ECL XP and Appearance Bug

Report any bugs you find here.
StarChild
Count
Count

ECL XP and Appearance Bug

Post by StarChild »

I've been pretty absent from the forums and game a bit (ultra busy) but I played a bit last night. What I've noticed is this.

1. ECL XP is totally nerfed again. My Yuanti is getting 25 xp a wolf with an ECL of 2, thats not good.
2. Changing the appearance of my forged robe totatlly changed into a robe that can only be used by monks. WTF? I know that code is buggy but hey I'd thought I'd bring it up to your attention.

Later guys.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
arwan
Count
Count

Re: ECL XP and Appearance Bug

Post by arwan »

a human fighter will also get 25 xp from a wolf at level 1
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Yes xp over all has been altered in many areas. I believe Driller is experimenting trying to get the xp more to his liking. It may be wonky in some areas for a bit.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Really, how much xp should a wolf with 5 hp give?

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:Yes xp over all has been altered in many areas. I believe Driller is experimenting trying to get the xp more to his liking. It may be wonky in some areas for a bit.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Well as I said its been a while since I've played and even longer since ive been lvl 1 so it was new to me. Last time i was lvl 1 wolves wwere giving 55 xp.

Change noted
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

driller wrote:Really, how much xp should a wolf with 5 hp give?

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:Yes xp over all has been altered in many areas. I believe Driller is experimenting trying to get the xp more to his liking. It may be wonky in some areas for a bit.
Please dont be offended Driller but i feel xp is too easily aquired, im actually glad you have decided to lower the xp bar. The first few lvls of the server are chalenging but after that xp comes thick and fast. I have achieved lvl 10 with a friend within a day, and lvl 30 within 3 weeks. some areas the xp is so fast you cant keep up with the lvl ups. Tyranoids & YUanti in particular, tyranoids spawn so thick and fast you gain medium xp real fast there,in fact you can stay there for about 5 lvls and totaly skip Mino's then move to the mount. then Yuanti offer 200xp a pop, two good builds can take that place and lvl up real fast too. also the pirate island is another huge rapid xp gain area. As you all know im a powergamer though^^ so perhaps a normal player would never achieve so much so fast. As i stated earlier i dont intend any offence whatsoever with my comments, this is my favourite server and so was BSK1 :)
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The server is designed to appeal to the casual player. A casual player wants to see progression for the time they have spent here. Power gamers will always level faster than most regular players will.

-driller

shadowflame wrote:
driller wrote:Really, how much xp should a wolf with 5 hp give?

-driller
Please dont be offended Driller but i feel xp is too easily aquired, im actually glad you have decided to lower the xp bar. The first few lvls of the server are chalenging but after that xp comes thick and fast. I have achieved lvl 10 with a friend within a day, and lvl 30 within 3 weeks. some areas the xp is so fast you cant keep up with the lvl ups. Tyranoids & YUanti in particular, tyranoids spawn so thick and fast you gain medium xp real fast there,in fact you can stay there for about 5 lvls and totaly skip Mino's then move to the mount. then Yuanti offer 200xp a pop, two good builds can take that place and lvl up real fast too. also the pirate island is another huge rapid xp gain area. As you all know im a powergamer though^^ so perhaps a normal player would never achieve so much so fast. As i stated earlier i dont intend any offence whatsoever with my comments, this is my favourite server and so was BSK1 :)
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

yes i agree totally.
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I wasn't saying a negative about the wolves xp being 25 xp. Sheesh, try other severs where gnolls are like 32 xp at level 3 LOL.
As for leveling fast i agree also that someone who knows where to go can POWER PLAY to level 30 in only 4 days or so. And with a party even quicker. But that's kind of a choice thing. Love the server too :). All my buds are here. Or as the Tick says, "You can't blow up the Earth! That's where I keep all my stuff!" I feel Drillers is trying to make the server more balanced and that's a good thing, really. It may just take some time to feel everything out.But he has ALWAYS been quick to check into a possible problem or major nerf.
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

as has been noted by a few of the players.. i tend to start over.. OFTEN.. LOL. so i only have one epic character and i think 6 or so non epic. that being said i lost a lot of interest in my epic char when i saw there were very few areas i could level her solo effectively.. not impossible just would be a bit boring and slow.

what i would like to see is more enemy diversity in the over world zones. i can only think of two over world zone that has more than one enemy to encounter one is the crypt with level 1-3 undead zombies zombie warriors and skeletons. the other is also an undead zone and its that city that costs you 1000 coin to get to.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

arwan wrote:as has been noted by a few of the players.. i tend to start over.. OFTEN.. LOL. so i only have one epic character and i think 6 or so non epic. that being said i lost a lot of interest in my epic char when i saw there were very few areas i could level her solo effectively.. not impossible just would be a bit boring and slow.

what i would like to see is more enemy diversity in the over world zones. i can only think of two over world zone that has more than one enemy to encounter one is the crypt with level 1-3 undead zombies zombie warriors and skeletons. the other is also an undead zone and its that city that costs you 1000 coin to get to.
I agree. I think Marvale is probably one of the best built areas. You may not lvl extremely fast but the diversity in monsters is wonderfult. The swamps are good too. So are the goblin mines. I also like Gleaanas second quest temple.

The crypts with the orbs are not impressive.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

It has also been my hopes for new areas for Epics. I like the new low level areas but low level characters ALREADY have plenty of quests. I can't wait for some new high level quests. :)
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

I still wish XP was divided by 2 at least when in a party of more than three players. It seems like I saw someone go from 26 to 29 not too long ago in a matter of a few hours... in a fair sized party in the Jungle. In a party, many of the areas give out too much xp, IMO, of course. Dividing the XP by 2 or 3 instead of the 5 or 6 like D&D rules dictate might be a middle ground.

And 25xp seems just right for 5hp wolves.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

D&D rules assume a party of 4.. so the xp you see in things like monster manual would be what each player would get.. in a party of 4.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Ahh, the level 26 to 30 in a few hours was me, I think, but this could have been an optical illusion as I was swapping to ressurect someone with an already level 30. I couldnt get to them with Old Alucard so I logged with New Alucard. Old Alucard was level 27 or so that day and I swapped to New Alucard who is already level 30 to battle to them and Ressurect them. (2 characters same name). Although it verry well could have been some other incident (someone else). But I do recall having to do that and maybe you thought I jumped from 27 to 30 faster than I did, when actually I just swapped characters. Although I played like over 6 hours that day leveling Old Alucard...could have been 8 or 9 hours...I loose track sometimes.