Hiding does not work in town or in non monster areas.

Report any bugs you find here.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Hiding does not work in town or in non monster areas.

Post by twin_snakes »

I hide, game says I do and shows i do but all can see regardless of skill. Has this been disabled on purpose?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hiding does not work in town or in non monster areas.

Post by driller »

Nope.

-driller
twin_snakes wrote:I hide, game says I do and shows i do but all can see regardless of skill. Has this been disabled on purpose?
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

driller wrote:Nope.

-driller
twin_snakes wrote:I hide, game says I do and shows i do but all can see regardless of skill. Has this been disabled on purpose?
Ah ok, bug then.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

I saw this, too. The character was a black color, all black, but clearly visable.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

the character in question was most likely located with a high spot, listen, or search skill. The black silhouette indicates the character is hidden. The fact that you can see it means you have found the hidden character.

from experience on this server using hips works fine. As for others hiding in my vicinity, I usually have high numbers in those skills and see a lot of hiding characters.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

tlantl wrote:the character in question was most likely located with a high spot, listen, or search skill. The black silhouette indicates the character is hidden. The fact that you can see it means you have found the hidden character.

from experience on this server using hips works fine. As for others hiding in my vicinity, I usually have high numbers in those skills and see a lot of hiding characters.
Actually you are incorrect. I verified it before even posting here. My roommate was logged in with a character with no spot or listen skill.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

8Shrugs* ...Or not!