Party Rules

Post suggestions for improvements here.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Party Rules

Post by shadowflame »

Would it be possible to limit the lvl gap that pc's can gain xp while grouped with others?

Im all up for helping new players, but i do believe adveturers should only gain experiance with groups that are close to the respective lvl.

I meen did you intend to have lvl 4 players powergaming in the waste with lvl 20+ Driller? i have seen this going on

some people are skipping alot of the servers early content and missing out on the whole BSK experiance i feel because of this.

And lets face it, people will use this exploit to power & metagame for as long as its allowed to go on.
OrionNebula
StarChild
Count
Count

Re: Party Rules

Post by StarChild »

dont restrict the lvls, instead enforce the rule and rely on other players to enforce the rule as well. I travel with people about 4 - 5 lvls from me because of the lack of players on the server. So if i want a group I have no choice. However I rarely as a low lvl travel with epics becz it just doesnt make sense to do so. I think this is better done through player and dm intervention rather than writing a script.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

I vote for scripting this simply because people are people and aslong as its possible to exploit and get away with it people will.

5 levels up and down is my suggestion.

I think this was an excelent suggestion Shadowflame. When I were at Mirkwood with another account then M-A-D playing weeks ago you were with me along with a group of players and even if there was alot of levels between us back then you were the only one who realy tried to help at all times - good work and great fun.

M-A-D
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

If you go with scripting then I do agree with no less than 5 as you said MAD. It would be unfair on a server this size to say within 2-3 lvls.
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

*nods rapidly*

M-A-D
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

yes i agree a gap of 5lvls higher/lower would be acceptable

could you give us your opinion on this Driller?
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will think on this.

-driller
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

It would also be a nice touch if all xp earned was based on the highest level character in the party.

One reason why I avoid party play is because of the high amounts of xp yielded from such endeavors. Perhaps xp should be maxed out at 100 and divided evenly amoung players.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Nottingham wrote:It would also be a nice touch if all xp earned was based on the highest level character in the party.

One reason why I avoid party play is because of the high amounts of xp yielded from such endeavors. Perhaps xp should be maxed out at 100 and divided evenly amoung players.
Actually this is wrong. This is a PARTY RP Light server. Hence partying is encouraged not discouraged. If you go to an rp heavy server you'll get just what your request is. If I can do better solo than party why party at all. Having the loot drops as automatic for each person in party and not nerfing the xp is a perfect way for bsk to encourage partying. If you take a look around the only person who this had an opposite effect on is you. When I'm logged in I see some of the most soloistic people from BSK 1 in a party. That must mean that something was done right to encourage partying from BSK 1 to BSK 2.

I dont want to name names but really when was the last time in BSK 1 that you've seen some of these people party half us much as they do now. I for one am one of these people. Once I got the hang of BSK 1 all I needed was a few buffs from a friend and I was off to lvl 40 all by myself. Now.... pfft. I cant make it to lvl 9 by myself.

Dont change anything Driller please. Its getting better here not worse.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I agree, I think a difference of 5 is good.

-driller
StarChild wrote:If you go with scripting then I do agree with no less than 5 as you said MAD. It would be unfair on a server this size to say within 2-3 lvls.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Now is this difference pre-Epic?

I remember in the past it was always kosher for any Epic characters to party and group with other epics-- simply because their challenges are more difficult, and by level 20, most classes already have their full array of skills/features to use in combat.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, but i can change that.

-driller
Gibbo wrote:Now is this difference pre-Epic?

I remember in the past it was always kosher for any Epic characters to party and group with other epics-- simply because their challenges are more difficult, and by level 20, most classes already have their full array of skills/features to use in combat.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Please do!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

I'll be honest with you, I've seen some characters much lower level than the others in their party and seen them hold their own when partying together. I think there should be active DM's on policing the server rather than imposing restrictions when there are some players who legitimateley are not trying to leech xp.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

you know, since this 5 level thing has been in effect I am having trouble playing the character I want. My upper levels are too low to hang with the few epics playing here and too high to play with the newer players who might need a little help with the area's they are struggling to play in. I never drag lowbies into epic areas for the sole purpose of power leveling them (or at all) nor do I take my lowest level characters into those areas to power level, or for any other reason. In fact, the few times I found myself playing a character that was considerably higher in level than the rest of the group I had other players yelling at me for killing mobs because I was nerfing the experience they were getting. one such incident was against frost giants (me 45, them 88). I ignored them since I should be able to drop one or two giants rather than just tag along softening up the targets for their benefit.

I think we should either expand the level range or assign experience according to the highest level character in a party or as an average of the levels of the characters in the party. Getting no experience at all because the 24th level in the party gained his level before the 19th level he was travelling with did, is no fun at all. It ruined all of the fun we were having and left the 19th level with nothing to do but go back to grinding creatures that give 27 or 36 experience points for lack of a tank to absorb the brutal damage that yuan-ti dish out.

There will be people who do their best to find ways to cheat the system and others that don't care. I don't see a lot of players trying to power level or exploit things for their own benefit although there are those who do or have. Maybe finding the cause to this ( max crafting scores, gotta have a 30th level character, can't get loot unless your toon is as strong as the mobs, etc.) These are some of the reasons why cheating has and is still happening. Greed is human nature and the design of this game fosters a need to have all of the goodies available to a build as soon as you create your character. this is one reason people will create high ecl characters, ( then cry about how unfair it is that they can't reach max level, and about how it is impossible to play one with such obnoxious experience requirements). Greed!!

I favor the removal of the 5 level rule.

~tlantl