item requests

Post suggestions for improvements here.
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

item requests

Post by KuttingKew »

I realise that items are being deliberately limited at the moment - however would it be too much to ask for a haste item or so to be available ? also - a bag of any type would be extremely useful. (suggestion - if you want to limit them, why not give one on char creation / entry & make it non drop - that would ensure that numerous bags are not collected on one char?). Even just a 20% bag/container would make a difference.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Re: item requests

Post by tlantl »

KuttingKew wrote: ...- a bag of any type would be extremely useful...
Yes especially for those of us who play halflings and strengthless sorcerer/bards.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

I like cuttin crews idea of getting the bag upon entry. Or how about making all bags 20% and they do drop. That no one is walking around wth bags of holding. to mix it up even further you can 40% bags only useble by wizards rogues and bards. YOu know people who would actually know what to do with a magic bag when they saw one.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

i have to say i agree here, as a gnome i struggle to carry anything more than im wearing, i constantly need to port to town when i find loot as i get encumbered quick. thing is i spend more coin on portal books because of this than i get for selling tools,thunderstone, holy water ect...so instead i have resulted in only looting the few gold coins i find, but to do this i must be sure i loot last while grouped or else noboddy else can loot.
OrionNebula
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

Not sure if this has been just over looked ... so *bump*
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will think about, maybe limit one to a character. Players loaded down with bags caused all kinds of problems on BSK1.

-driller
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

I appreciate that was the case - which is why I offered some alternative suggestions. Thank you for considering it :)
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

What about 3 bags at start and 1 more if you succeed in a quest ?

Humiz
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

How about the other way around? Get a bag for completing the Den Mother quest, then get a bag for completing each of the various quest lines (Foxmore, Warden, Gleanna, etc etc)? This will limit the number of magic bags, give incentive to actually complete the full quest line, and spread out the time it takes to earn each of the bags depending on the size/difficulty of the quest lines.
Humiz wrote:What about 3 bags at start and 1 more if you succeed in a quest ?

Humiz
ZOMFGOMBIES!
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

Post by KuttingKew »

personally, with the amount the bags hold, I'd be happy for just one bag - and a perm haste item. (I'll live with knockdown, & no mind spell immunity - I just want to run free & be able to hunt for more than 20 mins without having to lumber slowly back to town to sell !!)
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Gibbo wrote:How about the other way around? Get a bag for completing the Den Mother quest, then get a bag for completing each of the various quest lines (Foxmore, Warden, Gleanna, etc etc)? This will limit the number of magic bags, give incentive to actually complete the full quest line, and spread out the time it takes to earn each of the bags depending on the size/difficulty of the quest lines.
Humiz wrote:What about 3 bags at start and 1 more if you succeed in a quest ?

Humiz
I like this idea...but i would settle for just a single bag too at this stage, a haste item would be great , but maybe make it an Item or boots sold at Akons
OrionNebula
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Please, no permahaste items... it should be something that's usable 1x/day or along those lines
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Gibbs suggestion was best. Have the bags tied into the quest some how. Oh and that's true Milk Chocolate no permahasting. If you want persistent haste go to a cleric. Make friends. Form parties. This should be as party friendly a server possible.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Or... just live without haste... it's a great effect, yes, but your character can live without it. And there's so many classes that have some form of it (and for some of these select classes, it's what really incites people to even consider playing them). To have haste widespread on items would put alot of classes in the trash bin and like Starchild alluded to, damper the spirit of co-op play.

Duelist (gets haste 5x/day by level 10)
Frenzied Berzerker (frenzy)
Monks (sorta get haste due to natural speed bonus & flurry of blows bug, which gives 3,not 2, attacks per round)
Clerics (who must select time domain for this spell out of the MANY other domains with more perks)
Favored Souls (3x/day)
Warpriest (3x/day)

I mean, I wouldn't even touch Duelist with a 10 ft pole, or use frenzy, if it didnt have haste effect. Don't further cheapen already ignored classes!
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Oh and I just want to toss in an item request...

UNHOLY AVENGER rawr!

And items that provide feats that are typically neglected, but mildly useful:

Dash (I'd prefer this over an item that provides haste)
Death's (or Builder's, Nature, etc) Ruin: would be an extremely rare item to help out non epic rogues
Swift and Silent: a nifty feat that is not actually selectable during level ups due to one of the mean NWN2 bugs.