Crafting Suggestions

Post suggestions for improvements here.
StarChild
Count
Count

Crafting Suggestions

Post by StarChild »

Driller let me know if you'll consider any of these.

1. Allow 1 red and 1 blue stone per item. I agree we have to limit the forge so that this does not turn out as bad as BSK1. However 2 stones per item is not pushing it or even close to pushing it. It would help balance things out severely and give fighters a fighting chance on this server. Pun intended.

2. If you don't like number 1 then at least make the red stone 1d6 instead of 1d4. A lot of us like the auras on our weapons as part of rp. Wynter used to carry a frost shortsword to enhance her cold look. Its fun and people might actually consider leaving their weapon with the red stone instead of going for the AB bonus of the blue.

3. If you like neither of those what about this? Why don't we make 1 or both options available for fighters only. That means an item has 2 stones on it the item instantaneously requires the feat greater weapon specialization to use. This insures that not everyone is going around with uber gear but gives fighters of lvl (was it 8 for greater ws?) or higher another way to feel like they fit in here because right now they dont. In fact only bard and cleric builds fit in here at the moment. Oh yeah... my wizard build too.

Are any of these acceptable or worth thought driller? I know of one person building a fighter that would love this.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crafting Suggestions

Post by driller »

I am going to allow two properties for forging. To address your other thread, I will allow up 25% immunities on shields.
Not sure about the damages yet.

-driller
StarChild wrote:Driller let me know if you'll consider any of these.

1. Allow 1 red and 1 blue stone per item. I agree we have to limit the forge so that this does not turn out as bad as BSK1. However 2 stones per item is not pushing it or even close to pushing it. It would help balance things out severely and give fighters a fighting chance on this server. Pun intended.

2. If you don't like number 1 then at least make the red stone 1d6 instead of 1d4. A lot of us like the auras on our weapons as part of rp. Wynter used to carry a frost shortsword to enhance her cold look. Its fun and people might actually consider leaving their weapon with the red stone instead of going for the AB bonus of the blue.

3. If you like neither of those what about this? Why don't we make 1 or both options available for fighters only. That means an item has 2 stones on it the item instantaneously requires the feat greater weapon specialization to use. This insures that not everyone is going around with uber gear but gives fighters of lvl (was it 8 for greater ws?) or higher another way to feel like they fit in here because right now they dont. In fact only bard and cleric builds fit in here at the moment. Oh yeah... my wizard build too.

Are any of these acceptable or worth thought driller? I know of one person building a fighter that would love this.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Thanks. Very good. Very smart. I like that idea about shields.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Hey Driller can you alert us when you've made those two changes.

1. two forges per item
2. 25% on shields

Thanks?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The shields are in. I also put in a use for the survival skill. For now, it only works on the wolves.
The higher your skill, the better the hide that drops. Better hides are worth more gold of course.

-driller
StarChild wrote:Hey Driller can you alert us when you've made those two changes.

1. two forges per item
2. 25% on shields

Thanks?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Two forges per item is now active.

-driller
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Now we're talkin much apreciated driller. =D>

The addition of the survival skill is equally as awesome.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Another thing. Eon's ring has been updated. The spell cast will depend on the level range like 1-5 6-10 etc. Kind of like the old Bladecaster.

-driller
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

Im jumping of joy ! ! ! !

This is perfect, Now I can play my greatsword kamikaze build again! Wwooooooot

Thanks *10

M-A-D
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Well if weapon damage increases back to 1d6 instead of 1d4 I think that should be all the modifications made toward crafting. I wouldn't add any more stones to the game simply because we don't need to turn into a full fledge pvp power server. I do think people's auras on weapons enhances rp though thats the only reason i made the 1d6 suggestion.

If and when that gets done then the next thing to add would be adding more specialty items. Like the desert wind scimitar. By doing this we're actually forced to choose between our forged weapon or a weapon we can buy based on its (non-overpowered) properties. As it stands right now there is no contest because I'd take a forged weapon over anything we have in the stores (including Akons). This will change as more specialty items and armor are added to the game.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

id very much like to see 1D6 added to weapons, as i like to see the elemental aura that surrounds the weapons, this is for pure vanity reasons ofcourse^^
OrionNebula
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

I was selling off the multitude of grenade like weapons earlier, when I realized that there weren't any of the more powerful versions to be had. 1d6 damage is fine for first levels but the more powerful creatures we come up against scoff at the ineffective acid and fire bombs we use. I for one never use them.

I would ask that the means to fabricate these more powerful grenades be added or that they find their way onto the loot lists.

I also noticed that there are no longer gems being dropped. I like to bank them as insurance against loss of gold if I should have to take the respawn penalties for dying.

Maybe there could be loot lists designed by level group where more powerful minor loot could drop, say 1d8 grenade like missiles at 10th level and 1d10 at 15th lvl.

lastly I would like the ability to assign the type of damage bonus I receive from enchanting stones so that I don't wind up with four sets of acid bolts that do nothing when fired from my acid damage crossbow. Enchanting stones as they are at the moment are almost useless, finding them isn't exciting or as advantageous as the might otherwise be.

Thank you for your indulgence and keep up the good works.
~tlantl
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

In the single player campaign, player characters with the craft alchemy skill could make alchemical items using a mortar/pestle and an alchemical workbench.

On a related note PCs with the craft trap skill could make traps when using a blacksmith's workbench and a smith hammer.

As the required items to use these skills are currently not available on BSK2, could we please have a means of using these skills somehow? Any created items could be marked as stolen if there are concerns of flooding the market with homemade explosives and other disposable contraptions. As it stands now, these skills are a total waste of points.

The knowledge to make such mundane technological items would make total sense in a setting where a whole civilization worth of High Magic items were to vanish after some catastrophe. Sentient beings can adapt and this seems like a logical path that would result from such events.

Could we also have a fence who is willing to buy stolen items? I don't mind if you hide him in the thieves guild. As there are more people coming to the keep these days, it's only a matter of time before some form of black market forms and someone decides to start such a business.

Maybe Kalus could have a descendant move in and set up a wierd Curio shop furnished with workbenches and ingredients for alchemy items, blank scrolls, wands, empty potion bottles, smith hammers, mortar and pestles and perhaps also has a side business where he buys stolen items for really cheap (Perhaps only limited to players that meet a certain class/alignment/skill/feat requirement). Just a thought.
The only constant is change.