Opening Persistant Chest when in Animal Form

Report any bugs you find here.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Opening Persistant Chest when in Animal Form

Post by Nottingham »

I did this the other night without realizing it. The chest did not open. Then I remembered I was still in animal form. I went on to the store and sold off some items. I then returned to my chest in normal form and crashed the server when I attempted to open it. Upon reset, I had lost all items from my chest.

Note to self: do not attempt to open persistant chest with in animal form.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Re: Opening Persistant Chest when in Animal Form

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

You should also know that you lose any damage buffs (e.g. flame weapon, storm avatar, jagged tooth, magic fang) when the server saves your character while you are shapeshifted. I think it's because it unpolymorphs you, then polymorphs you again in a split second- and in that split second you lose your claw attacks and the buffs that you had on them. Makes it ridiculously hard to play a wildshape druid when every 3 min your most important offensive buffs get wiped clean. BSK1 had a similar problem with the autosaves (when server autosaved your polymorphed character, you would stop attacking and suddenly become flatfooted... had something to do with avoiding the weapon switch exploit). Druids once again take a back seat. #-o
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This isn't a BSK problem, it is an NWN2 problem.

-driler
Milk_Chocolate wrote:You should also know that you lose any damage buffs (e.g. flame weapon, storm avatar, jagged tooth, magic fang) when the server saves your character while you are shapeshifted. I think it's because it unpolymorphs you, then polymorphs you again in a split second- and in that split second you lose your claw attacks and the buffs that you had on them. Makes it ridiculously hard to play a wildshape druid when every 3 min your most important offensive buffs get wiped clean. BSK1 had a similar problem with the autosaves (when server autosaved your polymorphed character, you would stop attacking and suddenly become flatfooted... had something to do with avoiding the weapon switch exploit). Druids once again take a back seat. #-o
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

I stand corrected O.o

*adds this to the [extremely long] list of NWN2 problems, right underneath Warlock spell penetration and invisibility not working*

Whew I'll have carpal tunnel by the time I'm done with this list.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Damn right...

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:I stand corrected O.o

*adds this to the [extremely long] list of NWN2 problems, right underneath Warlock spell penetration and invisibility not working*

Whew I'll have carpal tunnel by the time I'm done with this list.