage along to his neck. ~

~ Carefully she petted him, putting her forehead to the animal as she whispered to him alone ~

" Don't worry I will fix you up my companion. "

~ As Galen over. Staring down at her then addressing her. She shrugged her shoulders~

" I've had worse. "

~Looking to his hand as she got up on her own. Pushing herself up by her knees. From the sight, scarring could be seen to her shoulder blades. Not exactly the most attractive sight but she surely could hold her own from the markings. ~

~ Standing upright she dusted herself off, putting her hands on her hips ~

" Well since that thing wasn't with you. You ready to set sail now? "

~ Raising both her eye brows as she smiled. Petting Hellion's head then began to walk over to see who was left. Acting as if what just happened was no big deal at all. Then again on adventures like hers, you start to see a little bit of everything and then you move. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

It seemed odd that a person would have battle scars on the back of their shoulders. Most people who were attacked from behind did not live to bare the scars to begin with. It was ... odd. Something did not add up right about the battlescars he noticed. There but for the moment, Galen did not linger on the thought, and he certainly did not ask about it. The last thing he needed was to give this woman one reason to not allow him to sail to port with her. It was a very very long walk home.

His blood still pumped hot, and the adreniline rushing through his body still made him restless. He would've died if it had not been for the She-Sailor and her fiendish mutt. It had been a day of near-misses, and he was counting himself blessed as he listened to the woman. Her casual mannerisms seemed to devalue the situation some, but Galen did not let it visibly impress him. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted a cold drink and hot bath.

"Ready, willing, and able. Thank you, Captain," Galen responded to her more or less rhetorical question. An opportunity for a hastened return to civilization was not one to be lost, and especially since he was admittedly without any more supplies. He also silently hoped that this Captain woman would allow him to lend a hand with the ship's duties in return for some basic lodging and food.

Of course, she did try to forcefully take you captive, you tinheaded lug... Galen thought to himself as he followed her to take stock of the rest of the men.

The half dozen or so that had made it without injury gave a hearty cheer of victory as they saw their captain, and this new gold armored knight approaching from the battlefield, victorious in the fight against the demon.

Galen stopped frequently at a fallen body to see if the person was alive. Most times, his effort was in vain. The demon could cut through a normal man like a hot knife through soft butter, and it showed in the death toll.

Over half the men that had come with the landing party were already dead. The wounded were treated, Galen saw to that, at the very least. He used several bandages from his own supplies to stop any bleeding from wounds. Galen could see a bit of confusion in their eyes as he worked quickly and efficiently. Several minutes ago, they were ordered to take this man down, and toss him in the brig... now this very man was helping to preserve their lives? It seemed absurd.

But the knight understood it all very easily. They all had their duties and responsibilities. The sailors had their loyalty to the She-Captain, and Galen's loyalties were to his personal moral code. He would help a fallen man if wounded, and tried to give what he could to those in need. And so, soon, the wounded were treated and their injuries dressed as best they could be.

Galen approached the Captain. When she acknowledged him even being there, he pointed to the charred remains of the rowboat that the sailors had come on.

"Hopefully your ship has another landing boat? And a man or two on board that can row it over here?"
ZOMFGOMBIES!