Enchant Stones

Report any bugs you find here.
StarChild
Count
Count

Re: Enchant Stones

Post by StarChild »

twin_snakes wrote:I should also note that you cannot put an enchantment stone on gloves. Might be nice to allow that for damage for the monks out there.
If not that then do something for monks. I mean every class has something to help them. we have no monk robes no gloves no nothing. Come on. Help an ice cold sista out :wink:
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Well I hear that there are now monk gloves in the game. I also heard rumor of some enchanted robes. Both of which are at Akons for some astronomical price. I have not yet been able to check for myself how true this is but I do have somewhat of an issue here.

This sends the message that every other class is entitled to a weapon and armor for an affordable except a monk. Honestly I can go buy an admantine rapier and full plate armor for under 1500 coin but i cant get a glove that does some damage or something unless I save enormous amounts of cash and do all that is required to get to Akons. Really its not fair. Is there something that will or can be done about this?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Well monks have superior base damage, maybe that is the reason. ( up to 3d10 with 28 monk or a combination of monk and sacred fist levels )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Monk fists can eventually count as Magical Lawful Adamantine weapons so there will be all sorts of damage reduction you can ignore even without gloves. Still, it would be nice to at least have some gloves with +1 in something.
The only constant is change.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Ah but we make the assumption that I am taking more monk lvls than cleric lvls to get the extra dmg. That's what is annoying me. I could complain that fighters get all sorts of weapon spec but that doesn't stop there from being scythe, greatswords, etc. from being in the game.

Or i could say that an intell bard swash buckler duelist with combat insight could rack up dmg and AC but that doesnt stop light armor and rapiers from being available or put in Akons or even reasonably priced on a server where 500 gold is a luxury. Its ridiculous. Monk is a class just like everyone else. Make it just as easy to play one.

I'm not saying I want this to be BSK 1. That obviously was unbalanced too far one way. But lets not make it unbalanced too far the other way. If you have to then make such items only available to monks and wizards (people who rely on robes and not armor). Lets find the sweet spot in the middle of BSK 1 and 2 :wink:
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

i agree
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Thanks for your support Raven.

I thought that I would have to argue my point even further when I noticed that, if built properly, a storm lord cleric weapon master (with the right race and 4th class), could own Blackstone and slap its warden around on a daily basis. However the fact that spears of all sorts are so readily available makes no sense if you say gloves should not be readily available. Honestly with the right type of stormlord build you could be the new king of Blackstone Keep and no one person would be able to do anything about it. Especially, might I add, if every storm lord is walking around with the spear from the forest giant quest.

Combine that with premonition from the time domain + some offensive magic domain and abbra kadraba what do you have? Yet if I bring up the subject of monk gloves that deal 1d6 cold damage i either get rudely ignored or someone thinks that would make me over powered in some way.

Yes I'm B*tchn [-X but I'll stop soon. I promise.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

<3 good suggestions so far. It's important to keep in mind that one of the big reasons that BSK1 could be construed as 'unbalanced' was partially because of how prototype weapons, or early-era items would slip into the player pool and never get filtered out, just occasionally passed around and hidden from unseen eyes. Cloaks with HiPS, Unlimited Timestop charge staffs, 50%+ immunity types, and all sorts of other things eventually slipped through the cracks and 'opportunistic' players knew a good thing when they saw it. It's no surprise that BetaBSK2 is very reserved in the way of items for the time being ... since it's very difficult to predict which items would make a ridiculous advantage 1, 2, 3 years down the road.

Also, the only reason that the stormlord/cleric builds are incredibly successful is because of the Gant's Spear. It's a quest item that has 1d6 fire damage. Stacked with GMW, divine favor, and Sonic/Shock buffs, you're looking at a very formidable weapon. It's accessible to even pre-epic characters, and with a questing party very affordable. No going back now-- I feel as though the Gank's Spear will eventually cause a natural balance of weapons of the same basic quality (1d6 energy types).

Maybe it's time to see monk gloves make the first appearance! I just looked at the default gloves using the DM client... the Gloves of Long death, Hin fist, and yellow rose +1 through +3 would be ideal for the item lay out currently on the server. I realize that all of the weapons currently have a +1 max, with an alternate of 2/- magic damage, however I just tested the gloves and it is currently not possible to cast Greater Magic Weapon on the gloves (I assumed so, but I doublechecked).

The +bonus on the gloves isn't an enchantment bonus, but an attack bonus (so no damage included). This is counter-balanced by a +1 energy damage associated with each of the gloves (cold, sonic, and electric respectively). Not exactly a big deal when you take into account that most weapons pack a 2/- magic damage, and furthermore no spells will 'buff' the gloves like flame weapon or keen edge.

So yeah! I totally support Monk Gloves being implemented into the server. I'll in fact even test the implementation myself with a monk/dwarvendefender (Rali needs some love!). To be fair, perhaps Gunther should sell +1 gloves, Bordermarch sell +2 gloves (if there is a Bordermarch merchant, haven't been yet), and Akon sell the +3 gloves. This will naturally change when the server items balance more, however I think it's a great starting point.
ZOMFGOMBIES!