More playable classes needed

Post suggestions for improvements here.
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

More playable classes needed

Post by M-A-D »

NWN2 offers several new classes to play but still I feel its a step back even from NWN since most of the classes is usless and nearby impossible to play in this extreme lowmagic world.

I feel that classes with divine powers forces themself upon us, most of us have played clerics more then alot and NWN2 offers so much more that currently are dead classes.

"flashback" for example at BSK ONE! cleric spells didnt add AB since the cap could be reached through forging and the same with magic westments AC there was regeneration items and items to increase stats.

I dont say there should be this kind of power available here but now a dexxer got poor ab/damage and AC - dualwielder or berserker of any type hits hard but can take a few hits and its wait, wait and wait or death - a wizard throw is spells in 30 seconds and kills 2-3 creatures and its wait, wait and wait or death. AND NOW lets talk CLERICs and Druids. Hasted with battletide, magic westment, magical weapon, spells to buff AB , regen and healing.

There is no point to play a fun class, you have to play something that works and is more effective. Question is: Am I the only one who feels this way? ? in party most workes but then there should be a party that fits to join at all times witch its not.

If im wrong please say so, if im somewhat right please add some suggestions. Just want whats best for BSK and me ofcourse :P games highest priority is still fun factor and Driller you have been a great entertainer so dont take our critisism to hard, I just have to say how I feel.

Thanks

M-A-D
StarChild
Count
Count

Re: More playable classes needed

Post by StarChild »

I agree with most of this. I like the fact that it seems to survive in the new NWN2 BSK2 scenario your best chances are in party. However there are not enough people yet that play here where this makes sense. We either need more people or we can all be clerics.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

I have been having a little success with my bards. I usually like to multiclass my characters for the wider range of gameplay options, but having to add classes that take from my spells does make playing more difficult or less effective. Still the difficulty of the setting and the dearth of items does wear on a body. I have been playing nearly non stop over the past two days and even after grinding dogs for a couple of hundred coins in pelts I was able to amass 2300 in gold. Of course I died eight times in the blackstone mines chasing reliable loot boxes. If not for the two quests I was able to complete the coin count would be several hundreds less.

As for playing fun characters, well I don't let the setting completely dictate the characters I build. I have a swashbuckler who can hold her own against most undead and goblins. High damage weapon attacks force me to avoid combat with the monsters that use them and the inability to change weapons with out leaving combat makes missile attacks followed by melee combat a problem for all of my builds since I need to soften the target up before they reach my lightly armored, low hit point self.

I never played on a NWN pw so I wouldn't know about the stuff that was available for the players. I understand that there are a slew of races and classes available for addition to the game on the vault but I haven't been much interested in them.
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

I have been playing a ranger for a while now and must admit he can manage decent on his own now and im having a realy good time with him, still im abit conserned about thouse who play dex based builds since there are no items realy that will aid them and 2h builds witch is about to coolest would need something that can promote these builds.

Couldnt some simple reg+1 items be availabe to keep these builds going between their rest? Also some minor property items for all us without magic so we can go forward with our characters not only with levels but wilth gear aswell ( or perhaps this part is all supposed to be handle with the forge?)

These items could be restricted so divine based classes cant use them, this way builds with no magic or very little magic can get regeneration perhaps in a small amount just like a (for example) Cleric, just not as powerful like the clerics spells would be.

This could be applied to outher items aswell to promote certain builds.

M-A-D
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Low magic worlds favor characters who have access to buff spells. Clerics in particular have become the solo class of choice due to their capacity for tanking. The popularity and power of the Stormlord class of course is another reason to take cleric. I see too many buff clerics and not enough healing clerics.

Even a low level cleric with the healing domain can sustain a party long enough for a rest cycle. Yet it appears that playing medic is too boring for most. As long as healing items will be rare, clerics will be the most economical way of keeping a party in good health.

I think that the fear of balancing things in favor of the players has ended up narrowing the options for players a bit too much. It is difficult to solo if you aren't a cleric. It's difficult to find a party while this patch is in beta. What's a player on an empty server to do? Beat up more undead and goblins? Log out and go watch TV? Sit idle until someone else comes online?

I think heal kits should be added to stores. Potions are nice but are only self targeting.
The only constant is change.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

That is precisely why I love Platina so much. Even an evil bitch like Wynter has a hard time hating Plat. A healing cleric.

I also agree with the statement about waiting on standby. Wynter is my most advanced char. I wonder why. That's because all of my other chars are waiting standby for other people to arrive. Alas... such is the manner of Beta mods.
StarChild
Count
Count

SOME COOL IDEAS

Post by StarChild »

I thought of this last night. From what i've seen on other servers this should be easy. You can add the other color dragon disciples. For rp reasons many people might not want to be an rdd. Instead of bard and sorc based perhaps you can add another class base disciple. Of course you'd also have to change thier breath weapon to the appropriate dragon. Like ice breath for white dragon (hmf. I could make a whole new Wynter)

To really toss that idea up for fun you can even change the stat increases to fit the dragon type. For instance gold and copper dragon disciples can have high charisma +8 instead of strength +8. If you read the Draconomican (DnD 3.5) you'll find it fits the bill. Bronze and black dragon disciples could have +8 Dex instead of +8 strength and so on. You have to admit that would be fun. Oh and instead of bard or sorc for blue dragon you could make the required class a stormlord!! See what I mean!! what FUN :mrgreen:

Concerning Eldritch Knights you can add profenciencies in weapons and armor. I mean what the hell is the sense of being a knight with a dagger as your main weapon. Either that or add warmage class.

Lastly I'd like to suggest the Platinum Knight class from the draconomican. Its a nice class to play for weapon masters and
not over powered. Check it out!!
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Re: SOME COOL IDEAS

Post by Roland Deschain »

StarChild wrote:I thought of this last night. From what i've seen on other servers this should be easy. You can add the other color dragon disciples. For rp reasons many people might not want to be an rdd. Instead of bard and sorc based perhaps you can add another class base disciple. Of course you'd also have to change thier breath weapon to the appropriate dragon. Like ice breath for white dragon (hmf. I could make a whole new Wynter)

To really toss that idea up for fun you can even change the stat increases to fit the dragon type. For instance gold and copper dragon disciples can have high charisma +8 instead of strength +8. If you read the Draconomican (DnD 3.5) you'll find it fits the bill. Bronze and black dragon disciples could have +8 Dex instead of +8 strength and so on. You have to admit that would be fun. Oh and instead of bard or sorc for blue dragon you could make the required class a stormlord!! See what I mean!! what FUN :mrgreen:

Concerning Eldritch Knights you can add profenciencies in weapons and armor. I mean what the hell is the sense of being a knight with a dagger as your main weapon. Either that or add warmage class.

Lastly I'd like to suggest the Platinum Knight class from the draconomican. Its a nice class to play for weapon masters and
not over powered. Check it out!!
I like the Idea of the different dragon classes... as long as some testing was done to make sure they wouldnt be overpowered.

A requirement for the Eldritch Knight class is to have Martial weapon Proficiency.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Can we have more spirit type enemies such as fey, elementals and incorporeal undead? Spirit Shaman seems like a sorely neglected class and it would be interesting to see more opportunities to make use of their abilities. I noticed that many of the current monsters are very heavily melee/brute themed.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

I agree with Cass here. Seriously there are more types of undead than skeletons and zombies. We can have low lvl wraiths wondering about Blackstone Road and crypts.

I'm not sure if that would still make people want to play a spirit guide except for rp quest. Which reminds me I have to start a thread about someone being willing to run a campaign.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

@_@; just wait until the introduction of Soul Suckers v2.0.

Some fey creautres may be really good for the forest regions... West of the Pasture, the Mountains, Outside the Kobold caves.. etc.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Done.

-driller
Gibbo wrote:@_@; just wait until the introduction of Soul Suckers v2.0.

Some fey creautres may be really good for the forest regions... West of the Pasture, the Mountains, Outside the Kobold caves.. etc.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Totally noticed! Great change! Very good stuff!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Bravo!
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

I too have noticed. In fact Wynter is dead now because of it LOL. Actually I was left for dead by my party who had all the power in the world to help me. Hence I ask the question why would you let the one person in your party who can rez die? Makes no sense.