Spell Bugs?

Report any bugs you find here.
BrionT
Commoner
Commoner

Spell Bugs?

Post by BrionT »

Hi,

I've been noticing a few discrepancies in how spells work differently compared to their description. I'm wondering if these are intended changes meant for BSK or just bugs.

1) Tortoise Shell (Druid lvl 6) only gives +3 Natural armor bonus for a level 11 Druid. It should be +6. This bug only happens when I'm on BSK. I tested it in a single player module, and the spell works correctly as per its description.

2) Improved Mage Armor (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 3) seem to only last 1 min/level. Description for the spell reads 1 hr/level. It runs out about the same time as my 1 min/lvl spells.

3) Energy Immunity (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 7) doesn't seem to last as long as it should. It should last for 24 hours but so far I've noticed that it runs out pretty quickly as if it works like a buffer (eg. Protection from Elements) as oppose to being an immunity.
Kibb Longfellow
Llinef Sunchaser
Samar
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spell Bugs?

Post by driller »

A few spells have been tweaked to work more withing the low magic setting of BSK2. I don't remember tweaking any spell times though.

-driller
BrionT wrote:Hi,

I've been noticing a few discrepancies in how spells work differently compared to their description. I'm wondering if these are intended changes meant for BSK or just bugs.

1) Tortoise Shell (Druid lvl 6) only gives +3 Natural armor bonus for a level 11 Druid. It should be +6. This bug only happens when I'm on BSK. I tested it in a single player module, and the spell works correctly as per its description.

2) Improved Mage Armor (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 3) seem to only last 1 min/level. Description for the spell reads 1 hr/level. It runs out about the same time as my 1 min/lvl spells.

3) Energy Immunity (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 7) doesn't seem to last as long as it should. It should last for 24 hours but so far I've noticed that it runs out pretty quickly as if it works like a buffer (eg. Protection from Elements) as oppose to being an immunity.
BrionT
Commoner
Commoner

Post by BrionT »

Ok, I'm assuming that Tortoise Shell has been tweaked. If it wasn't, just ignore my post below.

For my caster level 12 Druid, here's the following result of using Spiderskin, Barkskin and Tortoise Shell:

- Level 3 Spiderskin gives +5 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 12, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 2 Barkskin gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 13, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 6 Tortoise Shell gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. No idea what the increase/caster level or cap is like.

From the test above, I've got no reason to use Tortoise Shell, when the other two spells are more effective at a lower spell slot. I'm guessing it has a higher cap than the other two spells (I hope) so it gets useful at a higher caster level. But for the caster level 11 Druid (who only gets +3 Natural AC enhancement bonus), this is a useless spell.
Kibb Longfellow
Llinef Sunchaser
Samar
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, the spells need more tweaking.

-driller
BrionT wrote:Ok, I'm assuming that Tortoise Shell has been tweaked. If it wasn't, just ignore my post below.

For my caster level 12 Druid, here's the following result of using Spiderskin, Barkskin and Tortoise Shell:

- Level 3 Spiderskin gives +5 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 12, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 2 Barkskin gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 13, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 6 Tortoise Shell gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. No idea what the increase/caster level or cap is like.

From the test above, I've got no reason to use Tortoise Shell, when the other two spells are more effective at a lower spell slot. I'm guessing it has a higher cap than the other two spells (I hope) so it gets useful at a higher caster level. But for the caster level 11 Druid (who only gets +3 Natural AC enhancement bonus), this is a useless spell.
BrionT
Commoner
Commoner

Post by BrionT »

driller wrote:Yes, the spells need more tweaking.

-driller
When they are all done and dusted, will we players get to see the list of spells tweaked on the forum?
Kibb Longfellow
Llinef Sunchaser
Samar
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Do you have a cookie?

-driller
BrionT wrote:
driller wrote:Yes, the spells need more tweaking.

-driller
When they are all done and dusted, will we players get to see the list of spells tweaked on the forum?
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

I can arrange to provide you with a cookie at a time and place of your choosing, if the modified spells are posted somewhere.
"I think I can say with no irony whatsoever that this plan is flawless."
Wielder of the Mustache of Power
Jeffaman
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jeffaman »

OK, This would be Kamu in game.

I looked through the forums and I haven't seen anything in reference to what i am about to post on so i tried to tie it into the correct category, if there is indeed one, then Hopefully this can be transferred to that thread.

When i was playing with spells, I have come to realize while under the effects of a spell of transformation the character stops gaining experience, replaced with a message "your character must finish leveling before it can gain further Experience"

Now while i can only test tensor's transformation and poly morph self and i do not personally care for them due to the low effects and strength of them, I do however plan to use Shape change to strengthen my character in battle, and would like this experience matter resolved for my own selfish enjoyment and those who would also enjoy transformation side of the arcane.

I am aware of the previous posters comments on spell tweaking and a list of changes, and i would also inquire to the modification on timing, once again for personal reasons and of no dire importance, just a generalization regarding duration of in game minutes, hours would be great, or even foot notes on changes. all would be appreciated.

I'm new to the community, this is my first post, and i'd just like to say, thank you all for helping me in game with background lore, information and strategies regarding areas and quests.

I look forward to hearing a reply,

-Jeff
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

REBIRTH of an old thread.. for the same purpose

BSK2

paladin spells that i have noticed not working correctly..

aura of faith. level 2 +4 cha and +5 (i think) vs fear for allies within range. no longer get the +4 cha. not sure on the fear bonus.

that is all for now.. there were more.. forgot there names.. will try and post later. one was a kaedrins spell that is suposed to give 5/adamantine 5/+1 negative DR.. was not working in mirkwood area.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Most of the spells have been updated to use Reeron's PnP fixes.

-driller
arwan wrote:REBIRTH of an old thread.. for the same purpose

BSK2

paladin spells that i have noticed not working correctly..

aura of faith. level 2 +4 cha and +5 (i think) vs fear for allies within range. no longer get the +4 cha. not sure on the fear bonus.

that is all for now.. there were more.. forgot there names.. will try and post later. one was a kaedrins spell that is suposed to give 5/adamantine 5/+1 negative DR.. was not working in mirkwood area.
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

then i must say this link http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=99 is MUST reading for anyone who uses spells