Crafting.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

What type of crafting should BSK use?

1.Keep it as it is.
4%
2.Use the socket gems and Forge stones of BSK1.
61%
3.Use the crafting that Storm of Zehir had.
26%
4.I have my own ideal. I will post it.
9%

Total votes: 23

Richard Larkinson
Knight
Knight

Re: Crafting.

Post by Richard Larkinson »

It doesnt take a genius to go off and figure this one out for yourself, especially from Starchilds Post up above that most definately points the way in how these things could be achieved. Using that its easy to see that few things could be tweaked "if" you know what classes get at specific epic levels. Its not as if anyones posted a level by level guide to do it on here, and anyone with half a brain would of realised by now that what had been said earlier by another as a max wasnt entirely accurate.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

In my experiance of playing nwn2 online, most folk havnt got a clue when it comes to builds, all i ever see is carbon copies of of other peoples work thats shared on the net. (Wiki anyone?). This doesnt include you Richard as i have talked & played on BSK2 with you many times & you know your stuff mate!!

And yes i realised that the afor mentioned 56 skill points in crafting was not in fact the highest achievable score, but i was keeping that info to myself so as maybe to give myself an edge on any crafting competion i have.
OrionNebula
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

I purposely left out epic intell.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Will there be something done so as to allow the warlock's Imbue ability to function? And if it already is how do I use it on the BSK server?
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Deathsinger wrote:Will there be something done so as to allow the warlock's Imbue ability to function? And if it already is how do I use it on the BSK server?
Right now crafting feats arent required to craft an item, but if crafting feats should be added as a requirement then perhaps this feat could be added as a check of some kind. So it could work like the "Craft Magic Arms & Armour" & "Craft Wondorous Items* feats do
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Since we can craft on belts and amulets could the merchants perhaps sale some of these items, so we have a base to work with? And still no answer as to how the Warlock's feat "Imbue Item" will work on the server.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Foxmore sales these items. The Imbue item feat will not be used.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:Since we can craft on belts and amulets could the merchants perhaps sale some of these items, so we have a base to work with? And still no answer as to how the Warlock's feat "Imbue Item" will work on the server.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Thanks. will try Foxmore's again. Maybe someone had just bought all of them when we were trying.
Connec
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Connec »

I like the idea of the Forge Stones and Socket Gems but if there could also be the same crafting from Storm of Zehir at the same time. (If I was playing a Warlock, I could craft Mithral Plate Mail (it would have a Medium class armor then) and give it a name, then go to the forge and enchant it with the Forge Stone I find.)
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Yeah I miss the ability to change the name of an item with crafting, like in NWN1. But I also would like to see abilities like the warlock's be usable in some way (maybe where it adds a bonus to crafting checks? A good bonus as it's a special ability).
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

Im assuming we all understand the scoop of this thread by now, I suggest it be deleted so that not everyone is pumping epic crafters out left right and center, otherwise those of us who are smart enough to make a straight crafting build, are getting fudged out by 30 crafters on bsk which isnt good for an epic crafters business.

Too many spoilers in this thread about Craft scores for certian atributes and a crafting build to follow off makes it pointless to even have forging, may as well just make the stones non existant and sell the items if your just going to let everyone know whats what, I had to battle and fight my way on BSK1 to learn about all the stones what craft to use at what times on what equipment etc etc and I had a max craft of 91 on BSK1, so im sure a max craft of 60+ is acievable here, so perhaps destroy this thread sometime soon?
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

well thats nice. i dont really see where there is all this info in here about what the individual stones do. and unless you actually come here and read this you probably wont know that unless you make a pure epic crafter person your not going to be a good crafter. anyway. i dont like using my stones until i DO know what they do.. which also means i wont trade them away because i dont know what they do.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well, I'm an IDIOT so my crafter will NEVER have her skill above a 34 or so. Ta-Ta is my crafter, a level 31 Ranger (yes she is level 31 it said "Level Up" but won't let me *rasberry* :) ). I RP and don;t see me ever making a PURE crafter character. I don't see it in the RP of such a dangerous area for me. But I like knowing what to expect as a bug when I DO craft. I hate loosing a Stone to the air with no crafting results due to a bug. :(. (And we all know we aren't getting those stones back they are just gone :( .)
obregon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by obregon »

hisokaa wrote:Im assuming we all understand the scoop of this thread by now, I suggest it be deleted so that not everyone is pumping epic crafters out left right and center, otherwise those of us who are smart enough to make a straight crafting build, are getting fudged out by 30 crafters on bsk which isnt good for an epic crafters business.

Too many spoilers in this thread about Craft scores for certian atributes and a crafting build to follow off makes it pointless to even have forging, may as well just make the stones non existant and sell the items if your just going to let everyone know whats what, I had to battle and fight my way on BSK1 to learn about all the stones what craft to use at what times on what equipment etc etc and I had a max craft of 91 on BSK1, so im sure a max craft of 60+ is acievable here, so perhaps destroy this thread sometime soon?
:shock: ...you're proposing a public discussion be deleted so you can hoard knowledge about a make believe 'business'? Seriously? My God...
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

'Make belive business' You have no idea how much business there is in crafting if you do it right, and there is too much information in this topic as to how to make a crafter etc ete.

Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back