Server update

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: Server update

Post by shadowflame »

The few items that Akon sells above 100k have been removed guys. The items were overpowered for this server.
OrionNebula
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

im just wondering what the verdict was on the PRK pack that was brought up some time ago.. it was going to add a bunch of classes. are we going to see that in the future or is that a no go?
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

shadowflame wrote:The few items that Akon sells above 100k have been removed guys. The items were overpowered for this server.

well *%&$(%"(*%& !!!
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

Wow... I have not played in a while... but I have two characters with over 100k gold... I still have not made it into Akons... and I did not earn the gold by exploiting any shop bug... but I have been hording my gold since last spring with the intent of finally getting into Akons and going on a spending spree... this does not seem fair to me. I do not think I have logged on after that change was made.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

there was only 2 maybe 3 items that were 100k +, tbh Akons store is very over rated, i was dissapointed after spending hours getting in there. Perhaps his stock has changed since i was last there but the question is this., Is it worth the crashes, boredom, and effort to find out^^
OrionNebula
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

apart from one other, they were the only things that made it worth getting into Akons - so nope - its not worth the effort now.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I had FINALLY gotten in again only to be disappointed immensely.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

It has been so hard to hook up with crafters... and then I hate taking up their time with dumb questions, but it is hard to learn exactly what you want until you understand the crafting system, and you really only understand the crafting system by crafting--and then the crafting system keeps changing. So I was kind of like, fine, I will spend an exorbitant amount of gold to do what is easy for a crafter. But now... I guess I no longer have an exorbitant amount of gold. When did this shop bug that was exploited show up? Perhaps I can prove I have hardly played over the last two months.

Does the shop at least have +4 weapons? I planned to buy a few of those, a half dozen or so, just for my five or so 20ish level characters. And as a teacher with the summer off, all I really did over the summer was generate and hoard gold... and now, apparently, most of it has been lost.
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

Nottingham wrote:It has been so hard to hook up with crafters... and then I hate taking up their time with dumb questions, but it is hard to learn exactly what you want until you understand the crafting system, and you really only understand the crafting system by crafting--and then the crafting system keeps changing. So I was kind of like, fine, I will spend an exorbitant amount of gold to do what is easy for a crafter. But now... I guess I no longer have an exorbitant amount of gold. When did this shop bug that was exploited show up? Perhaps I can prove I have hardly played over the last two months.

Does the shop at least have +4 weapons? I planned to buy a few of those, a half dozen or so, just for my five or so 20ish level characters. And as a teacher with the summer off, all I really did over the summer was generate and hoard gold... and now, apparently, most of it has been lost.
akons shop is practically full of +4 items. and a slight few unique items.. of note there is a helmet sword cape and maybe the 2 rings you will want. cape is = to +3 ring and +3 universal saves helmet is +2 deflection ac +6 con fear immune (not sure on fear) sword is great vs giants also has +4 enchantment. which may not sound all that great. unless you want to use it to start a new character.. but i use it with a few forges on it with my level 30 druid. the rings are really for wizards, he has i think every scroll spell in BSK and he has a few unique consumables like potion of heal and i think he has +10 heal kits.. also he has traps. personally i would like to see a few +6 armors/ shields maybe a +6 weapon or two something that you cant with spells. since forging only goes as good as spells also. he also has a +4 light shield.. no +4 medium or tower.

did all that from memory.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

So the Forrestwalker boots are gone? and the tower +4? used to be an ammy +4 in there also
OrionNebula
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

Is there still a gold cap at 100K? All my gold is pooled onto two characters with the hope that I can finally get into Akons, and I have been afraid to log in during the last two months and have a large chunk of my earnings from both the Spring and Summer of 2009 get deleted just because someone found an exploit in some store. And the two friends I play with only come on when we plan gaming nights.
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

from what I understand, Nottingham, the gold cap is on the price tags of items sold in Akons, not personal gold held.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

Driller's comment was something like this will only affect a few of you, meaninhg the few of us that have a lot of gold and have not spent it yet at Akons. If it was the price of items that were capped, and not the gold total on characters, I think it would have been worded differently. Can someone confirm that their character has more than 100k gold?

I really do not want to log on and lose gold that could be used to buy a few +4 weapons.
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

Several of my characters have more than 100k gp.

Thanks
Humiz
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Nottingham wrote:Driller's comment was something like this will only affect a few of you, meaninhg the few of us that have a lot of gold and have not spent it yet at Akons. If it was the price of items that were capped, and not the gold total on characters, I think it would have been worded differently. Can someone confirm that their character has more than 100k gold?

I really do not want to log on and lose gold that could be used to buy a few +4 weapons.
Actually I can my main character Cassy already has approaching 2.2 million

Sapphire