Renaming Items and Socketed Items

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Renaming Items and Socketed Items

Post by Nottingham »

The ability to rename items would be very nice. There has been an improvement lately, and now items are named Masterwork Leather, etc., but crafted items and other random drops are just normally named items. If you end up with a short sword that does an extra 1d4 fire, after using a red stone on it, it would be nice to rename it to Short Sword of Fire, etc.

Two+ years ago on BK2 (NWN2), there were socketed items in the blacksmith's shop. Using one stone could create 1d4 fire, a second would change it to 1d6, and a third could change it to 1d8. This would be very welcome.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Renaming Items and Socketed Items

Post by Kmoki »

I would love to see the return of BSK 1's socketed items and socket stones. I could have sworn the first stone was 1d6, though. I sort of fuzzily remember having a weapon with +3d6 of various elemental damages.

If Driller thinks that's too much damage for a weapon, you could always set it to lock into one damage type. So, if you had a 3 socket sword, you could turn it into a 1d8 or 1d10 fire weapon, but not a d6 fire/d6 ice/d6 sonic weapon.

Disclaimer: This may or may not be achievable, given code limitations.
"I think I can say with no irony whatsoever that this plan is flawless."
Wielder of the Mustache of Power
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renaming Items and Socketed Items

Post by driller »

Socketing and Forging will be included when I do the next big update.

-driller
Nottingham wrote:The ability to rename items would be very nice. There has been an improvement lately, and now items are named Masterwork Leather, etc., but crafted items and other random drops are just normally named items. If you end up with a short sword that does an extra 1d4 fire, after using a red stone on it, it would be nice to rename it to Short Sword of Fire, etc.

Two+ years ago on BK2 (NWN2), there were socketed items in the blacksmith's shop. Using one stone could create 1d4 fire, a second would change it to 1d6, and a third could change it to 1d8. This would be very welcome.