Spells and Items

Post suggestions for improvements here.
StarChild
Count
Count

Spells and Items

Post by StarChild »

I dont think this has changed but last I checked spells could not stack with items. So if I have Dex golves +2 and Cats Grace, instead of getting +6Dex I get +4 total. Can we change this? Seriously why shouldnt they stack? One is a spell the other is an item. They get there "energies" from two different sources. I'm actually looking at this from an rp point of view as well. These are two different things rp wise.

If you would like to limit the amount of total ability points one can get from spells and items combined then 12 may be a good number. 6 from items and 6 from spells. Clerics have a +6 strength spell and there are a couple +6 items at akons. If you freeze it there I don't think the server will get out of hand like BSK 1.

Do you disagree?
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Re: Spells and Items

Post by Caesius »

The ability cap looks to be another of those hardcoded features that was changed to better reflect PnP rules which only allows the best item/spell to count.

Of course, in PnP games, you needed to know the cat's grace spell to be able to make a dex boosting item. In this context, both the item and the spell rely on the same type of energy.

I do notice however that class abilities such as Rage and Frenzy will stack with spells or items as those abilities are powered by adrenaline rather than magic.
The only constant is change.
StarChild
Count
Count

Re: Spells and Items

Post by StarChild »

So that was done on purpose? Hmf. Good to know. Now I can better contemplate item selection vs my build options. I admit I like the new rules of nwn2 better cz it encourages partying instead of soloing. Still some things are just odd to me.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com