Search Skill

Post suggestions for improvements here.
StarChild
Count
Count

Search Skill

Post by StarChild »

Okay I tossed this idea around with a couple of players. To make people actually want to take the search skill and you do one or both things:

1. Add secret areas with treasure where only those with like a +25 search can get in. Or it can be area where loot drops are higher % with exotic creatures.

2. Do something like the tumble skill. For every 10 points in search your percent loot drop and rare loot goes up 2%

This would promote feats like able learner, skills that no one really picks like search, and even seeing a few more rangers running around. Could you imagine ... ranger stormlords instead of cleric stormlords? What's everyone's thoughts on this?
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Re: Search Skill

Post by Caesius »

I would also like to see more use of the social skills. Maybe if the player does a successful Intimidate check against Javin they can extort a little extra cash out of him. Maybe if with a successful diplomacy check, the Warden might give bigger rewards. There are many skills in NWN2 that simply are not taken advantage of on BSK. Perhaps more traps and easy locks with small bits of treasure beyond for rogues to ply their trade. I do agree with Star and would also like to see skills such as search be given a bit more of a roll whether it be by improving the yield from drops,or by adding secret doors to hidden little rooms for those who diligently search for it. Perhaps some with treasure, others with monsters and even others with monsters and treasure.
The only constant is change.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Might I add with all due respect and the utmost humbleness that the rewards should be high quality. For instance if appraise skill is only going to give me a 1% discount then screw appraise. I went on one server where the bard crafter trader broker character my friend had like an appraise of +45. He got me a high priced suit of armor for like 10k gp less than usual. of course I had to pay him 1.5K but you get the point.

It drives the economy and diversity of the server when such things are added. Back to the search skill for instance. One day I might go out to hire a ranger who I know can find some place with exotic creatures and ask him to bring me back a special +4 war mace that can only be found in that area. He can charge me 5k for every hr he spends grinding for it.

Trust me giving nice rewards for people to put skills points in rp skills will pay off for BSK big time. Emphasis on NICE rewards.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

*Stillette daydreams*

"Hey Mal, look at these beautiful +4 bracers of armor I found." she calls to a companion "Now I can dump this crappy chain shirt and act like a regular mage."