Forging bug

Report any bugs you find here.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Forging bug

Post by Doofy Britches »

Hello Driller!

We have noted a forging bug with yellow forge stones. When putting a yellow stone on the the only item that will accept it.. it provides no benefit (bonus) We've tried two such stones now.. one on Balindun and one on Eomer.. and neither character is getting the prescribed benefit the stone should give.

Can you look into this?

Thanks-
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forging bug

Post by driller »

I will check it out.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Hello Driller!

We have noted a forging bug with yellow forge stones. When putting a yellow stone on the the only item that will accept it.. it provides no benefit (bonus) We've tried two such stones now.. one on Balindun and one on Eomer.. and neither character is getting the prescribed benefit the stone should give.

Can you look into this?

Thanks-
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Thank you kindly sir-
driller wrote:I will check it out.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Hello Driller!

Can you look into this?

Thanks-
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

What is the only item that accepts yellow forge stones? I've been out the loop a while. New job.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

A New Bug

BOWS- I tried 3 different forge stones on a shortbow, each stone was used up with a msg saying "Excellent Result" but no properties were added to the weapon. So beware all you forge stone testers hehe.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I tested the yellow and it worked fine. What stones did you try on the bows?

-driller
shadowflame wrote:A New Bug

BOWS- I tried 3 different forge stones on a shortbow, each stone was used up with a msg saying "Excellent Result" but no properties were added to the weapon. So beware all you forge stone testers hehe.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

driller wrote:I tested the yellow and it worked fine. What stones did you try on the bows?

-driller

Emerald, Indigo & Purple
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The properties that those stones give will not work on a bow. The code has been changed to reflect that.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:
driller wrote:I tested the yellow and it worked fine. What stones did you try on the bows?

-driller

Emerald, Indigo & Purple
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

You missed one :( I tried a Rusette Stone on a bow and it said, "excellent results", and stole my stone. The bow has NO enchantments on it but my stone is gone. DAMN!!
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

REd forgie on a robe
forge activated.. said xecellent result..nothing changed and LOST my red forgie! OMG
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

in response to Cybermagi she was on her build Panacea stormwatcher, she had a socket robe with %10 slashing immunity.
Red forge should have given /-10 dammage soak.
But never gave any property.
Now she has lost her stone.
Cheers, Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All these issues should be fixed after the next reset. As for the bows, most stone won't work on them due to item limitations.

-driller
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well if a stone won't work on them SHOULDN'T it say, " Will not work on current item try another"? Or some such as it often does on other items it doesn't work on? I mean loosing your forge stones TRYING to find out what does and doesn't work on a bow is making us all go bald (but we have nice shag rugs now, from the piles of hair on floor :lol: ). If it doesn't work the forge SHOULDN'T take our stones. There are alotta archers out there dreaming of a nice bow.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It does say that, try again.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:Well if a stone won't work on them SHOULDN'T it say, " Will not work on current item try another"? Or some such as it often does on other items it doesn't work on? I mean loosing your forge stones TRYING to find out what does and doesn't work on a bow is making us all go bald (but we have nice shag rugs now, from the piles of hair on floor :lol: ). If it doesn't work the forge SHOULDN'T take our stones. There are alotta archers out there dreaming of a nice bow.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Odd I lost my stones. They were taken and no enchantment added. :( i seem to get all kindsa bugs only on my end. But i will let you know if I try again and it takes the stone without adding an enhancement.