Grok the Ogrelord

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Eylk
Commoner
Commoner

Grok the Ogrelord

Post by Eylk »

Alright, this is my first post here, I know it, and I have no idea if this has been posted before, but why is it that Grok respawns just a few seconds after death? I was leveling on the ogres, and after 10-20 minutes of Grinding, I've gotten about 860 Xp, and I'm level 8. That's including what I got from Grok. Then he respawns, with me only left with about 10-20 Hp, as it was a bad duel against him the first time. Then, I died, wasting the whole time I'd just spent...

He's the only boss I've seen do this, The Den Mother takes a few minutes, Spider Queen I've not even stayed around long enough to fight twice, as is the same with the goblin leader, and the Orb I only saw respawn once. Why does Grok need to respawn so quickly?

If this seems like a rant, it may be that I'm slightly angered by Grok right now...

<EDIT>The reason this is in suggestions is my original point of writing this is that I suggest his Respawn be slowed.
Storm
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Grok the Ogrelord

Post by Storm »

The game makes periodic checks to see if the bosses are dead or not and respawns them if they are. This means if you kill them right before the check, they'll come back almost immediately.
Eylk
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Eylk »

Seriously? that makes it worse, because on top of it all, I've made a fool of myself...

Whatever, I suppose...I've kind of given up on even hitting 9 any time soon. Every time I make any progress It's lost...
The Twilight of a night that shall contain a New Moon and an Eclipse shall Break the Dawn.

Cookie for anyone who gets what I mean by that.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Why don't you just... you know... run?
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

If you finding solo play a little tough, you can advertise that your looking for a group 2 different ways

1. By the Waypoint in Blackstone Keep there is a town cryer, he will send a shout across the server that your interested in joining a party.

2. In your inventory there is a mirror, its like a looking glass. When you activate it it gives you a view of all the players on the server & there present location. At the bottom of this there is a few tabs, click the LFG tab (LOOKING FOR GROUP) and anyone looking here now will be able to see your in need of a party.

Hope this helps.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is most definitely bug. I will look at it.

-driller
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

It is worse when it is a dragon that respawns suddenly.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Eylk
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Eylk »

@Milk; I mean this as politely as possible, but he hits around 15-25, and I had 20 HP left, and on top of that I was caught unawares.

@Shadow; I already knew those, but thanks for trying, I appreciate it.
The Twilight of a night that shall contain a New Moon and an Eclipse shall Break the Dawn.

Cookie for anyone who gets what I mean by that.