Party Rules

Post suggestions for improvements here.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: Party Rules

Post by shadowflame »

1. Maybe increasing the level gap to 7 would ease the pressure

2. I agree with Tianti that party xp should either be set at highest level in group or set at group average based on level. It is annoying for the highest lvl in a group as there expected not to kill so as not to nerf xp
OrionNebula
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Lol this reminds me of a old saying.....beware what you wish for :P
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Wing--Zero wrote:Lol this reminds me of a old saying.....beware what you wish for :P
lol....well personally im very happy with the gap being 5 lvls in fact im used to it, i suggested it being 7 as other players seem to be struggling, either way im happy with any decision made
OrionNebula
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

It seems like the lower level characters should earn less xp if the higher level characters are doing all of the killing.

If it was set to automatically give xp according to the highest level character in a party, then no one would expect you to hold back and players would fight in a more natural manner.

Is it right seeing the higher level guys back off so the lower level characters can make the kill?

Is that what Drizzt does? "OK, Catti-brie, I am going into stealth now. Make the kill!"
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

By the way, I am happy with the current system. It is nice to be one of the lower level characters and get a little better xp when you actually make the kill.

But if people are pressuring other people to hold back when there is no real reason to do so, that is not cool. Sometimes people do it to be nice, but I have had people get snippy about it, too, when you do not hold back or when you even make the kill by accident.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

You know one thing rings out in my mind when I come back to read this. It was suggested to have a level gap because a player did not like someone hanging around in their party in the area while they were killing things.

There is one major solution that was over looked. Why not kick that person out of the party? Are players that cowardly that they cannot stand up for what they believe in but instead resort to asking the rules be changed to suit themselves?

I stopped playing on this server a little while ago when I found so many nerfs were occurring. I come back to check the forums every now and then and I continue to see the same things. Very low player count and more nerfs being requested/implemented. I'm not saying this to insult or anything. Its just an observation I have made since bsk 2 came back up.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

Nottingham wrote:By the way, I am happy with the current system. It is nice to be one of the lower level characters and get a little better xp when you actually make the kill.

But if people are pressuring other people to hold back when there is no real reason to do so, that is not cool. Sometimes people do it to be nice, but I have had people get snippy about it, too, when you do not hold back or when you even make the kill by accident.
Then manage those players. Boot them from the party. Speak out against them.