Disarm Disarmingly Bugged!

Report any bugs you find here.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Disarm Disarmingly Bugged!

Post by Deathsinger »

In the Swamp Kyron caves I was disarmed. My sword I hadworked SO very hard to get was not in my inventory or on the ground. A glitch I thought and was very upset, but continued to work at buying another. :(
After much crazy searching for the ever elusive Blue Imbue Stone I finally broke down and bought one (OUCH). And found an enchanter to make another expensive sword. Only to battle Yuanti and be disarmed. Guess what? Not in inventory & not on the ground. Obviously there is a MAJOR bug with being disarmed on the server.
I had to borrow another Blue Imbue Stone and get an enchanter to enchant YET another sword. This is getting ridiculous! Pehaps DISARM should be DISABLED on the server? At least till the problem can be fixed.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disarm Disarmingly Bugged!

Post by driller »

I will look at it.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:In the Swamp Kyron caves I was disarmed. My sword I hadworked SO very hard to get was not in my inventory or on the ground. A glitch I thought and was very upset, but continued to work at buying another. :(
After much crazy searching for the ever elusive Blue Imbue Stone I finally broke down and bought one (OUCH). And found an enchanter to make another expensive sword. Only to battle Yuanti and be disarmed. Guess what? Not in inventory & not on the ground. Obviously there is a MAJOR bug with being disarmed on the server.
I had to borrow another Blue Imbue Stone and get an enchanter to enchant YET another sword. This is getting ridiculous! Pehaps DISARM should be DISABLED on the server? At least till the problem can be fixed.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have worked around a bug in one of Obsidian's functions. It should now work properly.

-driller
driller wrote:I will look at it.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:In the Swamp Kyron caves I was disarmed. My sword I hadworked SO very hard to get was not in my inventory or on the ground. A glitch I thought and was very upset, but continued to work at buying another. :(
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I lost another damn greatsword last night fighting they Yuanti. Disarm is NOT fixed. It apeared on the ground and as I went to get it the sword disapeared before i got there. Maybe disarm should do like some servers and put the weapon in your inventory. You still can't re-equip untill you leave combat, so it was still make an inconvenience. But you wouldn't go broke replacing +4 or +5 swords! Certainly putting it in inventory would be a safe place for it. Someone said perhaps the cleanup script got my sword. I don't know but I'm a broke ass epic now :( .
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Deathsinger wrote:I lost another damn greatsword last night fighting they Yuanti. Disarm is NOT fixed. It apeared on the ground and as I went to get it the sword disapeared before i got there. Maybe disarm should do like some servers and put the weapon in your inventory. You still can't re-equip untill you leave combat, so it was still make an inconvenience. But you wouldn't go broke replacing +4 or +5 swords! Certainly putting it in inventory would be a safe place for it. Someone said perhaps the cleanup script got my sword. I don't know but I'm a broke ass epic now :( .
I Have to say i agree, with so many creatures on the server able to disarm its a difficult choice to adventure there out of fear of losing a weapon.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There is code to put the weapon in your inventory. The cleanup script won't fire until after 5 minutes.
So not sure here.

-driller
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have tested and tested this. Currently, the item drops to the ground.

-driller
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Would you consider adding this code to bsk?

I think the real problem here is that when someone loses there weapon they dont get the chance to pick it up as they get mobbed., if a yuanti disarms ,you have no choice but to run out of the zone. (sneakers being the exception to this ofcourse)

Personally i never adventure in any zone that disarms with my main weapon. i carry a couple of standard weapons as back up for these areas. As a Cleric/Stormlord im able to enhance any spear i find with spells. Not everyone has this luxury.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It does have the code. But it is disabled until I figure out why it isn't working correctly.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:Would you consider adding this code to bsk?

I think the real problem here is that when someone loses there weapon they dont get the chance to pick it up as they get mobbed., if a yuanti disarms ,you have no choice but to run out of the zone. (sneakers being the exception to this ofcourse)

Personally i never adventure in any zone that disarms with my main weapon. i carry a couple of standard weapons as back up for these areas. As a Cleric/Stormlord im able to enhance any spear i find with spells. Not everyone has this luxury.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Disarm is fixed now.

-driller
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Thats great news, Thanks Driller
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I lost another +5 Greratsword +1d4 enegy damage today. Am I the only one who thinks that Disarm should be disabled Period? I mean knock down is enough but now Im broke, can't replace the weapon, and teh crafters cant make a +5 anymore until they all level more. So I'm just Fed! :( Saddening.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

When you are disarmed, the item does not fall to the ground(as you said it did in your PM).
It is copied back to your inventory. Check to it to make sure.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:I lost another +5 Greratsword +1d4 enegy damage today. Am I the only one who thinks that Disarm should be disabled Period? I mean knock down is enough but now Im broke, can't replace the weapon, and teh crafters cant make a +5 anymore until they all level more. So I'm just Fed! :( Saddening.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well I have 2 witnesses who will tell you it FELL to teh ground. Could it be because I duel wield? I don't know but ask Orionnebula and Idan crysmore. Ask them.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, dual wield could be the issue. Was it your offhand that was disarmed?

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:Well I have 2 witnesses who will tell you it FELL to teh ground. Could it be because I duel wield? I don't know but ask Orionnebula and Idan crysmore. Ask them.