ECL characters and max class level

Post suggestions for improvements here.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

ECL characters and max class level

Post by twin_snakes »

I'm not sure what the settings are on bsk yet as none are able to attain level 30 however I am curious what the max class level of the ecl races are here on bsk? For example you have an ecl +2 character. Are they capped at level 30 causing them to only achieve 28 class levels or are they able to attain 30 class levels effectively making them level 32?

Depending on the answer this may be a suggestion then (having ecl races with the ability of attaining 30 class levels).

Might you be able to shed some light onto this Driller?
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: ECL characters and max class level

Post by shadowflame »

in my experiance all ecl characters can obtain lvl 30, if you could only reach lvl 28 then playing such a class & struggling with the early lvl hardships they endure would be pointless.
OrionNebula
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

shadowflame wrote:in my experiance all ecl characters can obtain lvl 30, if you could only reach lvl 28 then playing such a class & struggling with the early lvl hardships they endure would be pointless.
Of course ecl characters can get to lvl 30. I am asking about "class" level. That is different than "character" level. By default nwn single player campaign only allows 30 character levels ie a ecl +2 character would have 28 class levels only. On pw's (player worlds) the admins such as Driller have the ability to change that setting to allow 30 class levels. I am willing to bet it has not been set that way on bsk which is why I am asking in the suggestions section.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not sure about this.

-driller
twin_snakes wrote:
shadowflame wrote:in my experiance all ecl characters can obtain lvl 30, if you could only reach lvl 28 then playing such a class & struggling with the early lvl hardships they endure would be pointless.
Of course ecl characters can get to lvl 30. I am asking about "class" level. That is different than "character" level. By default nwn single player campaign only allows 30 character levels ie a ecl +2 character would have 28 class levels only. On pw's (player worlds) the admins such as Driller have the ability to change that setting to allow 30 class levels. I am willing to bet it has not been set that way on bsk which is why I am asking in the suggestions section.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

well after much debate im sill confused about the whole character lvls allowed, all my characters are ecl races. my gnome has an ecl of 3 does this mean he will only manage to get to lvl 27 on this server Driller?...i really hope this isnt so as my build doesnt get his best feats until lvl 28,29,30. i dont understand why anyone would play an ecl class and put up with all the hardships they face xp wise if they couldnt even lvl past there respective ecl numbers. surely denying ecl clss to progress doesnt actually give them the bonuses there meant to have.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, you will be able to level to 30 with an ECL race.

-driller